Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

hey all!

I have been pretty bad! i havent been tracking or even caring, and i didnt go to my ww class / wi last week! but im doing good from now, i hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Eemia wrote: »
    Went to Lidl and couldnt find that nimble bread whats it look like?

Also went to Dunnes and couldnt find that other bread either ended up getting granary dunnes simply better and its 3pts per 2slice :rolleyes:..

I bought Johnson mooney and o'brien Handy wholemeal loaf today, it has 69kcal per slice and 0.2g of sat fat. Nice decent slice of bread for 1 pt. Definately worth the extra point when compared to ww bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Most breads have roughly the same kcal/points per 100g, stuff like WW can be sliced thinner and be a smaller rectangular shape -so really just a smaller portion.

I like ryvitas as they appear substantial and are very light, 3 of them is about the same calories/points as a single slice of mc cambridges brown bread. I also use iceberg lettuce leaves as wraps in place of bread, I would guess lettuce is zero points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

thanks guys , got the nimble bread in lidl yesterday. toasted it with beans and scrambled eggs for my tea. perfect. just back from my hols. weigh in tonight... it wont be great i think . i did try to be good but i am injured at the moment and physio has said no walking where possible. i rely on diet combined with exercise to loose my weight so i am feeling a bit despondent at the moment.. any suggestions would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

thanks guys , got the nimble bread in lidl yesterday. toasted it with beans and scrambled eggs for my tea. perfect. just back from my hols. weigh in tonight... it wont be great i think . i did try to be good but i am injured at the moment and physio has said no walking where possible. i rely on diet combined with exercise to loose my weight so i am feeling a bit despondent at the moment.. any suggestions would be great.

How about swimming,,its great exercise and burns the calories. Thats if you can swim..im only learnin myself at moment and i always feel soo tired after it.

• Advertisement

thanks for the reply fendigal
    unfortunately i am not a swimmer ! just back from my weigh in , up 1 lb. not too bad after a weeks hol and unable to exercise i suppose . physio tomorrro so hoping for a better report.

i had a ww sticky toffee pudding and it was AMAZING!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Hi all,

WI tonight was down three pounds, have been sick for last 2 days so not taking it as really down three pounds figure I better c how I get on this week! If I really am down three pounds that means I am down 6 stone and three pounds and have only 2.5 pounds to goal !!!!!!:D:D I feel a party in the near future !!!

ooh susita am so impressed. well done fantastic achievement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

:( ok had 2 seriously bad weeks!!!! missed my last 2 WI, was sick d first week, in and out of hospital wit my bf the second :( havn't bn trackin at all!!!! seriously need to get back into the swing of things!!!!!! afraid to weigh myself at this stage!!!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

WI yesterday- down two pounds.

Was saving points for the last week cause I knew that I was going out last night, but I would say that I ate -and drank!- a thousand points more than I saved.

My head hurts!

But have a week to pull it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Has anyone else had experience of getting ill while on Weight Watchers? Currently I have three nasty mouth ulcers and I regularly pick up other ailments that I would normally associate with a lacking diet. I'm eating fruit and vegetables, I usually have an Actimel, I'm usually keeping in or around my points on balance and I was on Berrocca for a bit because I thought that might pick me up. I'm just wondering if anybody else has noticed something similar or has any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

susita06 wrote: »
    Hi all,

WI tonight was down three pounds, have been sick for last 2 days so not taking it as really down three pounds figure I better c how I get on this week! If I really am down three pounds that means I am down 6 stone and three pounds and have only 2.5 pounds to goal !!!!!!:D:D I feel a party in the near future !!!

6 stone Susita- wow what an achievement!

Absolutely amazing- whether you are 2.5 pound to goal or somewhere in between there and 5.5 you are just a tiny step away from finishing an amazing journey. I'm sure it has transformed your life- delighted for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi all,

I rejoined WW last Thursday. I am starting at 16 stone 7lbs.

I have had success with WW before but went on to have 2 children so had to leave. I actually lost almost 3 stone on each of pregnancy but after each birth put all the weight back on and more!! Apart from falling pregnant again, this is the only solution that will work for me!!

I have a wedding dress I have my sights set on for next June and I will get into that dress...this is my main motivation to lose the weight!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

Hi all,

I rejoined WW last Thursday. I am starting at 16 stone 7lbs.

I have had success with WW before but went on to have 2 children so had to leave. I actually lost almost 3 stone on each of pregnancy but after each birth put all the weight back on and more!! Apart from falling pregnant again, this is the only solution that will work for me!!

I have a wedding dress I have my sights set on for next June and I will get into that dress...this is my main motivation to lose the weight!! :)

Well done on going back, print out a picture of the dress and leave it on the fridge so if u ever get the urge to splurge u will see the dress and remind urself why ur doing it... Gudluck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fluffykaz

Hey All, Was wondering if any of you have any tips or advice for success I need some motivation. I need to loose 2 stone for christmas have been eating well definately need to start tracking though think this is where i have been making the misakes! am down 3lbs since i started i want to loose 20lbs more for christmas so please any tips would be HUGELY appreciated..First time in my life my head is in the right place. I am 28 yrs old and 20 stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 libs

any one lose weight sucessfully on ww themselves without going to a class?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi all,
    Lost 3.5lbs tonight :) so delighted has I hadn't been that good this wk. That's my first stone gone now in 5 wks. So I'm back in the zone for nxt wk. Will start back posting my food diary again to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Fluffykaz, in our meeting tonight we all wrote down our goals for Christmas, put them in sealed enveloped and wrote our names on them. We will open them at our last
    Meeting before Christmas.
    The leader also suggested putting it on the fridge or somewhere where we will see it.
    Just make sure your goal is achievable. It's 11 wks to Christmas now, so my goal is to loose another stone and weigh under 15 stone. Even if I only loose 1lb most weeks, that goal is doable. There are alot of challenges to overcome in the coming weeks, and you have to be realistic and live your live at the same time.
    Best of luck tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Been all over the place last few weeks. but got the last bit of good news i've been holding my breath for today. So finally I can relax! and get back to working on me instead of worrying about everything around me and putting my body, my health to the back of my mind.

I've definitely found even with only 2 and half stone gone...which isn't even half way to my goal...the real me is coming out. I'm not hiding any more. My self worth definitely improving.

Been to the gym twice this week. so my head is finally back in the game. My cardio fitness is growing by the day. and have a personal trainer booked in for Saturday morning to work on a "student friendly workout regime"

I'm now doing 5.2km an hour on treadmill! I cant believe it :O Delighted! :D And first time in ages today i made my self drink my 3 litres of water....i'll be up all night peeing....till my body gets used to it again, but its gotta be done!

And the canteen finally opened in college....its a healthy eating canteen :D
    Salad bowls, soups, quiche, sandwiches :D Noodle and pasta salads, ceaser salads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I've definitely found even with only 2 and half stone gone...which isn't even half way to my goal...the real me is coming out. I'm not hiding any more. My self worth definitely improving.

Go girl! That's fantastic and it's such a great motivation to keep going too.

You'll soon get into a good food routine in college, especially now the canteen has opened. Will make it easier to bring in your own food too.

Keep up the good work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

I joined weight watchers this day last week and I'm going out the door to weigh in again in half an hour - I'm nervous that after all my effort this week I wont have lost, and that I'll give up again - yet again! I've been in WW so many times in 30 years I could give the classes myself, but I do think that the latest approach is the most informal and sensible that it's ever been. This is the first time I've ever been in a morning class and I think this might be the trick for me, we'll see. I was delighted to discover this thread as I don't really want to discuss weight loss yet again with friends who don't understand how difficult it is.

Anyway, here goes.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

Selandia wrote: »
    I joined weight watchers this day last week and I'm going out the door to weigh in again in half an hour - I'm nervous that after all my effort this week I wont have lost, and that I'll give up again - yet again! I've been in WW so many times in 30 years I could give the classes myself, but I do think that the latest approach is the most informal and sensible that it's ever been. This is the first time I've ever been in a morning class and I think this might be the trick for me, we'll see. I was delighted to discover this thread as I don't really want to discuss weight loss yet again with friends who don't understand how difficult it is.

Anyway, here goes.......

Good luck with your WI, i think 99% of us try it once or twice before really getting into it so i wouldnt be worried it just means this time you will try that little bit harder and make more changes than the last time :) keep us updated on how you got on. Suzanne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

well its my 2nd week back in college, last week I was all over the place trying to get things sorted so I lost nothing last week. Well this week I really worked hard, I was in the gym almost everyday.. I use to get myself weighed every thursday and then have my treat because I feel better doing it that way, so I have had to change my weigh in day to Saturday in order for me to enjoy myself and have a treat.. Last week I weighed myself on a thursday and now I wont be weighing myself until Saturday but I'm just curious to know if I lost weight or not.. only 3 pound till goal ahh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Well, I lost 1 and 1/2 lbs on my first week and I'm happy enough with that - maybe a teeny bit disappointed that it wasn't a little more. Mind you there was a girl there who lost 6 lbs last week on her first week and "only" 3 this week and declared herself very disappointed - she was soon put right by both the class leader and some exasperated members!

Having a cup of tea and a Kelkin choc rice cake as I write this - they're not bad.....:)

kildareash wrote: »
    Go girl! That's fantastic and it's such a great motivation to keep going too.

You'll soon get into a good food routine in college, especially now the canteen has opened. Will make it easier to bring in your own food too.

Keep up the good work :)

With so many bags and things hanging off me going to college. Eg. today i had a grooming kit, jacket, umbrella, back pack....and a dog! I had so many things to bring in i ended up forgetting my phone by accident. So knowing there are healthy food options in the canteen make life 100% easier. for the last two weeks i've been trying to pack in a lunch, trying to fit in time to make it in the morning, then fit it into the already bursting bags,

it takes so much pressure off knowing i can just walk into the canteen and have a huge selection of healthy foods.

I only need to get lunch about 3 of the 5 days. so feck it...lol i think i'm worth a whole 3.70 a day on lunch to get a fresh turkey salad wrap made up. I bring my own flask of hot water for soup or coffee! LOL....i made sure i had room in my bags for my coffee fix!

Breakfast at 8am, had a decent salad wrap at 1, got home at 4.45 had a boiled egg for a protein energy kick with my cup of coffee...and i dont feel hungery at all and i'll be having dinner at 7. :D

Told my self I can be good...and i was good. I've kinda stopped this...."I HAVE TO BE GOOD" thing. College life....its going to be impossible to point things 100% so i'm just going to eat as healthy as I can the days im in college. and point the rest of the week.

I kinda know my college days...and hungry days now...I know the days where I NEED food, and shorter days I can hold off till I get home to eat.

lost one pound this week, so 11 lost altogether! finding its getting much harder!

Just wondering if anyone is using Slimline milk? is it ok? does it actually taste like milk? I'm using alot of milk lately...so its burning up points. I use Light Milk, so its not TOO bad....but would like to save my points to use on protein in meals than in my milk for coffee...but some ppl have said slim line is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Found the nimble bread today thanks OP :D

Down the 3.5lbs that i gained last week so i delighted with that. Was being SO good and exercised too.
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone is using Slimline milk? is it ok? does it actually taste like milk? I'm using alot of milk lately...so its burning up points. I use Light Milk, so its not TOO bad....but would like to save my points to use on protein in meals than in my milk for coffee...but some ppl have said slim line is horrible.

I use it now with a yr nearly, and tbh if someone now put full fat milk in my tea i can't drink it, think its rotten. Takes getting use to but you do get used to it. And handy that you can have 284ml i think for 1pt? Does brekkie and few cups of tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Fluffykaz wrote: »
    Hey All, Was wondering if any of you have any tips or advice for success I need some motivation. I need to loose 2 stone for christmas have been eating well definately need to start tracking though think this is where i have been making the misakes! am down 3lbs since i started i want to loose 20lbs more for christmas so please any tips would be HUGELY appreciated..First time in my life my head is in the right place. I am 28 yrs old and 20 stone.

Hi!!

You know in the ww book thing there is chart that you can map out your weight loss? If you make your own one (takes only a few minutes) starting form this week and moving up towards christmas and hang it somewhere you can see it it really keeps you focused. I done this last year and found that if I set mini goals for myself like for example week four if I am on target I get to spend 50 euro on something nice just for me as a treat it kept me going!

Water is a huge thing for me. If I have a relatively good week but dont drink enough water I dont have as much of a loss! Keep yourself busy Boredom =eating(for me anyway) try out some new recipes and foods , things like sugarfree jelly, onken fat free yogurt, rice cakes, cereal bars, burger bites, zero point soup are all absolute life savers for me !

When I had lost two stone I saw an amazing dress in Pamela Scott that I couldn't stop thinking about. It was purple and one shouldered but as in most shops it was waaaaaaaaay too small... I think I was a size 16-18 after the two stone gone. My usual attire at that stage for nights out at that stage was black pants and a top... very basic and reflected my own lack of confidence! skirts and dresses were a no-no for me ! I bought it anyway and every few weeks I would look at it and think of the day I would wear it and feel great! Now with the 6st gone it fits well but is a little too big:D

Find your "one day" outfit and splurge!

Hope this helps even a little bit!

P.S well done on the three pounds so far its a great achievement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Morning fellow WW's

Went to WI last nite and was down 1.5lb was delighted with that so im setting myself little goals now, I have 7lbs to go till im into the new stone so going to aim for that for xmas.

I am finding it really difficult to lose weight at the moment but im still slugging away at it so fingers crossed I can lose 7lbs by xmas - id be chuffed with that.
    There was a girls in the WW class last nite that had lost 2 stone 2lb in 10 weeks - I was really jealous but hey I just have to keep doing what im doing and hopefully ill be in the 10 stone range by xmas!!!

Have a great weekend everybody and keep up the great work!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement