Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Muirgheal wrote: »
    I feel the pain there- this week has been a nightmare that I promise myself ends with this morning's hangover.:(

At weigh in 4 weeks ago I had gained half a pound because of my period. Was really pissed off. So this week the little voice in my head was telling me "you are going to gain anyway, so you might as well eat the truffle... the burger... the chips... drink 8 pints....etc. etc. etc." :mad::mad::mad:

The only thing I can say in my defense is that I have tracked every little thing. It makes for depressing reading- (and there is a big green post-it stuck to each day of my tracker for all the extra!)

Have been good as gold today. This morning I sooooooooooooo wanted a dirty big rasher sandwich- but I was able to ignore the little voice. :)

I think if I hadn't tracked for the last four days I would still be giving in to temptation- so my tracker has saved me today.

I am going to weigh in on Tues. I hate the thought of gaining again. And I know it'll be so much worse this time! <sigh> It's my own stupid fault.
    same as!!i gained .5lb and that f****d me up! i know its silly but it does! how did u get on on tues?
    thanks EJKING for ur thoughts,hope ur doin well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

OMG- wi yesterday- I lost 1lb! :eek:

I will never know how that happened 'cause I went so over points- that'll teach me to ever second guess what the scales are going to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Just did a huge massive ww friendly grocery shop for my self this eveneing :D happy camper now. Lots of healthy snacks for lunch in college, soups, coffee, cereal bars, ww bagels and pitta breads, and lots of extra light laughing cow :D

Tesco: Light Choices: Raisin & Apple Fruit bar...1.5 points per bar!
    and they are so dense and packed with fruit.
    So tasty! Perfect snack for on the go!
    Or just that little bit of sweetness after lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi everyone,

Wasn't at WI last week, so was delighted to have a 3lbs loss this week. I hit the big milestone I had in my head - seven stone. I have lost exactly seven stone now, only 1 stone 13lbs until my BMI is "healthy".

Can't believe I've gotten this far since January.... the last stretch is always the hardest (or so they say).

Hi everyone,

Wasn't at WI last week, so was delighted to have a 3lbs loss this week. I hit the big milestone I had in my head - seven stone. I have lost exactly seven stone now, only 1 stone 13lbs until my BMI is "healthy".

Can't believe I've gotten this far since January.... the last stretch is always the hardest (or so they say).

omg whats your secret? 7stone since january just gone? thats crazy amazing....i'm giving my self TWO years to lose 9stone! and even at that i'm WAAAAAAY behind cos of the platue i hit for like 5 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

dextero wrote: »
    Does anyone have tips for some more 0 point or 1/2 point snacks. I have found these to be a lifesaver so far.

if anyone shops in aldi sells mini pancakes in their backery section. not the 8 pk, but the smaller ones. each pancake is 1/2 a point. they are brilliant to have with morning coffee or somthing light.

iv been back on weight wathcers since june. i joined about 3 years ago, lost 2 stone and was delighted. however, in the last year iv been really ill and eventhough i lost loads of weight, it piled back on. the bad thing is now Iv hit a wall, every week since june I lose a few lbs, put on a few, and it goes up and down. I think the most I have lost over the summer is 5lb all together.
    has anyone got any suggestions how to get past this and get losing more? Im going by the book on everything, only thing I dont do is exercise, but my leaders told me its not essential.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 EJKING

Hey guys.. had WI last night. Was down 1lb.. bit miffed about that.. had done more exercise this week than last week but i guess at least it's going in the right direction ;)

Nearly everyone else at the meeting bought some of those WW Rich toffee bars at 1.5 points each... i figured i must be missing out on something so i bought a box. Very bad idea. Have just finished Bar No. 3 and the fact that i know there's one left.. well i'm not going to be able to leave it there.

Note to self... never bring chocolate into the house again.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AmeliaPond

I weighed in yesterday and I was down 2.5 lbs :) Delighted with that!

I'd like to catch up on the four weeks that I didn't lose anything if I can so I'm going to work extra hard from here 'til Christmas.

fatewatchers: 7 stone gone since January is fantastic! Congratulations! What kind of exercise have you been doing, what kinds of things have you been eating? What is the biggest change you've made?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi everyone,

Wow fatewatchers, congratulations. Have to say I'm green with envy! You may tell us all your secrets for success.

Well done this week ladies, loads of minuses! Delighted for all of ye.

I STS this week. Think it was the kick in the bum I needed to get strict with myself.

What I'm starting this week is a more detailed food diary. Track my points and excercise, but also going to start tracking my "mood" and "feelings" in the day. Stressers that make me want to turn to food.

Things like the cold rubbish weather making me want coffee and biscuits, Long exhausting dog grooming class in college and only 30 min break till next class making me want to get a big slice of pizza to go at the canteen.

I think my biggest weak spot in the day is when i get in the door from college, especially when i've had a Long day, Some days I finish at 5pm and its like 6.15 when i get home and omg i would be STARVING!

It might make me think about why I'm eating and not just what I'm eating.

here's hoping :)

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Well done Fatewatchers- that is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

Hi everyone,

That is amazing progress! You have inspired me. I have only begun my journey and had 7 stone to loose also. I cannot believe you have achieved so much since January. Amazing! and Well done!

up one! i just don`t know what to do,im mad at ME,i was goin good,now im ip 1.5 in three weeks!!! im p**d off,**************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

that is brill,how did u do it? im down about 5lbs since jan!! good stuff,keep it up;)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

OMG Fatewatchers, that is amazing!!!! you are an inspiration to everyone fair play :D

Hollyhock, just keep at it perhaps you just need to shake things up a bit! I had a few weeks during the summer that I just couldn't seem to lose anything (I think it took me three weeks to lose a half pound) and then I got so disheartened I done the dog for a few weeks and put up 4 pounds...... totally not worth it! maybe try change your breakfast or dinner... I started having scrambled eggs on toast with philadelphia(3 points) a few times a week and started to eat more yogurt and light snacks instead of bigger dinners and it got me back on track! Just think there is like eleven weeks until christmas and if you put your mind to it and lost one pound a week you could have the bones of a stone gone by then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

up 1 this week, I kind of expected it because I have been not eating all day because of so many lectures and when I come home id be eating all my points at once well thats my only explanation

but ill just bring a packed lunch with me this week and just eat during lectures if I have to

btw I have noticed a lot of muscle appearing on my thighs, am I focussing too much on my legs ? because I mainly jog even when I'm in the gym I just go on the threadmill and the bikes.. like I feel like my legs look bigger but my jeans aren't tighter. been Happy with my weight for months now but Im 7 pound away from healthy BMI but my stomach has so much fat still there, I dont think ill ever get rid :(

susita06 wrote: »
    OMG Fatewatchers, that is amazing!!!! you are an inspiration to everyone fair play :D

Hollyhock, just keep at it perhaps you just need to shake things up a bit! I had a few weeks during the summer that I just couldn't seem to lose anything (I think it took me three weeks to lose a half pound) and then I got so disheartened I done the dog for a few weeks and put up 4 pounds...... totally not worth it! maybe try change your breakfast or dinner... I started having scrambled eggs on toast with philadelphia(3 points) a few times a week and started to eat more yogurt and light snacks instead of bigger dinners and it got me back on track! Just think there is like eleven weeks until christmas and if you put your mind to it and lost one pound a week you could have the bones of a stone gone by then!!

I agree! I switched to four slightly smaller meals + snacks rather than having 3 set big meals and it seems to be working. I'm aiming for 1.5lbs a week. If i can stick to that between now and christmas i will be over the moon!

Knorr Snacksoup Tomato & Mozzarella are only 1.5 pts. Really warm and filling for the winter! Perfect snack! I always have a few sachets thrown in my bag in college. They come in lots of different flavours, I imagine they would all be in and around the same points.

alpha2010 wrote: »
    up 1 this week, I kind of expected it because I have been not eating all day because of so many lectures and when I come home id be eating all my points at once well thats my only explanation

but ill just bring a packed lunch with me this week and just eat during lectures if I have to

btw I have noticed a lot of muscle appearing on my thighs, am I focussing too much on my legs ? because I mainly jog even when I'm in the gym I just go on the threadmill and the bikes.. like I feel like my legs look bigger but my jeans aren't tighter. been Happy with my weight for months now but Im 7 pound away from healthy BMI but my stomach has so much fat still there, I dont think ill ever get rid :(

Same thing has been happening to me! Not having time to eat properly all day in college then binge eating all at once.

I've started a unintentional liquid diet now in college which seems to be working. Lots of soup, water and coffee on my breaks, We have free hot water in the canteen, I bring my own coffee sachets and soup sachets, so takes about 2 mins to make my lunch and fills me up.

1/2 hr break, usually get in, 2 cups of skinny mocha (2 x 1.5pt) , big mug of the above soup (1.5) , and bottle of water. And If I really need something solid I'll grab a ready made roast chicken salad. It seems to be working...saving me money too :) Spar are running our canteen, and its fantastic! So many healthy options! Life Savers!

When I get home from college I toast a ww bagel, smother it with a extra light laughing cow and throw a small can of ww spaghetti over it.
    (2+0.5+1.5 =4 pts)

I'm on a daily of 27 pts, plus the days i work out i have an extra 5.5pts

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Same thing has been happening to me! Not having time to eat properly all day in college then binge eating all at once.

I've started a unintentional liquid diet now in college which seems to be working. Lots of soup, water and coffee on my breaks, We have free hot water in the canteen, I bring my own coffee sachets and soup sachets, so takes about 2 mins to make my lunch and fills me up.

1/2 hr break, usually get in, 2 cups of skinny mocha (2 x 1.5pt) , big mug of the above soup (1.5) , and bottle of water. And If I really need something solid I'll grab a ready made roast chicken salad. It seems to be working...saving me money too :) Spar are running our canteen, and its fantastic! So many healthy options! Life Savers!

When I get home from college I toast a ww bagel, smother it with a extra light laughing cow and throw a small can of ww spaghetti over it.
    (2+0.5+1.5 =4 pts)

I'm on a daily of 27 pts, plus the days i work out i have an extra 5.5pts

I only have 19 points daily, I tried eating my exercise points but I always gain so I just don't bother with them

what would be the best food plan for me...

right now I have egg white on brown bread in the morning, then ill have an apple and banana and ham sandwhich (my bread is 0.5 a slice) throughout my day in college, that could be from 9 to 6 most days and about 1.5 litres of water or blackcurrant

then I get home and Ill have some chicken or birds eye cod and some oven chips because thats all I can make. I'm 19, havent got a clue how to cook and my mam only makes fattening food she wouldnt know how to do a healthy dinner :P

and then maybe a bag of popcorn at night or some more egg white( its now my addiction ha I fry eggs and put it on my brown bread, eat all the white and give the yolk to my bf, he doesnt mind :P )

my bf says im starving myself because of the small portions but I'm eating my points maybe not the ideal diet but it has been working and I dont be hungry all the time, only recently with college but its my dinner that I have almost the same, and I know my body is getting bored but when I shop and look for some easy dinner meals, I end up just getting chicken and fish because I dont know what else to get, I dont take risks with food...

I only have 19 points daily, I tried eating my exercise points but I always gain so I just don't bother with them

right now I have egg white on brown bread in the morning, then ill have an apple and banana and ham sandwhich (my bread is 0.5 a slice) throughout my day in college, that could be from 9 to 6 most days and about 1.5 litres of water or blackcurrant

then I get home and Ill have some chicken or birds eye cod and some oven chips because thats all I can make. I'm 19, havent got a clue how to cook and my mam only makes fattening food she wouldnt know how to do a healthy dinner :P

and then maybe a bag of popcorn at night or some more egg white( its now my addiction ha I fry eggs and put it on my brown bread, eat all the white and give the yolk to my bf, he doesnt mind :P )

my bf says im starving myself because of the small portions but I'm eating my points maybe not the ideal diet but it has been working and I dont be hungry all the time, only recently with college but its my dinner that I have almost the same, and I know my body is getting bored but when I shop and look for some easy dinner meals, I end up just getting chicken and fish because I dont know what else to get, I dont take risks with food...

If you can get on ebay, look for ww cook book, its kinda aimed a students, or ww people who are cooking for one WW:Just For ME Alot of really quick easy low point recipes.

I have ALOT to lose so my points are higher, I used to not eat my exercise points but I hit a plateau for five months...so i started eating my bonus points and the weight started going down again. Different things will work for different people I guess.

Your days are alot longer and active now as your back in college, maybe you should allow an extra point or two to compensate. College is mentally exhausting! Your doing better than me with the water i'm really struggling to fit in my 2 - 3 litres a day.

• Advertisement

If you can get on ebay, look for ww cook book, its kinda aimed a students, or ww people who are cooking for one WW:Just For ME Alot of really quick easy low point recipes.

Your doing better than me with the water i'm really struggling to fit in my 2 - 3 litres a day.

aww ill get that book then, thanks for that and the only reason I drink so much water is because its free before I use to just drink bottles and bottles of diet coke but money is tight :P

Alpha 2010- some advice my granny gave to me- "if you can read, you can cook!" - seriously it's true!

So get the just for one cookbook and start there- there are some really good recipes in that.

Also try this: boil 1l water + two veg stock cubes + chop up a random selection of four of the zero point veg + tin tomatoes + simmer 20 mins = zero point soup (no risk I promise!)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Hi Alpha,

i am on 19 points too and tbh find it hard some days (esp when I am at college or on nights at work) I though I would write down what I eat and see does it give you any tips , here what I am eating today:

2 toast(better for you dunnes brand)
    scrambled egg (i and one white)
    30g philadelphia extra light
    milk
    2 rice cakes (salt and vinegar tecso brand)
    Pasta salad ( pasta, chilli beans, peppers onions, chopped tomatoes)
    burgerbites
    3 plums
    cod baked with bread coating
    250g home made chips
    150g onken vanilla yogurt with 30g special k

this works out at 18 and a half points and i stay fairly full all day!!

On another note I stepped on scales today and it looking very like I am at goal! dont want to get too excited as I have WI tuesday but i am going away monday evening after college to galway for a night out and figure I could do damage ha..... ah well least i know its within my reach

The two of ye better keep coming to the board when ye reach ye're goal!
    We need ye as motivation to keep going!

THE TWO OF YE HAVE WORKED SO HARD YE SHOULD BE VERY PROUD!

The two of ye better keep coming to the board when ye reach ye're goal!
    We need ye as motivation to keep going!

THE TWO OF YE HAVE WORKED SO HARD YE SHOULD BE VERY PROUD!

awh thanks Lady Lainy, yeah I never thought id see myself with a healthy weight, I have always been the big girl, walking out of shops crying because they don't even do my size.. like I'm still just 19 years old so I grew up being bullied over my weight

just met a girl that bullied me in school because of my weight. she is now much bigger than me, let herself go big time and she came over to me in Dunnes and said 'jesus your a bitch, what have you been doing' I never felt so great in all my life.. the person that made life hell is now jealous of my figure, that my sound cocky but It really made my day ..

still feel like my body isn't exactly the way I want it but when are we ever happy :P

susita06 wrote: »
    Hi Alpha,

i am on 19 points too and tbh find it hard some days (esp when I am at college or on nights at work) I though I would write down what I eat and see does it give you any tips , here what I am eating today:

2 toast(better for you dunnes brand)
    scrambled egg (i and one white)
    30g philadelphia extra light
    milk
    2 rice cakes (salt and vinegar tecso brand)
    Pasta salad ( pasta, chilli beans, peppers onions, chopped tomatoes)
    burgerbites
    3 plums
    cod baked with bread coating
    250g home made chips
    150g onken vanilla yogurt with 30g special k

this works out at 18 and a half points and i stay fairly full all day!!

was just heading out to do the shopping and noticed your post, so I put the things down on the list that I haven't got. I'm going to try the rice cakes and the yogurts and plums, oh and the pasta salad now thats sounds nice

Thanks Susita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosmarius

Does anyone know how many points in standard dag of maltesers (37g) ?? I have always pointed as 3.5 but the latest shoping guide from ww states that the bag is 4 points. Using the calculator confirms this! How can they have jumped 0.5 points ????

Rosmarius wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many points in standard dag of maltesers (37g) ?? I have always pointed as 3.5 but the latest shoping guide from ww states that the bag is 4 points. Using the calculator confirms this! How can they have jumped 0.5 points ????

UK Points are different to US points.

What are calories & sats per bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosmarius

UK Points are different to US points.

What are calories & sats per bag?

Nothing to do with US points though.
    Bag: 187 kcal, 9.3g fat (doesn't give sat fat so just halving it) Using the calculator this works out at 4 points per bag as is stated in new shopping guide. They definitely used to be 3.5 though??????:(

• Advertisement

Rosmarius wrote: »
    Nothing to do with US points though.
    Bag: 187 kcal, 9.3g fat (doesn't give sat fat so just halving it) Using the calculator this works out at 4 points per bag as is stated in new shopping guide. They definitely used to be 3.5 though??????:(

oh sorry! i misread. I thought you meant ww book from the states.
    Nutritional information might have been slightly different before. that's the only thing I can put it down to. Book says 4, calculator says 4, they must be 4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement