Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

alpha2010 wrote: »
    awh thanks Lady Lainy, yeah I never thought id see myself with a healthy weight, I have always been the big girl, walking out of shops crying because they don't even do my size.. like I'm still just 19 years old so I grew up being bullied over my weight

just met a girl that bullied me in school because of my weight. she is now much bigger than me, let herself go big time and she came over to me in Dunnes and said 'jesus your a bitch, what have you been doing' I never felt so great in all my life.. the person that made life hell is now jealous of my figure, that my sound cocky but It really made my day ..

still feel like my body isn't exactly the way I want it but when are we ever happy :P

Hey Alpha...
    That doesn't sound cocky at all. Sounds like your very proud of yourself and rightly so!
    You're only 19...you have your whole life ahead of you to enjoy your new body and confidence.
    Put all those negative experiences and bullies behind you and hold your head high girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 truegas

hi all i be reading every ones post doing so well. i have been going 2 ww for many years up and down . she changed her times it dosnt suit me lighter days started n my town it so slow for me 6lbs so far :mad::mad: my class is to morrow nite hope 2 be down following ww plan i let yee no tomorrow good luck 2 every one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

truegas wrote: »
    hi all i be reading every ones post doing so well. i have been going 2 ww for many years up and down . she changed her times it dosnt suit me lighter days started n my town it so slow for me 6lbs so far :mad::mad: my class is to morrow nite hope 2 be down following ww plan i let yee no tomorrow good luck 2 every one;)
    how did you get on? has it a points system too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jacktherabbit

Hi all

I joined weight watchers last week.

It was a daunting prospect for me going in but the fact it was a men only class I felt a bit better about it. Obviously I knew I was overweight but looking at the scales telling me I was 20 stone 1 pounts was a depressing and humbling experience.

I have 85 pounds to lose to be a "healthy" weight which is a massive amount but I think I am prepared mentally.

Anyway, first weigh in today - I lost 6 pounds :D

Had been lurking on here getting tips - checking how many points are in certain foodstuffs so thanks. I will become a regular contributor.

Anyway, thats all for tonight. Looking forward to my journey over the next few months. Best of luck to all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 truegas

morning all had 2 0ff last nite :):) delighted no it not points but im following ww plan . ww is the best away n galway weekend it be hard i walk every day 8lbs off so far would love 2 stone for xmas every one doing so well :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Hi all,

Missed WI this week over going on a roadtrip with college but went crazy up there!! had two takeaways, a pile of drink and a huge fry the next morning plus a ton of sweets :( I enjoyed it though so I am not too upset! The timing could have been better mind you so am now trying to be exceptionally good this week! Probably kidding myself by saying I will get to goal next week but at last I know it will be the week after at the latest!!!

Hope everyone is doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

oh dear god i'm so tired :( back at college 4 weeks this week, and i've lost a whopping 2.5 lbs in 4 weeks! bit disappointed in my self...I just dont have it in me to exercise during the week i can barely walk home from the bus i'm THAT tired. I'm doing exhausting 9-5 days with alot of assignments! last night i got home at 6.30...and started assignments at 7 last night and kept going till midnight. barely time to breath.

I think its going to be impossible to to stick to my points properly, i'm going to try and be "aware" of my points but when I'm hungry I gotta eat! So i'm just going to eat as healthy as i can. My days are just SO long, my subjects are pretty intense.

I just hope i can continue to keep losing something every week, I cant go backwards! it'll crush me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    oh dear god i'm so tired :( back at college 4 weeks this week, and i've lost a whopping 2.5 lbs in 4 weeks! bit disappointed in my self...I just dont have it in me to exercise during the week i can barely walk home from the bus i'm THAT tired. I'm doing exhausting 9-5 days with alot of assignments! last night i got home at 6.30...and started assignments at 7 last night and kept going till midnight. barely time to breath.

I think its going to be impossible to to stick to my points properly, i'm going to try and be "aware" of my points but when I'm hungry I gotta eat! So i'm just going to eat as healthy as i can. My days are just SO long, my subjects are pretty intense.

I just hope i can continue to keep losing something every week, I cant go backwards! it'll crush me!

I'm the exact same :( horrible schedule, but I have a free gym so during my lunch break I just go over for a 30 min run on the threadmill and then for the other half of my lunch break I have my lunch, its definitely not ideal. For the first 3 weeks of Uni it was grand but now all the assignments are building up
    and now I wanna comfort eat more than ever because its miserable out :(

but fingers crossed I lost something, only 1 pound till goal, weigh in tomorrow

but fingers crossed I lost something, only 1 pound till goal, weigh in tomorrow

Good Luck Alpha!!!!

Lady Lainy, stop being so hard on yourself girl your doing brilliantly!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

woohoo result hadnt weighted in since 13th of september decided to do it this morning and i got a great result.. :) i was 11.2 and ahalf and dis morning when i weighted in i was 10.13 and ahalf chuffed back under the 11 stone mark and back into the 10 stones again feels great 3 lb loss x x

• Advertisement

woo reached my target and a pound :P

lost 2 pound this week so I'm now healthy and not considered over weight woo

finally after 6 months, I'm now 61 pound lighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

Well done thats an amazing achievement in so little time :)

THATS FANTASTIC! WELL DONE!

thanks :), to celebrate I'm going to go out tomorrow night, haven't been out in AGES hope I dont put it all back on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Well done alpha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Congratulations Alpha, that's an amazing achievement. Well done, enjoy your celebrations x

Oh man i so need a little pick me up, feel like i'm falling down the slippery path of gaining it all back if i dont snap my self into gear now!

Time for re-invention! Going to hair dressers for a HUGE change to my hair, that always gives me the confidence and re-energises my motivation to get back on the wagon.

Going from unemployed Blonde to College student brunette :D New person, new priorities, new goals and ambitions....i think that deserves new hair LOL

I just hope i get that one measly lb tomorrow. Any loss is good in my book these days. cos it would be so easy for me to just throw in the towel and i would easily have the 38lbs back on before the new year without even thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Oh man i so need a little pick me up, feel like i'm falling down the slippery path of gaining it all back if i dont snap my self into gear now!

Time for re-invention! Going to hair dressers for a HUGE change to my hair, that always gives me the confidence and re-energises my motivation to get back on the wagon.

Going from unemployed Blonde to College student brunette :D New person, new priorities, new goals and ambitions....i think that deserves new hair LOL

I just hope i get that one measly lb tomorrow. Any loss is good in my book these days. cos it would be so easy for me to just throw in the towel and i would easily have the 38lbs back on before the new year without even thinking about it.
    did ya go to get the hair done yet, ive to do my roots aswell. its so easey to put up the pounds , i could be in kitchen right now gorging on fresh rolls but i wont im down in this room posting post on weight watchers forum to keep my mind of FOOOOOOD. im 23stone so bad for me, im finding it so slow to lose it this time ,ive always being heavey as a child grew up to be a heavey adult, lost 6 stone 13 yrs ago had a baby went on very quickly, here i am again tring to lose all that and more. keep us posted at how your WI goes, im sure you will do ok.

cats.life wrote: »
    did ya go to get the hair done yet, ive to do my roots aswell. its so easey to put up the pounds , i could be in kitchen right now gorging on fresh rolls but i wont im down in this room posting post on weight watchers forum to keep my mind of FOOOOOOD. im 23stone so bad for me, im finding it so slow to lose it this time ,ive always being heavey as a child grew up to be a heavey adult, lost 6 stone 13 yrs ago had a baby went on very quickly, here i am again tring to lose all that and more. keep us posted at how your WI goes, im sure you will do ok.

Heading off in about 20 mins to hair dressers. going for all over colour change. Hoping if i re-invent my image, it'll re-invent my frame of thought.

Oh stop....bread rolls are my weakness. So quick and convenient too. I find my self reaching for the convenience of a sandwich, convincing my self that im too busy to take 20 mins to make a proper dinner or lunch.

I'm am eating healthy....but i know i'm going over my points most days by 2 or 3 but what i am eating is lots of oatmeal, salads, soups, fish, Aldi have the most devine yellow fin sole at the moment in a VERY light batter. 2.5pts a fillet. i usually have 2 fillets and 4 pts work of ww chips with them or salad.

Heading off in about 20 mins to hair dressers. going for all over colour change. Hoping if i re-invent my image, it'll re-invent my frame of thought.

your so right to treat yourself, I'm going to spend money I dont have next week on some clothes.. I was a size 16 - 18 starting off and for the past 2 months or so I have been a size 12 but surprisingly some of my size 12's are getting a little loose so Im gonna take a chance and try some size 10's if they dont fit who cares xD less money for me to spend but

I still have a some fat under my arms and my stomach, not a lot just some loose skin, people are telling me to do some light weight training, it will make me put on muscle, so my weight will go up but it wont be fat but how long will it take for me to lose this loose skin ??

• Advertisement

ALPHA!!!!

I am delighted for you, well done!! Enjoy your shopping trip!!!:D

Down 1lb this week. Tho last week I was up 3! (i dont post it when i gain lol)

But hey...down is down. I've been yo-yo ing for about 4 or 5 weeks up 3 down 2 up 2 down 1 kinda thing. but funny thing is....i'm now wearing my belt at the tightest hole and its still lose, this time last year it was at the loosest hole and pinching me.

But I don't know...i feel positive today...I think getting a good night sleep was REALLY what i needed. When i get sleep deprived I just feel so overwhelmed by everything in my life.

I got such a huge reaction from family and friends over my new hair, it was like they hadn't seen me in months...even tho they saw me only the day before. They all said I was wasting away lol. Looked healthier and brighter.

I think that kinda reaction has given me the get and go to sort my self out. I spent this morning planing my meals for the week ahead. breakfast lunch, snack when i get in from college and dinner,

I spent this morning planing my meals for the week ahead. breakfast lunch, snack when i get in from college and dinner,

its great when you get all those compliments, makes it all worth while
    your so right with the planning, I can only plan on a daily basis though because something always happens and I cant follow my diet plan like my bf wanting to go out for dinner, or just craving something and just throwing the plan out the window, emm last night id say I had 30 points plus. I had a few drinks and lots of chipper :P

I dont know how many points I'm allowed now because im now finished with losing weight, just maintaining. I was on 18 so am I now on 24 ??

your so right with the planning, I can only plan on a daily basis though because something always happens and I cant follow my diet plan like my bf wanting to go out for dinner, or just craving something and just throwing the plan out the window, emm last night id say I had 30 points plus. I had a few drinks and lots of chipper :P

I dont know how many points I'm allowed now because im now finished with losing weight, just maintaining. I was on 18 so am I now on 24 ??

As stupid as it sounds...I think i just needed to hear it from someone else that i was doing well...if you know what I mean...like confirmation that I'm doing the right thing.

As far as I know Maintenance is current points + 6. I'm a member of ww online they have a calculator for for working out maintenance points. I'll take a look at it

As stupid as it sounds...I think i just needed to hear it from someone else that i was doing well...if you know what I mean...like confirmation that I'm doing the right thing.

As far as I know Maintenance is current points + 6. I'm a member of ww online they have a calculator for for working out maintenance points. I'll take a look at it

Note: Just checked....you can eat in the range of 18-24. Your Maintenance maximum points will be 24 pts a day. So you should eat anywhere between your 18 and 24! You must just feel like a million dollars! 61lbs....wow! I was hoping to have that done in the first year of my weight loss but i got stuck. But hopefully I'm back on track :)

Note: Just checked....you can eat in the range of 18-24. Your Maintenance maximum points will be 24 pts a day. So you should eat anywhere between your 18 and 24! You must just feel like a million dollars! 61lbs....wow! I was hoping to have that done in the first year of my weight loss but i got stuck. But hopefully I'm back on track :)

well it will come off for you, it just takes time, and your doing brilliant. winter is almost here and thats going to be the real test, especially the dark wet evenings when you just want to stay in bed and eat nothing but junk food, hope that doesn't happen for me

the only thing that has kept me going is my bad day every week. I love it, I usually would go to the movies, have a big bucket of popcorn and eddie rockets .. thats my only treat for the week but god I do look forward to my Friday night, It makes me work soo hard during the week because when I'm having the bad food I dont feel guilty and I know I deserve it. I'm lucky that I only put on weight 5 times throughout my diet and it was only by a pound but this maintenance is going to be tough because im constantly going to be going up and down until i get use to it and thanks Lainy for letting me know what my allowance is :)

when i was going to meetings, anytime anyone hit there goal, they were advised only to weigh in once a month, cos week to week it will fluctuate and it would drive them nuts.

So dont weight your self next till like 1st of november. thay way 1st of every month can be your check in date.

Hi all!!

Ok so the push was/is on to get to goal! I had a brilliant trip to Galway early this week and done some serious eating and drinking (:D)!! Since I got home I have been really really good tracking everything, exercising, drinking water etc but it's looking like I wont make it to goal on tuesday:( Feeling a bit bummed about it really because I had my mind set on having a "get to goal" party and I have my friends and family kinda on standby for it! I would love to get it on tuesday because that would mean my college friends who have been so so supportive to me can come because we are on midterm the week after.... so I was thinking I would skip that week and wait till college is back but that week my family are away :( argh this probably seems so trivial but this thing has been something I have been looking forward to for a very very long time and I just know I am going to be so so disappointed if I don't get it this week!

I figure I should just cut off an oul toe or something and save myself a pound :) ha . oh i dunno I am prob just working myself up over nothing but I really really really hope that somehow I will do it ( believe me there will be tears:D)

Sorry for the rant just needed to get it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

Hey all,

Im delighted to see your all doing so well!

I kinda have stopped doing it since going back to college...need a little motivation to start back properly! Hard at the moment with exams!

But hopefully i can get back on track :)

• Advertisement

I GOT TO GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i GOT GOAL + ONE A HALF POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have lost 91 pounds in total, six and a half stone ! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement