Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Hi everyone,

It's been AGES since I posted last. Weight loss plateau'ed for a long time but back on track tonight. I lost 5.5lbs this week, bringing my total to 104lbs (7st 6lbs) lost since January. I got my 100 lbs certificate!!! I felt like it was going to take forever to get that!

Anyways, aiming for stone number 8 before Xmas! Hope ye are all still losers!

Wow wow wow! Fatewatchers that is so amazing- well done to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Congratulations Fatewatchers, that is an amazing achievement. You're such an inspiration. Millieboo, Propoints doesn't launch in Ireland til January.

I'm struggling to stay within my points at the moment so it's great to hear you feel you're eating loads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Millieboo wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I haven't posted in yonks - went a bit off track ha! Went back to meeting today and am all motivated to get at least 5 lbs off by Christmas.
    I was just wondering - I am following the ProPoints as I track online with weightwatchers.co.uk (doing meetings for extra motivation) - I feel lke I am eating loads with the new plan. Anyone else feel that they are eating alot more than they did on Points?

I'm doing same as you! its taking a little getting used to, I must sit down this weekend now and really plan it into my college days. I'm glad most the fruit is 0 points! :D i had stomach pains first few days cos i hadnt been eating fruit in ages...cos in my head...didnt want to waste points on fruit! LOL

going shopping tomorrow so going to stock up in plenty of pro-point foods and going to start making big bowls of fruit salad! so i can dig into them when i get home from college. kiwi, banana, strawberries! YUM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭suziemcc

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I'm doing same as you! its taking a little getting used to, I must sit down this weekend now and really plan it into my college days. I'm glad most the fruit is 0 points! :D i had stomach pains first few days cos i hadnt been eating fruit in ages...cos in my head...didnt want to waste points on fruit! LOL

going shopping tomorrow so going to stock up in plenty of pro-point foods and going to start making big bowls of fruit salad! so i can dig into them when i get home from college. kiwi, banana, strawberries! YUM!

how can i set up for the online ww pro points system in the uk im dying to try it out.. wud love to start before xmas instead of waiting until it comes here in jan :)

suziemcc wrote: »
    how can i set up for the online ww pro points system in the uk im dying to try it out.. wud love to start before xmas instead of waiting until it comes here in jan :)

I just used my normal irish address but in the section of post code, i googled a london hotel, and used the POST CODE off that address....so according to ww.co.uk I'm in london. They accept Irish credit cards no bother dont need to put in any false information.

Tho...I admit I think i do need the meetings but i just cant fit them in around college. my days are so long! I leave the house at 7.45am!

• Advertisement

I just used my normal irish address but in the section of post code, i googled a london hotel, and used the POST CODE off that address....so according to ww.co.uk I'm in london. They accept Irish credit cards no bother dont need to put in any false information.

Tho...I admit I think i do need the meetings but i just cant fit them in around college. my days are so long! I leave the house at 7.45am!

ye im the same havent time for meetings... do they not need to send u out any information if you join online

ye im the same havent time for meetings... do they not need to send u out any information if you join online

Its all done by email.

*correction to previous information*

In credit card details, then they ask for POST CODE, you again need to give an english post code, I just looked up my registration details to double check.

You can also pay for ww uk online with paypal so makes no difference where your credit card is from.

Its all done by email.

*correction to previous information*

In credit card details, then they ask for POST CODE, you again need to give an english post code, I just looked up my registration details to double check.

You can also pay for ww uk online with paypal so makes no difference where your credit card is from.

ye i tried registering the other night but i dnt think i was doin it right an then i was gettin worried if i gave different postcode that they would need to send stuff out to me that i wouldnt end up recieving then.. i lost a 1lb this week im chuffed as id been at the same weight for the last mth an it was starting to annoy me

ye i tried registering the other night but i dnt think i was doin it right an then i was gettin worried if i gave different postcode that they would need to send stuff out to me that i wouldnt end up recieving then.. i lost a 1lb this week im chuffed as id been at the same weight for the last mth an it was starting to annoy me

Thats great! I've gained at least half stone since college started middle of september! and this morning said enough is enough! Taking back these reins! This day last year I started ww...so its only fitting that i properly restart again.
    Nice new fresh exciting programme to get me motivated again! I got thru last winter! I can get thru this winter!

woohoo just registered lets get the pro points system started :) an ye we'll get throught the winter no bother

• Advertisement

woohoo just registered lets get the pro points system started :) an ye we'll get throught the winter no bother

Only thing is, we cant BUY from the site, they will not ship outside UK,
    I get my Pro-Point things from ebay. Like the electronic calculator, which should arrive monday. i had to pay 25 euro for it! where as its 12 euro sterling on ww site! but i need it! I need the tools to help me stay on track!

Only thing is, we cant BUY from the site, they will not ship outside UK,
    I get my Pro-Point things from ebay. Like the electronic calculator, which should arrive monday. i had to pay 25 euro for it! where as its 12 euro sterling on ww site! but i need it! I need the tools to help me stay on track!

yes i was just looking at calculator there myself must get onto ebay now an get one ordered il defo need that my other calculator is my life in the supermarket ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hey ladies,
    Hope you're all doing well. Just a quick glance through the last few pages and everyone seems to be doing well.

Fatewatchers - you may tell us your top tips. That's fantastic. Are you at goal?

Lady Lainy and Suziemcc - be really interested to hear how you're getting on with the pro-points system. I'm nervous about it tbh...I don't like change.
    I know the current system works for me.

Anyway, quick update...
    Lost 3.5lbs this week. So thrilled with myself. My boyfriend has been in hospital for the last week and between that and work, I hadn't been exercising. But I hadn't been going to far wrong with my food.

Previously when he was in hospital, I "treated" myself with take-aways and junk food. So I think it's a sign of how my mentality has changed, that I didn't do that this time. I "treated" myself by not beating myself up about not exercising! I actually found i'd alot more energy to deal with work and the hour drive to and from the hospital.

Hope everyone has a great weekend ;)

kildareash wrote: »
    Hey ladies,
    Hope you're all doing well. Just a quick glance through the last few pages and everyone seems to be doing well.

Fatewatchers - you may tell us your top tips. That's fantastic. Are you at goal?

Lady Lainy and Suziemcc - be really interested to hear how you're getting on with the pro-points system. I'm nervous about it tbh...I don't like change.
    I know the current system works for me.

Anyway, quick update...
    Lost 3.5lbs this week. So thrilled with myself. My boyfriend has been in hospital for the last week and between that and work, I hadn't been exercising. But I hadn't been going to far wrong with my food.

Previously when he was in hospital, I "treated" myself with take-aways and junk food. So I think it's a sign of how my mentality has changed, that I didn't do that this time. I "treated" myself by not beating myself up about not exercising! I actually found i'd alot more energy to deal with work and the hour drive to and from the hospital.

Hope everyone has a great weekend ;)

Ive literally just started pro points today so im sure it will take awhile for me to get used to it but im excited as ive just been stayin in around the same points for awhile now an its getting annoying... ordered my pro point calculator so that should help... well done on ur weight loss anyone else wud have gained with the week u've had :)

Thats great! I've gained at least half stone since college started middle of september! and this morning said enough is enough! Taking back these reins! This day last year I started ww...so its only fitting that i properly restart again.
    Nice new fresh exciting programme to get me motivated again! I got thru last winter! I can get thru this winter!

lady lainy can u tell me how u have been pointing alcohol on the new programme

lady lainy can u tell me how u have been pointing alcohol on the new programme

Only been on it a week or so, havent actually been drinking yet since starting it so it hasnt come up. try searching for it in the find foods section in the tools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

I don't know how this happened but I lost 4 pound this week and got to goal which I didn't think would happen until Christmas if I was lucky, I did nothing amazing this week, just jogged everyday and kept to my points, well im not going to question it im delighted

now have a healthy BMI woo
    Im now 9 stone 7 woo

67 pounds gone in 7 months... it flew in tbh.. its not over yet, gotta try maintain it FOREVER :P

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭corriefan

wow alpha that is amazing weight loss and in such a short time, well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Congrats alpha, you are my idol!! I am going to get where you are some day..and soon!!

Just for anyone done pro points re the calculator.. If you have an iPhone/iPod touch u can dowload iWatcher from the app store. It has a calculator which converts to eu or us points. The eu points are calculated by entering the calories and saturated fat, but the us points are calculated by entering calories, total fat and fibre values. If I'm not mistaken, this is how pro-points are calculated?? I track on my phone so find this useful, you can also calculate bonus points for the existing points system and add them to your daily points allowance...

KayTee wrote: »
    Congrats alpha, you are my idol!! I am going to get where you are some day..and soon!!

Just for anyone done pro points re the calculator.. If you have an iPhone/iPod touch u can dowload iWatcher from the app store. It has a calculator which converts to eu or us points. The eu points are calculated by entering the calories and saturated fat, but the us points are calculated by entering calories, total fat and fibre values. If I'm not mistaken, this is how pro-points are calculated?? I track on my phone so find this useful, you can also calculate bonus points for the existing points system and add them to your daily points allowance...

yeah i was looking at those apps, I dont think the american system in use at the moment is the Pro-points system. Its similar but not the same.

Pro-Points is Protein, Carbs, Fat, Fiber, Its a totally New system system as far as i know.

But the suggestion is greatly appricicated Kay-Tee. Every Little Helps x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I don't know how this happened but I lost 4 pound this week and got to goal which I didn't think would happen until Christmas if I was lucky, I did nothing amazing this week, just jogged everyday and kept to my points, well im not going to question it im delighted

now have a healthy BMI woo
    Im now 9 stone 7 woo

67 pounds gone in 7 months... it flew in tbh.. its not over yet, gotta try maintain it FOREVER :P

:D:D:D

Fantastic alpha! Inspirational! I'm so happy for you!

Muirgheal wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Fantastic alpha! Inspirational! I'm so happy for you!

thanks everyone, I have always been the one who would diet and just give up, I was sick of being known as the big girl out of my friends, and thought enough was enough

I know I stopped going to WW after 2 months of my diet but I wouldn't of done it without this thread thanks guys, you have really inspired me and kept me going all the times that I was ready to give up

I'm still going to be sticking with this thread because I dont want to fall off the wagin

Thanks Everyone

yeah i was looking at those apps, I dont think the american system in use at the moment is the Pro-points system. Its similar but not the same.

Pro-Points is Protein, Carbs, Fat, Fiber, Its a totally New system system as far as i know.

But the suggestion is greatly appricicated Kay-Tee. Every Little Helps x

My mistake LL! I haven't really looked into pro-points, just going by what I seen here. It seems complicated, but if I was able to come to understand 1 system, I guess I'll get this one eventually as well!

Alpha, u are brilliant! I bet you feel it too. Did you find the last stone very difficult to shift? I just have it in my head that I can lose it if I put my mind to it, yet never seriously do. If I got to half a pound under 10st I would be so delighted. I just can't seem to motivate myself for that!!

My mistake LL! I haven't really looked into pro-points, just going by what I seen here. It seems complicated, but if I was able to come to understand 1 system, I guess I'll get this one eventually as well!

Alpha, u are brilliant! I bet you feel it too. Did you find the last stone very difficult to shift? I just have it in my head that I can lose it if I put my mind to it, yet never seriously do. If I got to half a pound under 10st I would be so delighted. I just can't seem to motivate myself for that!!

the last 10 pound was VERY hard to shift, took me ages but I knew I would eventually lose it because id come so far, I wasn't going to rush myself so sometimes id go 2 weeks without losing, then gain then lose it because when I got close to goal, my body began getting use to everything, my exercise regime, my diet etc so I had to change everything so my body was kept guessing and then I was back losing 2 pound a week, but just keep motivated, it annoyed me that I was within touching distance but not there yet but its now happened and it will for you too

Starting today alpha! You have me super focused now!

yeah the new system is pretty hi-tech but i think thats a good thing. that means there is real science behind it. I dont have a clue how things are worked out. every label i read...i run to the computer and check it in the ww pro points calculator on the uk website. cant wait to get my electronic calculator. that means i can point my lunch at college.

I was up a lb this week....BUT thats cos i've been lazy! and i've been stuffing my face with toast! i actually threw out a whole loaf of bread last night cos i knew i'd eat it if i didnt get rid of it. I know as well i havent been drinking nearly enough water and my body is mistaking that for hunger pains.

Sunday! fresh start! I've also started the 30 day workout challenge on my Wii. Boy its tough! be interested if it works. I should be finished it week before christmas! So if it works ye can all put it on the wish list.

okay,

so today is the first day since starting the new system i've really pulled out all the stops. I'm point EVERY single thing! Making the right choices. and you know what.....i have so much energy! I have no hunger pangs! I'm feeling comfortably satisfied!

I've been drinking water like its going out of fashion I figure if i cant get enough water in me during the week, i gotta make up for it at weekends.

Breakfast
    Oatmeal 30g + slimline milk 170ml
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha
    2 Pints of water

7 pro points
    3 slices (75g) of Shaws Deli Ham
    Lettuce, Onion, Cucumber
    1 custard cream biscuit
    2 pints of water

10 pro points
    Aldi Chow Mein pouch (120g)
    1 pint of water

17 pro points

I still have 10 daily pro points to use :D Plus 3 excercise pro-points :D

I have a daily of 44 propoints, plus a weekly treat budget of 49 points i can use when and how ever i like, daily points can not be rolled over to next day or saved you use them or lose them.

I must have been constantly dehydrated, cos today i've made my self drink the water i am totally energised and not one bit hunger and I have 0 cravings what so ever for anything! And I've been doing work outs on the Wii with a fitness game...which trust me is draining and sweaty both days this weekend....and even after that I still had energy to get a LOADS of college work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Hey there,
    Has anyone got an email address for the WW HQ in Ireland, website only ever gives postal address, whereas UK site has loads of email addresses. Just have a concern i would prefer to communicate with them than with the leader.
    Thanks
    Eimear

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hey there,
    Has anyone got an email address for the WW HQ in Ireland, website only ever gives postal address, whereas UK site has loads of email addresses. Just have a concern i would prefer to communicate with them than with the leader.
    Thanks
    Eimear

No sorry don't know an email contact, they operate over the phones.

I'm curious as to what the issue is. but if you don't wish to discuss that's perfectly understandable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

No sorry don't know an email contact, they operate over the phones.

I'm curious as to what the issue is. but if you don't wish to discuss that's perfectly understandable

Actually maybe some members here could let me know whether i am over-reacting or what!
    I attend meetings in several locations due to shift work, attended one meeting in Dublin on 2 occasions and leader took my email address for newsletter, its usually quite informative and helpful. However today this leader, in what i can only assume is a mistake, sent a "joke" email to everyone on the WW mailing list. The "joke" in question was actually poking fun at overweight people in a very cruel way.
    As i said, i presume she sent to the wrong mailing list, but it came from her free email account which names WW in the username.
    Am i over-reacting to think this woman is poking fun at her own customers behind their backs or is she maybe thinking this would spur people on to lose weight???
    Was thinking if they have email contact i could forward and see what they think. But am i taking this too seriously?
    Eimear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement