Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

kildareash wrote: »
    Took me a couple of weeks to realise it was just fluid from the steam room :rolleyes:

Sorry a little confused, what you mean fluid from the steam room, is a loss not a loss no matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

eok56 wrote: »
    Sorry a little confused, what you mean fluid from the steam room, is a loss not a loss no matter?

Steam room encourages a temporary water loss. Fat loss is more desirable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

hi all you fellow WW. i am new to this thread but have really being enjoying following ye all:). Started back at WW 2 wks ago and so far am down 8 pounds:P my head is stuck in the new pro points book and am starting to get the hang of it i think!! all your posts have really helped me and thanks to ye all for pointing out so much of my favourite things. still confused over pointing old receipes and might need your help from time to time!! good luck to anyone going to classes 2moro, remember a loss is a loss no matter how small;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Sorry if this doesn't belong in this section, not sure if I need to start my own thread.

I've kind of been yo-yoing about the best way for me to lose weight. I have changed my diet over the last couple of weeks to make it more healthy although I have always eaten a healthy diet, with a few bad days but they were rare and are now non-existent. I have recently been considering trying weightwatchers.

I just don't understand how the system works and when you sign up what do you get? I won't be able to attend a class so am planning to do it at home. I'm just wondering if I sign up online what do I get? Is it some sort of starter pack with a book on how many points different foods are worth? Sorry about the vague/stupid questions but I really have no idea how it works but have heard it is very effective when done properly (as with most programmes).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

eok56 wrote: »
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Steam room encourages a temporary water loss. Fat loss is more desirable.

Sorry should have explained it better in my post, But Lady Lainy's reply is exactly what I meant.

@huggiebear...well done on your progress so far and welcome aboard!

@pixiebean...I'm doing the classes, but I think there are a lot more resources online than we have available in our packs. Also, the people doing it online seem to be better informed about the propoints. Also, you have the luxury of being able to pick your WI at a time and day that suits you rather than being stuck with the class times in your locality. There are a good few people that post here that are signed up online, I'm sure they will be able to tell you more about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

@pixiebean...I'm doing the classes, but I think there are a lot more resources online than we have available in our packs. Also, the people doing it online seem to be better informed about the propoints. Also, you have the luxury of being able to pick your WI at a time and day that suits you rather than being stuck with the class times in your locality. There are a good few people that post here that are signed up online, I'm sure they will be able to tell you more about it.

Thanks! Yeah the problem, the only class near where i live i can't make and all the other classes are too far away.

I'm assuming I get my pack and that contains whatever it does, need some clarification on this? And then I start recording what I'm eating, weigh myself once a week and put this in online. Do I get feedback on that from other online ww people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Good luck in the morning lady lainy,
    you are great for postin and you muffin recipie seems to be going down a storm, hope you get the results you want in the morning.

Love this forum, find the support and advice great, maybe we should all start clubbing our tenners together for a breakaway boards group ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Just had my 5th WI and it's a STS which I'm happy with cox I've had a nightmarish week so today is a new wk so fresh start
    Oh and my LO is doing much better she slept all night and has drank 4oz of cool boiled water and hasn't gotten sick or pooped (sorry tmi) so hopefully this gastro bug has left her system

Thanks! Yeah the problem, the only class near where i live i can't make and all the other classes are too far away.

I'm assuming I get my pack and that contains whatever it does, need some clarification on this? And then I start recording what I'm eating, weigh myself once a week and put this in online. Do I get feedback on that from other online ww people?

Down 2lbs this morning....dont know how the hell i managed that without any excercise! But i have been eating pretty good. I've been cooking and baking this week.

It seems lately I have a big food/drink based occasion nearly every 2nd week! Some events you can get out of...but some are unavoidable!

I'm using ww online thru the uk site, you get access to the whole site, premium content, you get an online tracker, a data base of foods, activity calculator, piints calculator....your dont actually get a "pack" everything is done thru the website online. I find it great....as you said...when done properly.

The uk online ww is something you use and utilise daily! There is a community forum you can use on there, but really your doing it alone...no one see's your results but you...I use this thread as my "support network" its like a giant class!

I bought the pro points electronic calculator on ebay. The UK site technically is only for UK residents so they dont ship and sell to Ireland. When signing up I used a UK post code in my address and it was accepted. I pay with my Irish credit card.

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Just had my 5th WI and it's a STS which I'm happy with cox I've had a nightmarish week so today is a new wk so fresh start
    Oh and my LO is doing much better she slept all night and has drank 4oz of cool boiled water and hasn't gotten sick or pooped (sorry tmi) so hopefully this gastro bug has left her system

glad to hear you LO is on the road to recovery, as for STS - on a bad week is always better than a gain!!(took me a while to figure out what ye all meant by sts)

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Down 2lbs this morning....dont know how the hell i managed that without any excercise! But i have been eating pretty good. I've been cooking and baking this week.

It seems lately I have a big food/drink based occasion nearly every 2nd week! Some events you can get out of...but some are unavoidable!

I'm using ww online thru the uk site, you get access to the whole site, premium content, you get an online tracker, a data base of foods, activity calculator, piints calculator....your dont actually get a "pack" everything is done thru the website online. I find it great....as you said...when done properly.

The uk online ww is something you use and utilise daily! There is a community forum you can use on there, but really your doing it alone...no one see's your results but you...I use this thread as my "support network" its like a giant class!

I bought the pro points electronic calculator on ebay. The UK site technically is only for UK residents so they dont ship and sell to Ireland. When signing up I used a UK post code in my address and it was accepted. I pay with my Irish credit card.

well done on you loss lainy, I like that you do your weigh in on a sat morn -I reckon it would help keep you on the straight and narrow,

do you take measurements?? I find they are a great way of giving yourself another tangible result for your hard work.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    well done on you loss lainy, I like that you do your weigh in on a sat morn -I reckon it would help keep you on the straight and narrow,

do you take measurements?? I find they are a great way of giving yourself another tangible result for your hard work.

I attempted taking measurements before but just found it so awkward. I kinda just go by my clothes....I can definitely feel i'm losing it in the boobs LOL

Yeah, I do my weight ins Saturday morning, That way I can give my self a treat....if i deserve it on my Saturday night....instead of having a treat on another night...and then wanting another splurge on a Saturday...2 birds one stone kinda thing :P And with Saturday weight in...it means i HAVE TO BE GOOD Friday nights

Off to make some muffins in the minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

well done on your losses girls :D
    just had a yummy muffin for breakfast. cant believe how nice they are for just 4pp:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done Layla and lady Lainy. Glad to hear your LO is on the mend Layla.

I think I'm going to have to try these muffins. My OH has to have a low fibre diet...Wld they be suitable for him or is there anyway I can adjust the recipe?

Well done Layla and lady Lainy. Glad to hear your LO is on the mend Layla.

I think I'm going to have to try these muffins. My OH has to have a low fibre diet...Wld they be suitable for him or is there anyway I can adjust the recipe?

They are extremely HIGH in fibre...10g of Bran in each muffin! I think he would be best avoiding them.

jackmax wrote: »
    well done on your losses girls :D
    just had a yummy muffin for breakfast. cant believe how nice they are for just 4pp:D

I just finished making 2 dozen :P Going to freeze most of them.

Muffin & Skinny Cappuccino 5pts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Oh my first batch of muffins in the oven they look delicious took your advice lady lainy used strawberries cant wait to taste them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Fell off the wagon Thursday and Friday, help! :(

Went 5PP over budget on Thurs and about 12PP over budget last night! and can't even take it out of my treat points as I have allocated them for alcohol tonight because it is my friends birthday.

Not feeling motivated at all this week, only exercise I have done is Zumba class on Thurs nite and have no time to do any today (and it's lashing rain).

Any ideas on how I can get back on track and feel motivated and confident again?

well done layla and lady lainey. gr8 work!! nice to start a sat with a weight loss. can anyone help me out on this, in our book it says each 5 g of sugar is 1 pp, hence 100g of sugar shd be 20, but when i pointed it on calculator online it is telling me 10 or 11. i like to bake and i couldnt understand how the banana bread in the sunday world supp is 42 pp ttl when i getting it higher. where am i going wrong:(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Hi ladies can I join in? I joined ww last Monday and I love the new pro points system. Unfortunately I haven't been able to stick to my points on most days. I lost my dad over a month ago and I find I am comforting eating in the evenings to try and numb the pain of the loss.
    I am so good all day eating healthy and sticking to the points until the dreaded evenings come, then I go WAY overboard. I'm hoping that joining in here will help me get motivated to stick to the plan.
    Does anyone have any good ideas for low point snacks I could eat in the evenings when the munchies attack? I am going to make the chicken curry for dinner tonight, the one in the booklet.
    I know Mondays weigh in will be bad I will probably be up weight. How embarrassed will I be to have a gain on the first week lol. Oh well hopefully it will give me the kick up the bum I need to get focused.
    Looking forward to chatting to everyone.

• Advertisement

elsy wrote: »
    Oh my first batch of muffins in the oven they look delicious took your advice lady lainy used strawberries cant wait to taste them.

Hope you like them! I <3 them! For 4pp they are a bargain!

Monife wrote: »
    Fell off the wagon Thursday and Friday, help! :(

Went 5PP over budget on Thurs and about 12PP over budget last night! and can't even take it out of my treat points as I have allocated them for alcohol tonight because it is my friends birthday.

Not feeling motivated at all this week, only exercise I have done is Zumba class on Thurs nite and have no time to do any today (and it's lashing rain).

Any ideas on how I can get back on track and feel motivated and confident again?

I feel your pain, I am still finding it hard to get into the swing of this plan, my WI is thursday morning, so I go to my meeting and come out all enthusiastic etc and this usually last till..........well.........thursday evening or friday ha ha. I keep having to talk to myself and remind myself why I am dong this. my biggest problem is I dont believe I am fat. I weigh 16 stone and am in total denial!!!!!! I am not saying this is whats going on with you but how i deal with my slip ups is a bit like AA - one day at a time!!! Had a dreadful week last week but didnt gain so the changes in my lifestyle are obviously slowly but surely creeping in.
    Gonna stick at it.

Draw a line under your few days that are you are unhappy about and start afresh. Good luck and keep at it.

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Hi ladies can I join in? I joined ww last Monday and I love the new pro points system. Unfortunately I haven't been able to stick to my points on most days. I lost my dad over a month ago and I find I am comforting eating in the evenings to try and numb the pain of the loss.
    I am so good all day eating healthy and sticking to the points until the dreaded evenings come, then I go WAY overboard. I'm hoping that joining in here will help me get motivated to stick to the plan.
    Does anyone have any good ideas for low point snacks I could eat in the evenings when the munchies attack? I am going to make the chicken curry for dinner tonight, the one in the booklet.
    I know Mondays weigh in will be bad I will probably be up weight. How embarrassed will I be to have a gain on the first week lol. Oh well hopefully it will give me the kick up the bum I need to get focused.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I ve been there and its tough. Dont forget to look after your mind at the moment, you are going through a lot whether you realise it or not.
    as regards evening snacks how about having some 0pp fruit handy, chopped, peeled, whatever beside you in a bowl and pick away at that.

So sorry to hear about your dad! I understand the comfort eating all too well.. .my comfort eating started when i was 9 when my older sister died. So your not alone in what your doing!

Tell your leader about why your eating so much...at least that will elevate any embarrassment you may have....cos to be honest you have nothing to be embarrassed about...if anything you will will get credit and encouragement for what your doing, considering the loss your suffering at the moment.

low pt Treats:
    Aldi Hot chocolate 1pt a sachet
    Kellogs Milk & Cereal Bars 2pt a bar
    Fruit Salad with a ww yoghurt, toffee, vanilla, there's even some lemon cheesecake flavoured yoghurts in the ww Dessert Style yoghurt pack. Use Skimmed milk and 0pt fruit to make some smoothies. Make it nice and thick so it takes a while to drink

Try having 4 - 5 smaller meals thru out the day rather than 3 main meals,
    Give your self scheduled snacks too :) That way for most of the day...you kinda have a meal/snack to look forward to.

Thanks Birdie and Lady Lainy its good to talk to people who have gone through similar experiences. Sorry to hear about your sister that must have been very hard. It is horrible for me at the moment as it was sudden death so I don't think It has even hit me properly yet. But life has to go on I suppose. I am getting married this year so I had to do something about the eating before it gets out of hand. The weight is just piling on :eek:

That fruit and yogurt sounds like a good idea that will keep me going for awhile thanks.

So sorry to hear about your loss. remember onwards and upwards. we are all here for each other! Do remember it is very important to grieve. Hope Monday wont be as bad as u think:rolleyes:

Thanks Huggiebear, I'm going to start from fresh again Monday, think I'l get all the mad rubbish eating out of the way first this weekend. Then focus focus focus for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

I just got back from shopping and am off to make some muffins...I also bought Quorn Mince so will trt that out during the week!

I have had a very good couple of days so far! Only used 34 of my 36PP yesterday and doing well so far today...Just had a gorgeous baguette with ham and king lite there for 12PP - I love my rolls and haven't had any since starting 4 weeks ago!! Going to use some weeklies tonight for a battered sausage & chips and a few vodka's & fanta zero!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey a really quick question, and it may sound stupid, I bought the silicone muffin tray in Dunnes and the ingredients for lainey's muffins, but I forgot to buy muffin cases, but do you actually need to use them in the silicone trays? Sorry I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to baking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I feel your pain, I am still finding it hard to get into the swing of this plan, my WI is thursday morning, so I go to my meeting and come out all enthusiastic etc and this usually last till..........well.........thursday evening or friday ha ha. I keep having to talk to myself and remind myself why I am dong this. my biggest problem is I dont believe I am fat. I weigh 16 stone and am in total denial!!!!!! I am not saying this is whats going on with you but how i deal with my slip ups is a bit like AA - one day at a time!!! Had a dreadful week last week but didnt gain so the changes in my lifestyle are obviously slowly but surely creeping in.
    Gonna stick at it.

Draw a line under your few days that are you are unhappy about and start afresh. Good luck and keep at it.

Thanks Birdie.

I am 16 stone 1.5lb (was 18stone 3lbs, started WW in November), and I used to think the same as us (sisters in a past life maybe haha). I used to not think I was fat at all and when I looked in the mirror I thought I was grand but when I saw photo's I thought oh god and it would just make me reach for the junk food again. I definitely think the good changes are in my life now, just need to get off the guilty thing and if I have something bold, be better the next day.

Thanks for the advice :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement