Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Down 1/2lb this week... I am aiming for a lb a week now because I am breastfeeding.. Had a bad week last week, so have to be extra careful this week, need to keep track of what I am eating!! Was stuck in the house with sick kids during the week and couldn't keep out of the fridge.:o 9.5 in total now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

sar84 wrote: »
    im sick of it all now to be honest. i missed my weigh in last week, but id been good all week, i had a bad day last weekend but id been REALLY good mon-thurs to make up for it & saved a couple of points each day - on thurs i stayed the same. after 2 weeks of it! to say i was p*ssed off was an understatement. i actually felt like crying.

still a bit annoyed. in a bit of a "whats the point" mood now. ate very badly yesterday :(

im going to TRY now properly from now until next thursday. im still in a bad mood about it all though :mad:

Hey Sar84 I no exactly how u feel. its like d biggest box in the stomach :( u just want to pull ur hair out. I feel so lost sometimes which in turns makes u eat more n more.
    but u shud take a deep breath n relax. we al go thru this from time to time except tose who lose weight religiously each week no metter wat happens. i aint one of those. :):)
    Put it behind you n just remember it takes time. it can be so frustrating but if u keep reminding yourself it takes time it doesnt seem so bad.
    Chin up it could always be worse ;);)

good luck dis week!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

I think tomorrow's weigh-in is going to be skipped. It won't become a pattern, but when I know I've been this bad it's pointless depressing myself by seeing the figures on the screen. Sometimes I really hate being weighed in on a Monday! I had my first "bad" weekend since starting WW. I don't even know what I've eaten to be honest, and I don't want to know. Had some really bad news personally on Friday, and I have been off the rails non-stop since then. Gah, emotional eating :mad::mad::mad: Back with a vengeance tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sn00ps

Sar84, I hear ya I really do. I joined this post when I have been 4 months religiously counting my points but not going anywhere after a great start.

I sat down and did some evaluating and discovered that I have got a bit complacent with my carrying over of my points and my portions had crept up, although I was maintaining my exercise which is why my weight did creep upwards.

So I started again, Feb 1st .. I've lost 2lb since, not a huge amount, but I'm loosing. It's like I've forgotten about all that happened before and I'm starting anew with a new goal. 7 lbs for Mid April when I'm attending a wedding.

Once again I'm writing down everything .. the spread, the milk, the bites of someone else's chocolate (which never counted before) and I've become born again! I am not sure if this will work for you .. but with the help of these guys and a bit of belief in yourself you CAN do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all..
    Thanks 1lbatatime for the msg...Yous are all so good...The week was quite mixed actually...i think this week prob the same with vals day an everything...Having the most chilled out weekend ever i think... well food wise anyways :D:D Defo the most laid back since iv started ww anyways.... Really enjoyed yday and consumed some amounts of food an alcohol:D:D It was lovely tho an i really had the chance to let my hair dwn. If i can stay the same this week il be more than delighted :D:D Dont think its possible but we shall see.
    Sar84 dont give up...ur hard wrk will show next week maybe on the scales...We all have hard times with th scales but your good work wont go unnoticed definitely!! Try t stay positive hun...xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

thanks for the replies girls.. i did have a bit of a blowout on friday, but ive been good since. if im still not down this thurs i think ill actually cry!

trying to be positive.. good luck to everyone for this week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 millegrazie

Hi everyone

I've been reading this thread for the past few months and have been a weightwatchers member since last June. Although I'm only posting now, I've been reading about all of yer progress, which has helped me along. I have lost almost 4 stone since June (2 and a half pounds away from the fourth stone) and got to my goal weight just before Christmas. Iwould have gotten my gold card two weeks ago but my mom passed away and I have not been able to attend ww meeting since.

I've been eating a bit more than usual (more biscuits etc.) and I feel completely disheartened and even though I know I'm still below my goal weight at the moment I'm scared I'll put some or all of the weight back on and disappoint my mom who was so proud that I managed to lose the weight in the first place.

My heart is broken and I don't know if I have the willpower to get me through this difficult time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sn00ps

Saturday was not a good day for me .. All in honour of that Italian Saint.

chocolates, cheesey veg, streak with sauce, vino, chocolate muffin at lunch time and a large latte ..

gonna have to double my walkies this week .. feeling really really bloated!!

Any of you guys as bad as me .. ???

At least I weigh in on Fridays .. have a bit of time to make it up. I know it's the wrong way around but I just don't seem to be able to save my points these days.

S

PS millegrazie I am really sorry to hear about your mum. I think this has got to be a tough time and I'm sure she would understand if you slip a bit. Just think of her sitting on your shoulder though and smiling at you every time you are good though. She is still there to be proud of you .. I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

millegrazie: I am so sorry to hear about your mom, it is bound to be a difficult time. Just take your time and you will get back to WW when you're ready. I'm sure your mom is still very proud of you & like sn00ps says she will understand if you fall off the wagon a little. The important thing is to get back on! I'm sure you're mom will be watching over you & cheering on every success in the future - Good Luck with it. And, remember you can always come here when you need a little extra support.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

I've had a really good week this week so far, been saving points every day except one because i have a big night out tomorrow. There is a cinema preview hosted by nokia on, and there is a cocktail reception before. I have been to one of these a few months ago and the thing i remember most is how amazing all the food was, and not one single healthy option, all mini burgers and fish and chips and hot dogs and cupcakes etc (you get the drift) as well as amazing cocktails. Then they gave us malteasers and cinema popcorn. I can avoid the cocktails and have a glass or 2 of wine to save points, but does anyone have any ideas for will power or something i can do to avoid the tempting finger food so i can stay on track!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

ok guys can some one give me a verbal kick up the behind, have seriously fallen off the wagon in the last two weeks, my grandad has been very ill but is thankfully on the mend so have no excuse to be eating rubbish anymore dont want to go up again this week:(

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

psycho-hope: Glad to hear your Grandad is getting better, that's good news. I know it's hard to concentrate on WW when there is other stuff going on but now that you can focus again perhaps you should write down why you started WW in the first place - maybe that might help you?

Also, I always find that when I track everything I eat I do better - I know it's a pain to do this but it really does work! Just try it for one week & see how you get on - be committed to writing down everything!! Even if it's not good.

Look at how far you've come so far - you can keep it up! Don't let all that hard work go to waste!:)

Good Luck!! Let us know how you're getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

zedhead wrote: »
    does anyone have any ideas for will power or something i can do to avoid the tempting finger food so i can stay on track!!

Eat a light meal before you go. Allow yourself to 'try' two or three of their tasty offerings but after this just say 'no thanks'.

Have your couple of glasses of wine and allow yourself one cocktail during the evening, but don't have any more. If you want to avoid all alcohol why not drive there, then you have a perfect excuse to say no to the cocktails!

Keep your 'rules' in your head but do enjoy yourself. You have some points saved up, just make sure you don't go over them.

Good luck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I'd lost 1 1 /2 stone very slowly over 9 months and in the past 9 months I've slowly been putting back on the 1/2 stone, even though I've been going to meetings, pointing and eating low fat foods. I will admit the snacking had crept back in though.
    For the past 4 weeks I've really tried to get back on the wagon in terms of food but have to admit I'm finding it very hard. I have weigh in tonight, I had lovely dinner with hubbie on Saturday and then the inlaws stayed with us Sunday and last night meaning decent dinners (which I did point) but they brought cake. I kept my slices very thin slivers and tried not to eat between meals, but I still feel like I'll be up tonight. So much so I think I might miss the meeting which I hate doing.
    I need to lose 24lbs to hit target and that just sounds like an awful lot. Getting very disheartened. Going by the way it came off before it'll take me another 2 years. I just seem to lose it very slowly even when I'm being very good.
    Hitting the exercise again from tonight now that the evenings are getting bright again, plus hubbie bought me a new basketball ring to mess about with, maybe even join a team and have some fun. Hopefully that'll help a bit.
    WW is hard going. It works I know, and in the best way, slowly so it stays off, but when I look at someone on those shake diets who lose 1/2 a stone in a week it's hard to stay focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I'd lost 1 1 /2 stone very slowly over 9 months and in the past 9 months I've slowly been putting back on the 1/2 stone, even though I've been going to meetings, pointing and eating low fat foods. I will admit the snacking had crept back in though.
    For the past 4 weeks I've really tried to get back on the wagon in terms of food but have to admit I'm finding it very hard. I have weigh in tonight, I had lovely dinner with hubbie on Saturday and then the inlaws stayed with us Sunday and last night meaning decent dinners (which I did point) but they brought cake. I kept my slices very thin slivers and tried not to eat between meals, but I still feel like I'll be up tonight. So much so I think I might miss the meeting which I hate doing.
    I need to lose 24lbs to hit target and that just sounds like an awful lot. Getting very disheartened. Going by the way it came off before it'll take me another 2 years. I just seem to lose it very slowly even when I'm being very good.

Hitting the exercise again from tonight now that the evenings are getting bright again, plus hubbie bought me a new basketball ring to mess about with, maybe even join a team and have some fun. Hopefully that'll help a bit.
    WW is hard going. It works I know, and in the best way, slowly so it stays off, but when I look at someone on those shake diets who lose 1/2 a stone in a week it's hard to stay focused.

hey barbie girl

if it does take you another 6 months or 2 years & it stays off it'll be worth it in reality could you drink one of those rotten shakes! i know I couldn't i've been battled with a couple of pound to get to a mini goal for myself for the past 4 weeks or so. please keep the faith remember you're doing this for you!

do you have someone you can buddy up with to do the exercise or an mp3 player to keep you going if you're out walking alone.

i've got 23.5 pounds left to loose so i've got a similar goal to you i've lost 27 so far but since last august i'm doing it slowly to KEEEP IT OFF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Looks like i really not the only one havin a bad week...had great weekend and since then jus havin snapped back into the buzz at all just been eating anything that i fancy which is seriously no way to be going..only been in the gym once all week and even have a lunch out today its been madness..got my 3rd stone last week and this week i couldn be further from that iv WI tamo an i sure aint looking forward to it...

Shud i even bother going..?? This has defo been my worst week so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Shud i even bother going..?? This has defo been my worst week so far!!

Definitely go.

Even if its bad then at least youll know and you can put the week behind you & start again :)

Ok im really proud of myself, i went to the event but managed to be reasonably good. I ate one mini spring roll, one mini burger minus the bun (beef patty bout the size of a 2 euro coin) and a mini grilled chicken skewer (bout an eighth of a chicken breast), i had 3 glasses of champagne, most of a medium cinema popcorm and a pack of malteasers. Now i had 26 points to use for the night and will prob save at least 3 of tomorrow points as well.

The last one of these i went to, i lost count of the amount of finger food i had and wine/cocktails so i think i did pretty good. Just wondering, how many points would people say was in what i had? I want to write it down just to make sure i keep tracking it all, even if it did go over what i had saved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Hi All
    Well I cant remember if I posted after my weigh in on Thursday but I was down 1 pound which was reasonable given the Saturday night I'd had!!! (chocolate cake, crisps, wine, vodka followed by a 5am trip to Eddie Rockets!)

I've been doing ww since last April and have done quite well in that time but I think that it is hard to keep it going all the time and it seems that there is more than just me that is feeling that way cos a lot of us on here seem to have the same battle, we know we want to but it is just a struggle to maintain the motivation particularly when things outside our control go wrong and send us crashing off track.

I'd kind of resigned myself to trying to maintain for a few weeks just to give myself a break.....still go to meetings to keep an eye and to be happy just to stay the same but I've just gotten a text from a friend who has decided she wants to start doing ww this week with me (she got engaged a couple of weeks ago-hence the chocolate cake and wine last Saturday!) so I'm happy now to go back knowing that I will have a partner in crime and so am going to have a fresh start come Friday morning. I'm hoping this will put a new spin on it cos it can be a lonely road too if you're doing it alone.

I hope everyone has a good weigh in.....;)

Be happy and Dont worry, tomorrow is another day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Hi All,

I've been reading through all the latest posts and am a bit relieved to find that i'm not the only one feeling fed up with the whole thing.

I didn't make it to my WI last friday but was thankful as i had just ate rings around myself and have continued to do so! Take away Queen was my nickname over Valentines weekend and to be honest i haven't been able to stop myself since. (sitting here with a large latte, won't mention the sugars in it- and just ate a large fruit scone). Suppose emotional eating could be part of it for personal reasons. I am now thinking as it's wednesday there is no point in stopping eating what i want cos it's not going to make much of a difference - damage is done.

I am hoping that when i get on the scales on friday that i don't become too depressed with the outcome and continue on eating. I need some sort of motivation to loose it.
    Other than dress sizes and looking good - does anyone have other reasons to motivate themselves?

I know the above seems very negative esp since everyone here is doing so well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Well, I didn't go to my weigh in this week, but it was actually down to becoming quite sick on Monday, went to bed in mid afternoon with a Lemsip! Still not myself- something is up with my stomach, feels awful. Despite the weekend from hell I think I'm back on track now. I had the best and worst motivation from an insensitive and rather tactless male "friend" last night. Whilst discussing past love interests, he was describing a girl he had fancied and said (I'm five foot nothing) "She was the same height as you, tiny, but HALF YOUR SIZE" :eek: I actually nearly burst out crying, but I just bit my lip and said "Oh". He continued, "Yeah, she's like properly petite and in proportion" :( I wanted to tell him, "Actually, beneath the flab, I have a tiny little waist, the perfect waist to hip hourglass ratio, big boobs and small limbs- and I'm getting the flab off them to reveal them as we speak". The worst bit is he knows I'm on a weight loss journey, so it was pretty callous and tactless of him I thought.

This has turned into a rant, but my ego's really bruised! So this is what men see me as, some oaf! Even with almost a stone gone! I mean I'm down to almost 9 stone- surely this girl wasn't 4.5 stone! My ultimate goal weight is 7 stone 7 lbs (I'm very small). Anyway, good luck to everyone this week and I hope no one else encounters such insensitivity!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

Papillon87 wrote: »
    ..... it was pretty callous and tactless of him I thought.

This has turned into a rant, but my ego's really bruised! So this is what men see me as, some oaf! Even with almost a stone gone! I mean I'm down to almost 9 stone- surely this girl wasn't 4.5 stone! My ultimate goal weight is 7 stone 7 lbs (I'm very small). Anyway, good luck to everyone this week and I hope no one else encounters such insensitivity!

he's a bit of an empty head like most men he doesn't realise the journey that you're on so let that one slide!

i wouldn't think that about yourself at all no way at 9 stone would anyone think you are an oaf!!

more importantly you concentrate on getting better soon & staying focused on your journey!! you'll do it :D

Well I didn't go to WW last night as I knew I'd be up. Instead very depressed I binged, which I have never done before!!! Anyway that was wake up call. So this evening all and any unwanted bad foods are going either into the bin, or in a bag to bring to work and let others eat them. I'm fine with food so long as it's unopened but once open I feel it must be eaten. I am also definitely going for a walk and maybe some boxing on the wii this evening.
    As to motivations. Last week our leader had us write down 10 reasons why we wanted to lose weight. It's quite hard actually but she says that the 10th reason is actually the real reason.
    For me that was "to be the person I used to be". As in confident and sexy. That's what I'm holding onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Barbie girl you leader sounds brilliant
    which class do you go to

can you all tell me which classes you attend and what you think of your leader
    I posted before looking for a good leader - I really feel its half the battle
    I work on the road in sales and can attend meetings all over - if I could just find a good leader that was good

The last one I attended in Kildare was really condescending and hurtful

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

Don't worry Papillon, men will normally just say what comes into their mind without thinking how it might sound! I wouldn't read too much into it, I'm sure he didn't mean it that way at all!

Dublegs - sorry you're having a tough time but maybe you should try some damage limitation! Try to think how you'll feel standing on the scales at WI and seeing the needle going up, then think 'do I really want to eat this?'

Reasons for doing this? Health, fitness, energy, confidence, new wardrobe :D

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Barbie girl you leader sounds brilliant
    which class do you go to

can you all tell me which classes you attend and what you think of your leader
    I posted before looking for a good leader - I really feel its half the battle
    I work on the road in sales and can attend meetings all over - if I could just find a good leader that was good

The last one I attended in Kildare was really condescending and hurtful

I attend Fiona Gillett's class in Leopardstown, The Holy Trinity school she has one class 5.30 and another 6.30 on a Tuesday evening. She is definitely not condescending.

so so bad dis week just not into it at all .Not goin to WI i no its d easy way out but wen u no ur up ur up!! was meant to start my exercise n al dis week :( feel so crap tink im destined to be fat 4ever its so disheartenin sometimes:(

I attend Fiona Gillett's class in Leopardstown, The Holy Trinity school she has one class 5.30 and another 6.30 on a Tuesday evening. She is definitely not condescending.

oh its meeting in Donnycarney wit leader Michael, wednesday evening 17.15 and 18.30. hes a fab leader really funny!!!

She also does 4 classes on Rochestown Avenue on a Thursday evening and i just started with her a few weeks ago. She seems quite good, but i do sometimes think she pushes her way alot, like disregarding certain foods altogether because its something she doesnt think its worth the points, or something that she would eat the whole pack of etc. Its just a small niggle ive found in the past few weeks, but for support and encouragment she has been great.

I found Mary (cant remember her surname) who does classes in Stillorgan (Glenalbyn) on a tuesday absolutley fantastic, i had to stop going because tuesdays didnt suit me any more, but she was the best leader i ever had (ive been through about 6)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Weigh In tonight, absolutely dreading it. Seriously thought about not going but then I thought why did I bother doing any of it if I'm going to give up like this so i'm going, whether it be good, bad or indifferent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement