Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Just figured out what may have caused my food binge! all my dolly mix added up to 26pp! Oh the joys...

Have to learn to drive and its terrifying me! Stress = eating me thinks!! I'm over my spaz attack now!

Roll on salad and soup tomorrow! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Just figured out what may have caused my food binge! all my dolly mix added up to 26pp! Oh the joys...

Have to learn to drive and its terrifying me! Stress = eating me thinks!! I'm over my spaz attack now!

I would consider dolly mix a worthy splurge item!
    Normally if I'm stressed I eat anything around me but one of my cats is sick and in the vets tonight and I'm so worried I've actually lost my appetite. This is one time when I'm not celebrating that, would rather have my cat well and be eating rings around myself. Hopefully I'll have some good news tomorrow and I'm sure my appetite will be back in force

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Slaygal wrote: »
    Hi Eabha,
    I used to eat 2 pieces toast for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch. Now I have 1 piece of toast for breakfast. If I have carbs at all during the day it's at lunchtime.
    The only carbs I eat in the evening are vegetables. But I'm still hungry and just about with great effort stay within 29 points. I eat no more than 3 pieces of fruit a day.

I'm seem to go through my weekly points in 2 days :(

My new week starts on Thurs so I'm gonna try and cut down the carbs. I have carbs for lunch (sandwich) and then either potatoes or pasta for dinner. I might cut out the dinner carbs. I will probably feel really hungry but like fofany said hopefully my body will get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Made shepards pie yesterday with quorn instead of mince and mashed turnip and carrot instead of mashed potatoe. massive portions for 5points a piece.
    upside - my boyfriend loved it(didnt tell it wasnt real mince)
    downside - he went back for seconds last night and ate my dinner for today!!!
    Had to think up something for new today

I'm seriously going to have to try this quorn. I've been fighting it for too long!
    Be honest with me now...does it taste any different????

I love how it can be so easy to deceive men with food!ha!

:eek::eek::eek: 26pp!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I rarely go shopping when I'm not hungry...it's the only time I realise there is no food in the house.

Good luck with learning to drive...once you start you'll realise it's not that bad. The first lesson is the most nerve wrecking, but once you get a bit of confidence behind you, there will be no stopping you :D

Weigh in day tomorrow :rolleyes:

kildareash wrote: »
    I'm seriously going to have to try this quorn. I've been fighting it for too long!

I love how it can be so easy to deceive men with food!ha!

:eek::eek::eek: 26pp!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I rarely go shopping when I'm not hungry...it's the only time I realise there is no food in the house.

Good luck with learning to drive...once you start you'll realise it's not that bad. The first lesson is the most nerve wrecking, but once you get a bit of confidence behind you, there will be no stopping you :D

Weigh in day tomorrow :rolleyes:

I know, i'm disgusted with the dollymix splurge! Going to have loads of soup and fill my self up on water before the dinner party tomorrow night!
    I so have to get me some of that Quorn mince!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Thank you for the suggestion of the half pizza for 12pp.. it was delish with a side salad.
    Feeling very motivated after my first weigh-in after a long absence from the WW family!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Girls how do ye end up eating all your 29 points? I'm going to try to be really good with my points tomorrow [just signed up the UK site & input all my food!] so breakfast = 6, lunch = 4 and dinner = 6? For lunch I'm having 3 ryvita with a tin of tuna & apple & grapes??

PS The Quorn mince is better, but was thinking that real mince [like 95% lean] would be more nutritional? Yes/No?

Girls how do ye end up eating all your 29 points? I'm going to try to be really good with my points tomorrow [just signed up the UK site & input all my food!] so breakfast = 6, lunch = 4 and dinner = 6? For lunch I'm having 3 ryvita with a tin of tuna & apple & grapes??

I've 33 points, so would have about 4 for breakfast, anything from 5-10 for lunch, and 10-12 for dinner. Last few days I've had a packet of velvet crunch at lunch (2pp) and a slice of WW banana cake (4pp) in the evening with tea.
    I feel like I'm having loads of treats but everything is within my points.

Was just watching Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals and I was feeling queasy with the amount of olive oil he was using. He was making some noodle dish, that was kinda similar to the chicken noodle dish in the old WW book. He added chilli and chinese 5 spice. Might try that next time I make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Thanks Ash. What would you usually have for lunch? I realise mine is a bit low in points, but I don't want to eat crisps just to fill up the points. What could I eat nutritionally that would increase my points? I can be a bit picky sometimes!!

whats the nicest veggie burger? (and does anyone know the points of them)

I'm really trying to include more veggies into my diet

• Advertisement

Thanks Ash. What would you usually have for lunch? I realise mine is a bit low in points, but I don't want to eat crisps just to fill up the points. What could I eat nutritionally that would increase my points? I can be a bit picky sometimes!!

What would you normally have for 4pp? Is there a way you could increase your dinner to use up more points?

Do you feel satisifed with what your eating or are you hungry during the day or in the evening?

My lunch varies from left over dinner to sandwiches, depending on the day and my humour.
    This week, I've had 2 WW bagels @ 4pp each, little mayo, wafer thin ham, lettuce and onion.
    I was treating myself with the crisps, wouldn't have them everyday.

I actually haven't had 0points soup since the new plan came in...which is strange coz it was a godsend on the old plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

kildareash wrote: »

I love how it can be so easy to deceive men with food!ha! :rolleyes:

It doesn't taste much different as you cover it in whatever sauce you use on reg mince. It's not as thick a consistency but I love it.

I just had another huge portion of that 'skinny shepards pie' I made yesterday with turnip and quorn. So yummy.
    Savoury mince is the bomb with it. I pointed a sachet of it made up as 3 points and a whole pack of quorn mince is 6pp (3 massive portions of savoury mince here for only 3 pp each:))
    Going to try savoury mince with a baked potatoe next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Hi Lainy,

The Birds Eye Vegetable Quarter Pounders are 7pp when grilled. Yummy, yummy and very filling. I'm actually thinking now that I must get some - one of those with some salad would be a delish lunch!
    Birds Eye also do Vegetable Fingers which are pretty tasty and they are 3pp for 2 and 6pp for 4 ( I double checked to make sure that they don't go up when you double the portion!)

HTH.

PS The Quorn mince is better, but was thinking that real mince [like 95% lean] would be more nutritional? Yes/No?

A small tin of tuna is 2 pp and ryvita are now 1 point each so that's be a 5 point lunch. Are you using old points or propoints?

You could add some cheese such as feta to your lunch or some light mayo. Possibly some egg and make a tuna nicoise wrap? Maybe have a wholemeal pitta for 4 pp or ww own brand 3pp as prob better than ryvita!
    Velvet crunch are great for only 2pp and not bad for you as very low in salt and saturated fat.

Re the mince, quorn mince is micro-protein an alternative to animal protein so has the same nutriiton and in my view I prefer it than the cholesterol and fat levels in red meat. Win win!:)

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Hi Lainy,

The Birds Eye Vegetable Quarter Pounders are 7pp when grilled. Yummy, yummy and very filling. I'm actually thinking now that I must get some - one of those with some salad would be a delish lunch!
    Birds Eye also do Vegetable Fingers which are pretty tasty and they are 3pp for 2 and 6pp for 4 ( I double checked to make sure that they don't go up when you double the portion!)

HTH.

yeah saw those birds eye ones on tesco.ie....they look really satisfying and filling!
    I just pointed the Quorn "beef" burgers there 2pp each! wow! If they are nice they would be amazing point value!

half Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza Hawaii 355G is 10pp! ...great value!

I think I gotta shake up my dinners. I think i'm getting bored. The pizza would be great "quick" dinner in the evenings.

yeah saw those birds eye ones on tesco.ie....they look really satisfying and filling!
    I just pointed the Quorn "beef" burgers there 2pp each! wow! If they are nice they would be amazing point value!

half Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza Hawaii 355G is 10pp! ...great value!

I think I gotta shake up my dinners. I think i'm getting bored. The pizza would be great "quick" dinner in the evenings.

I've eaten all the quorn products.

Those beef burgers are very skinny so you'd be eating two and I am not a big fan tbh, nor am i of the quorn rashers or sausages.

I do love the quorn chicken style burgers 3pp. i often put these in a ww pitta with ketchup and mayo/ salad for a 6 or 7 pp scrummy snack!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

they veggie quarter pounders are yummy!! had one tonight with 3 small new potatoes boiled then cut inhalf and in to a dry frying pan with a table spoon of extra lite philli and some chives and a bucket load of brocoli..STUFFED! all for 12pp..happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

arandale wrote: »
    Sorry M'lady, that post was meant for Dotie_lottie.

Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow M'lady:)

Thanks arandale, I will let you all know how it goes, I am so hoping I will have a loss, cos I know it will dishearthen me if I dont!

Also, does anyone know what are you meant to do if protein isn't listed and your trying to point something? I am assuming that I should just enter 0?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

2nd weigh in today and 2lbs down! I'm delighted with that. 6lbs in 2 weeks. Get my 1st silver 7 by next week hoprfully!

And knows anyone know if a medium 4ppt pitta is the larger oval ones or the round ones? 4ppts seem like alot for the round ones?

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    2nd weigh in today and 2lbs down! I'm delighted with that. 6lbs in 2 weeks. Get my 1st silver 7 by next week hoprfully!

And knows anyone know if a medium 4ppt pitta is the larger oval ones or the round ones? 4ppts seem like alot for the round ones?

Well done on the loss! It's the large oval ones that are 4pp.
    I buy the ww own brand, decent sized and 3pp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Hey,

Just spent the past two hours looking through the thread, I did ww two years ago and lost 2 and a half stone before giving up :( I have joined many times since but never lasted more than a week until this time, I am heading for my third WI tomorrow (so far down 8.5lbs; 5 in week 1 and 3.5 in wk 2). I have just under 5 stone to lose in total :( I have two mini goals, going to London in April so hoping to have lost at least a stone and a half for then and going to OZ in June so hopefully another stone gone for then!! Fingers Crossed!! I would be very happy with 2lbs a week!!

Going good so far, although this week has been my worst but never the less motivation is still there, I find the exercise the hardest to get back into, looking forward to the long evenings... hopefully that will help!!

Best of Luck with all your losses!! This thread is excellent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Well i weighed in this morning, and stayed the same at 12st 8 - not so bad, was expecting to be up - spent the weekend hiking in Glendalough, so while i got lots of exercise, the sustenance necessary to avoid falling down from exhaustion was too much to work off in one weekend! Ah well, it'll stand to me in fitness levels!
    Amazing how supportive friends can be - My friend and i usually met up a couple times a month for boozy lunch and an afternoon of tipsy shopping (such fun!) but when she and her husband realised i am trying to lose weight, they now invite me to join them for hill-walking and the like, and we are joining salsa classes next week cos we're all heading to Cuba in April!! Size 14 holiday wardrobe here i come!!! Big thanks to good friends!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

rachel wrote: »
    I would consider dolly mix a worthy splurge item!
    Normally if I'm stressed I eat anything around me but one of my cats is sick and in the vets tonight and I'm so worried I've actually lost my appetite. This is one time when I'm not celebrating that, would rather have my cat well and be eating rings around myself. Hopefully I'll have some good news tomorrow and I'm sure my appetite will be back in force

Aww Rachel hope your little friend is ok and back safe and healthy with you soon. Id be the very same if my cat had to go to the vet. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

eimear1 wrote: »
    Well i weighed in this morning, and stayed the same at 12st 8 - not so bad, was expecting to be up - spent the weekend hiking in Glendalough, so while i got lots of exercise, the sustenance necessary to avoid falling down from exhaustion was too much to work off in one weekend! Ah well, it'll stand to me in fitness levels!
    Amazing how supportive friends can be - My friend and i usually met up a couple times a month for boozy lunch and an afternoon of tipsy shopping (such fun!) but when she and her husband realised i am trying to lose weight, they now invite me to join them for hill-walking and the like, and we are joining salsa classes next week cos we're all heading to Cuba in April!! Size 14 holiday wardrobe here i come!!! Big thanks to good friends!!

Fair play to ya with the excersize! You're lucky to have your friends helping you out like that too and what better goal than a trip to Cuba! Very jealous! x

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NewShoes

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year. Went to my first post-xmas WI on Thursday and I had stayed the exact same weight, which I was delighted with as I ate like a lunatic over the break.

Pro-Points is annoying me but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. Only problem is that I've got swine flu, and my appetite is just on the floor, can't eat anything, only drinking fluids. So I feel like I've not had a proper start to the Pro-Points as I am just in ribbons!

Next Friday is my 1 year anniversary of joining WW. I am hoping that I can say I've lost 7 and a half stone (need to lose a pound this week to do that). When I set out, I thought it would be a great achievement to have 4 stone off in the year, I'm at nearly double that which I can't believe!

Anyways, I am off to mainline paracetamol and watery Miwadi :(

Well done, I can honestly say, you are my inspiration and I actually follow you in the thead for advice (without trying to seem like a stalker!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Well did my weigh in this morning and I stayed the same, but the big news is I am not disappointed! Usually this would have sent me running to the biccie tin:o. I stayed within my points last week so I havent done anything "wrong". I know now after many years of dieting experience that this is the way my body works. I have to be honest and say that 90% of the time I dont feel like this is a diet and I am still very happy with 7.5 lb in 3 weeks.
    Best of luck to everyone weighing in this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well after my totm last week (when I was up 2.5lbs :eek:), I made up for it this week and I was down 7lbs at my Wi last night! :D I can't believe it.
    It's two weeks work as I was well behaved both weeks.
    I got my silver 7 so I'm all smiles today.
    If I lose 4lbs more I'll have 2 stone off which would be incredible - I'd love to get there next week but don't want to get too excited.
    I might fall off the wagon this week.
    In any case, I've lost 10lbs in total since Christmas and I'm delighted with that. Good luck everyone with your WIs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smurfmurf

Hi
    thinking of pigging out tonight went to bootcamp twice, spinnning twice, ladies soccer and 8 mile walk last week and wasw only down half a pound very disappointed!!!Don't like pro points AT ALL!!!Does anyone know the pro points for wagamamas? in particular the katsu curry and Yaki soba??Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Well after my totm last week (when I was up 2.5lbs :eek:), I made up for it this week and I was down 7lbs at my Wi last night! :D I can't believe it.
    It's two weeks work as I was well behaved both weeks.
    I got my silver 7 so I'm all smiles today.
    If I lose 4lbs more I'll have 2 stone off which would be incredible - I'd love to get there next week but don't want to get too excited.
    I might fall off the wagon this week.
    In any case, I've lost 10lbs in total since Christmas and I'm delighted with that. Good luck everyone with your WIs.

Oh my god Bubbaloo that is brilliant!!! Fair play to u girl! You're doin excellent! Any tips/suggestions? Are u using all your daily and weekly points? Have my weigh in this evenin! Hope to god im down *fingers crossed* :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

astra2000 wrote: »
    Well did my weigh in this morning and I stayed the same, but the big news is I am not disappointed! Usually this would have sent me running to the biccie tin:o. I stayed within my points last week so I havent done anything "wrong". I know now after many years of dieting experience that this is the way my body works. I have to be honest and say that 90% of the time I dont feel like this is a diet and I am still very happy with 7.5 lb in 3 weeks.
    Best of luck to everyone weighing in this week.
    Well done for not going straight for the buscuit tin. Knowing that our bodies work in different ways and accepting that fact is the only way we can stay on track and reach our goal. Keep up the good work. It'll all be worth it in the end! x:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement