Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Welcome breadandjam wel done on weight loss so far its brill. Ul get great support here so ya wil :D:D an im sure ul have lots of advice for us here too!!

Good Luck Loopy on WI let us no how you get on!

1lbatatime..i agree with ladiee24 your so positive i find i get takin aback when i put on it nearly knocks your motivation completely but you have to take the bad with the good dont ya!! Wel done anyways im sure ul do super at WI.

Ladiee24..im still out of action have physio again on friday to be honest im still in pain im gonna hopefully get a scan and sort it out completely trying swimmin and mys foods been fairly good points wise apart from a few blips during the weekend but i swore after not putting on over the week i missed that this week was going to be back to basics...Well a good attempt anyways :D:D

WI tamo...to be honest if i stay the same again il be delighted least den i no when im active again i can shift the lot...HERES HOPING :D

Good luck to all WI tonight!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

:D HI Everyone!!

Well just home from weigh in and I am absolutely over the moon!!

After my lousy week last week when I put on a pound and a half I tracked this week every morsel of food!! Brought the dog for a walk etc..I had a very bad day so I pulled it back every other day and I lost not 1, not 2 not 3 not 4 BUT FIVE pounds!!! I am thrilled!! 3lbs more and thats my 2stone!!

How is everybody else getting on? Bit of a lack of posts lately!!

Good luck to everybody that has weigh in!! Hope you all do fantasitc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Fair play to you Jwacqui. Tracking and walking the dog is definitely the way to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

well, due to me being a broke student and having just bought a car, i had to quit ww as i just couldn't afford it anymore, so close to goal and all.

have still been weighing myself weekly and reached my goal this week which i'm delighted about.
    start weight: 13stone 2lbs
    finish weight: 10stone 7 lbs
    so that's 2 stone 9lbs lost all together. i'm delighted, took me long enough, i started nov 07!

have to say to anyone starting out, go to meetings they are so important, these last few weeks that i haven't been going have definatly been the hardest, i think it's someone else knowing that i've put on weight other than me that was the big motivater, and my leader would help me figure out where i was going wrong.
    managed to get my hands on one of the old maintenence books so am starting that tonight.

Best of luck to everyone and keep up the great loses! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Hey everyone, back from weigh in, lost 1 pound which I am surprised about, I always have something over points after weigh in but I was thinking today that I am just going to treat myself another day instead because the talk is really good and then I go home and pig out, its soo stupid. Well good luck everyone with WI and stick with it;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

good luck,bernso,ive re-joined many times,it`s sucessful if you stick to the points and move more!best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

OMG first weigh in tonight..
    4 pounds gone :D

Just had a wispa and pkt of snacks to celebrate

/uh oh:o

Big walk tommorow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey guys

well done on the super losses so far this week :D hopefully i'll be adding to losses tomorrow but i'm just so excited i had to let you all know i got into a size 14 pair of trousers today & they fit almost perfectly! i don't look ridiculious as i thought i might! i fell fupping fantasic this is madness i don't think i've been a size 14 since i was about 12 years old! so so so so motivated to keep going now & get into my final stone & get to GOAL! :eek: i can't wait to see what that feels like! if it's half as good as this i'll be so happy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Ladiee24 looked fantastic this morning!!
    Well done hun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Hi all, newbie here. Have been reading over your posts (not had time to read from the beginning of the thread, it's so long!). I joined WW for about the fifth time last week. Am determined this time!! I'm not stopping this time until I get my gold card! Lol! I weighed in at 10st 12lbs last Wednesday and have my weigh in this evening. My goal weight is somewhere between 9st and 9st 5lbs. Wish me luck! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 nolo77

Best of luck, Luvly Lady. I joined for the third time in October last and I lost a stone between October and Christmas and hoped to lose another stone before Easter, but it isn't happening at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Ok so I went back last night after being sick for 2 weeks, and not being able to exercise (lung infection) and was up 1lb. So today back to basics really, I know the new regime says 21 points for me but in reality I've just been putting on weight slowly since that came in, so I'm going back to my 16-18 points a day actually used, saving some for my weekend and my drinkies. Toady so far 4 for breakfast, 4 for lunch, 1 coffees. Have dinner planned at 5.5 points, so that gives me 1.5 points for 1/2 a 2 finger kit kat or a lindt choccie after dinner. Breathing nearly back to normal so will try and get for a walk.
    I think exercise is my big issue. I hate walking alone, it seems so pointless. I don't want to join a team at the moment as we're also trying to get pregnant and I don't want to join and then let them down, though I know team sports are the best to motivate me. My mate moves up close to me soon, in a week or two and I'm hoping we can get walking together.
    No getting pregnant and losing weight aren't mutally exclusive. I should succeed in one :-)

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I know the new regime says 21 points for me but in reality I've just been putting on weight slowly since that came in, so I'm going back to my 16-18 points a day actually used, saving some for my weekend and my drinkies.

well done on going back it's hard when you've not been or know you're up but i think those weeks are the most important. just be careful of this the programme is designed to make sure you don't go hungry & if you get used to only 16-18 points per day if you do have a day when you go over you'll feel terrible why not try 19 points a day & see how you get one you'll still have 14 points to play with & that's not including any bonus points you earn once you get back to exercising. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi Ladiee 24 I'll give the 19 a go. I have to say even though I'm really busy today I am hungry now, and I know dinner is 1.5 hours away. Plus in reality I should be working tonight. But will try the 19 this week, will be easier as I can have a 3 point snack then when I get in which will reduce hunger and temptation that comes with it. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Hi Guys and Gals,
    Ok so 6 days down, 1 to go to weigh in and glad to report eating so far so good :) Out for lunch today,,,,contemplated my usual caujan chicken burger which comes with fries...then considered a tuna mayo bagle which also comes with fries but when the waiter asked what I would like the words Tomato soup came out !!!! So tomato soup it was which was served with 2 slices of brown bread, perfect :)
    My downfall of the week has to be my lack of exercise, unfortunately only 1 walk this week so this definitely has to be battled next week. Fingers crossed none the less that I will be down a couple of pounds tomorrow at least.

Shellybelly: well done on still trying to exercise.....Im in the full of my fitness (except for the spare tyres!) and I cant motivate myself to just do it.

Ladiee24: Congrats on the size 14,,,,,,that must be just the best feeling ever. For me that is the next size so I cant wait to buy that first size 14 jeans and hearing how good it has made you feel has given me more inspiration for the next weeks battle. Bloomin brilliant, well done :D

Jwacqui: Tell me the secret ???? 5 pounds, that is amazing. Well done you. You must have really had a fantastic week.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Hi everyone,

Im a long-time-reader first-time-poster in this forum and just feel like having a bit of a vent if no one minds...
    Joined ww in Jan and lost 11lbs, yes, I said 11 ! (sounds measly but I only want to loose 1 stone!) so now Im at a dead end. Ive been in ww before and although I loose the weight, never get the gold card or the final, final sort of goal thing. I have 3lbs to loose this time before I get my gold card and absolutly no motivation for exercise other than my usual walks. Im generally healthy-being a vegetarian but unfortunatly have not one sweet tooth, but a whole mouthfull! I tend to fill up on very low point soup or vege based dinners and use my points on ww biscuits or the like. Anyway, I'm just sulking cause I just over pigged out on some sugery yummy/rotton crunchy cereal my sister left after her in the press at 22.14 at night so now Im about 3 points over my limit AGAIN this week! Dammit! Anyone else having a crappy points day??? Hope no one minds me venting/sulking/feeling sorry for myself on my first post! :)

Hello all...welcome again to the new posters..Doolee and nolo77...u shall love it here...no matter how much weight you need or want to lose were all still in the same boat ya no...so good luck!!! Let the losses begin :D:D

I had WI and to my delight was down two and half pound!!:D:D:D am thrilled as i still cant do my cardio routine or walk wit my leg.. so its jus a couple of swims a week really...my good food choices must have paid off..:D:D

Well done Ladiee24 on the size 14 it really is a great feeling isnt it ??:):)

Well done loopy and Jwacqui brilliant losses this week...

1lbatatime..i no ul do brill tamo...!! Good luck!!

I had WI and to my delight was down two and half pound!!:D:D:D am thrilled as i still cant do my cardio routine or walk wit my leg.. so its jus a couple of swims a week really...my good food choices must have paid off..:D:D

well done you !!! :D:D:D

hopefully i'll be joining in on the amazing weight loss this week!!!! i finally routed out a before pic of me in our class the leader asks us all for a before & after pic & we put them in a scrap book. so i've finally sourced the before need to keep working to give her the after pic! i must say it was hard to find a pic of me i never realised how much i hid from the camera or deleted all the pics of myself that i didn't like. so another little goal i've set for myself is to try not deleting photos of myself i don't like i need to keep them as motiviation to keep going on this journey of a weight watcher!

doolee please don't get disheartened (sp?) you'll get there. have you tried any of the work out dvds for your exercise i much prefer to walk but on the days i can't be bothered to walk i'll do a section from one of the dvds or if i'm feeling really adventurous i'll do the whole dvd trust me the purple face is not a pretty sight but it bloody works! they really can be a life saver. even if you loose 0.5 a week you'll be at goal in no time. keep going :) you will get to GOAL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Hey, had my first weigh in last night anyway and I was down 3.5lbs so pleased with that, it's a good start. I have a wedding this weekend so that will be a challenge to say the least. I'm going to try save points today and tomorrow and exercise most days so hopefully I'll still see a loss next week. One thing that's annoying me is the leader of my WW class, she's absolutely useless, not a bit inspiring or motivating. I used go on Tuesdays before and the leader of that class was great. Tuesdays don't suit me anymore so I'm stuck with Little Miss Boring on Wednesdays! Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Feeling crappy today. Been up all night with a rotten headache, am now on two hourly anadin/panadol dosages :mad:. So off sick listening to Ray D'Arcy so a little bit happier.
    Anyways, cheated and went to WI at 10am instead of the usual 5.30 so offically stayed the same this week so doged the bullet there as have been a bold brat since Sunday, so now drawing the line under the week and back on track!
    Well done everybody on all the weight loss, hope everybody is having a good week.

• Advertisement

Hey Luvlylady...I attend a weds class in Donnycarney, The leaders name is Michael he's a little star i look forward to his classes and miss ou when i cant go to him!!..:D:D He can defo motivate anyone!! If your nearby give his class a try.. i think hes great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

Hi

I joined WW last night, dreaded weigh in brought me to 140.5 pounds! How horrible. My own goal weight for now is 10 pounds and I will see how I feel then. I started out great today with cereal, semi skimmed milk and a WW soup with brown bread. Then I had walk into town and I walked by a pic-n-mix and I literally couldnt stop myself. In total I picked out about 20-25 sweets, mostly jellies, which I'm counting up to 8 points since there is no other way to do it. I really wanted to have a good day since I'm going out to dinner tonight but just didnt happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Saucy-Susie, don't beat yourself up about it! Its very hard to get into the "swing of it" but I bet you'll pass the pick n' mix next time once you realise how many points you waste of stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Yahoo....damage limitation after last weeks disaster has paid off. Down 4 pounds this week :D

Feeling very motivated again for the week ahead. Having a dinner party on Saturday for the girls so know that will be tough wine wise but at least I will have control over what I eat. Reckon pull back a couple of points the other 6 days do some exercise and I'll be right as rain again for next weeks weigh in. Nearly cant wait for it already and Im only home from this weeks :P

Well done Shellybelly, 2.5!! and you're injured!! bloody fantastic. Thanks for the good luck wish too...seems to have worked.:D

Luvleylady wel done you too, thats a quater of a stone in one week. Great start, keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

1lbatatime!! that is great well done!! I felt the same at my weigh in tuesday! It just lifts your spirits. I had a good day yesterday hit my points on the button and today I was busy shopping all day so had a mcdonalds out which was 10.5points. Have 13.5 left!!
    Not really hungry yet, I have some smoked fish downstairs might make something with that and save up some points for tomorrow night!

How is everybodys week going?? :)

x

wasn`t goin to go at all 2nite to wi but if i stayed 2 weeks away it would be worse so in i went,up 1.5 lbs! saucey-susie,i know excactly how ur feelin,i couldn`t or didn`t resist anything last week! 2moro is start of a new ww week for me so i`ll try my best!:rolleyes:

hi doolee,ive about 16 lbs gone with 1 st or 1.5 st to go,don`t feel soo bad the last few lbs are the hardest to shift! keep it up!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 43 skii29

Hey

Just wondering can I join this thrend if it's ok? I have been reading through your posts over the past few days and I would like to say well done to everyone and keep up the good work on the weight loss. You have been my inspiration to rejoin weight watchers.
    I re-joined weight watchers this evening after an absense of 131 weeks. I managed to lose a pound in those 131 weeks. redface.gif
    I weighed in this evening at 11 stone 9 pounds. I'm about 5'7. Female. I'm hoping to reach 10 stone but I'm going to take it one day at a time.
    My biggest problem is alcohol. I could drink anything between 8 and 10 bottles of budweiser on a night out...maybe more. (That's alot of points I know rolleyes.gif). Along with that I could end up in the chipper after the nightclub( Another 20 points!). Alcohol has always been my weakness. I'm going to have to cut down or drink bud light. Exercise isn't a problem as I run and play sport. I love bread so I'm really going to have to cut back on that as well.
    Anyway I look forward to sharing my experiences with you over the next few weeks
    Thanks again
    Skii29

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

hey all! last week was my disater with it being patricks weekend and all so after hittin 8 and half ilbs loss i went up 2 which was to be expected with the amount i drank and ate over those days! :rolleyes: this week the wi in went great and los 2 and half! :D so delighted so im back on track! another 5 to go for the stone and a new dress for this weddin will be my treat!!
    The thing that helps me keep goin and not get down about the gain last week was that its a new week a new day so might have a bad day but will ave an even better one moro!

keep it up all we will get there!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

hey guys

i was down a pound last night delighted! :) hope veryone has a good weekend! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement