Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Hey guys, kinda late but I had my weigh in tonight and i lost 2 and 1/2 pounds :) so I have 1 and 1/2 pounds to go to get the two stone off and then I will set my next goal, maybe 10% of something, she was talking about your 5-aday today, so I must actually try some new fruit/veg, I have never tried like Butternut squash, i bought that today and i am going to make the soup that is in the new book. Anyway good luck everyone with your weigh in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Hi guys, been quite a while since I posted here, had a few to sort out. Similar to a lot of the problems people have been discussing here, I thought a bit of "time-out" would put things into perspective............ Best laid plans and so on. Anyway.

A HUGE well done to all the brilliant weight loss everyone has achieved. Tis just amazing.

Welcome to all the Newbies.

Been away from the site for @ 8 wks, but with everything thats been going on have maintained the weight loss, still a stone down. I started back today, I'm doing it from home as the €10 a week is just not possible at the minute so this site is just invaluable.
    Looking forward to getting back on-track again. Have set myself a 9 week goal of 18lbs, a bit overly optimistic maybe, but with the brighter evenings I am very hopful.

Sorry for the Mega post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Guys, Thought I would just update you on weightloss this week, A pound lost. I was really hoping for that extra half but ah well there is always next week!! :rolleyes:
    Congrats to all that lost weight this week!!
    lovinit, We must be in the same meeting! Mine was last night too, exact same topic and she brought in the butternut squash!!
    Unless all the meeting have the same weekly topics...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Hi all, hope you're all well! I was down 2lbs this week which totally surprised me - but I think it might have given me the kick I needed to get out of my doldrums!:) I am in charge of the Class Journal this week so I have to track religiously and weigh everything! And although I am scared I am also excited 'cos I think I'm finally back on track!

There's been lots going on in this thread of late so please excuse my long post while I reply with my thoughts (and apologies if I bore you all!):rolleyes:

Jwacqui: We also had the 5-a Day chat last night so I think there is a common theme each week!;)

Felinefeelins: Welcome back! And well done on maintaining - I know it's hard to do when there's other things going on, but you are doing brilliantly! And although 18lbs in 9 weeks may be ambitious - you won't know unless you try! Maybe have it in your mind - "I would love to lose 18lbs but if I manage 14lbs I'll still be happy" (afterall that is a stone!)

lovinit: Big Congrats! You do have determination! Otherwise you would've given up a long time ago - you will definitely get that 2nd stone next week!!:)

Siobhanoh: Well Done on your loss to date! You've done brilliantly! If you really feel that your current goal is too low please do speak to your leader - think before hand how much more you'd like to lose (maybe it's only half a stone? maybe you're happy now?) and ask for this to be your new goal. Please don't give up you've come too far - you can do it!
    I know the €10 can be a lot - so if you do decide to stop going to class please keep coming here & let us know how you're getting on!:)

Anyway - that's all for now! Good luck to all this week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

well done on great losses this week!!

i've got my WI tmrw so i'm hoping i'm down this week exercise has slipped to the way side a little bit but i've eaten within points & i am really pushing myself when i'm walking to & from the train station in the morning only 10 mins either side but hey that's 20 mins 5 days a week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Hi all reading through these posts is great! Great tips and even better motivation! I startd back in WW last week for what feels like the 50th time! Am really going to do it this time I have to! WI tomorrow night. My saviour this week has been the butternut squash and red pepper no point soup from the new book. It's delicious would really recommend making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi everyone
    I has WI last night and was up 1/2 a lb. Very disappointed as I have been good, especially on the snacking. I'm putting it down to a night out on Saturday and the subsequent hangover on Sunday, though in reality I kept things under control.
    I'm away this weekend, 5 days in Paris, so I am anticipating being up again next week, though all the walking we'll be doing will hopefully counter some of it. :-) Will defo try to go easy on the bread as I know this will be the biggest thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Well done to all the loosers this week its brilliant..:D:D

Im currently in a big rut as i posted before about my knee and over indulgence im up two pounds next week. I really am struggling with the lack of exercise?? My body cant burn anything...doctor says no gym until physio?? im away fri til mon aswell on a bender with girls and i no next weeks results will prob be even more disastrous..:(:( Can anyone help me ou?? Any thing i can try to do for maintaining even next week.??

Help..im losing it altogether.!

Hi Shellybelly thats a bad situation to be in It must feel horrible, but at least you are looking for ways to limit the damage! So take comfort that your mindset is changed ;)

Maybe you could try some upper body work outs I dunno but maybe even a couple of tins of beans to lift up and down while your watching telly? Also on the weekend make sure you stick to a good points value drink like vodka and slimline tonic. Loads of dancing if your going clubbing on the weekend?

Good luck with it and try not to worry about it too much what would be really bad is if you didn't enjoy the weekend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

dubsgirl wrote: »
    My saviour this week has been the butternut squash and red pepper no point soup from the new book. It's delicious would really recommend making it.

hi dubsgirl

could you post up this recipe please, i'd like to give it a go

• Advertisement

Well done to all the loosers this week its brilliant..:D:D

Im currently in a big rut as i posted before about my knee and over indulgence im up two pounds next week. I really am struggling with the lack of exercise?? My body cant burn anything...doctor says no gym until physio?? im away fri til mon aswell on a bender with girls and i no next weeks results will prob be even more disastrous..:(:( Can anyone help me ou?? Any thing i can try to do for maintaining even next week.??

Help..im losing it altogether.!

aw shellybelly i know it's a horrible place to be in but as much pain as this stalling is causing you; your health is more important! it's better to be out of action for a couple of weeks & getting physio than not being able to do anything long term with your leg.

i had a quick think about what you could do to help maintain & was thinking could you give the kickstart week a shot when you get back from your weekend away even if it is for 3 days it'll be better than nothing & re-read the set points part for all your eating out i know i forget about them if i am eating out.also as dubsgirl has said why not try some toning exercises instead of the burning ones? hope this helps a little bit & you don't loose heart too much & that you enjoy a well deserved weekend away with the girls :D

sam34 wrote: »
    hi dubsgirl

could you post up this recipe please, i'd like to give it a go

Peel and chop 1 butternut squash
    chop 1 red pepper
    chop 1 onion

Place all into large saucepan with 2 pints of vegetable stock
    Let simmer for approx 30 mins (until squash is soft)
    Then blend (I use a hand blender)

Enjoy!

Hi there...

Thanks for the advice... and yeah i should prob try some toning to keep my mind focused on something...gonna to try to walk around as many shops as i can over the weekend and definitely some dancing!!

Ladiee24 definitely gonna re-read the eating out book i think it will refresh my memory!! Hopefully if i can stick with healthy breakfasts and decent dinners i mite be ok. Il defo be on the kick start come monday anyways i think il need all the extra points for my alcohol intake :D:D

Thanks again though...getting my head back on track hopefully i dont get too disheartened!! Cant imagine undoing all the good wrk so far!! :confused:...

Here to the weekend and making better choices !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Shellybelly - sorry to hear your news, but like Ladiee said your health is more important, you will get back into the exercise no problem once your knee if better! In the meantime - does your gym have a pool? Swimming is good exercise (so I've heard, I'm terrible for not doing it:o) and the bouyancy in the water may help your knee (although maybe you should wait for physio to tell you?)
    Good Luck - hope you find something!

Also, the Kick-start week is a good idea. You know what they say "In order to lose weight you should move more & eat less":)

Enjoy your weekend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Hi all reading through these posts is great! Great tips and even better motivation! I startd back in WW last week for what feels like the 50th time! Am really going to do it this time I have to! WI tomorrow night. My saviour this week has been the butternut squash and red pepper no point soup from the new book. It's delicious would really recommend making it.

I actually made this today, but made it a bit watery:rolleyes:, its really nice though, I would also recommend oats and honey granola bars, they are 3 points for the whole two bars in a pack but they are really delicious with tea, I would also recommend getting benefit in aldi, its just like special k only cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

barbiegirl - enjoy Paris! I am so jealous, I'm sure you will have a ball.

shellybelly - remember this is a journey, things will not happen overnight and we will all have bumps in the road. Right now try to remember all you have learned and how far you have come. Keep pointing and eating well and allow your body to heal.

Had my weigh in - 5 pounds down! :eek: After a few weeks of coasting along and getting nowhere, I've gone back to basics - pointing everything, more exercise and plenty of water, but I can't believe I lost so much in one week, its a first for me! Got my next silver 7 as well, so plenty of motivation to keep me going.

Well done everyone, let's keep it up!

Just wanted to say thanks , Lordar and Litup for advice aswell.. am taking everything into account and i really do just have to get my knee better. Im going to swim maybe on monday and tuesday when i come back..least il be moving!! :D:D an iv decided to stick with my low point drink as much as possible so fingers crossed... Well done litup on the amazing Weight Loss and your right it is a journey and my first bump in the road has arrived :) I shall try and relax and enjoy the weekend..

Will check in again on mon guys..enjoy the weekend too..

Well done to everyone else with a loss...its brill..onwards and downwards :Dxx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey guys had my WI today and by some miricle was down 4.5 pounds , so thats my first stone gone:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrs.marchese

hey guys had my WI today and by some miricle was down 4.5 pounds , so thats my first stone gone:D
    well done psycho-hope! thats great.. did u do anything differently this week?
    how much more have you got to go now?
    im starting again on wed, gotta get rid of three stone! babyweight..

well done on some fantastic weight loss i stayed the same little dissappointed but hey that's life will loose it next week!hope everyone has a great weekend! :D

• Advertisement

wow can't believe the losses this week! Well done folks!

Had my WI last night as well 2lbs down while I know its in the right direction I was a little dissappointed as it's my first week and I honestly feel I could have done no more so was expcting a bigger loss. Leader said I have to ensure I eat all of my points every day as I had saved a couple nearly every day but hadn't used them.

Anyway onwards and upwards looking forward to nextweeks loss!

Does everyone on here have a cheat night after they weigh in or is it just me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sunalishine

Hi all, congrats to everyone on the losses this week!! I was down 2lbs, very surprised but delighted with it!!

dubsgirl, you're not the only one who has a cheat night - i've done weightwatchers a few times before and used to always do it - in fact the last time i joined, i had a massive pizza for dinner after the first meeting!! I'm trying to stop it now but its hard when you think you need chocolate to celebrate!!

x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

well done psycho-hope! thats great.. did u do anything differently this week?
    how much more have you got to go now?
    im starting again on wed, gotta get rid of three stone! babyweight..

i really got my behind in gear this week and stuck to my points tried to stay one or two under eah day if i could and just kept drinkin my water, Ive about another 6 stone to lose the ww guide says i sould be around 8.5 stone for my height but im quiet broad so me and my leader have decided i should go for the higher end of the ideal weight of around 9.5-10 stone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, had my WI on Thursday....and I was up 2 pounds. I was expecting to go up, as it was RAG week in college and on 2 days I completely disregarded being on WW. But I'm gonna behave this week, completely lose what I put back on and keep going.

Not gonna let this get in my way.

Congrats folks, some amazing weight loss here this week.

Thanks Lordar, I'd say your right, I'm being a little over ambitious. Hitting the 12 stone mark has ALWAYS been where I get stuck, so I really want to push myself this time. I've hit the 12 stone and have hovered there for the last 9 weeks. There is one huge difference this time though, with all the extra exercise I actually fit into a size 14 in some things now !!!! Not that I'd go out in public in it as I always wear things a size bigger.

Shellybelly, sorry to hear about your injury. If you have been advised to stay off the knee do your best to stick to it, swimming is great and all the other advice posted here is bang on the mark. There is a huge amount you can do without hurting your knee, a lot of strength exercises can isolate muscle groups and avoid your knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bluetree

Hi All. First time ever on boards. I'm on the WW program since 11th Jan 09. I have been as big as a house for years, I was looking at my Kids over christmas and wondering what they will grow up like.it struck me if i didn't get my house in order I wasn't going to see them grow up. I was 22 stone 10 lbs at that time. I started to cut back during christmas and by the end of the first week jan i had come down 3 lbs. at this stage I was thinking about joining WW. the one thing that put me off was the fact that every person I have ever heard of that joined WW was a woman. My stupid male pride wouldn't let me go. I rang them and joined the WW home course. My god it opened my eye's. I'm down to 20 stone 12 lbs now and still going strong. one thing that puzzles me is at the start the weight fell of me. I lost a stone in the first month. then it went to 1 to 2 lbs per week . I know this is normal but 2 weeks ago it picked up again 3lbs last week & 4 lbs this week. has anyone else had this happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Hi Guys,

Well done everyone on the weight losses this week.....fantastic again :D

Well I was down 1 pound this week which I was happy with, so long as it is a minus its been a great week :)
    I'm already worried about this week though!! I was out last night and ended up probably having my points for the week in one day and today Im about to have a big mac meal that my friend is bringing me as a cure. I will enjoy it though because I know the next 5 days will be hard slog to pull it back for my weigh in on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 justwantajob!

Hi all!

I've been reading through your posts and wanted to throw in my ten cents, if you've had a bad week don't skip WI, it's more of a reason to go because then you can draw a line under the bad week and start again, being up 2 pounds this week is better than missing this week and being up 4 pounds next week.

The same goes for bad days, if you've had a massive lunch (or breakfast, or somebody's put a chocolate bar on your desk and it would have been rude not to...), don't then give up on the day altogether. I find that trying to make up for big over indulgences afterwards can sometimes leave me so disheartened that I eat more, so sometimes what I do is write the bar of chocolate (or pizza, or whatever else) on my tracker but not worry about the points and just try to make the rest of my day add up to 18 and then stay on track for the rest of the week. This actually works pretty well on average I find

My weightwatcher story is that I lost 1st 12lb over a very long period (we're talking years and much joining, quitting and rejoining), but that when I joined in Sept 07 I was in the right mindset and weight started "falling off". There were slip ups, like 4 pounds on over that xmas and another 4 pounds on over a holiday in spring 08, but I reached goal in summer 08 at 9st 9lb. I maintained this pretty well for the first while, but after I lost my job in December I basically didn't stop eating and now tip the scales at 10st 7lb. I rejoined as a new member last Thursday so I'm trying to get back into it (an uphill struggle to be honest)

Sorry for the essay, I just really like this thread!
    Well done to everyone who's lost weight so far and best of luck to everyone with staying on track over the weekend

Blue Tree - I don't know where you're based but Michael on Abbey St does a men only class on a Monday, it might be helpful having a male leader as well as being in a male class. You probably already know this but if you go to www.weightwatchers.ie you can find out where the men only classes are

wellcome bluetree, well done on the great weight loss, there is no better reason than your kids to get your body and mind in the right place. you seemed to have found what works for you so stick to it, use here, use everything and anything that will keep you on track, that will keep you focused on ur goal. I can't hack the public meetings physically, emotionally or financially, so I'm doing it on me own, tis a slower process, but, this time twill work.

well done 1lbatatime, keep it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 bluetree

Thanks for the reply justwanajob. I have just spent the last hour going back through all the posts on this thread. I think most of you are Women. Sorry guys if I'm wrong! I can't understand why us men are wired so differently when it comes to supporting each other. it's just not done. I think you are all brilliant! Talk about been focused. As I said earlier my goals are tied up in my Kids. But I have to say the stone & a half I lost so far hasn't made that much of a difference in the clothes yet but I can feel it in my energy levels. So keep it up guys as you an inspiration to all of us who carry some extra weight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement