Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Hi all :D

WI tonight, down 1.5 lbs so happy enough now, was out bthe last two nights so will have to be very good for the rest of the week :)

Went back to college yesterday and felt amazing, everybody was like wtf were you doing??! Felt famous or something :) now all i have to do is get to goal and i will be happy!!:)

Muirgheal enjoy your night!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 allsortsembroid

Hello all , have my WI tomorrow so fingers crossed, was very good all week so hope I have lost as have stayed the same past 4 weeks!

Any advice any one, I dicovered the WW treats Dunnes stock and well now every day i am eating a bar or a lemon slice , i think im eating more points than ever! Im not going above my points but am eating a treat every day (ww cake , lemon slice, ww bar)

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

fendigal wrote: »
    Lady lainy just a littel suggestion for a substitute for butter/mayo on sandwiches i put a triangle of laughin cow light instead and it tastes great you can even toast the sambo and the cheese melts just like normal cheese its great and so low at half a point.

Thanks for the tip about using cheese! worked a treat :D Going to make a toasted sandwich in the morning in george forman. i like cold toasties too. so ham cheese and tomatoe toastie for lunch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip about using cheese! worked a treat :D Going to make a toasted sandwich in the morning in george forman. i like cold toasties too. so ham cheese and tomatoe toastie for lunch :D

Lady Lainy you were looking for a nice lunch to take to college with you, Here is one alright, mind you I will admit I have very strange tastes so could be odd to othere people!!

75g pasta(dry)
    half a tin of chopped tomatoes( maybe a lil less I usually guess it as I am cooking)
    tin of chilli beans(red kidney beans in a chilli con caren kind sauce.
    Veg.. I usually use a lil peppers, onions, really finely chopped carrots and some broccoli.

Literally cook the pasta and add everything in . It is delicious hot or cold and perfect for lunch. This would usually make two or three meals for me (with other stuff too) and altogether it workd out at 7.5 points for the whole recipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

hey everyone, new to this thing.

was just wondering about WW.

thinking about joining the class in swords and was wondering if there are ones for just men?? been reading many posts but cant seemed to find out if men classes are on, or even what the class itself involves??

i'm 6 ft and just under 14 and a half st and trying to shed 2 stone by xmas.. fairly active young fellow so should have no excuses, just find the motivation (and to have quiet weekends!!!!!!) hard.

any responses would be great.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

messi1985 wrote: »

thinking about joining the class in swords and was wondering if there are ones for just men?? been reading many posts but cant seemed to find out if men classes are on, or even what the class itself involves??

i'm 6 ft and just under 14 and a half st and trying to shed 2 stone by xmas.. fairly active young fellow so should have no excuses, just find the motivation (and to have quiet weekends!!!!!!) hard.

cheers

Go onto the ww website an click on the drop down for mens classes only in dublin an they will all come up for ye... goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

messi1985 wrote: »

cheers

Hey, I go to the meetings in Swords on a Tuesday, but their Thursday class at 7 is men only. I got weighed in last Thurs at the 4.40pm class, which had a good mix of men and women. The leader in Thursday's is a man, I think he's called Michael? And it's on in the WW HQ opposite the old Woodies! I joined 4 weeks ago, and have lost 10 lbs so far...I would defo recommend it. The motivation of going to the meetings and seeing how quickly the pounds have come off has been brilliant! Also, as most people in my meetings would agree, It is surprising how much you can eat and still lose weight! I would definitely recommend it! Hope this helps! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Question- does anyone else find that alcohol hits like a train when you're losing weight?

I was out last night, and after four pints I was plastered! I used to have a much higher threshold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Muirgheal wrote: »
    Question- does anyone else find that alcohol hits like a train when you're losing weight?

I was out last night, and after four pints I was plastered! I used to have a much higher threshold.

ohh yeah BIG TIME, last week I went out I hadn't drank in awhile because of the diet, I had 2 bottles of Kopperberg and I was starting to feel tipsy already and before I would easily have 4 or 5 and feel nothing.. ha :P

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Hey everyone, can someone tell me which is the best bread to get for WW, ive been using white for sambos and what not but i think brown or something similar might be better?! Any advice please..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Eemia wrote: »
    Hey everyone, can someone tell me which is the best bread to get for WW, ive been using white for sambos and what not but i think brown or something similar might be better?! Any advice please..

I tend to go for brown/wholegrain/multigrain where possible. Points wise it's usually the same for the brands I eat, I just prefer the idea of the fiber, Vitamin B6, zinc, etc. that you can get from brown bread. I'd even accept higher points if I felt that what I was getting would have more nutrients because I'll feel better after it. Just my 2cents..

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

I tend to go for brown/wholegrain/multigrain where possible. Points wise it's usually the same for the brands I eat, I just prefer the idea of the fiber, Vitamin B6, zinc, etc. that you can get from brown bread. I'd even accept higher points if I felt that what I was getting would have more nutrients because I'll feel better after it. Just my 2cents..

Ditto- wholemeal is so much better for you.

When I buy bread- normally I make my own brown bread- I get McCambridges which is 1.5 per slice.

I love the Dunnes simply better bread, only a half point and its nicer than the WW even though there the same points :)

put a pound on this week, I'm not bothered, kept to my points this week but did feck all exercis until I joined my gym in college on Tuesday... happy it wasn't more than a pound :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ONE DIP

Hi , know i should be happy with a loss but was just down a pound tonight but really really thought it would be at least 2 0r 3 at least, was out jogging 3 times , plenty of water, eat very well ,so what does a guy have to do !!!!! any way a loss is a loss but just a bit unhappy with it,,

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Morning Guys

Went to Wi last nite and was up 3lbs WTF?????
    Think it was from my holidays so need to try very hard this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

was up .5lb last nite,we got weighed upstairs in different room with carpet on it cas usual room was in use,think this might be it or t.o.m. cas i had similar points to last week and i was down2.5lbs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I love the Dunnes simply better bread, only a half point and its nicer than the WW even though there the same points :)

put a pound on this week, I'm not bothered, kept to my points this week but did feck all exercis until I joined my gym in college on Tuesday... happy it wasn't more than a pound :)
    nimble from lidl is nicer than ww too,its thicker and only .5point per slice,our leader doesn`t push ww meals or food much at all,she likes their yogurts and desserts but encourages to have the same food as the rest of family!

Hey everyone thanks for the replies about the bread.

Was up 3.5lbs this week :eek:, i cannot understand how, was exercising a lot sometimes twice a day. AF is due so could be water retention, oh well onwards and downwards. Am 10.01, my ww goal is 10.03 but i want to loose a tiny bit more :)

This website might be of use for some http://www.ukladyluck.onthefirm.co.uk/

Also do ye use up yer exercise points or save them or not use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shelly_g

I use Johnston Mooney and O'Brien's

Goodness of both

1 point per slice and its a proper slice of bread ...

Lovely toasted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

shelly_g wrote: »
    I use Johnston Mooney and O'Brien's

Goodness of both

1 point per slice and its a proper slice of bread ...

Lovely toasted ;)

2 slices ar 2.5, just be carefull with things you are having more than one of! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

I totally agree with the idea of using the cheese triangles i use them all the time now instead of butter. When you use them for a toasted sandwich they go all creamy and gooey mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm roll on lunch time :p

Week 2 for me and 1lb down at weigh in yesterday :D

yep they are gorgeous on a toastie..they totally save my ass cos i loove cheese and butter for that matter its a good substitute!
    Well done on the 1lb loss..good luck for the wk ahead :)

hollyhock wrote: »
    nimble from lidl is nicer than ww too,its thicker and only .5point per slice,our leader doesn`t push ww meals or food much at all,she likes their yogurts and desserts but encourages to have the same food as the rest of family!

really? Nimble is only 1/2pt a slice? OH WOW! Thank you for that tip! affordable cost wise, affordable points wise! I <3<3<3 Nimble bread :D

Hey, what colour is the wrapper on that one? I was looking for it in Dunnes the other day but couldn't find it!

Hey, what colour is the wrapper on that one? I was looking for it in Dunnes the other day but couldn't find it!

its blue and kind of see through, it has the same packaging as the weight watchers bread. and it just says dunnes simply better on it.. its like €1.40 we go through 2 a day haha, have the family on it hah :P cant have brennans bread around because ill be too tempted :P

its blue and kind of see through, it has the same packaging as the weight watchers bread. and it just says dunnes simply better on it.. its like €1.40 we go through 2 a day haha, have the family on it hah :P cant have brennans bread around because ill be too tempted :P

Thanks, I must look for it when I'm in again! Are the slices small, like the ww ones?

Thanks, I must look for it when I'm in again! Are the slices small, like the ww ones?

yes but there thicker, and when its toasted it doesnt go rock hard like the ww one, god seriously you cud hit it off a wall and it wouldnt break, but yeahh the dunnes one is much tastier, well I think so in anyways :)

Went to Lidl and couldnt find that nimble bread whats it look like?

Also went to Dunnes and couldnt find that other bread either ended up getting granary dunnes simply better and its 3pts per 2slice :rolleyes:..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 moynihan58

Hi all,

This is my 3rd time doing WeightWatchers but this time it feels different. Before it was just something to try but I don't think my head was ever in the right place. Now I feel ready. It's like something clicked and I know it'll work.

I joined back exactly a year since the last time and it turns out I'm exactly the same weight as last time I started. I was pretty please with that as I was terrified I would be above the 17st mark and I'm just back from 2 weeks holiday in San Francisco where I most definitely wasn't

I'm female, 5'4 and I weigh 16st 10lbs. My clothes are size 18, which I find odd considering the weight. *shrug* I guess we all carry it differently. (a friend of mine is a stone lighter and 3 dress sizes bigger than me!) I want to get down to around 10 stone

So Wednesday was my first weigh in and I have lost 4 lbs. I was delighted as my period is due and I usually put on a few pounds around that time. I managed to resist the urge for junk food!

This week has been a little less disciplined. A friend came over last night and we had some wine and a take-away. I'm over my points allowance (a fair bit over, truth be told) but I have 3 days to try and get it down a bit. Previously when this happened I would just not go to the class and kid myself that I'll be really good the next week and go back then. This time, regardless of my points total, I'm going to class to face the music. We'll all have good and bad weeks and I've accepted that.

Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey!

well done just look a head keep goin 2 your meetings

up one pound this week, but i think its muscle, cos i started back at the gym again, i've been out of the gym for about a month, just been so busy with going back to college and meeting new people. like i feel smaller this week than last week if that makes sense, i feel less bloated and sluggish. So its a good pound i think LOL!

Here's to another week! Just boiling up a few eggs to have cold in the morning, i know its kinda gross but i dont have time to boil it fresh in the morning, so i just have it cold. Its a great little protein kick in the ass to get me going for the day!

I must start drinking more water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Happy Monday everyone! :rolleyes:

Haven't been tracking the last few days, but new week, new start!

Going to try pull back all the damage I've done in the last few days. I wldn't say I went over my points much, except for Saturday night. But haven't been exercising much either. Only got out once over the weekend. Was too hungover yesterday!

Just looking at my diary for the next few weeks and it's getting crazy. Have two dinner dance's next month plus a couple of birthdays and a friend wants to organise "Come Dine with me" too.
    I'm planning on having a WW friendly menu for my night ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement