Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I'm following the propoints plan so I'll keep you updated. So far finding it a bit strange not trying to save up points anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Does anyone know if you can get subscriptions to ww magazine in Ireland? Its just so expensive to buy in local newsagent. A mail order subscription must be cheaper, but i cant find it anywhere on how to get mail order subscription for ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Second weigh in tomorrow. Haven't done too badly. didn't do great on Friday but I knew I wouldn't as I had a night out. I was aware though and it could have been worse. Main problem is that I didn't get any exercise done. Had planned on doing two runs at the weekend but didn't turn out that way unfortunately. Hopefully it won't impact too badly. I have today to be extra good food wise at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

WI over the weekend and I'm down two. I'm quite pleased with it because I didn't feel like I was doing that well over the last while. Hopefully I'm on my way to my Christmas goal. Congrats to everyone who was down.. onwards and downwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi everyone

In Jan I joined WW & lost 1.5 stone, I began to get cocky by June & fell off the wagon.. Come November and I'm a mere 3lbs lighter than Jan. To say I'm disgusted with myself is an understatement.

I rejoined last Tues so my first WI is tomorrow & it has been a good week, I choose to do the fast track & have stuck to 18points 5/6 days so I'm expecting a nice loss as I generally loose a lot in the first 2 WI's as I do be so driven.

I just wanted to rejoin this thread as it inspires me no end.

I have just set up my new ticker, was quite upsetting deleting my old one as I was half way there. :(

I have set myself a goal to loose 40lbs sounds so overwhelming but I plan to celebrate every 10lbs :)

Feeling very in control & motivated at the moment.
    Bring it on Weight watchers, you is goin' down.

• Advertisement

Hi Lady Lainy!

Your doing so well, I notice you have lost 38lbs so far (wow congrats!) how long did it take to this ?? It's just about my goal.

Also I can't wait for Propoints to come in, a good shake up would be great for me!! How are you finding pointing differently? How exactly do you point food points now?

foundry wrote: »
    Hi Lady Lainy!

Your doing so well, I notice you have lost 38lbs so far (wow congrats!) how long did it take to this ?? It's just about my goal.

Also I can't wait for Propoints to come in, a good shake up would be great for me!! How are you finding pointing differently? How exactly do you point food points now?

I must confess i've prob put up about 10lbs since starting college. but i'm feeling REALLY positive about using the propoints. I'm definitely feeling fuller and healthier and more energised!

new system is based more on nutritional science, its about the carb,protein,fat and fiber content....so its looking at the goodness of the food as a whole, not just the saturated fat.

I'm in weight watchers one year this week....i got to 38lbs in about 7 months, but then i hit a major plateau for about 3 months! I nearly gave up, it started going down again eventually tho, but since college its creeped up ever so slightly. but i haven't given up!

the new system suits me SO much more than the old (current) point system. there is flexibility, you get a daily allowance mine is 44 pro points, plus your given an treat budget of an extra days points to spread out over the week to cater or nights out and unpointable foods, so its like 8 days of points for 7 days and you cant "save points" if you don't use them...you lose them, they don't roll over to the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

i havent been back to ww in 5 years,Im still below my goal weight and have the weigh pad somewhere!
    was wondering will I have to pay to rejoin again?
    thanks

i havent been back to ww in 5 years,Im still below my goal weight and have the weigh pad somewhere!
    was wondering will I have to pay to rejoin again?
    thanks

first class will be €20, 10 euro registration, 10 euro class fee

wooops, just saw your still a gold member, it should still be free so,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

if its freee I will be back :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i think your supposed to weigh in twice a year to keep the gold membership,,no harm in trying tho:)

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Breakfast tomorrow,
    Skinny Mocha 2 pro points, (1.5pts)
    30g oatmeal + slim line milk 5 pro points (3pts)
    Boiled egg 1 pro point (1.5pts)
    Banana + Slimline milk smoothie 3 pro points (5pts)

11 Pro Points out of my daily 44 pro points

can i ask where you worked out you pro points from,,yours seem quite high,i know a lot of people have been put on 29 pro points and 49 pro treat points,,thats what i've been advised anyway
    :)

tantipie wrote: »
    can i ask where you worked out you pro points from,,yours seem quite high,i know a lot of people have been put on 29 pro points and 49 pro treat points,,thats what i've been advised anyway
    :)

its cos my current weight is so high at the moment, on the old point system i was on 28 pts. I use weight watchers online UK. they emailed telling me my new point allowance was 44 daily + 49 treat pro points weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arfheabhas

Well did my weigh in today. Down 1/2lb, decided to be happy enough with it as its totm. So 6lbs over the first 2 wks onwards and downwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

I know this is random, but there is something (positive) I wanted to share. I haven't really been doing WW properly in a while. So I sat down and had a think about things the other day and I decided that if I didn't come down by my goal by Christmas, I would return to classes because I obviously couldn't do it on my own. That was my big fear when it came to WW, I'd be able to lose but I wouldn't be able to leave.. Anyway, I noticed something the other day when I lost.. the amazing feeling. It had been so long since I had a proper loss that I'd forgotten what a lovely feeling it is. It actually felt as good as my first week. So anybody who's beating themselves up about "only" losing a little or who isn't getting the same great feeling from losing in general, think of this!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    its cos my current weight is so high at the moment, on the old point system i was on 28 pts. I use weight watchers online UK. they emailed telling me my new point allowance was 44 daily + 49 treat pro points weekly
    ah i see,,i might register with them myself an get someone to post me over the new calculator and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Well done to all the losers this week!!

I have gained a pound and a half thanks to a major Sligo Rovers related celebration on Sunday- so happy for the win I'm not going to let the gain bother me!

So head down til christmas- no more excuses!

tantipie wrote: »
    ah i see,,i might register with them myself an get someone to post me over the new calculator and stuff

calculators totally sold out till after xmas! i had to pay 25 euro for one on ebay cos i need it and want to do it properly! i saw one go for 100 euro on ebay last night!

First WI & I lost 4lbs. Thrilled :)

4 more weigh in's till christmas!?! :eek:

Bring it on

Woo: Am not obese any more! Just overweight... hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Wow, well done everyone, great losses, and motivation here! I was up .5 today, but don't think that's my true weight as it's the dreaded totm!

Muirgheal, I wish it was cos of some fantastic celebrating like you- my celebrations for the win were confined to one glass of vino - I'm sure the stress of the shoot out combined with the lunatic jumping/dancing/screaming did burn a few calories though! Fantastic result!!

Here's to a good week ..great inspiration here!

• Advertisement

Had my first WI last night and lost 1.5. Happy with it. Had a couple of bad days and didn't exercise. I've ten to lose for my first goal. Now at 10.4 1/2 so really hoping to get under the 10 stone mark for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

KayTee wrote: »
    Muirgheal, I wish it was cos of some fantastic celebrating like you- my celebrations for the win were confined to one glass of vino - I'm sure the stress of the shoot out combined with the lunatic jumping/dancing/screaming did burn a few calories though! Fantastic result!!

I aged before my time during the extra time and penalties- wasn't it
    fan-f$%king-tastic! I'm still getting palpitations when I think about it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Well done Kay Tee, a loss when totm is due is amazing :)

Pink Chick Welcome back, brilliant loss this week.

I've been really good this week but totm is here so I'm usually up by 2.5 pounds. Have WI tonight so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Murigheal Congratulations ! I didn't see the match but I believe it was edge of your seat.

Thanks Slaygal! Just think, even if tonight is bad next week will be even better. At least you will know why.

Just wanted to share with you all a suggestion from my meeting last night. Its to eat more at breakfast! We all know it but I for one didn't follow it. Today I used 6 of my 19 pts for brekkie, 5 for lunch (including 1.5 WW Toffee bar) and have 7.5 left (including 0.5 for milk in my tea throughout day). For breakfast I had a poached egg on wholegrain toast before i left (3 pts) and a bowl of quick oats porridge when i got to work (3pts). Seems a lot but I have felt better throughout day and a lot less hungry. Well being honest I felt hungry about 12 but knew I shouldn't be, think it was all in my head. But definitely different than normal when I would normally just have the porridge. I had noodles and mushrooms and peas for lunch with soy sauce. Will have something lighter for dinner. Maybe 2 fish fingers and beans and mashed potato or something like that. Anyhow, just wanted to share with you all.

The other thing is that I was skipping points without realising. Like might have taken a sup of milk and not pointed, or added ketchup to an already pointed dinner and not add it on. And didn't account for milk in my tea. I didn't realise I was doing this. I have a couple of dinners out this week so not going to be perfect so I am aiming to make my good days perfect if that makes sense. Just stick to my points exactly and count everything.

Ok, that's me done! Sorry for going on a bit :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

+2lbs this week. I'm dissapointed but I didn't really expect a loss. Onwards and Downwards. I will be down 5 pounds by Xmas WI.

Slaygal that's great all things considered. You were prepared to be up. And TOTM always adds on a good bit so you are probably down. Hopefully it will catch up next week.

5 is well doable by Christmas weigh-in. I'm hoping to lose 4.5 to get to 10 st. Well actually 5 to get under it. But aiming for the 4.5. We can do it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi everyone,

It's been AGES since I posted last. Weight loss plateau'ed for a long time but back on track tonight. I lost 5.5lbs this week, bringing my total to 104lbs (7st 6lbs) lost since January. I got my 100 lbs certificate!!! I felt like it was going to take forever to get that!

Anyways, aiming for stone number 8 before Xmas! Hope ye are all still losers!

Hi everyone,

It's been AGES since I posted last. Weight loss plateau'ed for a long time but back on track tonight. I lost 5.5lbs this week, bringing my total to 104lbs (7st 6lbs) lost since January. I got my 100 lbs certificate!!! I felt like it was going to take forever to get that!

Anyways, aiming for stone number 8 before Xmas! Hope ye are all still losers!

Inspirational! Any advice and tips would be appreciated...even the tiniest tip or handy suggestion could make the difference!

My days are so long! I get so hungry! I'm not pigging out or anything! I just get hungry so I have to eat! I try to fit in as much water as I can! But in these cold days...water really doesn't do anything to keep me warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Hi everyone,

Anyways, aiming for stone number 8 before Xmas...ers!

Huge congratulations, what an achievement! You must be on top of the world!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Hi all,
    I haven't posted in yonks - went a bit off track ha! Went back to meeting today and am all motivated to get at least 5 lbs off by Christmas.
    I was just wondering - I am following the ProPoints as I track online with weightwatchers.co.uk (doing meetings for extra motivation) - I feel lke I am eating loads with the new plan. Anyone else feel that they are eating alot more than they did on Points?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement