Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

susita06 wrote: »
    Hi!!

You know in the ww book thing there is chart that you can map out your weight loss? If you make your own one (takes only a few minutes) starting form this week and moving up towards christmas and hang it somewhere you can see it it really keeps you focused. I done this last year and found that if I set mini goals for myself like for example week four if I am on target I get to spend 50 euro on something nice just for me as a treat it kept me going!

Water is a huge thing for me. If I have a relatively good week but dont drink enough water I dont have as much of a loss! Keep yourself busy Boredom =eating(for me anyway) try out some new recipes and foods , things like sugarfree jelly, onken fat free yogurt, rice cakes, cereal bars, burger bites, zero point soup are all absolute life savers for me !

When I had lost two stone I saw an amazing dress in Pamela Scott that I couldn't stop thinking about. It was purple and one shouldered but as in most shops it was waaaaaaaaay too small... I think I was a size 16-18 after the two stone gone. My usual attire at that stage for nights out at that stage was black pants and a top... very basic and reflected my own lack of confidence! skirts and dresses were a no-no for me ! I bought it anyway and every few weeks I would look at it and think of the day I would wear it and feel great! Now with the 6st gone it fits well but is a little too big:D

Find your "one day" outfit and splurge!

Hope this helps even a little bit!

P.S well done on the three pounds so far its a great achievement!
    love this story,well done susita06:)even though im still 16/18,a dress makes you feel much better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi, I went to my WI last night and had lost 4.5lb. I know I shouldn't have been but i was a little disappointed. I tracked every crumb that passed my lips and went walking and joined salsa slim. Maybe the salsa class hadn't kicked in yet - it was only on on Tuesday. But as the class went on i realised that was fantastic and i need to not be so hard on myself! I'm going to keep doing what i was doing and hopefully will have another great week next Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

I find it hard to understand why people get annoyed or dissapointed when they lose like 4 or 5 pounds in one week. First of all thats way too much to lose in one week so your obviously doing something wrong unless its your first week on the diet then thats understandable.. its loads id be happy with 2 pound I'm never dissapointed, a loss is a loss. you should be proud of yourself losing that much, but if it continues to be 4 pound down every week id be cautious because maybe your not eating enough because 3500 calories is 1 pound so you burnt a lot this week or just didn't eat enough this week

:)

Garden-Gurl, how much were you hoping to lose last night ??

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone is using Slimline milk? is it ok? does it actually taste like milk? I'm using alot of milk lately...so its burning up points. I use Light Milk, so its not TOO bad....but would like to save my points to use on protein in meals than in my milk for coffee...but some ppl have said slim line is horrible.

Hey, I only drink slimline milk and have done for years. If you are used to full fat/semi skimmed milk, it is a lot lighter but soo much nicer. If someone gives me tea with full/semi skimmed milk in it, i can't drink it, cos it is is really creamy and I don't like that. It is about getting used to it. I suppose it's like anything in WW...like switching from the regular to diet Coke/7up! I suppose the only thing people say to me is that Slimline is like drinking water, but I disagree. And as someone else pointed out, it's worth it for the points you'll save!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

It was my first week back so that's why I expected more. My sister goes with me and she had 2 chinese's and didn't do an ounce of exercise and lost 5 lb so that's why I was disapppointed. I really worked my ass off last week and its disheartening to see others do nothing and still do better than you.

This is not my first time doing WW and both times I've done it before I lost 8lb & 6lb my first weeks so that's why I also thought I'd be up higher than 4.5 lbs.

As I said already I have now realised that this is incredible weight loss in one week but it still stung last night when I got on the scales!

I came onto this forum for support also, not to be attacked for voicing my opinion and feelings - I can't help that this is how I felt last night after all the hard work I put in the last week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Hi!!

You know in the ww book thing there is chart that you can map out your weight loss? If you make your own one (takes only a few minutes) starting form this week and moving up towards christmas and hang it somewhere you can see it it really keeps you focused. I done this last year and found that if I set mini goals for myself like for example week four if I am on target I get to spend 50 euro on something nice just for me as a treat it kept me going!

Water is a huge thing for me. If I have a relatively good week but dont drink enough water I dont have as much of a loss! Keep yourself busy Boredom =eating(for me anyway) try out some new recipes and foods , things like sugarfree jelly, onken fat free yogurt, rice cakes, cereal bars, burger bites, zero point soup are all absolute life savers for me !

When I had lost two stone I saw an amazing dress in Pamela Scott that I couldn't stop thinking about. It was purple and one shouldered but as in most shops it was waaaaaaaaay too small... I think I was a size 16-18 after the two stone gone. My usual attire at that stage for nights out at that stage was black pants and a top... very basic and reflected my own lack of confidence! skirts and dresses were a no-no for me ! I bought it anyway and every few weeks I would look at it and think of the day I would wear it and feel great! Now with the 6st gone it fits well but is a little too big:D

Find your "one day" outfit and splurge!

Hope this helps even a little bit!

P.S well done on the three pounds so far its a great achievement!

LOL i have a pair of jeans in my closet, I call them my "Some day" jeans :D couldnt get them up past my knees last christmas, now they are up and closed but tight, but hey....my some day is getting closer! Must get back to my weight training and toning next week, i feel flabby even tho i havent gained anything.

1st day of the month, 1st day of a fresh start :D

I came onto this forum for support also, not to be attacked for voicing my opinion and feelings - I can't help that this is how I felt last night after all the hard work I put in the last week!!

okay thats a bit extreme, I havent attacked you what I'm trying to say is that you should be proud that you lost that much this week but since you explained the whole story, I can relate. Like putting so much effort in and someone else losing more even though they do feck all but sure next week that could really effect her and you will continue to lose more

sorry if you thought I was attacking its just if I heard that I lost 4.5 Id be thrilled but I understand where your coming from

okay in my skinny mocha....i can taste zero difference between semi-skimmed milk and slimline :D

WOOOOO! :D DELIGHTED! that'll save me 2 or 3 points a day easily I can put to better foods, especially in these cold evenings where i know i'll be knocking back the coffee to stay warm while working on computer :D

200ml slimline = 1.5pt :D EXCELLENT!

got weighed tonight, down 2 woo

only 1 more pound to goal but I might change it to 9 stone 7

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

alpha2010 wrote: »
    got weighed tonight, down 2 woo

only 1 more pound to goal but I might change it to 9 stone 7

Well done alpha!!!! :D

Don't move the goalposts just yet- make sure you properly enjoy the huge achievement you have made before you decide to go further!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all,

Its been nearly a year since i last posted and what a year its been, both personally and with my weight :P

I first joined in august 2008 and up until end of july 2009, I had successfully lost 4 stone!! Which was absolutely fantastic, I felt i had never been so more in the zone than I had been over that year, losing the weight felt fantastic, I went from 15st 0.5lb to 10st 13lb. I felt amazing to say the least!

I went on my first 'slim' holiday and gained 7lbs in ONE week!! :( after that things were up and down the whole time, my relationship ended and I had found out I would be heading to London in the new year for my university placement. With that in mind i tried to keep the wieght under control, but never really got back to where I had been. Before I left for London i was 12st 3lb.

While over there I tried numerous diets but always ended up back with WW and I do truely believe its the best way to go. I arrived home around 5 weeks ago and I currently weigh 13st 5lb. Not completely back where I began, but I have gained much of what I had lost.

Im back in weight watchers and really am hoping to have a decent lost coming up to Christmas. Like most people life changes certainly effect routine and eating habits. I am just hoping I can be strong like I was in the beginning and finish my journey at goal!

Sorry for the long post, I guess I just needed to see it for myself!

Hope all of you are doing well on your journeys

Keep up the good work!

Shell x

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

didn`t go to wi thurs nite,was on a great roll,now its gone of me again!!!
    any tips to get back on track??:eek:

Down 1.2lbs this week :D WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DEEEEELIGHTED!

I'M FINALLY BACK!

Had a full week of college, got to the gym 3 times! :D

Quite proud of my self tbh!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 EJKING

hey hollyhock.. i just started back at WW 2 wks ago.. this is my 3rd time joining up but i never really stuck at it.. but this time i'm hoping will be different!! was down 2lbs last week so well happy with that..

my tip to help motivate would definitely have to be that Xmas is coming... fast! Leader said last week in meeting that there are only 10 wks of WI til Xmas.. wouldn't it be soooo good to have lost some weight for the party season :D that's keeping me going right now!!! Good luck with it!!!

Lady Lainey, you sound well motivated.. could do with hitting the gym myself. have been a member for 9 months and could count on one hand the number of times i have been. find it sooooo hard to do the gym :rolleyes:

hollyhock wrote: »
    didn`t go to wi thurs nite,was on a great roll,now its gone of me again!!!
    any tips to get back on track??:eek:

I feel the pain there- this week has been a nightmare that I promise myself ends with this morning's hangover.:(

At weigh in 4 weeks ago I had gained half a pound because of my period. Was really pissed off. So this week the little voice in my head was telling me "you are going to gain anyway, so you might as well eat the truffle... the burger... the chips... drink 8 pints....etc. etc. etc." :mad::mad::mad:

The only thing I can say in my defense is that I have tracked every little thing. It makes for depressing reading- (and there is a big green post-it stuck to each day of my tracker for all the extra!)

Have been good as gold today. This morning I sooooooooooooo wanted a dirty big rasher sandwich- but I was able to ignore the little voice. :)

I think if I hadn't tracked for the last four days I would still be giving in to temptation- so my tracker has saved me today.

I am going to weigh in on Tues. I hate the thought of gaining again. And I know it'll be so much worse this time! <sigh> It's my own stupid fault.

I'M FINALLY BACK!

Well done Lainy! That has got to be a great feeling!

Hi all,

Its been nearly a year since i last posted and what a year its been, both personally and with my weight :P

Welcome back Shellybelly- good luck!

EJKING wrote: »
    hey hollyhock.. i just started back at WW 2 wks ago.. this is my 3rd time joining up but i never really stuck at it.. but this time i'm hoping will be different!! was down 2lbs last week so well happy with that..

my tip to help motivate would definitely have to be that Xmas is coming... fast! Leader said last week in meeting that there are only 10 wks of WI til Xmas.. wouldn't it be soooo good to have lost some weight for the party season :D that's keeping me going right now!!! Good luck with it!!!

Lady Lainey, you sound well motivated.. could do with hitting the gym myself. have been a member for 9 months and could count on one hand the number of times i have been. find it sooooo hard to do the gym :rolleyes:

I think I'm finally back in the zone! that and forking out a small fortune for a treadmill for the house. so its starting at me....i have no excuse but my self to not excercise. When i say the gym...i generally means our so called home gym. Treadmill and weights and stuff.

Slightly off topic....but oh my god its so unfare that exercise equipment for heavier people is so much more expensive cos it has to take a higher capacity! This treadmill was 500.00 freaking euro! and that was the cheapest I could find that would take my weight! Thank god my mum went halves on it with me. So its financial guilt now thats getting my ass moving.

Kelly Osbourne once said when she was training for Dancing withing the stars.
    "I hate the gym, but I love what it does to my body"

I agree so much! That's exactly how I feel about it.

Plus the days I go to "the gym" are the days i get like an extra 6 points to use! i do use all my exercise points. I stopped losing weight...and actually started gaining....when I was saving them! My just body needs the extra energy the days I work out to recover and burn fat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wexchick

Well its monday again n i av to start all over again! haven't been to ww in 3 weeks! thankfully i have not gained any weight, i'm still the same!! finding it so hard to keep myself motivated and stay on the wagon!!! work and home life have been crazy the last few weeks!!! :( from today i'm going to stop worrying about everyone else and start looking aftermyself!!!! WW here i come!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

After my lovely long post back into things on saturday.. the weekend was a bit hectic.. So here I am on monday and doing well.. Concentrating on water and exercise this week and not get too bogged down with the food!!

Its started to rain.. but im determined to get a cycle in this evenin!!

Wexchick.. i have been the very same!! Hope you week remains positive like im hoping mine will :)

Hope all had a better weekend den myself :P

• Advertisement

wexchick wrote: »
    Well its monday again n i av to start all over again! haven't been to ww in 3 weeks! thankfully i have not gained any weight, i'm still the same!! finding it so hard to keep myself motivated and stay on the wagon!!! work and home life have been crazy the last few weeks!!! :( from today i'm going to stop worrying about everyone else and start looking aftermyself!!!! WW here i come!!!!! :D

My thoughts exactly! Time to look after me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

I fell off the wagon slightly for a bit there & didn't go to WW for three weeks because I didn't want to know.

Went back last week and I'd gained half a pound, which is the same as staying the same in my book so that's nice at least. I had gotten back on track the last few days before the meeting, though.

So now I'm doing well again, been to the gym and eating well etc. Looking forward to a loss this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I'M FINALLY BACK!

Well done you! That's brilliant.
    It takes a while to settle in to a new routine and find your feet.

best of luck with college

-A-

AmeliaPond wrote: »
    I fell off the wagon slightly for a bit there & didn't go to WW for three weeks because I didn't want to know.

Went back last week and I'd gained half a pound, which is the same as staying the same in my book so that's nice at least. I had gotten back on track the last few days before the meeting, though.

So now I'm doing well again, been to the gym and eating well etc. Looking forward to a loss this week :)

I think it must be the time of year or something. Alot of us seem to have strayed from the path for a little while but like a homing beacon we all seem to have found our way back this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Hi all!!

WI tonight and was down a half a pound and had a few treats afterwards :D

The big PUSH is on now , two pounds to go!! hoping for next tuesday fingers crossed :)

Hi all!!

WI tonight and was down a half a pound and had a few treats afterwards :D

The big PUSH is on now , two pounds to go!! hoping for next tuesday fingers crossed :)

That's so exciting for you. Best of luck for the week ahead...you can do it!
    I think it must be the time of year or something.
    Do you think could it have something to do with change in weather or summer ending or something.
    I joined in late August and I was the only newbie that night, but the following week there was loads of people signing up. But equally there are a few people in the class that seem to have plateaued (sp).

Do many of ye wait for the classes?
    I'm really finding the benefits of the class...loads of little food and motivational tips.
    Dragged a friend along recently, as she had joined but didn't wldnt stay for the meeting. She really found it useful too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

I know it smacks of excuses but the change in the seasons has really hit me hard. Every season comes with its own set of challenges - winter is christmas food & january depression, spring (for me) is a very busy time of year, summer you're holidaying and entertaining and bbqing, and fall the days get shorter & you crave comfort food.

I find the change in the seasons before you get into a routine to be the toughest thing - I think it's why I tend to fall off the wagon at those times more than any others.

I hate having less sunshine, but I'm trying to focus on the positives - when it is sunny the air is crisp and opens up my sinuses and it's the perfect kind of weather for low calorie soups and chilis. I just have a delayed onset of seeing the positives... the first couple of weeks is me going "goddamnit!"

I don't think they're excuses. I think it's very true.

I just think it's funny, that the reasons you give for falling off the wagon are the same times that you will see masses of people joining weight watchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

Does anyone have tips for some more 0 point or 1/2 point snacks. I have found these to be a lifesaver so far.
    My own 0 point snack at the moment is an adapted version of Trish Desines garlic courgettes. You boil the courgettes whole with 10 cloves of unpeeled garlic. After about 10 to 15 mins take them out and split the courgettes in two length ways, then cut them into about 6cm pieces. Place them on a dish. Peel the cooked garlic and put it in a bowl with lemon juice and thyme. Mash the garlic until it is all combined and then spread over the courgettes. These are now ready to eat. They are yummy and no points!
    Another thing I love are aldi's gingernut biscuits. They are only 1/2 a point each and under 40c a packet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

dextero wrote: »
    Does anyone have tips for some more 0 point or 1/2 point snacks. I have found these to be a lifesaver so far.
    My own 0 point snack at the moment is an adapted version of Trish Desines garlic courgettes. You boil the courgettes whole with 10 cloves of unpeeled garlic. After about 10 to 15 mins take them out and split the courgettes in two length ways, then cut them into about 6cm pieces. Place them on a dish. Peel the cooked garlic and put it in a bowl with lemon juice and thyme. Mash the garlic until it is all combined and then spread over the courgettes. These are now ready to eat. They are yummy and no points!
    Another thing I love are aldi's gingernut biscuits. They are only 1/2 a point each and under 40c a packet.

This is the exact reason why I love this thread!!!!!
    And WW , no matter how much you think you know about it and cooking etc there is always a tip/recipe or just a lil bit of encouragement from other people!!! That recipe sounds amazing and I am definately going to give it a go soon :) Thanking you.... I cant think of anything at this moment but will get back to you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement