Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

rachums wrote: »
    thanks very much! i love the water so it isnt too hard to drink it loads!

I started a course in midwifery and im generally so excited at the moment so cant wait to get rid of this thing and start enjoying it!

Oh god its horrible having sinus infection, just makes you feel like ****, and makes you feel like eating crap! cos nothing else matters when your feeling crappy!

Get through your first week in college first, then you'll have an idea of your breaks, and of when you'll be hungery during those busy days!

Alot of my college breaks area really short only half an hour, so what i'm doing is bringing in flask of boiling water and a thermus travel mug and box of my favourite skinny mochas and for my short breaks make my self nice big cup of coffee or on a cold day make up mug of soup and get a small bread roll.

I know i'll look nerdy but its going to save points and save money. Means i can look forward to a really nice big dinner when i get home with lots of points! and i think it'll catch on, cos while everyone out in the rain trying to run to the shop, i'll be chilling out with my ipod and magazine having my soup or coffee : P

I also got a 24 can case of diet coke yesterday! 0ptp fills me up, and gives me a nice little caffine buzz. and takes 0 prep time.

Giving my self a 6pt breakfast every morning!
    oatmeal + skimmed milk = 3pts
    A boiled eggs boiled the night before = 1.5pt
    Skinny Mocha = 1.5pt

Do not skip breakfast! even if its not the most point savvy option have SOMETHING! Toast, cereal, something anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

my breaks tend to be an hour long, there are eating places in like every building and it has great variety which i great.

I always eat breakfast now ! no matter what time i get up at! but having breakfast makes me alot hungrier by about 10.30 / 11 which never used to happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mrs.scales

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    that would really give me the confidence to say YES I bloody can keep this up while in college. :D

40lbs....jesus H Christ. That's bananas. well done you!!!

I'm starting back to college too, do you bring in your own lunch? find avoiding snacking during college is sooooo hard

my breaks are generally really short bar the odd one here and there which is like 2 hrs long. I bring my own water/diet coke so i always have something close at hand to sip on or a quick energy boost. and a flask of hot water and sachets of soup and coffee in my locker! geeky i know! but not just watching my points...watching my money too. I will splurge and spend a whole 2.70 on a chicken and salad wrap in the centra around the corner.

Our college canteen isn't open yet....when that opens....oh god temptation will be high! anything wtih cheese and im a sucker, panini, crossaint, toasted sandwichs ect..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

I've going on 40lbs lost with ww:)

Well done!! How much were you losing on average per week?

• Advertisement

It took about 7 months to get to the 30 lbs then i hit a platue. and didnt lose anything for age.s but its started moving slowely again. when i was on great streaks i was losing kinda 2 - 3 a week, but thats cos i had time to hit the gym 5 times a week cos i was out of work.

but now i'm just aiming for 1.5lbs a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Hi all,

Went to class, was down 1.5 kinda thought it would be more tbh! ah well any loss is a good thing so I am happy!! Getting geared up for college now, hair done etc so looking forward to it!! 7lbs to goal so I figure a month should see me there provided I dont do the dog on nights out :( it's always my downfall :) that'll be 89.5 lbs in total as far as I remember.... kinda getting excited now I just wanna get there!!! gonna be v v v good all this week and keep myslef motivated!!( Hopefully )

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

rachums wrote: »
    I always eat breakfast now ! no matter what time i get up at! but having breakfast makes me alot hungrier by about 10.30 / 11 which never used to happen!

Hi Rachums- I don't ever eat any of the breakfast cereals. I have found that they just give me a sugar rush that lasts till bout 9 and then I'm hungry.

I find when I eat porridge for breakfast I am starving again by 10- it's no use to me on its own. If I have a banana or pear with the porridge I last much better to lunch. If I'm in for a really busy day that I don't think I'll have time for lunch, a protein for breakfast (eg beans or 2 rashers) with toast will see me through to 3 or 4.

Maybe you need to rethink what you're eating for breakfast? Trial and error will bring you to the best combination for you. And spending an extra point or two for a more substantial breakfast is a good "investment" for the rest of the day. That's really vital at this time of year when we are more likely to pick up colds and flus.

At my WI this morning I have lost 3 lbs. I am so glad cause I was half a pound up last week.

have a boiled egg...i dont mean in with the porriage, but like in addition to the porriage. slow releasing complex carb, + protein from egg + caffine kick from coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I've going on 40lbs lost with ww

Wow, congratulations Lady Lainy, that's a fantastic achievement
    7lbs to goal

You'll get there in no time Susita.

Fair play to all the ladies on this forum, ye all have had amazing weight losses and make it sound so easy!
    Although I have lost weight with WW before, things are very different this time round for me and reading your posts are really inspiring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

well I weighed myself today, and after last week staying the same I was down 2 pound, so I have now 4 lost stone in total. I never thought I would of lost it in 5 months but I did, Delighted just 4 more pound till goal :) woo

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭gaoife

wow :D well done Lady Lainy, susita06 and alpha2010 those are some serious losses!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

after a serously bad week i walked 2 top of mt leinster yesterday 2 try make it up!!!! it was so so hard but i done it!!!! :D wi in the morning :( fingers crossed!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mrs.scales

wexchick wrote: »
    after a serously bad week i walked 2 top of mt leinster yesterday 2 try make it up!!!! it was so so hard but i done it!!!! :D wi in the morning :( fingers crossed!!!!

well done you! need to get my own ass in gear with the exercise. i used to pound pavements, now it's just the keyboard! eeek

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

mrs.scales wrote: »
    well done you! need to get my own ass in gear with the exercise. i used to pound pavements, now it's just the keyboard! eeek

I'm lucky cos my friend is doin ww too and we work together so we are walking buddlies! i need someone to motivate me or else I would sit in front of tv all day :(

well done everyone!

Thanks for the brekkie advise!

awww thanks very much! :) 40 down....still along way to go I'm hoping for 55 - 60lbs in total by christmas. and same next year.

By the time im finished college hopefullly i'll be lean mean sexy machine! ready to take on the world.

Treadmill just ordered, being delivered monday :) college is all over the place this morning....we missed out lunch break so had my breakfast at 7am......didnt get home till 6pm....whole day no breaks...but thats just this week. just had a nice big dinner cos i was starving! didnt even bother pointing dinner! tho i know it was all low fat stuff, turkey mince, light dolmio, pasta...yeah i prob did the dog on it alright. and i actually cant even finish the big dinner i made, which woo kinda chuffed about. I've already even told the girls in my class i'm doing ww. so they'll have to excuse me at times if i disappear during long lunch breaks that i'm either gone for a walk or on the hunt for a healthy lunch.

thank god i had a litre of water with me for the day sipped on that to keep me thru the day, and a packet of ww cookies.

First class was 9 - 10.30, then had 30 mins off. then classes back to back from 11am - 4pm! we were ment to hav a break from 3 - 4 but that didnt happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 allsortsembroid

Hello all,

I am kinda a newbee to ww and absolutly delighted to find this thread.

I have gone for 7 weeks now and only lost 4.5lbs so really need to start getting my act together.

Any body have any tips?

Hello all,

I am kinda a newbee to ww and absolutly delighted to find this thread.

I have gone for 7 weeks now and only lost 4.5lbs so really need to start getting my act together.

Any body have any tips?

well done!! 4.5 lbs is great!! coming up to your first silver seven :)

tips... hmm well there are the ones that you know from your meeting like tracking, drinking water etc.... I suppose the big thing for me at the start was planning. I found that I was writing down as I ate and on the days where perhaps I had a big breakfast/lunch when I didn't need it as such I was leaving myslef with only a few points for the evening.

Planning works for me in that if I know I am going from days to nights ( I work in a fast food restaurant) I have to very careful in what I eat so I dont go over too much on points.

Another thing I find is that I will never tell myslef I can't have anything. If I pass something I want I will think about it check my points for that day and is it seems like it is not gonna work that day I will make allowances for it the next week ( generally if it is just something bad that I dont really need the effort of saving points isn't worth it and I forget!)

Eat often ! If I am bored, sad etc I will eat so if I eat often and keep busy I stay fairly regulated.

The most important thing for me is to remind myself why I am doing this. Do I want the the description of me to be " youknow the girl, the heavy one " . I never what to feel I have to live up to the "jolly" fat girl image again. I never want to feel inadequate . Thats what keeps me going.

Honestly, Best of luck with your journey, It has changed my life completely. I hope it does the same for you!

OMG Thank you so much for all your advice,

I have been very good so far this week my ww week goes from wed - wed so did 30 minutes on thread mill y/d and today and managed to save some points.

Finding it hard when in work coz so busy but thin i need to do as u say and plan my meals in advance.

Has any one checked out the ww magazine?

Any idea how many points in ketchup?

Feel really motivated now after reading this thread, thanks a mill x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Has any one checked out the ww magazine?

I bought last month's one for recipes.
    Haven't tried anything out of it yet tho!

The cover story didn't interest me at all...it just seemed very forced. IIRC Claire Sweeney never a WW member. Yeah she'd put up a few pounds over the years and had lost them again by diet and exercise. I just didn't find her story very inspiring. It felt very forced, like the interviewer was searching for a WW link, but there wasn't any.

And it's all UK based, with a ridiculous amount of full page ads!

I really enjoyed reading the story of the woman who had lost 10stone in the RTE guide supplement last week. Fair play to her...she looks fantastic now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

woo soo happy I actually lost 4 pound this week instead of 2, I weighed myself 2 days early so when I properly weighed myself today, I was down 4 .. my body works in weird ways :P

yay well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

alpha2010 wrote: »
    woo soo happy I actually lost 4 pound this week instead of 2, I weighed myself 2 days early so when I properly weighed myself today, I was down 4 .. my body works in weird ways :P

Fantastic result- well done you!

Any idea how many points in ketchup?

As far as I know ( i rarely eat it !) one tablespoon of the redused fat/sugar one is 0 but once ou go over that amount your looking at .5 to 1 point

Hmmmm I think i'll break even this week with points and lbs. first week of college been going to lunch, coffee, having long breaks. But started bringing my own flask of coffee to college today so im i dont have to go near centra for coffee...means no temptation of naughty goodies...danish and muffins!

The canteen building isnt even open at the moment so cant even go in to sit down and eat our own packed lunches. have to sit out side with either the rain or the wasps. hopfully canteen will be open next week! our breaks are just all over the place one day we have a break at 10am for 90 mins, then one at 12.30 for two hours. then class and home. then another day we have a 30 min break at 11....and nothing till 5pm finish.

hmmm just had ahuge plate of chicken chow mein for 7 points!

Large chicken breast 3 pts.

125g of Sharwoods Fine egg noodles 3pts

60g of Blue Dragon Chow Mein Stir fry sauce 1 pt

It has to be Sharwoods noodes! 75g of blue dragon noodles are 8pts! they are full of palm oil!

HAS TO BE SHARWOODS FINE EGG NOODLES!

IT WAS SO YUMMMMMMY!

:D

Hey all,

I did very well today (i think)

getting stuck on eating out though, ate singapore noodles from kays in blanch sc and noticed the noodles seem to be deep fried so absolutly no idea how many points in that,

think ill buy the ww mag and give it a go,

Any one bought any ww books?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jersey01

Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone here does weight watchers online? How does it compare to going to meetings. I am quite busy at the moment so I don't know if I could make the classes every week. Any advice would be great. Thanks xx

• Advertisement

Thanks for the recipe for chicken chow mein ladylainy!! I am definately going to try that it sounds lovely :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement