Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 catspajamas

:D:D:D

CONGRATS susita06

I just went back after a long time away & I have it all to do again - but your post cheered me up

CONGRATS AGAIN WELL DONE

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

susita06 wrote: »
    I GOT TO GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i GOT GOAL + ONE A HALF POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have lost 91 pounds in total, six and a half stone ! :D

:D:D:D

Congratulations!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

im delighted for you,well done! how long did that take? how on earth did you keep motavated?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Folks I seriously need some help... i was doing so well... went on holidays and moved house and since then I haven't been back and I haven't been sticking to anything.

I had hit 10stone 13.5lbs before my hols in June, now i'm back up to 11st 7lbs. I'm so furious with myself so I comfort eat which is a big fat vicious circle!!!!! With the weather getting so cold too, a salad just doesn't cut the mustard in the evenings.

I was so good and motivated before... really hoping one of you can give me a big kick up the backside!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 truegas

well done congrats .:):) was away weekend pig out didnt go last nite back on track 2day please god :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

ali85 wrote: »
    Folks I seriously need some help... i was doing so well... went on holidays and moved house and since then I haven't been back and I haven't been sticking to anything.

I had hit 10stone 13.5lbs before my hols in June, now i'm back up to 11st 7lbs. I'm so furious with myself so I comfort eat which is a big fat vicious circle!!!!! With the weather getting so cold too, a salad just doesn't cut the mustard in the evenings.

I was so good and motivated before... really hoping one of you can give me a big kick up the backside!
    totally sympatise with you,im in the very same boat!!! good one day,bad the next!!was thinkin of giving up altogether,seem to be always counting points or watching what i eat and i think its worse im gettin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Congratulations Susita. That's fantastic!!!

It's great to hear about yourself and Alpha reaching goal. Both of ye have done so well.

I was down 3.5lbs last night, really thrilled with that. Haven't really been keeping up to date with my food diary on here and was feeling a bit disillusioned going in this week, as i'd STS the last two weeks.
    But I feel great now this morning, I'm back on track for my Christmas goal.

Hope everyone else is having a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 matluka

Hi just touching base, i had weigh in tuesday night, I only lost 1lb but I guess its better than gaining 1lb:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ONE DIP

Howdy folks

, going for weigh in tonight . lost 10 lb in ten weeks , very dissapointed cos im training really hard and genuinely sticking to the points and no drink for 7 of the ten weeks , anybody else in the same boat or any ideas im just getting a little p155ed off at this stage.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

My weight loss over four weeks has been so slow even though I've been trying so hard - 5 1/2 lbs - but I was sure I'd hit the half stone today even though I was on a hotel break for two days earlier in the week. I was really good, all the healthy options, no desserts, no chips, no cakes or scones with the endless cuppas... Anyway I put ON a lb and I'm disgusted. Its hard to keep up the motivation but this always happens me after a few weeks. Some people in my class lose that much in one week, it's not fair!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Hi All :)

Just touching base quickly to let ye know that after all the worry I had my got to goal party last night. I had a voucher from my birthday so I went and bought a lipsy size ten dress for myself and I felt amazing at the party! Had all my family and friends over and then out to a nightclub for a spot of dancing!

I cried for ages on Tuesday night! I just couldn't believe I done it and that it was over (kinda). It was amazing my leader brought me up to the front and told everyone my story and then she was crying aswell etc hehe :D

I can tell ye all now NOTHING will ever beat that feeling for me honestly, I even feel teary talking about it! It was truly amazing- it's hard to even imagine what I was like before! A college friend asked me when was the last time I was a size ten... the honest answer is never I was a fourteen on my confirmation!

I cannot wait fro ye guys to get to goal and feel that too- I swear it felt like I was on drugs or something (well thats what I would imagine it feels like surreal or something!)

Ye can ALL do it !!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AJman

Hi all!
    It's great to be here. My name is AJ and I've been a ww member since March 2007. I'm from Sligo but currently living in Galway. So far I've lost 4 and a half stone. I modelled at the ww fashion show in Claregalway last November. WW has done wonders for me.
    There is only one problem... now I have crashed and I don't know how to get myself back up. It's weird how this has happened after all the weight I've lost and how well I was doing. I was 2lbs away from my target in August but I've since gained 10 and I'm back to where I was at the start of the summer. I lost 2lbs at my wi this week but that was only because I worked SERIOUSLY hard towards the end of the week as I just couldn't bear another gain.
    I've found myself to be binging a lot - almost every single day in fact - for months now and it only happens in the evening or at night. I wake up with the most positive attitude but when evening comes my attitude completely changes and I just binge. I am great for tracking through the day but one bite of something sweet and it's "Sod this for a game of soldiers!" and I go all out. I'm absolutely fed up. I'm thinking of food 24/7 and having a constant battle in my head.
    I just want to go back to tracking normally and losing weight normally like I always did. I MUST be at my target at Christmas and I told a lot of people I would as I'm not going to be overweight for another festive season, but going the way it's going that's never going to happen.
    Has anyone any advice on how to get back on track? As it's only 12:14pm I'm feeling very positive but I KNOW that this evening it'll be different.
    AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

dont know how, but down 2.5lbs this week!

I weighed in one day early cos i'm going out tonight :P and didnt want one night to ruin my hard work all week. Is that cheating?

2st 9.5lbs gone so far I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to get to 3st by 18th November.
    That'll be my 1year date i've been in ww.

I dont know if this week its just a fluke, maybe its cos i had a really early dinner last night. I've also been working really hard this week on college assignments. Some days i' have a 3 hour break, I've been spending like 2 and half hours of that in library working instead of having long lingering big lunches. so maybe thats helped too.

2.5lbs is the most i've lost in a LONG time! now i can really enjoy my weekend :D

Diet Coke and Malibu for the night, which is like 1.5pt a drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

I reached goal last week but I decided to change it, I want to lose another 7 pound, because I want to get to 9 and a half stone, and then I would be done because I feel like I need to lose just a few more pound, so I'm not going to start having my maintenance points, well I did this week and I stayed the same which was good but I decided last night that I want to lose another half stone
    so back to 18 points :( ... so hopefully ill be to goal by December, or even Christmas :)

AJman wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Has anyone any advice on how to get back on track? As it's only 12:14pm I'm feeling very positive but I KNOW that this evening it'll be different.
    AJ

are you keeping up with your exercise ?? I'm finding it hard with the horrible weather but thank god I have the gym now..

You should really plan your meals, and if you eat more in the evening, then save more points for the evening time for some snacks, get some WW treats, so you wont feel guilty when having a cake or chocolate bar ..

you should get some clothes that are too small for you, and hang it outside your wardrobe and look it at everyday and set a date, when you will be able to fit into it. It kept me motivated and also when your feeling down, take out some old pics of yourself, when you were at a bigger weight, it will make you smile seeing how much you have changed

you should be so proud, losing all that weight, think of the hard amount of work you have done, you don't want to waste all that, stay positive, we all hit a barrier sometimes during our diet, but we just have to remember what it was like when we were bigger and tell ourselves we will never go back there EVER

How's everyone after the long weekend? Blah I'm due my contraceptive injection this week, I get it every 11 weeks, my weight ALWAYS goes up in and around I'm due to get it. Just the way my body works. I think winter has definitely kicked in. So bitterly cold! I seriously must try and not compensate for the cold weather by eating more! But I think the little changes I've made recently are helping,

I only use slimline milk.
    I try REALLY hard to stay away from full fat real bread. the ww bagels are great!
    I only use Splenda on my oatmeal and coffee, (well lidl's cheaper own brand version)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 matluka

:mad: I had weigh in last night and I am up 1.5lbs:eek:, I am p8888d off about it, but I started with a clean slate again today.

I had 2 parties at the weekend loads of very unforgiving food.....if ye know what I mean:rolleyes:

matluka wrote: »
    :mad: I had weigh in last night and I am up 1.5lbs:eek:, I am p8888d off about it, but I started with a clean slate again today.

I had 2 parties at the weekend loads of very unforgiving food.....if ye know what I mean:rolleyes:

Thats still fantastic tho, two parties and only 1.5lb gain. Proof that you can still live life and have fun without too much damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Down 0.5lbs last night :)
    Happy with that coz I was picking alot over the weekend.

Have a lot of eating out this week tho...had a good few drinks and hot buffet at a party last night. We're going on a triple date on Friday night :D and then have a christening and dinner dance on Saturday night. :(:eek::(:eek:

Hopefully I'll have time to exercise over the wkend too!

okay guys I really need some food advice :(

went to do my shopping yesterday and just stood there not knowing what to get. I felt like crying because I have lost my appetite for everything.. like I went through every aisle and nothing was appealing to me .. I hope this is just a phase because I'm afraid this is a sign that I'm sick of the diet and that I'm going to quit.. like yesterday all I had was a toasted ham sandwich and some soup because I didn't want anything else.. I only had 6 points yesterday :(

I'm not trying to starve myself but my bf made some oven chips and some fresh cod, thats something I would normally have for dinner because its only 7 points. but I tasted his and it was making me sick :( .. even now I should be studying and I usually stock up on food to get my energy levels up but I cant feel the hunger :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 who.dunnit

alpha2010 wrote: »
    okay guys I really need some food advice :(

went to do my shopping yesterday and just stood there not knowing what to get. I felt like crying because I have lost my appetite for everything.. like I went through every aisle and nothing was appealing to me .. I hope this is just a phase because I'm afraid this is a sign that I'm sick of the diet and that I'm going to quit.. like yesterday all I had was a toasted ham sandwich and some soup because I didn't want anything else.. I only had 6 points yesterday :(

I'm not trying to starve myself but my bf made some oven chips and some fresh cod, thats something I would normally have for dinner because its only 7 points. but I tasted his and it was making me sick :( .. even now I should be studying and I usually stock up on food to get my energy levels up but I cant feel the hunger :(

There's a virus going round where people have lost their appetite for 3-5 days, have a temperature and feel nauseous in general with cramps etc. Could you have that? Also not to scare monger you but pregnancy??

I hope you feel better soon

who.dunnit wrote: »
    There's a virus going round where people have lost their appetite for 3-5 days, have a temperature and feel nauseous in general with cramps etc. Could you have that? Also not to scare monger you but pregnancy??

I hope you feel better soon

emm well I really hope its the virus ha, yeah I do be feeling sick lately and tired all the time. but I know there signs of being pregnant but I just finished my period 3 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

aww alpha hope you feel better soon!! There is a lot of people sick at the moment maybe you are coming down with something!!

Dont worry about WW you will be fine, if you were really getting sick of it etc then you would be reaching for the bad (but oh so good) food rather than nothing at all pet!

blah! so much for my healthy midterm from college. Hormones...all I want to do is eat eat eat this week! Its always like this around the time i get this injection. thank god i only get it every three months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Hey everyone,

I know I haven't posted in a while - I took an extremely long wagon holiday.. :(

Anyway.. I'm back aboard now and off to the gym this evening and tomorrow. I've also gotten myself organised with homemade pointed food for the next two weeks - the joys of a microwave at work!

So the dreaded question.. Any goals set for Christmas? I thought publicly declaring mine might help me get there, so I am aiming for 8-10lbs down in the next 7.5-8 weeks. Anybody else care to take the plunge and declare? :)

Also Alpha, that sounds like the virus I had a couple of weeks ago. I'd a headache, extreme nausea and tiredness. Mine cleared in 2-3 days but it was miserable while I had it! So chin up and maybe take some vitamins or a good tonic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Hi everyone!

Im new to this site so hi everybody! I did ww a few years ago and lost weight and have put it all back on again so Im now planning to join again this week! Gonna just bite the bullet I think!

I was wondering does anybody know what points for a chicken curry from a chinese is?
    I know it sounds funny to try point it but its something I really have no idea how bad it is and would love to know the points as its a real weakness for me!!
    I have ww points here for takeaways but no chinese chicken curry!!

Thanks for any advice that can be offered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arfheabhas

Hi All!

I'm new to here, I did weight watchers a few years ago but spent a year in oz (albeit a fun year) and have put the weight back on.

I decided to get back on track and bought the weight watcher discover pack on ebay- weight loss on a budget. Thinking of going it alone and maybe posting my WI on here to keep me on track. I started fast start yesterday. So will weigh in next mon morn. I'm hoping to lose about 22lb's.

I bought the low to no points recipie book and was thinking of buying the just for me book- has anyone used it, found it good? It's just me dieting at home and most of the dinner recipes are for four- can't live on ready meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Hi timeforachange & arfheabhas- welcome to the party! arfheabhas- Just for me recipes are great

Well, I've been missing for a few weeks, but I have been so so so good. Had a loss every week and a loss of 3 lbs at weigh in this morning- so that is a total loss of 3 stone 2 lbs :D:D:D

I am obscenely proud of myself I have to say!

And... have had to buy a belt- had a very near disastrous wardrobe malfunction
    while running for the bus!

In case you missed that- I. RAN. FOR. THE. BUS!
    :)

So- goal for christmas- 6 more pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Havent been on for ages but have been reading all the updates.

Well I have fallen off the wagon big time.

Didnt go to WI last week cos the previous week went and was told I was up 1lb............I had done two circuit training classes which I taught I was going to die in and had a really bad day in work and then was told I was up 1lb :mad::mad::mad: So I went and got chinese after WI and a big tub of ben and jerrys and ate the lot!!!!

So went back this week and was told I was up 1.5lb a total of 2.5lb over 3 weeks I seriously need to get my act together.
    Only 6 more WI's till Xmas and Im determined to be down.

Sorry for the rant and thanks for reading, any advice would be great.

Well done Muirgheal - that is amazing well done you!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Muirgheal wrote: »
    :)

So- goal for christmas- 6 more pounds

Congrats for setting your goal here! Good luck on the way!!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement