Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

PinkChick wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I had my WI last night and was delighted to lose 1 lb. I guess being good the last few days has made more of a difference than I thought. I am back to being a 1/2 under my goal so my gold card is safe for now. Really feel back on track now! Well done to everyone, seems to be a good week for most people which is great to hear. Thanks for all the good luck wishes.

well done!!! you've done great in pulling back to basics they really do work! you're gold card is safe as houses don't be worrying about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thinnyminnie

Hi everyone :)

Im officially joining ww on monday with my sister but Im getting on the bandwagon now. I have 6 months to my wedding. I also have 5 stone ish to loose. Im hoping to loose 2.5stone at least in the 6 months?? Doable???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Afternoon all,

I Joined WW Last night so am a total newbie too...
    I have 1.5 stone to loose but find the whole points thing a bit hard to get my head around.
    I went years ago before the points system wasn't out then so Im going around all day 'pointing' everything.
    2 Points in a big banana :eek:ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Good evening everybody, hope we're all well.
    Just in from my hour walk so finally think between bonus points and saving points that i have "paid" off my 10 points of M&M's. Only downside is I'm sitting having one of the WW frozen dinners. Its the chicken, mushroom and pasta one, not quite as bad as i remember! WI tomorrow night so fingers crossed! X
    Anybody else a champions league widow (or widower) tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Thanks for the encouragement LorDar :D

I'm happy to say I was all planned and prepared for today......sat down last night and made my plan. Got up on time to have weetabix and fruit even before I left the house....had my soup made for lunch......chicken out of the freezer to make a nice healthy stir fry after work and made enough for tomorrow night too. Know I have to keep it up now and I will be sorted.

In relation to tracking I am generally very good.....I just use an A5 Notepad rather than spending the money on the actual tracker. I use a day per page and then have notes and targets put in to suit myself and help me keep track of food and targets and exercise etc. After a year of doing this I actually have a stack of them and often find it useful to refer back to them especially when I'm struggling and wondering why Im not loosing weight, looking back over the times when I lost can often trigger me back into doing something I have let slip. Tracking is key even on the bad days.,,,,,even when I could never know the points of what I have eaten I will still scribble down what I ate without points and I also know then from my trackers why I didnt loose or was up that week.

Anyway....well done to every one especially LorDar.....that 50lb certificate is a fantastic achievement. Stick it on a wall somewhere and be proud to tell everyone how well you have done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all...

Im loving the positivity around here guys..just what i need to be listening to if im honest!..

Im back on track officially missed my WI so i shall try to take it day to day until next week am hoping to even stay the same then... Just have to undo the weekends damage an lack of exercise scenario!!:D:D

Heading for a swim tamo have it all planned and everything and hopefully will get one in on Friday after work:D:D Cant wait to be able to gym it again..Roll on monday so the physio can sort my leg out :)

Well done again everyone...youre all doing fab!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭clones1980

Hey everyone. Im starting tomorrow. I think i have about 1 and half stone to lost approx. Its a balls. The minute i start dieting all i think about is food. Though personally i think my problem is the ten too many corona and limes i have on a fri and sat nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bluetree

Hi All
    It's good to see more and more people joining in. As a response to Loopy and the points. The way I look at them is a tool of re-education. I was paranoid at the start and counted every point know to mankind. I found after a while that I didn't need to resort to compiling points as it had highlighted the things that used up lots of points and also highlighted lots of things that I liked that were low on points.(filler foods is the term used in the WW books. this may sound daft but I think of it like money. some days you will spend a bit more and some you won't. so long as the budget balance's before the end of your weigh in week you should be fine. Now I'm off to England to visit my uncle who is 88 and not in great health. My own Dad passed away before my kids were born so I'm bringing them to meet him so at least when he goes he will have met them. and they will have met the nearest thing to a Grand-dad on my side. So the eating habits will be Fun until I come back on Monday. And remember eating is all about the mind and not about the stomach!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Afternoon all!!! :)

Big CONGRATULATIONS to everybody that had a good weight watchers week. Especially LorDar!! That is a major achievement, no matter how long it took to get there you still got it and stuck with it! GOLD will be yours very soon!!! I can just feel it. Especially with all your positive attitude and tonnes of determination!

I didn't have such a great start to my WW week yesterday, went out for lunch at 2pm and didn't get home until 1am!! But sticking to what I said previously the key is tracking.

So, I did what I was dreading and wrote it all down and pointed it as best I could!! And i was over by just 5. So instead of feeling bad and negative for the rest of the week I know that I can easily pull back that 5 and its going to be a good week! :D

On another note, I'm just wondering what you all bring to the cinema as a snack? Or what you buy? I tend to save my points and indulge in a medium popcorn and diet drink. Mmmm!

I actually work in a Cinema and we serve butter, one day a while back out of curiosity I pointed the butter and it worked out 5.5 points per ladle!!

SHOCKING!! :eek:

I often see people come in and get popcorn with extra butter, which say on a large for example would work out at 16.5points!!

down 6 lbs in my first week!!! :D Now let me own up to two likkle cheats!
    1: Went back to WW last monday week as my leader holds two classes one on mondays and the other on thurs, so as thurs is my usual class i had my wi tonight so had an extra 3 days in this "week".
    2: When i wi'd last week had my work suit on with boots and the lot, tonight back to my ww uniform of crocks, very light tracksuit and no bra :eek: so that no doubt accounted for at least 2 lbs!

But still all that said am still very happy with myself. Don't know bout all of you but i always have a little treat after wi so tonight i'm having a creme egg with my cuppa!!!!

Jwacqui - I'm a cheap date for the cinema, in my very big handbag comes my diet drink and pack of manhatten popcorn!

Hope everybody is having a good WW day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 justwantajob!

Hello everyone!

Bluetree when are you going to England? I hope you get this before you go, I don't know if you'll be eating out or preparing food at home while you're there but the weightwatchers eating out guide is actually great for England, I used to go there a lot with work and find eating in restaurants a lot easier than in Ireland because there are so many chains in the UK.

E.g. Zizzi is a very nice italian and the arrabiata pasta is 6 pts if you take off the mozarella. Depends what the kids like too, but if you check your online ww resource there might be restaurant points, otherwise I can post a few things if you want. Or you can just concentrate on seeing your uncle and worry about pts on Monday :)

I had my WI today folks and lost half a pound. Not great for my first week back, but considering how badly it all went wrong towards the end of the week I'm delighted. So now I'm all motivated to have a really good week this week coming. I love the beginning of the ww week, I always feel so positive and in control. Unfortunately it's often the opposite by the time Wednesday comes round...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Hey y'all.

Hmmmm.....I should not have ate the hour before my WI. Only registered down half a pound. I'm gonna weigh myself tomorrow to see if I went down anymore.

Not saying I'm dissapointed, but I was foolish to eat my dinner beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hi everyone had my Wi in today and stayed the same as last week so am happy enough since i lost loads last week, took the night off form pointing so back on it in avengance in the morning, and going for walks again

Im doing ok but still a bit over the top with the pointing of items
    The lads I work with just dont appreciate me whipping bars out of their hands to point them - and then announcing OMG theres 6 points in that - they think Ive lost it:rolleyes:
    Ivd just had a sausage roll - it was tiny and only 65cent - how many points anyone reckon?

Well guys, I missed my weigh in last night, only the third time in a year that has happened but not to worry I was very good today and plan to be for the rest of the week. I was really good with my water too which I really struggle with remembering. Glad its the weekend and I'm planning a weekend of chilling out so will definitely be feeling up for a few walks. Think I will also use this weekend to take some time and try some new ww recipes, shake it up a bit :)

So much going on here these last few pages, the thread is really picking up steam. Sounds like everyone is really on the rails at the moment as well. Fantastic.

Jwacqui: for the cinema......I usually go to Liffey Valley so will run into boots next door where they sell the bags of snack a jacks and shapers bars. Does the job for me.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

Just having the most devine treat. Our leader gave us the idea last night. 2 digestive biscuits, spread with 1/2 mini tub phili extra light, topped with strawberries and canderal. Yum Yum Yum and only 3 points.

Loopy reckon you are looking at at least 4 points for that sausage roll.

Loving this thread and all the positivity.

Have a good weekend everybody. :)

9st n 09 wrote: »
    Just having the most devine treat. Our leader gave us the idea last night. 2 digestive biscuits, spread with 1/2 mini tub phili extra light, topped with strawberries and canderal. Yum Yum Yum and only 3 points.

Loopy reckon you are looking at at least 4 points for that sausage roll.

Loving this thread and all the positivity.

Have a good weekend everybody. :)

Oh Jesus, thats the end of those then - I was starving half an hour later too:)

This is my first saturday doing the weight watchers so finding it hard as Im not in work... Bloody nibbling all day.
    Although I made a fabulous veg soup earlier thats very satisfying!!

Another Monday morning looms.....and I'm glad to say I managed the weekend quite well. I went over my points yesterday but it was all good home cooked food so I'm not feeling as guilty as if I'd gone wild eating out or eating take away.
    All prepared for the week ahead too, did some shopping today so no excuses for not eating well this week. Have a good stock of 'treats' too which is important for me to stay on track. I like to be able to have something with my cuppa after dinner :)
    Tried the weight watchers double chocolate brownie today.....tasty ice-cream treat for 3 points...mmmmm
    Not sure if I will have pulled it all back enough after the disaster of last weekend by my weigh in this week but I'm definitely feeling back in control.

HHHMMMMM.....

Not a great week, started with a bad day my first day went over by 5. Managed to pull it back thurs and friday saving the points. Was very pleased about that and the fact I didn't let it snowball.

Hit them on the dot yesterday which i was proud of considering it was a saturday...
    BUT tonight I was under by a point and sitting in front of the telly on a sunday evening the boredem was too much and after being in work all day aswell!

Went to the fridge and got a weighwatchers bar (the ones that are like mars bars) put in the freezer to have as a treat that would last me .........
    .....and what did I see!! A CHOC ICE!! The temptation was 2much.

I ended up having both!! Because of paddys day our weigh in is tomorrow, finding that day gone is really hard. Wish I had the extra day to pull it back. I'm really dreading my weigh in.

How did everybody else get on over the weekend? Hope it was better than mine!! Good luck with all weigh in's this week!! And Paddy's Day!!

hi folks doing ok so far this week, ment to be goin out for dinner on wedns night, so any ideas on what is lowish in points in eddie rockets would be great:D

• Advertisement

I would advise to get a salad, I know it doesn't sound too fun but I promise you'll feel so much better for it.

I remember I went to TGI's one night and was debating what to get, I was gonna treat myself and get a plain burger and fries but decided I'd get the salad.

Not only was it delicious!! I checked the points in my eating out book when i got home the burger was 18points for the classic burger and 6.5 for the fries.

The Classic chicken Caeser salad only had 9.5!! :D

And Eddies do a smaller salad which is nice and you can get it with grilled chicken!! mmmm

thanks jwacqui I might just do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

HI All. Everyone seems to be back on track big time, think the brighter evenings help, I know they do for me. Well done on all the weight loss.

First WI, down 1.5, I know its down but was expecting a lot more put a big effort into it did a tonne of exercise too.

Some great advice here this week, love the idea of freezing the bars, I do the same with some of my treats it really streatches them out, I cut a few into bite size pieces therefore one piece might just do the trick.

Enjoy England Bluetree take each meal at a time, it has become a lot easier to eat out and you seem to have a handle on your points

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hi guys,

wasn't very well last friday & then had a busy weekend! i was down a pound on Thurday I was delighted :)! hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow for st patrick's day! :D

had a marathon prep day yesterday. soup was made, as was a yummy tuna mix & of course not forgetting the good old sugar free jelly went for lemon & lime this week!

my housemate is away this week in sunny espana so i'm having the ww girls over for dinner planning on cooking a lovely curry for after our weigh in on thursday got a great recipe on the ww uk site! will post the verdict on friday morning!

Off work today yipee!!! Had a fairly good weekend until I dropped into a friends house yesterday and ate two big slices of a gateau choc log! So in total I'm 6 points over.:rolleyes: Not too worried going to get two long walks into today and tomorrow and plan on painting the playroom tomorrow as well so hopefully that will sort out the "overspend" on the points.

Is there anyone out there on 16 points? I'm weighing in at the moment at 10st2 but hope to be down under the 10stone mark if not this thurs definately next thurs so i'll drop down to 16 points a day. Got that far once before and remember finding it very hard to survive the day on that few points. Although back them i was a bi**h for using points for crap which i'm not doing anymore, if i have the points for a treat i'll eat one but if i don't have the points left over i won't.

looks like there'll be plenty of no points soup for me!

Physcho-hope would you not try to build up one or two bonus points and then have enough points saved up to enjoy the meal?

Hope everybody else has a good week and nobody falls off the rails too badly tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

Havin posted in a few days..

Im back on tracking but im still over eating and not moving..:(:( even by a couple everyday i cant seem to snap out of it...!! Im in the physio today thank god so hopefully after her verdict il get to the gym this evening and tamo before weigh in on weds.. I missed WI las week so i no its bad news anyways think that will be the last straw for me and the kick in de backside i really need.!! I have to keep going now!!

I feel like im putting a big fat downer on such a positive thread the past while...everybodies doin great.Here hoping il be back wit yas fully asap!! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Hey Everyone, so after losing 4 pounds last tuesday I have completely blown it this week, I was very good on wednesday then my t.o.m came on thursday and I just thought what is the point of even trying because I am only going to be heavier, I get like this every month and it is so ridiculous, I have my weigh in tonight cos of St Patricks day and I dont even know If I will bother going!! I have gone for walks but I was just not motivated. I also miss going to the gym. For lent I was just eating choc 4 points or under and just the velvet crunch crisps, I usually go off both crisps and chocolate for lent but I only end up replacing it with worse foods so starting wednesday I am only going to eat ww bars and stick with the velvet crunch crisps. I have also loads of vegetables in the house so I am going to make the zero point soup and the 0 point vegetable curry, and I have to buy fruit because I dont eat enough of that, anyway will see what to do about tonight, I dont mind gaining 1 pound but anything other than that I would hate it after last week. Anyway good luck everyone with your weigh ins this week :)

Lovinit, hope it's not too late. Go go go to you meeting. If you're up draw a line under the week and start afresh, and you never know you might be the same or down and then how happy will you be!

Fingers crossed for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mclougl3

Hi guys

This is my first week at weight watchers. Was down 1.5 pounds which was good but was doing loads of exercise etc so thought it might be a bit more.
    I'm finding it fairly difficult as i'm a coeliac and i'm finding it hard to find any low fat coeliac treats. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

• Advertisement

It was as i thought bad week!! Was up a pound and a half.
    I'm not happy at all but I knew it wasn't going to be good. I'm hoping that this week is going be good and that extra day is going to come in handy.

We had our meeting on tracking and I always do religiously!! But the thing that our leader pointed out was when you track you know where you stand. I knew that I was up going to weigh in because I had tracked. I might try do kick start this week or something else to give me a kick start! I'm really motivated to get it goin again.

I have had a loss every week since christmas bar two, so I'm happy with that. 2gains and 9losses ain't bad in my book.

So. this week perseverence and eating healthy is my target. I also need to incorporate exercise as I dont really do much. I think I'm going to start with baby steps and bring the dog for a walk and build up.

What exercises does everybody else do?? Any tips?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement