Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

hey just wondering how much and what kind of exercise people are doing to get a consistent loss?

I just want 1 - 1.5lbs a week! I need Slow and steady continuous losses

I've gained about 1/2 stone since starting back at college (18th September)
    :(:(:(

I'm eating healthy in general, tho admittedly I have been going over my points far to often for my liking! I'm sitting at the computer ALOT of HOURS...snacking & toast late at night, are my downfalls!

But as of this week I'm pointing religiously...to the best of my ability!
    so far...2 good days!

I'm trying to approach ww from this week, as tho I'm totally new to it, cos i was SO good in the beginning! Hoping it re-motivates me.

God I'd love 4lbs by xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Lainey- why not just focus on continuing to point religiously for the rest of the week? I mean, don't worry if you're over points, just write it all down as accurately and honestly as you can.

Personally I find that's my starting point. The weeks I've gained are the weeks I wasn't as careful with my tracking. At my lowest, I expect nothing more from myself than that I will track carefully, and I normally work out ok.

Exercise wise, I joined curves and it's a level I can maintain. I have a long standing injury so the machines suit me, and I just know that I'm not going to commit to going on a walk these freezing days, I don't swim and wild horses will never get me to run.

Having said all that, ask me if that still holds tomorrow- have had a cold since Thurs and I have used an entire jar of honey, 300g sugar and a 750ml bottle of whiskey since. <hot whiskeys- I think cloves and lemon are zero points>

That was all of course completely medicinal and involved no pleasure what.so.ever! ;)

BTW- found this recipe in the Cooking club this week

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056090126

I point the entire pot at 6 1/2 <old> points, not inc rice or flatbreads, and using a small tub low fat natural yogurt and spices, rather than curry paste.

So handy, filling and warming these snowy days!

I think I shall be watching our cooking friends more closely- this is a perfect gem.

Mind you, some of the recipes they have there are so calorie laden I put on a pound just reading them!

Yeah that's what I've been doing last two days (the last two good days)...and i think its mentally kicking in. I'm MAKING my self write every single thing down and its making me second guess my choices.

what used to happen to me...ALOT was...i'd be good...then i'd blow it....and fall off the wagon for one meal...then just go "ah f*ck well ive blown it for the day now, might as well have that toasted cheese sandwich now...might as well have two of them while I'm at it"

Think your write, just going to focus on the food and nutrition part...then next week start working in 2 -3 sessions of about 40 minutes. Though I really only have time for exercise at weekends. Do you think i'll get results from weekend workouts, all the experts say to kinda spread it out throughout the week.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Though I really only have time for exercise at weekends. Do you think i'll get results from weekend workouts, all the experts say to kinda spread it out throughout the week.

I really know nothing about exercise, but I think that even if you can't spread it through the week, anything you get done is a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Down 1.5 lbs again this week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 nanofano

Does anybody know if any of the meetings are cancelled in dublin because of the bad weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

There seem to be a few cancelled
    Mine was cancelled today

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Lambchops65

Hi there,

Well I have recently shed 1 stone in weight :D (purely by cutting out chocolate bars - but I was eating 5-6 a day, every day!). Am delighted with the results but now want to get a grasp on healthier eating. I have around another 5 lbs left to lose..

Was in ww last year and found it really good, so going to just try and point foods at home and see how I get on.

Today wasn't great so far:

Brekkie:
    Kellogs choc chip elevenses bar 3 pts
    fat free yogurt(forgot to point) 2 pts ?
    Water

Lunch:
    M&S COU prawn wrap 3.5 pts
    M&S COU crisps 1.5 pts

Dinner:
    Dunno yet , something like stir fry veg (0 pts)
    noodles 3 pts
    sauce 1.5 pts
    options hot choc with s/milk 0.5 pts

evening snack:
    orange 0.5 pts

Can someone give me some guidance. How can I make some improvements? I don't eat meat or drink tea/coffee.

Thanks. LC :cool:

3 good days in a row so far!

i'm dipping into my treat pro points every night, but i'm WELL within my weekly allowance! :D I'm eating about 49 propoints a day :)

I'm on 44 daily propoints, with 49 weekly propoints,

I'm spreading the treat points throughout the week....rather than splurging...and it seems to be working for me :D I using my treat points on skinny coffees :D

• Advertisement

Lambchops65: Well done on your loss so far. When you say today wasn't great so far, maybe some more protein? I'd have an egg or beans for breakfast- those bars are not very satisfying or filling. Try making your own lunch also, rather than buying prepacked stuff, which is also not very satisfying or filling. Or else have a zero point salad to fill it out.

WI today, down half a pound (bloody shock with all the hot whiskeys I had in the last few days)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hello everyone,ye all seem to be doin well!! haven't went in a couple of weeks,would like to try pro points,think its starting in jan,a change might give me a boost to GO FOR IT again........................................

• Registered Users Posts: 39 nanofano

nanofano wrote: »
    Does anybody know if any of the meetings are cancelled in dublin because of the bad weather?

Received text from my leader today telling me the meeting was going ahead. Took me over an hour and a half to get there but i went and lost 2lbs, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

hey guys ,

im looking for a nice ww no point s soup recipe ? i have the butternut squash one but i just cant seem to find another one thats nice and tasty. seem to be eating loads of soup due to the whether and would love to be able to make my own. any ideas or recipes ?

thanks a mill

cat

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

I make the chunky Italian veg one. Its just turnip, carrots and celery all chopped into big cubes, tin of tomatoes, stock and herbs. Very tasty. You can add onion as well but the soup won't keep as long then.

I feel I do have to say thanks to everyone for putting up with my up and down posts. I just so frustrated and this is the only place I feel can understand my battle.

I have ALOT to loose...I have alot of things going against me. So sometimes stupid things like.....my mother not buying the write bread just sends me over the edge.

I have underactive thyroid which means I have a slow metabolism, really hard to loose weight and.....SO easy to gain it. Plus means I have feck all energy levels and i find it really hard to get and stay warm cos my body cant process the energy from food properly to keep me warm...and what do we do when we're cold....EAT...

But so far....I've been REALLY REALLY GOOD! I actually can't wait to weight in sunday. I've been pro pointing religiously. And been using my calculator in front of ppl to show that i'm trying to be good.

I can only adjust my calculator data on sundays, but before I set it up for my self for the week, If anyone would like me to work out there pro-points PM me your Age, height, weight and I'd be happy do it.

Sunday is the only day I can do it, cos if i change data mid week i'll lose all my tracking data

I feel I do have to say thanks to everyone for putting up with my up and down posts. I just so frustrated and this is the only place I feel can understand my battle.

I have ALOT to loose...I have alot of things going against me. So sometimes stupid things like.....my mother not buying the write bread just sends me over the edge.

I have underactive thyroid which means I have a slow metabolism, really hard to loose weight and.....SO easy to gain it. Plus means I have feck all energy levels and i find it really hard to get and stay warm cos my body cant process the energy from food properly to keep me warm...and what do we do when we're cold....EAT...

But so far....I've been REALLY REALLY GOOD! I actually can't wait to weight in sunday. I've been pro pointing religiously. And been using my calculator in front of ppl to show that i'm trying to be good.

I can only adjust my calculator data on sundays, but before I set it up for my self for the week, If anyone would like me to work out there pro-points PM me your Age, height, weight and I'd be happy do it.

Sunday is the only day I can do it, cos if i change data mid week i'll lose all my tracking data

You do seem to have so much going against you and its inspiring that you are not letting it get to you. Instead you are ploughing on and I find that really inspirational :)
    Use these negatives as positives.... instead of getting annoyed cos of your mum... next time she does something hurtful just smile to yourself and think about how amazing it will be to prove her wrong

:)

hey guys ,

im looking for a nice ww no point s soup recipe ? i have the butternut squash one but i just cant seem to find another one thats nice and tasty. seem to be eating loads of soup due to the whether and would love to be able to make my own. any ideas or recipes ?

thanks a mill

cat

Zero point Mexican inspired soup-

http://www.weightwatchers.ie/WWI_Controller.aspx?Page=1151922

this is so fresh and gorgeous, and you make it as hot as you like with extra tabasco. It's a great warmer at the moment. Also I use green beans instead of sugar snap peas- cheaper!

Lainy - ignore what you have to lose, look at all you have lost so far! you have done so well. There is no such thing as putting up with anyone's posts- we have to help each other along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi Lainey,
    Keep your fantastic work. Muirgheal gonna try that soup sounds yum. My meeting was cancelled this week so I'm trying to find another but every meeting I've checked so far is cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Gals, everyone is doing so well!

I was up a lb this week. Disappointed, but the weather is really messing up the exercise side ofvthings. From tomorrow on I'll be on the stepper at home every day, no more waiting for the weather to clear up!

On the plus side, I bought my first pair of skinny jeans this week! I wasn't sure, but my mum convinced me. (she got the same ones in a size 8 - I got a 12) I was seriously chuffed. I'll never ever be a size 8, she's a totally different build to me!

Lainey, you are doing such a great job, especially given ur metabolic condition. Keep up the good work!

Great recipe ideas- thanks ladies!

• Advertisement

KayTee wrote: »
    Gals, everyone is doing so well!

I was up a lb this week. Disappointed, but the weather is really messing up the exercise side ofvthings. From tomorrow on I'll be on the stepper at home every day, no more waiting for the weather to clear up!

On the plus side, I bought my first pair of skinny jeans this week! I wasn't sure, but my mum convinced me. (she got the same ones in a size 8 - I got a 12) I was seriously chuffed. I'll never ever be a size 8, she's a totally different build to me!

Lainey, you are doing such a great job, especially given ur metabolic condition. Keep up the good work!

Great recipe ideas- thanks ladies!

This weather is pure madness! Great idea with the stepper! Hopefully our treadmill will be fixed soon...the poor guy who was coming to fix it....he crashed on the way here on the ice :O He's okay...just went into a ditch...no damage done....just means they wont be fixing treadmill till roads are better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

This weather is pure madness! Great idea with the stepper! Hopefully our treadmill will be fixed soon...the poor guy who was coming to fix it....he crashed on the way here on the ice :O He's okay...just went into a ditch...no damage done....just means they wont be fixing treadmill till roads are better.

ughh im soo worried about tomorrow :( weigh in. Seriously all I have done this week is walk through the snow for an hour 3 times, and jogged twice, I ate well over my points. I feel soo sluggish, Im know Im up but fingers crossed its not by much :( please snow go away I need my life back

In times like these I wish I had a treadmill or even a gym membership :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Grrr :( Dug my car out of a foot of snow so I could get into town to attend the Saturday meeting only to find when i got to the door it was cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chompchomp

Hey folks, Im new to boards.ie but not new to weight watchers.

I going to join next week after my dreaded college graduation. Got so depressed trying to buy a dress. does anyone have any experience of the new propoints plan? I familiar with the original points plan and it seemed grand. Im hearing mixed reviews of the new one. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Hi there, I have been trying to follow the WW plan without actually going, the meetings are not that convenient for me time wise and also funds are tight and I keep telling myself I can rather use the cash to buy WW foods to make it easier. However I am thinking I am going to have to join as I just can't seem to get motivated to still with it. I start off good for 2 or 3 days and then go off track and then there is always a reason to wait until tomorrow. How do you motivate yourself to stick with it especially when it is cold and miserable and all you want to do is curl up with a book, tea and something sweet? Help! Please tell me your strategies!

SAexpat wrote: »
    Hi there, I have been trying to follow the WW plan without actually going, the meetings are not that convenient for me time wise and also funds are tight and I keep telling myself I can rather use the cash to buy WW foods to make it easier. However I am thinking I am going to have to join as I just can't seem to get motivated to still with it. I start off good for 2 or 3 days and then go off track and then there is always a reason to wait until tomorrow. How do you motivate yourself to stick with it especially when it is cold and miserable and all you want to do is curl up with a book, tea and something sweet? Help! Please tell me your strategies!

Hi and welcome!

I guess different things work for different people to be honest. But for me... its definitely poppint in here every day (many times a day lol). I set up a food diary in the food diaries subforum and if you haven't already visited that forum I recommend you do because you will find many people who are in a similar situation to yourself, you can gain great support there, great advice and also you can get an idea of what other people are eating and doing and how it works for them.
    As I said different things work for different people.... I found it really hard to get started at first.... Ive been up and down on diets for years and I had been up on my weight for a good few years now and I would try to loose weight every now and then but would never stick to it.... I had been trying to get going for ages and I just couldnt get the motivation. I just managed to stick to it for a week or two and after seeing a loss on the weighing scales that definitely boosted my motivation and then I came here and like I said, I got great advice and motivation here.

Hope it works out for you :)

chompchomp wrote: »

I going to join next week after my dreaded college graduation. Got so depressed trying to buy a dress. does anyone have any experience of the new propoints plan? I familiar with the original points plan and it seemed grand. Im hearing mixed reviews of the new one. :confused:

Hi and welcome! I have no experience with the new plan as it hasn't been introduced here yet, however Lady Lainy will probably be able to give you some advice on it as she is doing it online.

Im really excited about it because I think it sounds great and its something new to get our teeth into!! Ive read a little about it and basically they have changed the way they calculate points to introduce fibre etc. rather than just calories and sat. fat. I think you get a certain amount of points a day and then you have something like 49 points a week for treats. It sounds great to me!

Down 2lbs this week on pro points :D all i can say is

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

chompchomp wrote: »

hi chomp,

I've been on weight watchers for the last year, using the old system. I started back in college this september. I found it really hard to track properly.

I switched to pro-points a few weeks ago, but this week just gone is the first week that i really did it properly and lost 2lbs without any exercise! I just didn't have time for exercise this week.

Propoints is a totally new system, new calculations, new point system, and point values. Its more about promoting healthy filling foods, and not just about portions. like this time our wholemeal foods are lower than white verity foods like brown rice is lower point value than white rice, and the same with pasta. promoting the healthier choice.

I'm on 44 pro-points daily, + 49 treat pro-points to use how ever i want. I use my 49 pro-points for things like mayonnaise, and sauces, using them to add flavour to healthy bland foods like baked chicken breast. I also use my pro points for my skinny coffee's.

I'm staying off drink as much as I can, giving my self one massive night out a month with college.

• Advertisement

Breakfast:
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha = 2 pro points
    Oatmeal with Slimline milke = 5 pro points
    7 pro points

Lunch:
    4 slices of white bread = 9 pro points
    60 g of wafer ham = 2 pro points
    35g of Extra Light Mayo = 1 pro point
    Salad = 0 pro points
    12 pro points

Dinner:
    110g of brown spagetti = 10 pro points
    1 packet of Aldi ham cubes = 2 pro points
    2 whole eggs = 2 pro points
    (its the ww carbonara recipe)
    14 pro points

I still have about 11 pro points which I will probably use on soup and coco later on in the evening as it gets colder later tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement