Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

eimear1 and nanofano, you are both doing amazing!! well done, you should be so proud of yourselves. this thread is great, i find it to be brilliant because you feel that people are wondering how you did if that makes sense!

i went last night and was up 0.5. happy enough all things considered. i think its important when you have a bad week to see the results on the scales! makes me realise i cant get away with it.

foundry that is so true about exercise. i did none last week. this week i am going to try and do at least three runs and hope that will help me catch up. am pretty determined points wise so even if i have one or two less than perfect days, i am hoping the running will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi all,
    Been reading the posts over the last few days, but haven't had a chance to post.
    I'm totally shocked that a WW leader could send around an offensive e-mail like that. Fair play to Eimear for doing the right thing and bringing it to the attention of HQ. Hopefully they will deal with the matter appropriately.

Everyone seems to be doing really well this week - congrats all! We're all very focused for Christmas!

WI tonight, haven't done much exercise, but haven't been bad food wise. Fingers crossed the results are ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Wow Eimear1 ! what an amazing loss very well done :)
    Have my WI tonight, I've been ok food wise but like you Pink Chick didn't manage to exercise as much as I would have. This if I can stay the same I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Slaygal if it makes you feel better I wasn't ok food wise :-) The weekend I was so bad, I undid the few good days and then some.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 EJKING

Hey everyone! Haven't posted in a while but still always checking in to read the updates...
    I was hoping someone might be able to offer some advise.. I FINALLY reached goal this morning and am over the moon!!! Just in time too for a shopping weekend with some friends ;)
    The only thing is my leader mentioned that i'll need to maintain for a few weeks and then I can get a gold card.. I'm not really sure though how long I need to do the 'maintenance' for and whether or not it's ok for me to put on any weight in the next few weeks (very possible considering I'm off to Dublin this weekend with the girls ;)
    I had planned asking my leader these things after the meeting but I had to rush off to work.. If anyone could help with those questions I'd really appreciate it.

Best of luck everyone in the last few weeks before Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 hopefulloser

Hey! :) congrats on reaching goal!! my leader told me that you have to come back for 3 weeks and maintain and I think there's 5lbs leeway of your goalweight either way! hope that's right and helps :) congrats again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Just back from WI -1.5lbs :) I was hoping for 2lbs down but a loss is a loss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey Everyone! Well done on all your weight loss!

I just joined Weight Watchers 3 weeks ago (am starting Week 4 today) and so far lost 12.5lbs, lost 3lbs last night.

Have about 7 stone to go, but just taking it 1 stone at a time.

Have my Graduation tonight and I would say there is going to be a lot of alcohol consumed, I just hope I can stay within my saved points (16) and stay on the Vodka and diet drinks. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 EJKING

Cheers hopefulloser, thanks for the info.. three weeks ain't so bad!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

EJKING wrote: »
    I FINALLY reached goal this morning and am over the moon!!!

That's fantastic- congratulations!

... and well done to all our losers! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Yay, went to WI this morning thinking I would prob be up - but I lost 2 lbs! That makes 13 - only I more to my first stone! I say first cos I'm determined to lose another one. In WW before I always lose commitment at this stage so please God I can keep going! I'm inspired by the stories I read here - yez are all brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Woohoo - WI today, down another 2 lbs, so delighted, was only through food control as haven't had time for much exercising this week (anyone else ever wish you could give up work and all other responsibilities just to concentrate properly on this!!!?)

eimear1 wrote: »
    Woohoo - WI today, down another 2 lbs, so delighted, was only through food control as haven't had time for much exercising this week (anyone else ever wish you could give up work and all other responsibilities just to concentrate properly on this!!!?)

I have dreams about this.....

Well done on the loss!

Selandia- good on you, you'll have over the stone next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

anyone else ever wish you could give up work and all other responsibilities just to concentrate properly on this!!!?

I was lucky enough to have 4 months off from college this summer and thats how I lost my weight so quickly and easily but the minute it hit September, I was only losing half pound here and gaining etc... but great loss this week Congrats.. I'm on maintenance now and I do WW at home, so when should I weigh myself, I feel like I want to continue doing it every week just to know where I stand but then I dont want to be too controlled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Thank god this week is over! I have been frazzeled all week cos of a nightmare work placement for college! But finally its the weekend! I have rest, relax, SLEEP, and re-tune my focus.

Feet up tonigt with lo-cal hot chocolate and the toy show i think. and sleep in tomorrow! Not sure where I was reading it, but Sleep is a vital part of a healthy weight loss plan. I believe it! I know if i don't sleep I will crash and burn and nose dive off the "ww wagon".

enjoy your friday nights all.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Hi everyone,
    Been following this thread for quite a while now and it seems to be very supportive, so decided to finally join up

Have been a ww member countless times over the years and re-joined yet again earlier this year hopefully for the last time :rolleyes:

Seems to have finally 'clicked' this time, down 3 & a half stone so far :) with a long way still to go but beginning to believe that I CAN do it this time.

Well done Eimear...
    I definately wish all I had to concentrate on was WW.

The last two weeks have been crazy...boyf has been in hospital for 10 days, work is extra busy and about to get busier.
    When I first joined we took turns cooking...well whoever was home first put the dinner on and I was able to concentrate on getting in exercise every day. Plus it didn't get dark till much later.
    I'm really struggling now that it's dark when I'm leaving work and I have to come home and sort out dinner before going for a walk.
    Was planning on doing a long one this morning, but Mother Nature had other ideas.
    was up a half this week and was a little bit disappointed, because although I hadnt done much exercise, my food choices had been good enough.

Sorry for long post.

the snow is here which means I cant go jogging, im snapping because I didnt go thursday or friday because those days are my days off... Im prob gonna risk it and try jog in the snow :P I HAVE TO

Kildareash, hang in there- it's really tough having to juggle all that you have going on.
    alpha2010 wrote: »
    the snow is here which means I cant go jogging, im snapping because I didnt go thursday or friday because those days are my days off... Im prob gonna risk it and try jog in the snow :P I HAVE TO

Please be careful- I fell in the ice last December and it's still causing me bother.

Muirgheal wrote: »
    Kildareash, hang in there- it's really tough having to juggle all that you have going on.

Please be careful- I fell in the ice last December and it's still causing me bother.

ill just go out in a bit and see sure if i cant jog ill just walk for an hour or so

• Advertisement

Thanks muirgheal, feel better after my little moan.
    I suppose we all hit sticky patches but it's learning not to pick up the crisps and chocolates this time that's the hard part.

Alpha, please be careful if u do go out today. It wld be alot worse to miss one days run than a few weeks!

kildareash wrote: »
    Thanks muirgheal, feel better after my little moan.
    I suppose we all hit sticky patches but it's learning not to pick up the crisps and chocolates this time that's the hard part.

Alpha, please be careful if u do go out today. It wld be alot worse to miss one days run than a few weeks!

awh it was grand in the end, me and my bf went out for a jog along the canal it was easy to jog on the snow because it wasn't touched at all :)

thank god its nearly sunday! had a terrible week! blaaaah! i'm such a junk food addict! Grrrr!

4lbs by xmas i'd be happy! MUST THINK POSITIVELY!

Wish me luck (i REALLY need it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Meant to check into say I lost a stone in 3.5weeks on propoints. I loved it, found i was never hungry. I have three to go but made a flying start and it didn't feel like dieting.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Meant to check into say I lost a stone in 3.5weeks on propoints. I loved it, found i was never hungry. I have three to go but made a flying start and it didn't feel like dieting.

Wow, that is fantastic, well done! Jerk up the good work :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Wow, that is fantastic, well done! Keep up the good work :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXbusybeeXx

Hi everyone,

Im just wondering if someone can help me work out my pro points allowance I stopped going to the meetings in the summer as it became to hard to get to them because of work/college.

I was allowed 18 points on the old system Im 5'3 21years old and 9 stonne 8 pounds can someone tell me my pro point allowance? I really want to get to 9 stonne before christmas so want to do this right.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Im just wondering if someone can help me work out my pro points allowance I stopped going to the meetings in the summer as it became to hard to get to them because of work/college.

I was allowed 18 points on the old system Im 5'3 21years old and 9 stonne 8 pounds can someone tell me my pro point allowance? I really want to get to 9 stonne before christmas so want to do this right.

Thanks.

I just used your data in my propoints electronic calculator,

Youll be on 29 daily propoints, and 49 bonus weekly propoints,

Here is a link for working out the propoints of foods,

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arfheabhas

Well done to all the losers!!

Weigh in today- down 2 1/4 lbs and 10 1/2 over all.

Hopefully i'll be down 3 1/2 before xmas weigh in and reach the stone!

Good luck to everyone this wk!

• Advertisement

this snow is killing me, Im gonna catch my death out jogging in the snow :( I have only gone twice but Im eating so much because its soo boring being stuck in :( couldn't even go to college today :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement