Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

bluetree wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply justwanajob. I have just spent the last hour going back through all the posts on this thread. I think most of you are Women. Sorry guys if I'm wrong! I can't understand why us men are wired so differently when it comes to supporting each other. it's just not done. I think you are all brilliant! Talk about been focused. As I said earlier my goals are tied up in my Kids. But I have to say the stone & a half I lost so far hasn't made that much of a difference in the clothes yet but I can feel it in my energy levels. So keep it up guys as you an inspiration to all of us who carry some extra weight.

bluetree thanks so much for your kind words!!! congratulations on being one & a half stone down that's a huge achievement!! as justwantajob said if you check out the ww website you can specifically search for the men only classes.

i have to agree with you 110% about the inspiration that i take from fellow weight watchers on this thread. the only downfall i feel this thread suffers from & i think weight watchers in general is the fact that it's so female dominated i know us women do rock but i feel that in doing so without meaning to we sometimes exclude the male of the species! i hope more male posters can be like bluetree & feel comfortable to post here! best of luck with your weight loss journey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Yes i have a cheat night on a tuesday night on the nite of my weigh in, I only get home from it @ 7:15pm which does not leave that long a time to eat:D but I absolutely dread weekends because I dont point at all, I do try and go walking though, but the weather has been awful :(. I wish my weigh in was on a monday instead then the pressure would be on at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bluetree

ladiee24 wrote: »
    bluetree thanks so much for your kind words!!! congratulations on being one & a half stone down that's a huge achievement!! as justwantajob said if you check out the ww website you can specifically search for the men only classes.

i have to agree with you 110% about the inspiration that i take from fellow weight watchers on this thread. the only downfall i feel this thread suffers from & i think weight watchers in general is the fact that it's so female dominated i know us women do rock but i feel that in doing so without meaning to we sometimes exclude the male of the species! i hope more male posters can be like bluetree & feel comfortable to post here! best of luck with your weight loss journey :D

Thankyou ladies for your kind words.
    When I started I wrote down everything that passed my lips for about six weeks. at this stage I stopped as I had a pretty good idea what I was eating. I find if I'm not sure I over estimate this way if I'm wrong it's on the good side. I still have my cup of tea and my daily treat. Maltesers and crunchies (all mini of course)! So as you say It works for me!! Today is my weigh day so I normally let go a bit. Weekends are not good to many temptations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mobrien

Hi Everyone!

starting Weight watchers today!! its my first time! i had a son 17 months ago and split my pelvis, its now heeled but unfortunately for me being unable to walk properly or exercise has left me gaining alot of weight! not to mention the choc that made me feel better when the pelvis pain became too much!! i weighted myself this mornign for the first time in a long time and i am 15st!! the heaviest i ever was before was 10st! so im on a diet from here on in, i am also using a Vibroplate so i'm hoping to shed pounds quickly!! any advice on how to get started?? :D joining the meeting tonight but have all the books and calculator from my aunt who just fininshed using them.. :)

weight.png

mobrien wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

starting Weight watchers today!! its my first time! i had a son 17 months ago and split my pelvis, its now heeled but unfortunately for me being unable to walk properly or exercise has left me gaining alot of weight! not to mention the choc that made me feel better when the pelvis pain became too much!! i weighted myself this mornign for the first time in a long time and i am 15st!! the heaviest i ever was before was 10st! so im on a diet from here on in, i am also using a Vibroplate so i'm hoping to shed pounds quickly!! any advice on how to get started?? :D joining the meeting tonight but have all the books and calculator from my aunt who just fininshed using them.. :)

welcome to the thread!!! it's great to see new people here!

one little thing i would suggest to change is you're not on a diet you're changing to a healthy lifestyle :D. if you say you're on a diet you'll think you've to restrict yourself too much & trust me you'll battle even more if you think like this. there's a whole new programme that was lauched in january which is just super! i hope you're very successful with your weight loss journey i hope its full of new discoveries & very rewarding. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mobrien

ladiee24 wrote: »
    welcome to the thread!!! it's great to see new people here!

one little thing i would suggest to change is you're not on a diet you're changing to a healthy lifestyle :D. if you say you're on a diet you'll think you've to restrict yourself too much & trust me you'll battle even more if you think like this :D

Thats a very good way of looking at it!! will get that into my head instead of Diet... i know what u mean ppl dread the big D :D
    thanks a million.. hoping i can stick to it i have a very sweet tooth so trying to replace choc with fruit at the moment! not going to bad so far, havent ate choc in a week, have ate lots of fruit though :D now going to start monitoring my points! already feel very happy knowing im going to get thin again..

as they say nothing tastes better than being healthy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi Guys, Long time since I have been on. How is everyone doing? Since getting the news about my job I have really fallen off the wagon. I got my gold card but have missed my last two weigh ins because I am afraid to go. I've not been poining at all which I am determined to change this week. I am planning on going tomorrow but am terrified. But I know I have to do it. I am hoping to get back on track this week.

mobrien wrote: »
    Thats a very good way of looking at it!! will get that into my head instead of Diet... i know what u mean ppl dread the big D :D
    thanks a million.. hoping i can stick to it i have a very sweet tooth so trying to replace choc with fruit at the moment! not going to bad so far, havent ate choc in a week, have ate lots of fruit though :D now going to start monitoring my points! already feel very happy knowing im going to get thin again..

as they say nothing tastes better than being healthy! :D

i can defo vouch for that one & the also say nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!
    PinkChick wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Long time since I have been on. How is everyone doing? Since getting the news about my job I have really fallen off the wagon. I got my gold card but have missed my last two weigh ins because I am afraid to go. I've not been poining at all which I am determined to change this week. I am planning on going tomorrow but am terrified. But I know I have to do it. I am hoping to get back on track this week.

PinkChick welcome back! you were missed! the news about your job was a bloody hard blow enough to knock anyone off track please don't be so hard on yourself it's kinda out side of your control. you'll get back on track no bother at all! you'll get on the scales tmrw & you won't worry about it anymore cause you've done it you've gone back & you'll assess what needs to be done to get you back to where you want to be!

we're all routing for you! so best of luck & it won't be that bad i promise!!! i'll even bet my pink & white on it ;)

Thanks a million ladiee 24. i feel all motivated again :-) Had some zero point soup for my lunch which I love and which keeps my points for the day good and low. Will check in again tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Won't be good but hopefully won't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Hey Bluetree,

Not sure if it comes across in any of my posts, but I'm male and do attented the WW meetings, albeit they're generally female dominated. I could go to a men's only class, but I actually feel more welcome with females and have never attended a men only class.

But yeah, I'm down a stone after 1 month. Put on 2 lbs last week, but I just had one bad day after my weigh in that went on all week. I brought the points calculator at the meeting a few weeks ago and it's a fantastic gadget. I'd reccomend buying that if you don't really want to keep writing your intake down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all... welcome to all the new posters great to see the ever expanding thread :D:D

Im just back from weekend...and yes went bit mad...:D:D My poor leg is in bits cant get into physio til next week...so basically leaving me with another week no strenuous exercise..!! Im thinkin of starting swimming for the week though try to keep myself motivated :D:D

Wat brilliant losses this week aswell... i really need a big kick up the ass ro keep going now,...dnt want to lose all hope!!...

I no this thread will keep my heads focused. Back to tracking tamo!!:)

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bluetree

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Hey Bluetree,

Not sure if it comes across in any of my posts, but I'm male and do attented the WW meetings, albeit they're generally female dominated. I could go to a men's only class, but I actually feel more welcome with females and have never attended a men only class.

But yeah, I'm down a stone after 1 month. Put on 2 lbs last week, but I just had one bad day after my weigh in that went on all week. I brought the points calculator at the meeting a few weeks ago and it's a fantastic gadget. I'd reccomend buying that if you don't really want to keep writing your intake down.

Hi All

And especially JBoyle. I think I should apply the rule to myself about what the first three letters in assumptions. At this stage I don't think I would handle the pressure of the weigh in's. So far the weekly weight in at home is traumatic enough!

Your Welcome mobrien I started posting here a view days ago and there's a great support network here so your in the right place. one tip I can give is I Love dark choc and whAT i Do is buy a bar and divide it into 4 pces's of two. You get the choc hit without the guilt of a whole bar. everyelse is bang on when they say it's not a diet it's a change in lifestyle and you have to look at it that way. Good Luck

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Can I come and play? :D My storey: Mum of two, started WW after birth of first 7 years ago, weighed 9st3lbs with a target weight of 8st2lbs. 7 years later start weight 10st8.5lbs with a target weight of 9st2lbs!!! (I'm a very TALL 5ft nuddin) :rolleyes: Me thinks I should have just stopped eating 7 years ago. Joined up again last thurs so first wi this week. Have been the usual best behaved for the first week so hopefully will stay on track.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Well there is a lot going on here these days. Welcome everyone.

I been having a rather strange week, found it very hard to get my motivation. The problem for me at the moment is that I have been working long hours since Christmas and as a result I'm finding myself really tired most of the time, especially at the weekends when I stop,,,, so I'm not giving myself the time to cook dinners and be prepared for the next day. I've decided to stop working such long hours so I should be home every evening to cook dinner and hopefully even get in some exercise a few evenings as well.
    As my ww leader often says if you fail to plan you plan to fail.

I've come such a long way already I dont want to find myself sticking at this weight. It's important that I keep it up now. My target at the mo is for 14 pounds in 14 weeks which by the 27th May and I know Im going to do it.

Best of luck everyone with the weigh ins this week :D

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

PinkChick wrote: »
    ... i feel all motivated again :-) Had some zero point soup for my lunch which I love and which keeps my points for the day good and low. Will check in again tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Won't be good but hopefully won't be too bad.

Hey PinkChick - welcome back! Glad to hear you're motivated again - hope the weigh in went OK & that you're still a Gold member!:)

Welcome to Bluetree, mobrien & 9st n 09 - Well Done on taking the first step and good luck on your journey, I think you'll find great support here! Keep posting!

Bluetree and JBoyle - great that you're here, sometimes it's good to get a male perspective on things!:)

My WI is tonight - haven't had the best of weeks (& I had the class journal and everything!) but I did write down everything so I hope that helps! I would love to be down 1.5lbs but if it's only 0.5lb I will still be happy:) (the 1.5 would get me another silver seven - always good!)

1lbAtaTime: You have done brilliantly so far!! You can keep it up, and 14lbs in 14 weeks is totally doable!:D I struggled for a few weeks, not so much with weight gain but really struggled in my head, and I found this thread & all the advice and support to be invaluable! Just keeps posting and you will find that in a couple of weeks you'll get your motivation back! Good Luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sunalishine

LorDar wrote: »
    Hey PinkChick - welcome back! Glad to hear you're motivated again - hope the weigh in went OK & that you're still a Gold member!:)

Welcome to Bluetree, mobrien & 9st n 09 - Well Done on taking the first step and good luck on your journey, I think you'll find great support here! Keep posting!

Bluetree and JBoyle - great that you're here, sometimes it's good to get a male perspective on things!:)

My WI is tonight - haven't had the best of weeks (& I had the class journal and everything!) but I did write down everything so I hope that helps! I would love to be down 1.5lbs but if it's only 0.5lb I will still be happy:) (the 1.5 would get me another silver seven - always good!)

1lbAtaTime: You have done brilliantly so far!! You can keep it up, and 14lbs in 14 weeks is totally doable!:D I struggled for a few weeks, not so much with weight gain but really struggled in my head, and I found this thread & all the advice and support to be invaluable! Just keeps posting and you will find that in a couple of weeks you'll get your motivation back! Good Luck:)

Have to say LorDar you've done brilliantly so far yourself, its great to see how well people do every week, gives me motivation to carry on - the posts here are like day-to-day success stories!! Sometimes it can feel like its just too hard, or what harm would that bar of chocolate do anyway? but seeing how well people are doing is a great incentive to keep going, so thanks everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

Hi to all!
    This thread is BRILLIANT. It will hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow.

I am rejoining WW this Thurs with my neighbour and we have promised our bikini bodies to be a weekend in the sun in September!

Will let you know how the first WI goes:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello Ladies and Gentlemens,
    It's been a while since I was here. I've reached the half way point in my weight loss :D
    But I'm back here again for a kick up the behind cos my motivation is lacking. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation It's great to know that I'm not the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 justwantajob!

Hi All, after my very preachy first post - easy known that was written on day 1 of the new me when I could never imagine eating anything bold ever again - I have fallen off the wagon. Today hasn't been bad, but yesterday was awful - racing from one interview to another meant i grabbed a wispa for lunch then by the time I got to my parents' house I was starving, so I thought I'll just have one mini bar - one mini bar turned into several, plus a bag of crisps, plus a slice of cake, then when I got home my boyfriend had already cooked dinner so I had to eat that, then I had some biscuits (albeit the thin goahead ones). And I used all the stress of the interviews and driving all day (approx five hours round trip) as an excuse to skip camogie training so I didn't even do any exercise to limit the damage.

But hey, it's all about getting back on the horse and I've been doing a lot of exercise this week, and I've got until Thursday to walk my bum off, so I'll hopefully lose a pound, or even stay the same, and just learn from my mistakes and be better going forward :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Hi just, dont be worrying about it we all have a rubbish day at time, god knows i do, just try your best for the next few days, I bet you will still loose anyway since its your first week, I think its more your body goin hold on im not gettin as much food as i was, good look at your WI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Good evening everybody.

Hope everybody is having a good day!

Justwantajob - It's an incredibly stressful time trying to find a job, fair play to you for doing WW as well, hopefully it will all work out for you!

Just in from my hour walk absolutely wrecked! Haven't been to my second meeting yet so don't know what way bonus points work anymore. I walk 4 miles in an hour which I think is considered "brisk" and since i'm still over 10st it used to work out around 6 bonus points on the back of the old pointer, am i still safe in putting down 6 bonus points or should i bring it down a bit. Trying to make up for my one laspe over the weekend 10 points worth of M&M's!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Hey Everyone, just had my weigh in tonight at six and i cant believe it but I actually lost 4 pounds:D!! Last week I lost 2 and 1/2 pounds so I have lost a total of 2 stone and 2 and a half pounds. So I got my fourth silver seven, its been a long time coming, since I have been attending 2 years and 5 months. What i will say to everyone is to just stick with it,:cool: today I bought loads of veg like courgettes, cucumber, parsnips, peppars and butternut squash - i am going to make the soup again, we have our weigh in on Monday instead so I have only six days this week, anyway good luck everyone with your weigh ins this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everybody!
    Just want to say well done to everybody this week, good positive attitudes and we just all need to stick with it! I had my weigh in tonight and lost 1lb, so got my 3rd silver seven and am now down 21.5lb.
    Happening alot slower this time around but I truly think the key is believing in yourself, going every week and staying for the meeting and probably the most important....TRACKING!!
    Didn't have a great week went over by some 3days, under a couple 2days and stuck to them the rest but because i wrote them all down it helped me stay on track, realise I was over and didn't go too overboard!!

9st n 09: Just checked my WW points booster, it says for moderate exercise which is regular and deep breathing, sweating after 10min for an hour will gain you 3points if you are between 10-12stone!

I would be VERY carefull with your activity points and maybe try not use them as it can be a little confusing and you don't want your hard work to go to waste!!!

Sorry for the VERY long post!! Keep up the good work everybody!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

Well done lovinit! I'm keeping my finger's crossed for tomorrow's weigh - I joined last week. Everything was going really well until Sunday! I'm fine when all my meals are at home and but I had to eat out Sunday and Monday for lunch and I was out of my routine today and felt very disorganised. It hasn't been a disaster of a week but it could have been better.
    Anyway, my problem now is I'm going out for an Indian on Saturday evening. I would rather cancel but that's not an option. I've decided from tomorrow I'm going to save 2 points a day towards the meal on Saturday. But can anyone suggest what I would be the best meal to order? I know to stay away from creamy sauces and I'll go for tomato based sauces. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Thanks LorDar :D You are dead right. I need to just keep going one day at a time. I know I need to invest more time into it as well, I think after nearly a year of going to ww I have become a bit complacent about the importance of planning and preparation. How did you get on tonight?

Today wasnt too bad but have some making up to do so probably could have done better. Had my soup made though for lunch and was within my points. Also went shopping this evening to be ready for tomorrow and gonna get back to making dinners after work.
    Still confident about my 14lbs in 14 weeks :D

Well done Jwacqui and lovinit: brilliant achievements and slowly does it :)

Best of luck everyone else with the weigh ins this week.

Hi all, was down 2.5lbs last night - am thrilled!!:D:D I thought I didn't have a great week (was only OK) but I did track absolutely EVERYTHING and I'm sure that's the reason I had a good result.
    It's been said many times before and it really is true - tracking really works! Jwacqui - you're right "I truly think the key is believing in yourself, going every week and staying for the meeting and probably the most important....TRACKING!!":D

I got a 50lb certificate last night - it's only when you stop to think what 50lbs of butter or sugar looks like that you realise how much it is. Now, it has taken a long time (4.5yrs & two children later!) but I am so glad that I went back to it last Oct! I am now all excited and can't wait to get to goal weight!:D

Good Luck everyone else this week - hope it's a good one for you all!:)

1lbAtaTime wrote: »
    I know I need to invest more time into it as well, I think after nearly a year of going to ww I have become a bit complacent about the importance of planning and preparation.

1lbAtaTime - You're right, preparation is key! It is very easy to become complacent, especially when you've been doing it for so long - but now you've recognised that, it'll be easier for you to get back into it. And, when you see the results next week it'll be all worth it:D.
    Stick with it & you can do it!

well everyone i certainly hope there is lots & lots of patting your own backs. guys you've had a fantastic loss!!! between 3 of you you've lost 7.5lbs :D

i went for an amazing walk along the coast road from malahide home to portmarnock the moon was so beautiful reflecting on the sea it was so still!! my house mate dropped me to malahide & i walked home did the walk in 40 mins i was very proud of myself!!can't wait for even better weather to take advantage of the beautiful place i live in to get me more active!

i'm feeling great this week been tracking everything & i know it will work! still haven't managed to make this week's batch of soup but tonight i promise myself i will. i bought myself a journal the week before last & i much prefer it to the regular tracker does anyone else find this?! i'm also thinking about buying the pedometer to see how i'm doing with being active as up until now i've only managed a couple of walks but in the past 2 weeks i've started my workout dvd's i've got so much more energy it's amazing!

i've my weigh in tomorrow so i'm hoping i'll be a little bit lighter than last week :)

Hey ladiee - looks like you're having a good week!! The walk last night sounds fab (wasn't the moon amazing!) Good Luck tomorrow - I know it'll be a good week for you:D
    I used the class journal this week and yes I did really like it - but I don't know if I'd be strict enough to fill it in every week (my trackers are a little sporadic:o).

It's funny 'cos I know the weeks I do track are the weeks that I lose - my leader asked last night "Why would you not do something you know is going to help you lose weight?" Why indeed? I don't know why?:confused: I guess like 1lbAtaTime says above sometimes you get a bit complacent - and it's only when you have a gain that you go back to basics; Prep & Tracking!
    Anyway, am all gung-ho now this week (hope it lasts!) WooHoo, bring on the GOLD!!

• Advertisement

Hi Guys, I had my WI last night and was delighted to lose 1 lb. I guess being good the last few days has made more of a difference than I thought. I am back to being a 1/2 under my goal so my gold card is safe for now. Really feel back on track now! Well done to everyone, seems to be a good week for most people which is great to hear. Thanks for all the good luck wishes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement