Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Megan81 wrote: »
    Hi All
    I've been hooked on this thread & after 2 weeks on propoints i'm down 10lbs. I fell off the wagon over the weekend but still didn't do too much damage.(

Hey Megan- I have been off the wagon a full week now- up 2lbs cause of it too.

Actually finding it super difficult to get motivated. Go over the points everyday- not cause I am hungry just cause....

Really going to make the effort from now one. Tomo is 1st of Feb so what better day to re-begin!!!

I am down to 147 now so aiming for 10lbs for the month- man that would be a nice number to see on the scales 137...

My biggest prob is doing the exercise.Without I just dont loose a single lb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Hi All
    I've been hooked on this thread & after 2 weeks on propoints i'm down 10lbs. I fell off the wagon over the weekend but still didn't do too much damage. I went into work this morning back in the zone until someone came up to me & congratulated me on my pregnancy. I got such a shock & managed to hold the tears back until I got home but can't stop since. At 5ft8in @ 13store I'm not under all illusions as to my size be considering my size 14 pants fits me no bother I never would have thought that mistake could have been made looking at me!
    Think I'm more embarassed than anything else. I know I should come back fighting but finding it very hard to pull myself out of this:(

Oh hun I know the embarrassment of having that said to you! It happened to me a few years ago where I worked too and I was MUCH slimmer than I am now! I nearly died and had no idea what to say!

I think its probably a mistake that every single woman has to deal with at least once in her life - it happened to a good friend of mine who is very very slim and she was asked if she was expecting by her boyfriends aunt when she was just a small bit bloated!

I know its no consolation but trust me whoever said it to you was probably twice as mortified when they realised their mistake! Try not let it get to you, if I was your height, weight & a size 14 Id be delighted with myself! :) x

fofany wrote: »
    Have to agree with Minx23 about having a good leader making all the difference. I have been very lucky. I first joined a long time ago - I think it was 1994! I reached my goal weight & kept the weight off. After my first child I even went back to my original weight no problem, but then I had 3 miscarriages ( and 1 of them was triplets), so with each pregnancy I put on some weight & then comfort ate a bit, so went back to weight watchers & it was back to my old leader. She was brilliant & knew everyone. After my second child was born I had a lot of weight to lose (it didn't fall off me this time) & went back to her. She died in a car crash on the day of my baby's 1st birthday & I couldn't bring myself to go back for a long time after that. So I spent the last few years carrying around an extra 1 1/2 stone. Eventually I did go back & the new leader is just as brilliant. It just seems strange not to have my old leader as I had been used to her for such a long time! I think the leader can make all the difference to your progress & have to agree about this forum being brilliant too.

Hi, found it very touching to hear of the struggles you went through to have your babies. Im delighted you have your little ones now (even if one is under the weather at the moment!) Also how tragic for your old leader to have died in a car accident. Its great your new one is just as brilliant because it truly does make all the difference to click with your leader. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

I have just caught up on everyones posting here tonight. Good luck for everyone with WI tomorrow. Megan, can't believe someone said that to you. You can't be that big (you are the same height as me & weigh less than I was a month ago & there is no way I looked pregnant) Don't worry about it. Hope the person is feeling silly tonight:D. Finglasgal1, I know what it is like to have a bad back. Over the years I have spent a fortune on a chiropractor & it has made a difference, although it took about 2 years before I was better. Still get relapses (am having one now since Christmas), but I know what it is like not being able to exercise.

I usually have my WI on a Tues morning, but my daughter is still sick & won't be at nursery in the morning so I can't go. Went this evening instead (same leader) & I was 1/2 lb down. Quite pleased as TOTM since yesterday, which always makes a difference. Wanted to lose a stone before my holidays (12 days to go), so maybe I'll get there - 3.5 lbs to go. Daughter has just come out in spots, so a bit worried in case it's chicken pox & we can't fly (I know she will be OK by then, but her sister may get it before then & still be infectious). Hopefully it's not that & just a reaction to the high temperature etc she had over the weekend. I'll be gutted if we don't get away & the kids will be devastated - we're going to Disneyland Paris!

Very pleased with my progress so far Wk1 -8lbs, Wk2 +2lbs, Wk3 -4lbs, Wk4 -0.5lbs. Total 10.5lbs in Jan. Will be really good before I go away, but know I won't be very good when I am away!;)

Well done on the weight loss, fingers crossed that you hit the stone off before you go! Hope the kids are better for the holiday, I am sure you will all have a lovely time.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

astra2000 wrote: »
    Well done on the weight loss, fingers crossed that you hit the stone off before you go! Hope the kids are better for the holiday, I am sure you will all have a lovely time.

Thanks. Spots have disappeared overnight, but she's still off nursery, so everything back on track for going away.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Hey Megan- I have been off the wagon a full week now- up 2lbs cause of it too.

Actually finding it super difficult to get motivated. Go over the points everyday- not cause I am hungry just cause....

Really going to make the effort from now one. Tomo is 1st of Feb so what better day to re-begin!!!

I am down to 147 now so aiming for 10lbs for the month- man that would be a nice number to see on the scales 137...

My biggest prob is doing the exercise.Without I just dont loose a single lb!

Oh i find it so hard to get motivated to exercise. I am quite good with the food side of things but that will only loose me so much before i hit a brick wall. Just hate the gym and not confident enough yet to get into a swimming costume. Not working at the moment either so means I am moving around less, no running to catch a bus etc ha. I do try to walk to as many places as I can if i need to go somewhere but just need to dig deep for that motivation grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Jaysis, class was a disaster today - just bickering between everyone!
    One woman asked that if you spent all your 49pts on alcohol would you still lose weight, leader was trying to talk about the healthy guidelines and it descended in to yeah but no but :rolleyes: Very frustrating - and another woman who reckoned they had "taken" the points from fruit and "added" them on to e.g pizzas.

Anyways.......apart from all the agro and sh1t talk a good day for me. I
    lost 2 lbs since last weigh in (2 weeks ago) to bring me to 9st5lb = bmi 23 :D

When I started ww in June 09 I was 11'7 and bmi 28.5. Got to ww goal of 10stone in October 09, but this little milestone has been one I've wanted for a long time now.

I also did my measurements this morning and after 4 weeks of my new weight-training programme and following the pro-points I've lost 1.5" off my waist and 2" off my hips :D

Good luck to all the fellow Tuesday weighers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Hi All
    I've been hooked on this thread & after 2 weeks on propoints i'm down 10lbs. I fell off the wagon over the weekend but still didn't do too much damage. I went into work this morning back in the zone until someone came up to me & congratulated me on my pregnancy. I got such a shock & managed to hold the tears back until I got home but can't stop since. At 5ft8in @ 13store I'm not under all illusions as to my size be considering my size 14 pants fits me no bother I never would have thought that mistake could have been made looking at me!
    Think I'm more embarassed than anything else. I know I should come back fighting but finding it very hard to pull myself out of this:(

Ah, no, you poor thing. However! Imagine their surprise as you get smaller rather than bigger. Size 14 is nothing to be ashamed off and you are doing really well on your weight loss which I am sure you are keeping at for better health and fittness ratherthan anything else. Do not mind what anyone else thinks. You do this for you.

One woman asked that if you spent all your 49pts would you still lose weight, leader was trying to talk about the healthy guidelines and it descended in to yeah but no but :rolleyes: Very frustrating - and another woman who reckoned they had "taken" the points from fruit and "added" them on to e.g pizzas.

Anyways.......apart from all the agro and sh1t talk a good day for me. I
    lost 2 lbs since last weigh in (2 weeks ago) to bring me to 9st5lb = bmi 23 :D

When I started ww in June 09 I was 11'7 and bmi 28.5. Got to ww goal of 10stone in October 09, but this little milestone has been one I've wanted for a long time now.

I also did my measurements this morning and after 4 weeks of my new weight-training programme and following the pro-points I've lost 1.5" off my waist and 2" off my hips :D

Excellent, well done!

I have just caught up on everyones posting here tonight. Good luck for everyone with WI tomorrow. Megan, can't believe someone said that to you. You can't be that big (you are the same height as me & weigh less than I was a month ago & there is no way I looked pregnant) Don't worry about it. Hope the person is feeling silly tonight:D. Finglasgal1, I know what it is like to have a bad back. Over the years I have spent a fortune on a chiropractor & it has made a difference, although it took about 2 years before I was better. Still get relapses (am having one now since Christmas), but I know what it is like not being able to exercise.

I usually have my WI on a Tues morning, but my daughter is still sick & won't be at nursery in the morning so I can't go. Went this evening instead (same leader) & I was 1/2 lb down. Quite pleased as TOTM since yesterday, which always makes a difference. Wanted to lose a stone before my holidays (12 days to go), so maybe I'll get there - 3.5 lbs to go. Daughter has just come out in spots, so a bit worried in case it's chicken pox & we can't fly (I know she will be OK by then, but her sister may get it before then & still be infectious). Hopefully it's not that & just a reaction to the high temperature etc she had over the weekend. I'll be gutted if we don't get away & the kids will be devastated - we're going to Disneyland Paris!

Very pleased with my progress so far Wk1 -8lbs, Wk2 +2lbs, Wk3 -4lbs, Wk4 -0.5lbs. Total 10.5lbs in Jan. Will be really good before I go away, but know I won't be very good when I am away!;)

Excellent, hope all will be well for the holiday, enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

just thougt i'd let ye know that the RTE guide has a weight watchers supplement again this week!!the marbled cheese cake looks yum:D

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

hey all,

so what way do people normally split up their points?

I am a nighttime picker so need to keep some for that,

im trying to do 4 for brek - 2 weetabix and a banana with skimmed milk and americano

lunch 7-9ish depending what I have
    then about 10 for dinner
    and rest for snacks

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

EveT wrote: »
    hey all,

im trying to do 4 for brek - 2 weetabix and a banana with skimmed milk and americano

then about 10 for dinner
    and rest for snacks

Hi Eve I tend to use

4-5 for breakfast
    7-8 for Lunch
    12 or so for dinner

The rest I use for snacks, what I've found helpful is working out in advance what I'm going to eat, calculate the points & then know in advance any extras I may have from my daily for snacks or an emergency, it's handy as well to know for my main meal Which I eat in the evening if I'll have extra for tasty bits like olives, sauces or gravy etc.

It's good to pinpoint your snacking habits though & account for the points it helps with not falling off the wagon so to speak! :)

EveT wrote: »
    hey all,

then about 10 for dinner
    and rest for snacks

Hi, Im the very same! I love to have a cup of tea in the evenings while watching tv with a curlywurly or some other little chocolate treat. I also find berrys and grapes great for picking at when you're watching tv. :) x

One woman asked that if you spent all your 49pts on alcohol would you still lose weight, leader was trying to talk about the healthy guidelines and it descended in to yeah but no but :rolleyes: Very frustrating - and another woman who reckoned they had "taken" the points from fruit and "added" them on to e.g pizzas.

Iv experienced that before too! It can be amusing at first, but frustrating after a while. Another thing I find very annoying is when one member (or maybe two) kinda takes over the class with their questions or stories or tips or whatever. You can see the poor leader struggling to branch out and include the rest of the group but this one big personality overpowers everything! It particularly gets on my nerves when its the same people who do this week after week! If you're in any way shy you're fecked!

Minx23 wrote: »
    Iv experienced that before too! It can be amusing at first, but frustrating after a while. Another thing I find very annoying is when one member (or maybe two) kinda takes over the class with their questions or stories or tips or whatever. You can see the poor leader struggling to branch out and include the rest of the group but this one big personality overpowers everything! It particularly gets on my nerves when its the same people who do this week after week! If you're in any way shy you're fecked!

We have a member who takes over every week & uses awful language even though our leader has asked her not to as there are small children present.

I lost 2 lbs since last weigh in (2 weeks ago) to bring me to 9st5lb = bmi 23 :D

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Oh god, I've gone off the rails lately!!! It's not even that I'm eating loads but I am eating sh*te!!! Had a chipper on Sunday night & then went to McDonald's for my lil sisters birthday yesterday and ended up getting a Big Mac meal...and then had a few chips and a quarter of a battered burger off the OH's plate last night!!

Back on track this morning, went into Tesco after dropping DD to montessori and bought 2 punnets of grapes, banana's, apples, baby potatoes & soup. Had 2 banana sambo's and Cully & Sully soup for lunch and nearly a full punnet of grapes through out the morning...I think I have turned it around but god, it's been so hard this week!!! Think I'll head to the butchers and get a nice piece of juicy steak for dinner!

I'm going to try on my wedding dress on Thursday evening and have WI before that, hoping the body suit will help the scales ha!! Wishful thinking!! Haven't been on here much the past few days so needed to vent and get some motivation from my WW support group!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Anyways.......apart from all the agro and sh1t talk a good day for me. I lost 2 lbs since last weigh in (2 weeks ago) to bring me to 9st5lb = bmi 23 :D

Oh my god that is brilliant! Well done Dotcomdolly! Im v.jealous! You have done brilliant! I dream of being 9st 5lb.... want to get to 9st 7lb in the next 2 months, working really hard at it! WI 2m so fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

shanasue wrote: »
    Hi all,
    made a yummy soup tonight
    2 leaks
    2 sticks celery
    2 cloves garlic
    1 bag of spinach
    1ish pint of veg stock
    Black pepper
    alfalfa sprouts - just started growing these...sooo easy :D

chop leaks celery and garlic and fry until soft, I didnt use any oil or spray, just tea spoon of water, add in hand fulls of spinach until it wilts, adding the odd spoon of water so it doesnt stick, when all the spinach is added add the stock, bring slowly to the boil and simmer until the veg is soft, mix in teh sprouts, let it cool for a bit then blend, its a beautiful green colour and good and thick, more stock can be added if it is too thick, I had a bowl with 1 tea spoon of low fat creme fraiche, but it didnt really need the creamyness of it!! very tasty and filling and 0pp ( apart from the creme fraiche!!)
    I dont point the stock either if I am having it over 2-3 days, it keeps great in the fridge.....super healthy!!!

my weigh in is wed evening, had a bad weekend, was at a wedding and drank my weight in Bulmers!! back on track now, threadmill arrives on Wed too...yeepee, never thought I'd be excited about getting a threadmill!! oh how times have changed :D:D

The soup looks yummy.. what i do when making veg soup is adding a couple of cheese portions, the triangle ones, and the light ones are just 1pp for 2 triangles so doesnt add much at all.
    I make simple soups like just courgettes, or just brocolli, sometimes i add spinach to the broccolli one and maybe a stock cube.. and of course the cheese..

1st WI tomorrow.. Gosh.. so nervous!! i think i've done pretty well so i really expect it reflects on the scales..

Lady Lainy - i feel bad asking you too, but can you please send me the muffins recipe? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

Anyone know how to calculate how many points in these buns. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hi Sallyanne, I moved your post from the old "how many WW points" thread, so it looks like you posted twice above.

I think it is better to keep all discussion to this main sticky thread as it saves people having to go check all the current threads, and stop people posting the same stuff twice.

I have closed the old thread but it can still be viewed, it was all the old points system and it seems everybody has moved to the pro-points.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

well i went for my first weigh in tonight, i joined WW last tue so I have lost 3 and half pounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

well i went for my first weigh in tonight, i joined WW last tue so I have lost 3 and half pounds!

thats fantastic well done!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    thats fantastic well done!

thanks a million :-)

Great result. Gives you a great incentive to keep at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 soph!

Had my third weigh in tonight was so so disappointed up a pound even tho stuck to it all week pointed everything!! Did weight watchers last year and lost 5 stone and never once put on weight while doing it. So upset

• Registered Users Posts: 8 meldorg20

thanks for all the advice on the recipes!
    had my 2nd Weigh in 2nite...not down but not up either...im in limbo dunno whether to be happy or sad! gonna get stuck in now this wk, its hard work tho...my limbo land is drawing me to some choclate, at least im goin football training now, otherwise think i wud be eating contents of cupboards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

3 and half :eek: well done that's brilliant. Would love it if I get that tomorrow!

soph! wrote: »
    Had my third weigh in tonight was so so disappointed up a pound even tho stuck to it all week pointed everything!! Did weight watchers last year and lost 5 stone and never once put on weight while doing it. So upset

Don't be disheartened. It's quite common the second time round for the weight loss to be slower and for some weeks to put up. If you stick with it again this week you may well see a big loss next week to make up for it :)

Eabha x

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »
    3 and half :eek: well done that's brilliant. Would love it if I get that tomorrow!

Don't be disheartened. It's quite common the second time round for the weight loss to be slower and for some weeks to put up. If you stick with it again this week you may well see a big loss next week to make up for it :)

Eabha x

Thanks a million! I am chuffed but felt i could of doin better! I bought the eating out book too as im going to Berlin on thur for 5days so dont want to fall of the wagon haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement