Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

eimear1 wrote: »
    Actually maybe some members here could let me know whether i am over-reacting or what!
    I attend meetings in several locations due to shift work, attended one meeting in Dublin on 2 occasions and leader took my email address for newsletter, its usually quite informative and helpful. However today this leader, in what i can only assume is a mistake, sent a "joke" email to everyone on the WW mailing list. The "joke" in question was actually poking fun at overweight people in a very cruel way.
    As i said, i presume she sent to the wrong mailing list, but it came from her free email account which names WW in the username.
    Am i over-reacting to think this woman is poking fun at her own customers behind their backs or is she maybe thinking this would spur people on to lose weight???
    Was thinking if they have email contact i could forward and see what they think. But am i taking this too seriously?
    Eimear

hmmmm that does sound rather inappropriate alright. as you said, we can only assume she sent it to the wrong mailing list! well I'm sure she wouldnt mind you emailing her back just asking

"was that intended for weight watchers people?"

If it was....well im sure it was meant in a funny off beat motivation way, if she retracts in horror and apologises....well then i believe you should contact the ww HQ. Are there any weight watchers centres in dublin you could pop into? Check the dublin location listings for meetings held in Weight Watchers Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    hmmmm that does sound rather inappropriate alright. as you said, we can only assume she sent it to the wrong mailing list! well I'm sure she wouldnt mind you emailing her back just asking

"was that intended for weight watchers people?"

If it was....well im sure it was meant in a funny off beat motivation way, if she retracts in horror and apologises....well then i believe you should contact the ww HQ. Are there any weight watchers centres in dublin you could pop into? Check the dublin location listings for meetings held in Weight Watchers Centre.
    Yeah my first instinct was to email her back like that but the more i think about it the more pissed off i get - seriously, it was a picture of a very large woman swimming naked, everything on show, and proclaiming they'd tracked down the Michelin Man's mother - just rechecked and she sent it from her personal email to her WW email in order to send it so was obviously intended for WW members.
    Never heard of any Weight Watcher centres in Dublin, might just write them a letter! Weird sense of humour if she thought it would be motivating!
    Thanks for your reply Lady Lainey!
    Eimear

eimear1 wrote: »
    Yeah my first instinct was to email her back like that but the more i think about it the more pissed off i get - seriously, it was a picture of a very large woman swimming naked, everything on show, and proclaiming they'd tracked down the Michelin Man's mother - just rechecked and she sent it from her personal email to her WW email in order to send it so was obviously intended for WW members.
    Never heard of any Weight Watcher centres in Dublin, might just write them a letter! Weird sense of humour if she thought it would be motivating!
    Thanks for your reply Lady Lainey!
    Eimear

01 870 3900 or Low call 1850 234 123

ring them! give them hell...that really not acceptable...I would be offended...your paying money....only to be taunted and expected to take it in good nature!

01 870 3900 or Low call 1850 234 123

ring them! give them hell...that really not acceptable...I would be offended...your paying money....only to be taunted and expected to take it in good nature!
    Thanks for those numbers Lainy, will ring them first thing, will let you know how i get on!
    Eimear

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Eimear- I definitely agree with Lainey here- ring and give 'em hell.

I have had enough of those jokes. It is incredible that one has been forwarded on by a ww leader - someone who was supposed to have been in the same position we are in at one time!?! That is so many kinds of inappropriate I can't fathom it.

Let us know how you get on please- cause whatever about an individual leader f**king up, I will be very interested in how the organisation reacts.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Muirgheal wrote: »
    Eimear- I definitely agree with Lainey here- ring and give 'em hell.

I have had enough of those jokes. It is incredible that one has been forwarded on by a ww leader - someone who was supposed to have been in the same position we are in at one time!?! That is so many kinds of inappropriate I can't fathom it.

Let us know how you get on please- cause whatever about an individual leader f**king up, I will be very interested in how the organisation reacts.

Thanks.
    Thanks for that Muirgheal, will definitely let you know - was about to email and let her know what i thought of her messed up sense of humour, then i thought that would just give her a heads-up and time to get her excuses ready - am gonna cause bloody mayhem now!!!
    Eimear

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

That's terrible, I would definitely follow it up and let us know how you get on. It sounds like she intended it for WW people if she forwarded from her personal. That could really upset some people and I don't see how it helps motivation.

Weekend was a DISASTER! Just three bad days in a row. So annoyed with myself. And I am finding I am not exercising at all. It's just laziness. I can run and no it will help but just not getting off the bum to get out and do it. Will definitely pay at weigh in tomorrow. My aim this week is definitely to exercise. How do you motivate yourself to jog every day Alpha? When do you do it. I am finding it hard to go after work with evenings cold and dark but I have to get over it.

Hey girls, Rang them first thing, the lady who handles complaints was not available for the morning, they offered to get her to ring me back or i could leave the complaint with reception. Got her email address instead, so have written the whole thing down, was afraid i'd get all angry on the phone so now they have all the details in business-like way, and i have it all in writing.
    Will let you know when i get reply
    E

Just got reply to my email, lady in charge of complaints states she is personally "horrified at the idea" asked me to forward the email and my phone numbers, is going to investigate and get back to me by phone
    Off to work now so will let you know tonight if i hear anything back
    x x

That's good to know that they are at least following up on it. Fingers crossed something will come of it. Can't have leaders with that little cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum just decided to pop in and say that I lost 1.5 lbs today woohoo!
    BTW horrified by that e-mail and would love to know what happens when the lady from WW investigates it!

K xx :)

has anyone had to deal with sabatures? Someone in your household trying to set you up to fail.

I' convinced my mum wants me to fail! And takes pleasure when something goes wrong for me in my weight loss journey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

has anyone had to deal with sabatures? Someone in your household trying to set you up to fail.

I' convinced my mum wants me to fail! And takes pleasure when something goes wrong for me in my weight loss journey!

in a way, my bf didn't want me on the diet, he would do anything in his power for me to give up, try and convince me to have chiper etc.. or leave chocolate around the house but he eventually gave up after he knew I wasn't going to give in, its dis-heartening though but you need to keep at it, and prove her wrong, she must be someone who has dieted before and failed, is that right ?

alpha2010 wrote: »
    in a way, my bf didn't want me on the diet, he would do anything in his power for me to give up, try and convince me to have chiper etc.. or leave chocolate around the house but he eventually gave up after he knew I wasn't going to give in, its dis-heartening though but you need to keep at it, and prove her wrong, she must be someone who has dieted before and failed, is that right ?

I think she doesn't want the attention taken away from her weight loss and achievements. I've caught her talking about me. how i'm not going to stick at it. and how I've broken equipment cos i'm too heavy! She'll constantly fill the house with my favourite breads and give out how its not being eaten, then give out when i do have a slice of toast! just stupid things like that. I'm prob over re-acting. just having a really ****ty day! cos treadmill broke thru no fault of my own cos i haven't even been using it cos im too busy and she's blaming me that i clearly must be too heavy for it! I haven't used it in weeks...she's the one using it!

She wont take me shopping, i might get 10 mins in aldi every second week if I'm really really lucky or if put stuff on the shopping list she'll get the wrong thing or not get it at all.

I live in the country, and don't drive. I have to get taxi to supermarket to get stuff...and she'll give out about that. She wants me to fail so she she's the centre of attention...its impossible to keep motived with such a negative bitter energy around!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Trish21

Eimear1,
    I received that email from the weight watchers leader today as well. I normally dont go that class, I was just visiting on a few occasions. I was really horrified considering that as a weight watchers leader she should be supportive and encouraging good body image. The email was totally out of order and if I was one of her regular members, I would definitely think twice about going to her meeting as it came across that she was poking fun at larger people. Could you please forward me on the email address you received from weight watcher in a private message?
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Please do not publicly post the name, email or any other way of identifying this leader who sent the email.

This could be a case of their account being hacked as it would seem very strange that a WW leader would do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

I think she doesn't want the attention taken away from her weight loss and achievements. I've caught her talking about me. how i'm not going to stick at it. and how I've broken equipment cos i'm too heavy! She'll constantly fill the house with my favourite breads and give out how its not being eaten, then give out when i do have a slice of toast! just stupid things like that. I'm prob over re-acting. just having a really ****ty day! cos treadmill broke thru no fault of my own cos i haven't even been using it cos im too busy and she's blaming me that i clearly must be too heavy for it! I haven't used it in weeks...she's the one using it!

She wont take me shopping, i might get 10 mins in aldi every second week if I'm really really lucky or if put stuff on the shopping list she'll get the wrong thing or not get it at all.

I live in the country, and don't drive. I have to get taxi to supermarket to get stuff...and she'll give out about that. She wants me to fail so she she's the centre of attention...its impossible to keep motived with such a negative bitter energy around!

aww that sounds horrible, that would really put anyone off their diet completely. But you need to prove her wrong. and let her get jealous when you eventually hit your target weight, she should be encouraging you not putting you down but I do know how it feels, I have been there.

you need to say it to her, like she has lost weight herself so she knows how hard it is, and you dont need someone trying to ruin it for you. My advice is to have it out with her and ask her what her problem is, she is your Mother and she should be helping you along the way.. thats horrible her saying you broke the threadmill, it seems like she is throwing all her insecurities on you. it was probably her who broke it but thought it would be easier to blame you

definitely just sit down and talk to her and tell her your finding it hard with the diet and that she isn't helping..

sorry for the crazy ranting! is very tired! barriers are down at the moment so feeling crappy

* night all*

Are you my secret twin- my mother is exactly the same when I go home! Thankfully I'm only around her 3 days a week, so I totally admire your willpower/perseverance in getting so far with that attitude behind you!

Give yourself a pat on the back- seriously!

The week that my loss really became noticeable, my mother piled so much food on my plate it started to fall off the sides!

My brother copped what she was at- he deadpanned "Mam, you're supposed to serve us all on different plates!" Dad nearly choked himself laughing- but the three of us ate from what she had put on my plate!

That is really minor in comparison- but it annoyed the hell out of me!

I think it's the feeling that she only looks "thin" in comparison to me being "fat"- and now I'm losing the fat she's getting worried she's not going to look so skinny any more.

Trish21 wrote: »
    Eimear1,
    I received that email from the weight watchers leader today as well. I normally dont go that class, I was just visiting on a few occasions. I was really horrified considering that as a weight watchers leader she should be supportive and encouraging good body image. The email was totally out of order and if I was one of her regular members, I would definitely think twice about going to her meeting as it came across that she was poking fun at larger people. Could you please forward me on the email address you received from weight watcher in a private message?
    Many thanks
    Hi all, just an update on the offensive email situation - no worries rubadub, won't be naming anyone!! Hope its ok to pass on contact details (by PM) for the WW HQ to other recipients who may wish to contact HQ? Although if this is not allowed just let me know, thanks.
    Unfortunately it does appear that the leader in question did pass this on herself, from what WW told me this morning, as she did not offer any excuse or claim to have been hacked.
    Everyone who received the email has been sent an email from HQ stating the following:

"On behalf of Weight Watchers Ireland

Dear member,

We have received a complaint pertaining to the content of an email you may have received from one of our leaders. Weight Watchers Ireland do not in any way condone the insensitive and offensive content of this email. We are appalled by the lack of judgment by the leader in question. Please be assured that we are taking this matter very seriously and are currently in the process of conducting a full investigation."

Then received a phone call from the lady i emailed this morning. She is genuinely horrified and the entire office appears to be in uproar over it - as you probably know all staff members are weightwatchers themselves so they are just as offended!
    Investigation is underway, led by Managing Director, and they have promised to let me know the outcome.

Thanks for all the support guys, will let you know when i hear more.
    Eimear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 nanofano

I've returned to WW's after a year break , first weigh in tomorrow. I've been so good, hope i lose weight!
    This thread is really good, more info on here than the WW official website :)

nanofano wrote: »
    I've returned to WW's after a year break , first weigh in tomorrow. I've been so good, hope i lose weight!
    This thread is really good, more info on here than the WW official website :)
    Hey Nanofano,
    Best of luck tomoro - well done for getting back to it after a year, i kept putting it off for ages, so glad i did it in the end!
    Yeah the irish website isn't great, i usually go to the UK site if i need proper info, it's much better!
    Eimear

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arfheabhas

Well weighed in yesterday and lost 2 1/4 lb's. First silver 7 albeit one I am awarding myself.

Would love to lose another 4-5lb's for Xmas so will aim for that but not going to stress if its less cos either way i'll be down a dress size for the January sales!

Hi all, weigh in tonight. Gonna be a major disaster. Was himming and hawing about whether or not to go and then my leader text me to say hope it is good and see you tonight. Replied saying it was a bad week but was still going to face the weigh in. So I'm stuck now. Hope it won't be too awful but can't see any good coming of it.

Just wanted to share a lunch idea with you. I just had it and it was gorgeous, and stuffed to the brim I am!! You can get these Crispbreads in the Tescos light choices range (in cracker section of shop). They are 1/2 point each, really light and yummy. I chopped up loads of crunch veg (celery, peppers, radishes, cucumber) and mixed a little philadelphia extra light and chilli sauce in and put it on the breads. It was lovely. I also had zero point soup as I will be eating late tonight. Lots of veg but all zero. I had the chunky italian veg one. Anyhow, that's my tip for the day :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Pink chick that sounds yum! Have you tried the tesco Dutch crispbreads(maybe that's what u are talking about)? They are also half a point, and lovely toasted with a little butter and jam and a cup of tea! Good luck for tonights weigh in, it may not be as bad as you think, fingers crossed!

Weighed in at lunch time there, and was down 2.5 lbs. I'm thrilled! The hard work is paying off, and last weeks glitch was due to totm, so I'm glad it didn't upset me altogether. That usually happens when I've been doing week but gain, so I'm glad I stuck to it this week

That's terrible business about the email. Well done Eimear for bringing it to the authorities that be. I can only imagine how upset it has made a lit of people feel. How would you respect or trust that leader again?

I have no experience of saboteurs, and no advice really, just to stay focussed to your goal ladies, I know it's not easy, and you really would hope to have the support of those closest to you. Chins up!
    Well done ardfheabhas, you are doing brilliantly. Keep it up!

Hi KayTee, yep I think that's what they are called. They almost seem they are toasted and are really light and crispy.

Well done on your loss, 2.5 lbs is brilliant!

Thanks for the good luck wishes. In a way I hope it is bad because I deserve it! Sometimes I think it's good to see that being bold affects you. But either way, I feel a lot more motivated this week and am determined to do exercise too. So many benefits and only reason not to is laziness! Hopefully I can make up for the boldness this week and get back on track to lose my 5lbs for Christmas weigh in.

Well done arfheabhas and KayTee- and well done PinkChick for facing the meeting regardless of the outcome!

WI at lunchtime- down 3 1/2 lbs. Made up for last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Down .5lb this evening, I tracked, was good points wise but only exercised one day. Exercise is the key. I wanted to loose more but will take it & run!

Great inspiration here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 nanofano

thanks eimer1, was down 8lbs - yay!

• Advertisement

nanofano wrote: »
    thanks eimer1, was down 8lbs - yay!

Oh my God that's fantastic!!! Well done you!

Had a few run-ins with saboteurs the last time i was in WW a few years ago, some of my friends were around the same size as me and i suppose we fed into each others delusion that we were fine as we were and could afford to pig out! So when i started losing weight, i suppose they kinda felt i was betraying them! Just had to make sure they knew it wasn't because i didn't enjoy their company or friendship but because my doc had told me i was endangering my health.
    This time round i suppose we're all a bit more mature and one of my friends is going too - she was the one who spurred me into going back in fact!

I'm a stone and half down so far, hope to make that 2st by Xmas, and 3st sometime next year. Only found this thread in the last few days and its great - thanks for all the support guys and best of luck with your weigh-ins this week!

Eimear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement