Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

LorDar wrote: »
    Hi all!
    sar84: would a hot chocolate help the cravings? I've pointed the cadburys highlights one (made with water, I think) at 0.5point per cup. Hope you're doing better today!

ladiee24: Thanks for the encouragement - I am going to class tonight & will report back tomorrow!

1lbAtaTime: You made me jealous yesterday:P Hope you enjoyed your PJ day!!

kateos2: You & I are in the same boat!! I have also had the worst two weeks of my WW-life (but I still reckon it's better than I used to be!):o I am going to weigh-in tonight & I plan to start afresh tomorrow - there's no point in ignoring it, I've come too far for that! Go to your next weigh-in & you might be surprised! Then you can start afresh too - you are so close! Don't give up now!

Actually a question, this is the same as what I raised in my food diary but would love to hear all your thoughts:
    I'm almost at goal (was 8lbs away) - but recently people have been commenting (& I'm sure it's meant in the best way) "Oh you don't need to lose anymore weight - you'll be too thin" etc... But actually I am just inside my healthy BMI so I would be nowhere near too thin - is it because they are just used to me being heavy?? they are just being complimentary?? Or am I reading too much into it?? Sorry, I'm waffling now - but any thoughts appreciated! Thankssmile.gif

Hi LorDar
    Dont be too jealous it was back to work with a bang today!! although I did enjoy my pj day.
    Well done on your weight loss so far....I reckon your friends/family are just not used to seeing you the weight you are now and I doubt they mean it in a negative way either but they are just adjusting to the new you. My mum will often say to me, look at the little size of you or gosh your shoulders are so narrow and my sister recently commented that she couldnt imagine me loosing another 4 stone,,,,,,,but I'm still a size 16 so I do still have a long way to go however I used to be a size 24 so to them the difference is huge. I'm sure it is the same for you and this is probably their way of letting you know how great you look...like a sideways compliment. You should be proud of how far you've come but do the last 8 pounds for yourself.....Keep up the great work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

:o Hey jakeypooh - I don't know if you managed to make it to the WW class in Swords last night but they changed the time from 5.30pm to 5pm (& next one is now 6.15pm). This was the 1st week of the new time & as I missed last week I didn't know about it - hope it didn't mess you up! Sorry about that!

I didn't stay for class as I promised the boys I'd make pancakes for tea but I did get weighed and I am up 2lbs! Not as bad as it could have been & now I know I can do something about it!

Hope you all have a good weigh-in this week - Keep the positivity vibe going!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

Anybody know if the WW home pack is any good?

shellybelly & 1lbAtaTime: Thanks for your advice! I am just in a bit of a down phase at the moment (sorry to ruin the positivity!) and I know everyone means well and that they're complimenting me really! It's just with two younger sisters who are skinny minnies I always feel like the big one and now that I am approaching my goal weight I don't want to stop now!
    OK - so future plan is just to say "Thank you" and not read too much into it!:)

I need to get my mojo back - so I am going to try something that someone here said they did & that is write down 10 reasons why I want to lose weight! I will then keep this in my wallet for inspiration!:) (EDIT: Thanks Barbiegirl, post #474!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone knows how many ww points are in pancakes ?? Had 3 thin homemade ones last night ? Also a tbsp of nutella?? any Idea what they would come to !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭niamh.brady

lindak wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone knows how many ww points are in pancakes ?? Had 3 thin homemade ones last night ? Also a tbsp of nutella?? any Idea what they would come to !

Hi Lindak,

According to my leader, nutella = 1 point per tbsp and thin pancakes (made on skimmed milk, flour and an egg) are 1 point each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

Hi Lindak,

According to my leader, nutella = 1 point per tbsp and thin pancakes (made on skimmed milk, flour and an egg) are 1 point each.

Thanks a mill ! Well they were not made on skimmed milk and I think real butter was added !! ( I didnt make them ) !! I had 3 of them ! Maybe I willpoint them as 2 each !

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey guys!

hope you all had yummy pancakes last night i know i did! even made some savoury ones :p

good luck to everyone with WI today! :D

I've started to get the same from some friends LorDor they are all saying you can't have another 20.5 pounds to loose you'll waste away. I honestly think it is just the new slimmer me they have to get used to & they don't mean any harm by it. remember we've done all the work that they don't necessarily see too so it might be a case of I hope she's being healthy with her weight loss.

Aw shellybelly how I wish I could like the gym I've spent crazy amounts of money on memberships. I'm really into it for the first 6-8 weeks then I just get bored. so I'm much more of a walking person I've also bought some work out dvd's cause I know I need some toning exercises in there to give me the shape I want not just the weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Hi all!
    sar84: would a hot chocolate help the cravings? I've pointed the cadburys highlights one (made with water, I think) at 0.5point per cup. Hope you're doing better today!

Thanks, thats actually what i usually do, i have piles of options and highlights sachets on my desk in work! (think the options is nicer, still 0.5) i somehow managed to resist.

although since ive had one of the really thin dairy milks, think theyre only 2 points (maybe 2.5) and to be honest i find them so much nicer than a big bar :)
    Actually a question, this is the same as what I raised in my food diary but would love to hear all your thoughts:
    I'm almost at goal (was 8lbs away) - but recently people have been commenting (& I'm sure it's meant in the best way) "Oh you don't need to lose anymore weight - you'll be too thin" etc... But actually I am just inside my healthy BMI so I would be nowhere near too thin - is it because they are just used to me being heavy?? they are just being complimentary?? Or am I reading too much into it?? Sorry, I'm waffling now - but any thoughts appreciated! Thankssmile.gif

ive heard people in meetings with the same problem.. sometimes people say its just jealousy but i guess it depends whos saying it to you. sometimes women are evil! if its people in your family id say its just like you say that theyre so used to seeing you as you were.

well done, you must be doing so well to be 8lbs to goal :)
    lindak wrote: »
    Thanks a mill ! Well they were not made on skimmed milk and I think real butter was added !! ( I didnt make them ) !! I had 3 of them ! Maybe I willpoint them as 2 each !

if it was real butter id say they were much more :( them small restaurant squares of butter are 2.5.. just bear that in mind.

i didnt even get a pancake! i got home late & was told the batter didnt turn out right so figured i was better off not wasting points on something that would be horrible. might make some at the weekend (after weigh in!) to make up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sunalishine

HI all,

I hope you don't mind if i join in here, i think its great the inspiration you all give each other. I joined WW for about the 5th time 7 weeks ago, i've lost 11lbs so far and i'm delighted with it. I have a lot to lose but i'm taking it one week at a time, i've done it so many times before but have always given up somewhere along the line. Feels different this time for some reason, i've joined the gym and have been sticking to it so fingers crossed my motivation keeps up!!

LorDar, i know what you mean about people saying you'd be too skinny, when i told some people how much i had to lose the reaction was "no way sure you'd disappear altogether", i think its that they think they're being supportive somehow!!

:)

• Advertisement

HI all,

I hope you don't mind if i join in here, i think its great the inspiration you all give each other. I joined WW for about the 5th time 7 weeks ago, i've lost 11lbs so far and i'm delighted with it. I have a lot to lose but i'm taking it one week at a time, i've done it so many times before but have always given up somewhere along the line. Feels different this time for some reason, i've joined the gym and have been sticking to it so fingers crossed my motivation keeps up!!

LorDar, i know what you mean about people saying you'd be too skinny, when i told some people how much i had to lose the reaction was "no way sure you'd disappear altogether", i think its that they think they're being supportive somehow!!

:)

no-one minds a newbie we've all been there! well done on taking the steps to go back it's a tough decision to make let's hope gold will be yours in 2009 as well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Had WI last night and was down 1 lb delighted to be back heading in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Well done barbiegirl!

I was down 3 tonight and same as yourself I'm delighted to be back heading in the right direction!

I've been kinda trading water since Christmas but gave myself a kick up the bum this week and got back into the exercise, and it worked. All the positivity around here must have rubbed off on me, thanks guys!

Welcome sunalishine, well done on your progress so far, you are doing great!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi guys...

Well done litup and barbiegirl on the weight loss..

I had my WI tonight too and was down 2.5lb which im delighted with back on track aswell..long may it continue!!

Ladiee24.. yeah i no alot of people who dnt like the gym it really is not for everyone i jus no im enjoying it now so im hoping il get thru the years membership anyways...:D:D Walking is great tho i try walk anywhere i can an leave the car at home u feel great after it dont ya ??:)

Positivity all the way people..Oh and for lent iv decided to take on something instead of cutting something out. Me and de sis are joining a class together either pilates or a spin class... :D:DCant wait!!

Good Luck to everyone WI tamo!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hey guys!!

Well I got weighed in tonight.. I nearly fell off the scales... 5.5lb down I have now lost 16lbs in 6 weeks. To say I am delighted is an understatement.

I had two bad weeks ( i still lost but my eating was bad), so decided to start tracking again last week. Well it worked a treat. The tracker is the way to go.

I also am getting some regular exercise now that the weather is better.

5.5, wow quality thats fantastic! whats your secret!? :o
    did you do anything differently this week or was it just tracking?

ive had a bit of a disaster of a week, dreading my WI tomorrow :(

sar84 wrote: »
    5.5, wow quality thats fantastic! whats your secret!? :o
    did you do anything differently this week or was it just tracking?

ive had a bit of a disaster of a week, dreading my WI tomorrow :(

Defo the tracking. I was stuck in the house a lot with sick kids at the start of Feb, I found I was picking a lot, know that the weather is better, I am out and about more...

I find you feel more guilty about what you eat when you are tracking!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

Anyone know about Weight Watchers in Drogheda? I'd like to go, but I don't know where'd they'd be, also I'm feeling a bit shy at just showing up at a meeting. But I would like to lose the weight.

Anyone know about Weight Watchers in Drogheda? I'd like to go, but I don't know where'd they'd be, also I'm feeling a bit shy at just showing up at a meeting. But I would like to lose the weight.

hey there, have a look on the WW Ireland site www.weightwatchers.ie & there is a class locator just pick Louth & it shows a couple of classes for Drogheda.

don't worry about the shy feeling that will soon go. meetings are for about an hour. the first 30 mins is for weigh in then the last 30 mins is the meeting where people will share their experiences the leader will have a theme or topic for week as well. best of luck with it!

Quality wrote: »
    Defo the tracking. I was stuck in the house a lot with sick kids at the start of Feb, I found I was picking a lot, know that the weather is better, I am out and about more...

I find you feel more guilty about what you eat when you are tracking!!

i find even when i track now im just not getting anywhere..

im dreading my WI tonight. all my plans & goals have gone out the window.. i had planned to be down 7lb by tonight (this is since xmas, ive had loads of time!!) and im still 1.5lb off it, & probably actually up 1/2lb or so. i seem to have lost the run of myself completely these days..

• Advertisement

i find even when i track now im just not getting anywhere..

im dreading my WI tonight. all my plans & goals have gone out the window.. i had planned to be down 7lb by tonight (this is since xmas, ive had loads of time!!) and im still 1.5lb off it, & probably actually up 1/2lb or so. i seem to have lost the run of myself completely these days..

hey sar84 you do seem to be having a rough time of it lately.

do you go to WW alone or do you have a friend you can team up with? i know this thread is a life saver but sometimes i think having someone there with you is a great help through the tougher times.

do you do much exercise? i find this really works for me when i've been struggling & i've also started a food diary on here just for Monday - Friday cause my weekends do run away with me time wise so just don't have the time to post.

and finally i really noticed i got a plateau when i was eating the same low point foods over & over have you tried to mix up what you're eating for lunch & dinner? i'm sure you're WI won't be as bad as you expect it to be! Good Luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 corcors

Had my WI and I was up 1lb which was a LOT better than expected since I’ve been eating out and drinking a lot. I want to lose 8lbs in 8 weeks which I know will be very tough since I’ve been laying off on my points a lot. Exercise is definitely a big help so I just need to keep up my routine

Good luck everyone

ladiee24 wrote: »
    hey sar84 you do seem to be having a rough time of it lately.

do you go to WW alone or do you have a friend you can team up with? i know this thread is a life saver but sometimes i think having someone there with you is a great help through the tougher times.

i dont know if its so much a rough time or laziness or what it is.. ive been doing WW since sept, and from sept to xmas, i only had 1 or 2 weeks where i didnt lose anything, usually lost at least 1/2lb. i dont feel like im doing anything differently now to what i was doing then.. & because everything seems so slow now im losing my motivation which i really dont want to do :(

i have a friend whos been doing it on her own & not going to meetings and we would chat about it, & my sister has started recently, but shes probably more of a hindrance than a help - eats my WW treats! she was robbing my pink n whites last night!
    do you do much exercise? i find this really works for me when i've been struggling & i've also started a food diary on here just for Monday - Friday cause my weekends do run away with me time wise so just don't have the time to post.

Ive been doing an exercise class for an hour most weeks. before christmas it was salsa, and since christmas its dance aerobics. unfortunately the aerobics one has now been cancelled :( its a real pity because i was actually enjoying it & i find it hard to exercise if it bores me, which is why the dancing really suited. ill usually walk between 15mins and half an hour a day between buses & work etc but i know its not that much. my evenings are pretty full with other classes & its been so dark & horrible i find it hard to get out for a walk when i get in. i must try walk some more at the weekend or something. i know exercise would help me kickstart it again, but im busy tues-thurs evenings (although my weds are free now cause that class is gone! but it was exercise.. *sigh*).

i track pretty much all the time. i have a little notebook that i keep in my bag & it has my tracking right from the beginning. i might actually go back to the first few weeks and try doing what i was doing then, although i have a point or 2 less now.
    and finally i really noticed i got a plateau when i was eating the same low point foods over & over have you tried to mix up what you're eating for lunch & dinner? i'm sure you're WI won't be as bad as you expect it to be! Good Luck :D

my problem with that is im really fussy with food. like REALLY. i usually eat a bagel at lunch, though this week i have tried to have soup a couple of times.. i dunno, i feel like im v stuck in a rut!

thanks for your reply though. i know itll probably pass, & i dont want to quit, which is what i have done before when id lost about the same amount of weight & got stuck. of course it just went back on again..

its nice to know this thread is here & good to hear about everyone else losing weight, reminds me that its possible! :)

i feel bad for moaning now! down 1.5lb & got my silver 7, yay :) down 1 & half stone now :D

i feel bad for moaning now! down 1.5lb & got my silver 7, yay :) down 1 & half stone now :D
    Congrats!!!

Keep up the good work!! I think it gets harder the more weight you lose. Just keep with it..

also Finalfantisist. WW meeting in Bettystown Court hotel on Wednesdays at 6pm.

The leaders name is Andy. He is very good.

well done!!! remember how good that felt tonight when you got on the scales & use that as you're motivation you can do it!!! just remember that you want it & how hard you've worked so far to get where you are!!!

i was down 2.5 this week so i'm delighted the soup is defo working for me gonna try make a new one this week maybe with mushroom as a base!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, had my WI tonight. Down 4 lbs this week. Tracking was a big thing this week, and it paid off so much. Got my second silver 7 and my first stone :D

Also, brought some Weight Watchers bars tonight at the meeting. Chocolate Caramel Whip: At 1.5 points, they're delicious.

Congratulations everyone!! Brilliant results this week:D

And JBoyle4eva - I agree 100%! I always have a much better result when I track religiously - just goes to show that it does work!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Guys,
    I just want to say I have been reading this thread the last couple of weeks and find it really encouraging!
    My weightwatchers journey began 3and a half years ago. I managed to lose 3stone and I still had another 3stone to go, but I hit a plateau and started to struggle, I left weightwatchers and gave up, and I regret this so much!
    I returned last january and had put on the 3stone I had lost plus half a stone!! :eek:
    I managed to persevere for about 4months but only managed to lose half a stone, it just wasn't happening as fast as before and i really lost my motivation!
    I went back yet again in october just gone and thankfully had not put on any weight and so have lost 1stone 5.5pound altogether taking into account the half stone at the start of the year, I think the hardest part of weightwatchers can be turning up to your meeting no matter what! Good, bad or ugly!! You need to go face it and turn it around. I have been doing this since october and i truly feel this will be my year.
    So I just want to say thanks and keep up the encouraging!!
    And hopefully this tuesday I will get my 3rd silver seven and I will be encouraged further!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sunalishine

Hi again all,

Well i had my WI last night, down 3lbs so i got my first stone!! I have a long way to go yet but i'm delighted, congrats to everyone doing so well!!

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement