Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

Right 30 minute run under my belt and feel better.....have stopped obsessing anyway...will be at it again tomorrow morning, thanks for support everyone. Have no excuse not to exercise (and am well used to it just am too lazy to do it all the time like I should) as we've a gym treadmill in the kitche, in the way all the time!!!

Will pop in tomorrow morning, congrats on weight loss everyone.....

ts

agrif06 wrote: »
    weightwatchers wine - 3pp for 125ml

same as normal wine so, I'd rather that. Is the ww wine manky? Am pretty picky about mine...

Just got off my arse and did a 30 min run, feeling better about WI tomorrow after worrying all everyone....fingers crossed I'm down again....

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

Linda McCartney Veggie Burgers 2pp each
    Linda McCarney Veg Sausage 3pp each
    Skiney Cow mint double choc ice cream 3pp each
    Tayto Wheelies multi pac 2pp
    Blue Dragon Noodles 5pp per nest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ChunkyPrincess

Hey Everyone,:)
    I really want to go to the cinema this weekend!?!.... but dont know the propoints values of the popcorn and my meeting not till tuesday!... i know that in the old system it was .....

small-3
    medium-6
    large-9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ChunkyPrincess

Hey Everyone,:)
    I really want to go to the cinema this weekend!?!.... but dont know the propoints values of the popcorn and my meeting not till tuesday!... i know that in the old system it was .....

small-3
    medium-6
    large-9

Just Found Out WooHOO:D:D

Small -7
    Medium -12
    Large -19

these values are for salted not the sweet kind!!...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

wow this thread is amazing!

I am back on WW since 1st Jan, but using the old point system...I am trying to learn all about the new one and come up with good recipes etc before I do the switch over. Can't afford classes so this is the just brilliant that I have found this thread!

Thanks everyone- and if any one has any links for good dinner or soup recipes could you post me a link!

Cheers

Smiley

30th Dec 157!
    Week 1- 1st Jan 154.4 (start)

Week 2- 7th Jan 152.0

Week 3- 14th Jan 148.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done to everyone on the amazing weight losses! Good luck to people weighing in tomorrow.

I missed my WI tonight because of an exam but came home to find my mum had bought me the new calculator. It's very handy for calculating points and keeping track. I'll make great use of it in Spain at the weekend.

I had a bad day today. There was a box of celebrations in the kitchen and I couldn't help myself and then had a small slice of homemade lasagne for dinner. I'd normally avoid it because it's cheesy and has the white sauce in it but it looked lovely so I had a bit. I still had my treat points so hopefully the damage won't be too bad.

Eabha x

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Hi all!
    Had my first weigh-in today and I'm 4lbs down! Delighted because I wasn't expecting as much. I work dodgy shifts so I go to ww on Tuesday one week and Wesnesday the next. Not sure how that will effect my results but hopefully they'll even out over the two weeks total.
    Heading for a week in the sun mid feb so want to loose as much of a stone as I can between now and then. Didn't exercise at all last week so hoping to get started on that tomorrow.
    I need to loose nearly 5 stone total but I'm going to do it this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ballygowan

packet kp salted or dry roasted peanuts is 8 pps.

big no no!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ballygowan

1 jacobs creamcracker is 1pp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mrs wall

wine points 6 points for 250 mls what a bummer is that = def prefare old system 200 mls -= 2 points hating new system i lost 38 pounds last year not shifting as quick this year aahhhhh ahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Hey ,

Just seen this post now!!! Just started back to ww last week and finding this propoints a disaster to get used to...

Love this thread :)

Anyone know a really nice low PP salad dressing ? i bought mustard , lemons , and white wine vinegar but not too sure what to do with it :x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Lady Lainey, try chamomile tea or Dr Stuarts Valerian plus (in health food shop).
    Also sprinkle a few drop of lavendar essential oil on a cloth near your pillow, it aids sleep.
    If you have no trouble getting to sleep but wake suddenly during the night it could be due to sugar crashes and your cortisol levels - this is a great book to read & her principles could easily be worked in to the ww propoints plan

http://www.marilynglenville.com/fat_around_the_middle.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Yeah, I lost 2lb this week. Was expecting to lose more as I've been working hard at it for the last 2 weeks (lost nothing last week)

I'm hopeful for next week though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

thanks for the tips! I even went as far as painting my bedroom lavender to give a peacful restful environment. The poor sleeping patterns runs in the family. I think also I dont know when to switch off! as soon as i hit the pillow I start thinking and planning and scheduling.

So whats everyone got planned for the weekend ahead? I just plan on sleeping for ireland and hitting the gym.

At least i'm back at that annoying *jeans keep falling down* stage. maybe my little attempts at exercise here and there are having some effect. and I'm making my self drink water till i ache so i'm not as bloated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Oeufmerf

Thanks all for your positivity! :D

I am still sticking at it. I'm not thinking of giving up but I am worried that I will be further demotivated after next week's weigh in. I go with my best friend who lost 4 pounds in week one and another 2 this week. She is roughly the same weight as me.

I'll keep you all posted. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi Guys, was up 1 at this weeks wi so very disappointed with myself. But I know I lost it at the weekend and just didn't point from Fri to Sun. I had a big lunch on Fri which although I pointed, I felt crappy after. Really bloated and uncomfortable and that didn't really go away all weekend which made me eat more!

But new week started yesterday so onwards and downwards.

Just wondering what people actually eat. I am on 29 points. I use 6 for breakfast, and usually aim for 8 or 9 for lunch and around 10 or 11 for dinner. But wondering what people are actually eating for lunch in particular. Trying to find low point, filling lunches that don't require too much shopping or too much effort! I bring my lunch in but I need it to be quick to make if I want to keep it up.

Need to incorporate exercise this week. That's my aim. And to point seven days. Going to wedding fairs at weekend but just going to try and be strong and avoid free food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

dottie lottie - I set mine as my bmi 24 (10st) , attainable & maintainable. So then you get your gold card & don't have to pay for classes.
    Now personally I'm happier at 9'7 so that's my own goal, and where I've been (apart from holiday/xmas fluctuations) for over a year now.
    I think it's in ones best interest financially to set your official ww goal at the top end of the healthy range.
    I totally agree, I am exactly the same as you and its sustainable in the long term and happy with it.

Just to mention to those who are finding the propoints slower, don't lose heart. This new system is designed to take the weight off slower but keep it off longer, so although it may take a while it will also be more sustained loss, it's all about the emphasis on protein, much healthier weight loss etc, someone posted a great article about it a few days ago, I'll try and find it later and re-do it.

Hey Kashmir,

It's probably because we are seeing such huge weight loss in our classes that perhaps we're expecting more.

For example, there was more than one person in my class last night that lost over 5lb, and they were not new starts!

• Advertisement

dammitj wrote: »
    Hey Kashmir,

It's probably because we are seeing such huge weight loss in our classes that perhaps we're expecting more.

For example, there was more than one person in my class last night that lost over 5lb, and they were not new starts!

Sure, I understand. There were also people who had big losses last week who stayed the same or put on a 1lb or 2 this week. I think part of the problem is if people put on over Christmas - it always takes a few weeks to get back to normal after holidays for most people likewise after a lot of exercise etc. I suppose we just need to give it a few weeks to see it really at work.

I found that article, it's good.

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/research/diet.htm

I agree.

Plus it's great when it comes off slowly, less chance of putting it back on!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well done Damitj.

I just pointed the Activia Mango yoghurt pot - 125g - and it's 3pp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Just Found Out WooHOO:D:D

Small -7
    Medium -12
    Large -19

these values are for salted not the sweet kind!!...

Ooh, thanks for that. Going cinema this afternoon will be handy to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

PinkChick wrote: »
    Hi Guys, was up 1 at this weeks wi so very disappointed with myself. But I know I lost it at the weekend and just didn't point from Fri to Sun. I had a big lunch on Fri which although I pointed, I felt crappy after. Really bloated and uncomfortable and that didn't really go away all weekend which made me eat more!

But new week started yesterday so onwards and downwards.

Just wondering what people actually eat. I am on 29 points. I use 6 for breakfast, and usually aim for 8 or 9 for lunch and around 10 or 11 for dinner. But wondering what people are actually eating for lunch in particular. Trying to find low point, filling lunches that don't require too much shopping or too much effort! I bring my lunch in but I need it to be quick to make if I want to keep it up.

Need to incorporate exercise this week. That's my aim. And to point seven days. Going to wedding fairs at weekend but just going to try and be strong and avoid free food!

Hey PinkChick, thats actually something I've been wondering too, i'm on 31 and I've been having 6-8 for Breakfast 14-16 at lunch (I have my dinner in the middle of the day) and then use whats left when I get home from work. if I hit a wall in the day I have a banana but since the pro points came in i'm having things like omlettes for breakfast which are filling me up right until lunch so i don't need to snack as much. But I would be interested to know how everyone else divides them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

had my WI last night and was down 3lbs :D Im delighted as this is 7lbs in total in two weeks. half way there to my first mini goal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

hey after starting on the pro points on Tuesday. I have already had a bold splurge anyone have any idea how many points one of "leonidas" chocolates would be? I just had two and they are extremely rich ........

Any help greatly appreciated. No information on the package which is obviously a bad sign :)

03046290 wrote: »
    hey after starting on the pro points on Tuesday. I have already had a bold splurge anyone have any idea how many points one of "leonidas" chocolates would be? I just had two and they are extremely rich ........

Any help greatly appreciated. No information on the package which is obviously a bad sign :)

I work beside Leonidas and I'd allow 2 pp a sweet. I used to allow one so I've doubled it. Not a notion if it's right or not just made an executive decision....hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

Thanks tiptoe.

Was going to point them at 6 each which is a bit OTT. But I think I will take your advice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

If you have no trouble getting to sleep but wake suddenly during the night it could be due to sugar crashes and your cortisol levels - this is a great book to read & her principles could easily be worked in to the ww propoints plan

http://www.marilynglenville.com/fat_around_the_middle.htm

I have read her book, it is brilliant... I even went to see her nutrition talk in Thomand Park last year, you're right her principles are very easily worked into the WW plan.
    PinkChick wrote: »

PinkChick, I usually have 5 or 6 for breakfast at 8 which is usually either Bran flakes, weetabix or porridge and a mid morning snack of fruit at bout 11 which fills me up til lunch.

For lunch at around 1.30 id have a brown bread sandwich (normal sliced pan which is 4ppt for 2 slices) with either a small can of tuna or 2 slices of ham (both 1 ppt each) and either butter or mayo (2 ppts each) so that comes to 7. I have that with 0 point soup or salad. Id always have a mid afternoon snack of fruit at around 4.

That leaves 16 for a generous dinner (to keep me from snacking in the evening... when im at my worst!!) so Id have a breast of chicken (5 ppts), boiled/roast potatoes or pasta 10, loads of 0 point veg and gravy (1 ppt for 2 tsp).

Hope this helps! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement