Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Any suggestions for breakfasts? I don't usually have breakfast unless I am off work and I need to get into the habit of it! I'm fed up eating the usual cereals and I don't like porridge...I had 2 boiled egg sandwiches last week and the PP just didn't seem worth it as I was still hungry after them!!

How about a couple of rasher medallions, scrambled egg made with a medium egg & 1 egg White with grilled/dry fried tomato & mushrooms it would bulk it out a bit more & the egg White & veggies would all be free & maybe have 1 slice of toast with it or 2 if really hungry & throw in a piece of fruit or small bowl of fruit salad?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Any suggestions for breakfasts?

A WW bagel is 4PP (as opposed to a New York bagel at 6pp!) with jam/honey and a banana is a total of 5pp.
    2 x weetabix with low fat milk and a load of fruit is 6PP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Birdie086 wrote: »
    found some low fat sausages in tesco this week,1pp each but they are on offer and doubt they will always be in stock.
    My morning goes like this - get up at the very last possible minute(i work evenings), give the small man his brekkie, get ready, get out the door, get the bus to school and walk back(30minutes), run to the kitchen and fry up two of the sausages with frylight, medium boiled egg, two slices of toast to make a sandwich and feels like a proper brekkie sandwich for 9pp, and keeps you going for aaaaaaages.

congrats on your upcoming big day by the way xx

yeah the hodgins low fat sausages are impossible to find even when they are not on offer! Friend of mine had to do a shop online to get them, cos ever branch was out of them!

I had my WI last night and was +2lb!!! I knew I would be so wasn't too shocked but tbh I think it's gotten me back on track!! I went to try on a wedding dress after WI and it was amazing but my goal now is to get into it in a smaller size...I'm not putting too much pressure on but it's the one day in my life I wna feel fantastic and I will!!!

Any suggestions for breakfasts? I don't usually have breakfast unless I am off work and I need to get into the habit of it! I'm fed up eating the usual cereals and I don't like porridge...I had 2 boiled egg sandwiches last week and the PP just didn't seem worth it as I was still hungry after them!!

What about the breakfast bran muffins I found? 4pp each, High Fibre, really filling, can even eat it in the car while in traffic if your in a hurry. I've eaten mine on the bus to college a few times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    What about the breakfast bran muffins I found? 4pp each, High Fibre, really filling, can even eat it in the car while in traffic if your in a hurry. I've eaten mine on the bus to college a few times :P
    The WW went out the window last week but will def go get the ingredients for these today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Have had a nightmare of a couple of days!!! My LO has gastro so it's been 2 sleepless nights I was so exhausted last night that I couldn't face cooking so my hubby ordered dominos ended up eating an entire large pizza
    Thin crust
    Low fat mozerella
    Peppers
    Onions
    Mushrooms
    Tomatoe
    Feel very guilty this morning had no weeklies left so this week has just been a disaster could anyone hazard a guess at what pp the pizza would be?

^ sorry to hear that Layla, I have the going out guide @ home & it does list Dominos in it so if you really want to know I'll post it later? :)

But maybe just write it off as experience you had an extremely tough few days & you fell off the wagon if you've no weeklies left well so be it but if knowing the points are over your daily are going to set you back in terms of feeling guilty etc, forget about it start afresh today & applaud yourself than you went for the 'lightest' option ie zero point veg, thin crust & low fat cheese! You didn't totally go nuts eating all round you so 1 off day will not throw off your entire journey & like I say you picked the light option & that's brilliant it would have been so easy not to & to throw in garlic bread & ice cream too!

If you want me to point it though I will just say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Hi all! Had 2 peices of good news today!
    1. Got our refund for our break to Egypt so get to book another break asap (hong kong I think, not even thinking about how many points I'll eat there!!)
    2. I fit into my skinny jeans!! I've 3 sizes of jeans in my wardrobe and I fit into my middle skinny pairs. I can even fit into my super skinny ones but they're not comfortable yet. But I will soon. Whoo hoo for dropping a dress size!! Well done everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Kay_80 wrote: »
    ^ sorry to hear that Layla, I have the going out guide @ home & it does list Dominos in it so if you really want to know I'll post it later? :)

But maybe just write it off as experience you had an extremely tough few days & you fell off the wagon if you've no weeklies left well so be it but if knowing the points are over your daily are going to set you back in terms of feeling guilty etc, forget about it start afresh today & applaud yourself than you went for the 'lightest' option ie zero point veg, thin crust & low fat cheese! You didn't totally go nuts eating all round you so 1 off day will not throw off your entire journey & like I say you picked the light option & that's brilliant it would have been so easy not to & to throw in garlic bread & ice cream too!

If you want me to point it though I will just say :)

Thank you Kay yes please would you mind :)
    She's doing much better thanks has managed to keep food down and sleep so here's hoping for an easy night

No bother Layla I'll do it when I get home from work & post up later this evening ;)

Glad she's doing better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Quorn style chicken dippers 1pp each - Not bad at all!

Yummy eaten as chicken nuggets but even better if you cut a couple up into a big 0pp salad to make it a bit more substantial. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

I bought the quorn mince today to try later. hope its nice!! am making spag bol with it so fingers crossed!!

jackmax wrote: »
    I bought the quorn mince today to try later. hope its nice!! am making spag bol with it so fingers crossed!!

Cook the Quorn mince with a little bit of beef stock! You wont know the difference! even splash out and get the some of the really fancy Knorr stock gel pots they are 1pt...same as oxo cubes :)

I just made Quorn Cottage pie, from start to finish 25mins to make! :)
    Will re-heat it later for dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    Hi all! Had 2 peices of good news today!
    1. Got our refund for our break to Egypt so get to book another break asap (hong kong I think, not even thinking about how many points I'll eat there!!)
    2. I fit into my skinny jeans!! I've 3 sizes of jeans in my wardrobe and I fit into my middle skinny pairs. I can even fit into my super skinny ones but they're not comfortable yet. But I will soon. Whoo hoo for dropping a dress size!! Well done everyone!!

Brilliant news - on both counts. I went to Hong Kong as part of my honeymoon (just over 10 yrs ago). I remember wondering how all the people fitted on the footpaths, it was so busy. And I can remember some of the restaurants noone spoke English & in some you only got chopsticks (if this is the case, you won't put on much weight if you can't manage to get the food into your mouth!:D)

Cook the Quorn mince with a little bit of beef stock! You wont know the difference! even splash out and get the some of the really fancy Knorr stock gel pots they are 1pt...same as oxo cubes :)

I just made Quorn Cottage pie, from start to finish 25mins to make! :)
    Will re-heat it later for dinner :)

oooh thats a good idea thanks :) i didnt see this before i cooked and i have to say it was lovely but will definitely try the gel pots with it. think i have some in the press. they are lovely. and for 1pp its very good. thanks for the tip :D do you have a recipe for the cottage pie?

oooh thats a good idea thanks :) i didnt see this before i cooked and i have to say it was lovely but will definitely try the gel pots with it. think i have some in the press. they are lovely. and for 1pp its very good. thanks for the tip :D do you have a recipe for the cottage pie?

Ingredients:
    Low Fat Cooking Spray
    50ml Beef Stock
    75ml Skimmed Milk
    1/2 Onion
    1 - 2 Garlic Cloves
    1/2 tablespoon Cumin, Pinch of Paprika,
    1/2 tablespoon Tomato Puree
    1/2 tablespoon worcestershire Sauce
    250g peeled chopped potatoes (raw)
    130g Quorn Frozen Mince

1. Bring Pan of water to a boil (do not salt the water) Boil potatoes until tender, then drain...and return to the empty bot to keep them hot.

2. Heat large stick pan and spray with low fat spray, Fry onion and garlic for 2 - 3 mins, and add the mince

3. Brown Mince all over, add spices. Add the beef stock, and 50ml of the Skimmed milk, tomato puree & worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10 mins.

4. Use the remaining 25ml of skimmed milk to cream mash the potatoes.

Preheat Grill

5. When the cooking liquid has evaporated from the mince mixture, you should have a rice "meat sauce".

6. Spoon Mince into an ovenproof dish and top with mashed potato. And place under grill for 8 - 10 mins until golden brown/bubbling.

I used a oven proof dish of 16cm across and 5cm deep

I put all the ingredients into the recipe builder of the UK weight watchers site and they calculated it at 11

thanks a million lady lainy :D sounds yummy!! will def give it a go. is the recipe just for one portion, the 11 pp?

thanks a million lady lainy :D sounds yummy!! will def give it a go. is the recipe just for one portion, the 11 pp?

yep, recipe makes one portion of 11pp Its from the J ust For Me ww cookbook

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hi all, went back to ww a few weeks ago, but finding it very hard to keep myself motivated, went to McDonalds today, disgusted with myself now!
    Anyway, I just bought an iphone app called iskinny to see if that will help me track better etc, just wondering if anyone has the formula for the propoints so that I can calculate points when i'm shopping while looking like I'm texting :)
    Thanks.

just wondering about activity points. in my book it says that 30 mins medium intensity is 3 pp but for 40 mins it says 2 pp :confused: this doesnt really make sense. now for the 40 min section it says the same numbers no matter what weight you are so im wondering is this a misprint??? can anyone help?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Crispoholic

Hi all, i started back at ww on tues. Had tried It before a couple of years ago and found it brill but i just lost interest! The new pp was kinda confusing at start but i tink ive gotten the hang of it!
    Ive been really good sticking to my daily pp but im eating alot of fruit,will this matter in my weigh in next week?
    I have also just splurged out and had a cadburys twirl :P yum yum! But now i have gone 6 points over my daily pp. Have only used up 8 of of weekly pp so far,hopefully i will see a result on Tues night :) or maybe i will be disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

just wondering about activity points. in my book it says that 30 mins medium intensity is 3 pp but for 40 mins it says 2 pp :confused: this doesnt really make sense. now for the 40 min section it says the same numbers no matter what weight you are so im wondering is this a misprint??? can anyone help?

Hi Jackmax,
    There is a mistake in the booklet, attaching replacement page here, thought the leaders would have publicised this a bit more, got this by email from a leader a few days after the first Jan meeting!
    Eimear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Hi M'lady - I would point the panini with the same points as French bread. And then add the points for the filling obviously.

Thanks bubbaloo, I pointed it at 10, I must check my pocket book later to see of that would seem right..

On another note, I made the fatal mistake today and entered a Mc Donalds with my daughter today..ended up having a chicken wrap..12 pp, agh!!!! Was so not worth it, Id have rathered half a bag of chips out of the chipper!!!!

Right so i've had 3 Quorn dinners this week. Haven't had a chance to do a drop of exercise....have a good feeling about tomorrows weight in! Kinda took a sneak peak a couple of minutes ago...if that number is anything to go by...i'll be a happy bunny in the morning!

I think those couple of meat free dinners really made the difference. Just made them that slightly bit healthier and lower in fat :) and i've been eating alot more veg this week too

Oooh and didnt have to get my tooth out :D Yippeeeeeee

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hi Jackmax,
    There is a mistake in the booklet, attaching replacement page here, thought the leaders would have publicised this a bit more, got this by email from a leader a few days after the first Jan meeting!
    Eimear

thanks a million. thats ridiculous that they dont have a note on the wall or something at the meetings about this!! anyway thanks for the link. your very good :)

Right so i've had 3 Quorn dinners this week. Haven't had a chance to do a drop of exercise....have a good feeling about tomorrows weight in! Kinda took a sneak peak a couple of minutes ago...if that number is anything to go by...i'll be a happy bunny in the morning!

I think those couple of meat free dinners really made the difference. Just made them that slightly bit healthier and lower in fat :) and i've been eating alot more veg this week too

Oooh and didnt have to get my tooth out :D Yippeeeeeee

good luck with wi tomorrow :)

Good for you Lainey, not sure what others think but i think the sneaky weigh ins are no harm at all!!! With a few days to go before a weigh in it can be the either kick in the butt/motivation to keep going that you need!!!

thanks a million. thats ridiculous that they dont have a note on the wall or something at the meetings about this!! anyway thanks for the link. your very good :)

No worries Jackmax, yeah i was very surprised, got the email from a leader of a meeting i don't go to very often, and two weeks later at my regular meeting the leader mentioned that the mistake had been noticed and she was still awaiting amendment!! So i sent it on to her!!

eimear1 wrote: »
    Good for you Lainey, not sure what others think but i think the sneaky weigh ins are no harm at all!!! With a few days to go before a weigh in it can be the either kick in the butt/motivation to keep going that you need!!!

lol i think the toothache just had me on a downer all week...so i was just moaning on about everything! Been on antibiotics since this morning. must be kicking in and starting to feel better....and got my mojo back!

I just checked the scales tonight cos i wanted to see if i cud have my big mug of coco :P my mug is a pint sized mug :P its the aldi coco, made with water...so its really just a pint of water :P but a pint of water weighs just over a lb! :P but i'm sure it'll be gone out of my system in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I just checked the scales tonight cos i wanted to see if i cud have my big mug of coco :P my mug is a pint sized mug :P its the aldi coco, made with water...so its really just a pint of water :P but a pint of water weighs just over a lb! :P but i'm sure it'll be gone out of my system in the morning.

I laughed when I read this...the lengths we will go to to get one over on the scales :D
    I went swimming the night before my WI a couple of times...would swim for best part of hour but also use steam room. Always had decent weight loss afterwards. Took me a couple of weeks to realise it was just fluid from the steam room :rolleyes:

Exercised for the first time tonight in about a week:o felt great to be out in the fresh air. Done a longer route than I normally would, I was really enjoying the cool wind on my face and a little spray of rain every now and again. Didn't want to stop. Had a sh1tty week in work, and it looks like the next few weeks are going to be just as bad. Really needed to brush of the cobwebs.

Heading out in the Big Smoke tomorrow night for the first time in years...really looking forward to it. Will obliterate the weeklies so going to have no point soup for lunch, which will give me a few extra for the day overall. Kinda spur of the moment decision, so really seeing the advantage of the weeklies!ha!

Have a great wkend everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement