Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gkellett

hi all, after a bit of research i've found a meeting on thursday mornings which should suit me as its just after i drop my son to school and i have decided to join.

as i already posted on another forum i am also doing the slender challenge so i'm gonna keep that up as i've already bought all the products and it wont do any harm to take them anyway so my first weigh in will be tomorrow morning at ww.

I weighed myself last thursday and i weighed 11st 11lbs so i'll let you know how tomorrow goes. good luck everyone

weight.png

not sure how to use this ticker so if it doesnt come up ignore . thks:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Hi All
    Just been reading over the posts and Im really surprised at the number of people who skip their weigh in altogether when they dont think they are going to have a weight loss.
    I've been a member of ww many times over the last 9 years but the one promise I made myself the last time I joined was that I would go to the weigh in every single week no matter what Im expecting. I'm very proud to say that since I joined this time over 10 months ago I have never had to pay for a missed week and this includes 2 weeks where I got out of my sick bed, got into my work clothes (because thats what I always get weighed in) and went to my weigh in.
    This is the first time in my 9 year ww history that I have been a member for longer that 3 or 4 months and it is also the first time that it has worked for me.
    I find that when I have a bad week and go to my weigh in I start fresh the next day and get back on track but if I skip the weigh in and tell myself I will loose it for next week I tend to fall off the wagon again and end up putting on more or else just quitting altogether

Dont get me wrong Im struggling at the moment to keep up the motivation but the one thing I can do every week is go to the weigh in and that way I have been managing to maintain more or less.

Anyway clearly you can see that I now feel strongly that we should go to our weigh ins every single week so would like to put it out there for everyone thinking about skipping it this week :) GO, GET IT OVER AND MOVE ON ....AND GOOD LUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey guys

i finally got my 2nd stone tonight i'm so so so so happy one could even say i'm as happy as a pig in sh!t :D was down 2.5 pounds i'm so happy my hard work is paying off i've only got 20.5 pounds left to loose now i'm just so happy i could sing it!!!

hope you all have a great weekend i wish i could bottle this feeling & give it to everyone when we all need that motivation!!!! i know some of us have had a hard week just remember your mini goals & you'll get there my next mini goal is st patricks day i want to be another 8.5 pounds down by then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

So just had my WI and im down a half pound! I'm actually delighted, cos it was a really hard week, had a few nights out, but managed my points well to make it through!

The last time i did weight watchers, any week i lost half a pound would have been almost as bad as putting on weight, i felt like it was nothing! But this time around i have a whole new attitude, anything that is minus and im deligted, its all one step closer to goal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gkellett

well i went to the meeting this morning and my official starting weight at weight watchers is 11 st 7lbs which means i've lost 4 lbs since last week.

Slender Starting Weight: 11st 11lbs
    Weight After 1 week : 11st 7lbs (-4lbs):D

I've been walking on my treadmill for 30mins 5 days a week too so i'll keep that up and see how i get on next week.

• Advertisement

Well had my weigh in tonight and was up a pound,,,the same pound I lost last week :P
    All set for a fresh start. My friend joined this evening with me and we are really buzzed up about it now. Did our shopping afterwords and booked flights for a weekend away 14 weeks from tomorrow.......coincidence no......target 1 stone by then. If I manage that I will the lightest I have been in about 11 years !!!
    Can't wait to get started now.
    Have a great week everyone. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Well after the worst week of eating ever i was up two pound las nite..yet still dwn the 3 stone (didn break into it :)) so im glad i went to WI now makes me more determined to get back on track and lose the two pound next week...!!:D:D.. Went back to the gym tonight and have a couple of walks plans over weekend when i cant get to the gym so hopefully that means im completely back on the wagon..YAY..:D

Well done Ladie...your doin brill and the last pound has defo played around wit ya im so happy for ya hun ya deserve it...!!:D

Think your right about the mini goals now i need a new one im thinkin.. 7 pound by first weekend in april as iv a big night out then...

Gonna keep thinkin of that and fingers crossed all goes well...

Fair play to the rest who WI even tho perhaps a bad one...i do think it can be better for your head if you just go... Thinkin that now more so than tuesday when i was seriously gonna bail...But onwards and downwards my friends...

Best of look to everyone else WI...enjoy de new week:D:D xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well done ladiee24, fantastic you got under that 2nd stone.

Had WI tonight. Went down 2 lbs tonight, was hoping for more but in hindisght it was deserved for Tuesday's fiasco (ate Pizza for dinner).

I'm now standing at 16 st 0 lbs.....I can't remember the last time I was under 16st, so looking forward to next week finally being under this 16 stone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

1lbatatime - thanks for your posts, they are encouraging.

So my WI is due for lunch time today but not sure i going to make it. reasons are it's crazy busy in work and will be tied up most of day, don't have enough money with me(thought i had more) and lastly ppl in here are planning a lunch.

I have now decided to change my WI day to Wednesday! I think I'm just binging on a friday after WI and not being able to reign myself in til Monday. I went to a class on a Tues before in Abbey Street (Dublin) with a fantastic lady and it did wonders so i'm gonna see if a mid week class is better for me than Friday.

I don't want ppl to think that i'm making excuses cos personally i don't think for me i am, i'm making changes to try kick me in the behind to start again.

Well done to everyone with their WI's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Yay!! Well done Ladiee:D:D Roll on April 23rd!

Well done too to everyone else who had a good result this week!:)

Unfortunately I didn't make my weigh-in (baby-sitter issues) and I am having a disaster of a week! Ate lots more bread than normal & my stomach feels yuck! (plus TOM so that doesn't help!):(
    I know I will be up next week but I will go anyway - I agree 100% with 1lbatatime! - "feel the fear and do it anyway":D I like to know what I'm dealing with after a bad week - That way I can be more motivated to lose it again the following week.

Good Luck to everyone for the weekend:)

• Advertisement

jakeypooh wrote: »
    can you all tell me which classes you attend and what you think of your leader

The last one I attended in Kildare was really condescending and hurtful

jakeypooh - I go to classes in the WW head office in Swords, Co. Dub (behind the Hertz building). There's two classes on there on a Tues night (5.30pm & 6.30pm) and the leader is Maria Shortall. I find her really good - she's good at getting the class involved and would never be condescending or hurtful - that's just wrong!!

Hope you find a leader you like soon!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

down 1.5 this week yay. a relief after losing nothing for the last 2 weeks. im 1.5lb to a stone & a half, determined to get my silver 7 next week! :) (though i might treat myself to something nice today :P)

hey guys

thanks so much for all the nice messages! i'm delighted have the grin of a chesire cat on my face & i treated myself to the WW mag this week going to make the gnocci for my dinner tonight only 2 points per serving! will let you all know how i get on!

well done to everyone this week good or bad week esp if you did make it to your WI when you're not feeling the best the thought of why should i pay €10 to get told i'm up does cross my mind but you did it for you!

i've got some buddies going to my class with me now so it's even more motivation as they are looking at my success so far & if they can even feel a tiny bit of how good i'm feeling it'll make it even more worth while for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 corcors

Well done ladiee!

Well I've stayed the same for 2 weeks which is bad cause I'm losing inspiration, plus I'm going away for a few days which will invovle a lot of meals out - so i'm thinking this week will just be a write off and then I should go back next week and start again.

The first 7lbs just fell off and I'm just fiding it hard to keep motivated but I know I'll put on weight this week so that might give me the kick up the arse I need.

corcors if you can get any walking in whilst you are away that would help you with all the meals out i know it's not the most exciting thing when you're away but it could help you stay the same instead of a gain.

i find when i'm away for the weekend i'll eat to points during the day then just order what i like for dinner in the evenings including the wine :D you do deserve a nice weekend away every now & again best of luck & have a lovely time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 corcors

There's a leisure centre where we're going so I mgiht try to get a few swims in.

Fingers crossed it won't be too bad but I'm going to enjoy myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Well glad 2 c i was not d only one strugglin last week. didn make my WI but CONGRATS 2 those who did so well. Not doin too bad dis week think im joinin d gym get me up n movin. only 3 lb to my 2 stone fingers crossed il get half that at this weeks WI !!! hopin for my 3rd by april 15th!! need some inspiration !! good luck al this week peeps :o:o

Hi All
    Great to see the last few posts have been really positive,,,,,that's the way we need to be going......thought there was a lot of people feeling down last week.

I'm just home from a weekend away and happy to say I was quite well behaved. Feeling good and hoping that with 4 good days to come I will see a weight loss this week :)

The good news is that the mornings and evenings are getting brighter so I'm sure we will all be energised from that alone and will be more encouraged to get out walking and loose all those lb's to get to our next silver seven or stone.....

Have a great week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Feeling much more positive this week. Ur so right 1lbatatime :) feel the luv peeps :):):):):):):):)

oh God disaster of a weekend. i feel like i did nothing but eat or drink. i did get quite a walk on saturday.. walking around shops :P

i need to starve myself for the week now :( i had planned to be good cause im 1.5 off my next silver 7 & im going away at the weekend.. looks like its gonna be a week of soup & walking! :(

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    Well I have completely lost the run of myself lately! But, I am not going to give up! You all inspire me to stick with it - Thanks:):)

I am going to my meeting tomorrow & will be told my fate - I already know I have gained over the past two weeks (I'm guessing, at worst, 5lbs!) But this is something I have to face if I want to get back in control!
    Wish me luck! I hope to have some good news soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

Had a really bad day yesterday, did nothing but eat the wrong things. Was determined to get back on track today but just had a snack biscuit bar with my lunch! Not gonna let it get to me and count it in my points for today, will just have loads of veg for my dinner! Will go for a long walk after work to and try take back some of the extra points! Have 3 days til weigh in and have to make it right by then!

Hey!!

1lbatatime an midwife...yas are so rite we need to be upbeat and stay positive even if we have bad days or even bad weeks...:)

I no i had las week and im so far havin an ok week...fri and sat were bit messy but im trying the best since yday and will do until WI...back in gym again tonight...really looking forward to it now :D:D

Onwards and downward people :D:D

im struggling sooooooooooooooo much today. i am craving chocolate, its all i can think about! im all PMS-ey and crap :(

hey guys

feeling a little under the weather today so in turn don't have much of an appitite just made myself have something for energy need to try keep focused on my goals! ST PATRICKS DAY being my next mini one!

completely agree with some other posters i think we need to try be a bit more positive & keep motivating eachother when we're finding it that little bit harder esp on a grey day like today!

sar84 have you tried a WW or ceral bar super sweet might kick the craving if not try some sugar free jelly hope you get through this afternoon & reward yourself with a really tasty meal tonight YOU CAN DO IT!!!

shellybelly08 well done on staying so motivated - what kind of work out are you doing in the gym?

zedhead keep up the focused effort!

LorDor it won't be as bad as you expect hun once you go that'll be the worst of it

MidWifeInTraining & 1lbatatime - go you for kicking off the positivy on the thread this week!!!

have a lovely evening everyone :D

Afternoon All
    I'm at home at the mo enjoying a rare day off work that I've taken just for the heck of it,,,,,still in my pj's :)
    Since Im feeling back on track after a few troublesome weeks I'm off to aqua aerobics tonight for the first time in about 4 months. I stopped exercising when the cold dark nights came in and I have more or less maintained since then so now that the days are getting longer it is time to nip the next stone in the bud in time for summer.
    Looking forward to my weigh in this week :)
    Hope you are all having a day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

didnt make it to my WI in last week and have had probably the worst 2 weeks in all my time in ww. so close to my goal which is why im kicking myself, should only have 1.5lbs left to lose, but i'd say it'll be more if i go to my WI this week. really dreading it.
    i could use that i've had my mocks as an excuse but i'd only be fooling myself, i need to get back into gear but can't seem to get motivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Thanks for those of you who replied, Im going to try the Swords meeting tonight as Im at the airport for a meeting at 3

Hi all!
    sar84: would a hot chocolate help the cravings? I've pointed the cadburys highlights one (made with water, I think) at 0.5point per cup. Hope you're doing better today!

ladiee24: Thanks for the encouragement - I am going to class tonight & will report back tomorrow!

1lbAtaTime: You made me jealous yesterday:P Hope you enjoyed your PJ day!!

kateos2: You & I are in the same boat!! I have also had the worst two weeks of my WW-life (but I still reckon it's better than I used to be!):o I am going to weigh-in tonight & I plan to start afresh tomorrow - there's no point in ignoring it, I've come too far for that! Go to your next weigh-in & you might be surprised! Then you can start afresh too - you are so close! Don't give up now!

Actually a question, this is the same as what I raised in my food diary but would love to hear all your thoughts:
    I'm almost at goal (was 8lbs away) - but recently people have been commenting (& I'm sure it's meant in the best way) "Oh you don't need to lose anymore weight - you'll be too thin" etc... But actually I am just inside my healthy BMI so I would be nowhere near too thin - is it because they are just used to me being heavy?? they are just being complimentary?? Or am I reading too much into it?? Sorry, I'm waffling now - but any thoughts appreciated! Thankssmile.gif

• Advertisement

Hey guys hope your all having a good week...my WIs tamo dont really no what to expect but hpoing its gonna be ok.

LorDar: I reckin your friends mean well they are prob not used to seen you like this and as you say ul just be within your normal BMI so will not be too thin. It it prob just taking them time to get used to seen you look so fab..:D:D Dont worry about it.!!

Ladiee24: Hey i started off really slow in the gym but now i try and burn 700 calories per visit with threadmill (wlaking and interval jogging) exercise bike and cross trainer and then il have a sauna :):) However they do brill classes for toning and cardio in my gym and maybe once a week while there il do a class...Do you use a gym at all??

Jakeypooh: I attend the donnycarney class on a weds evening with Michael, hes so encouraging and such a nice man! Good luck with it tonight in swords im sure ul be fine!! :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement