Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

Well, so far I'm having a much better day than yesterday. No Pick and Mix! Always a good thing. I had cereal for my breakfast and a banana when I got to work. Lunch was a small fish and veg sushi packet from Marks and Spencers which was only 5 points plus a small fruit cup of apple, kiwi and mango. Very nice!
    I have a banana sitting on my desk for later and after I eat that I have 8 points left for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Everyone seems to be getting back on track now after the Paddys weekend bank hol, well done all.

I've had a great start again to my week :) Weetabix and banana for breakfast, 0 point soup with brown bread and a ww fromais frais for lunch and dinners in cookin, steak, roast veg and baby spuds.......mmm, hungry. And even more I still have points left to have a little something with a cuppa after wards :D

Well done ladiee24, thats a great weeks work :)

Welcome Skii29, you are of course most welcome and Im glad to hear you have been inspired by this thread to rejoin ww. It is great here to know you are not alone in the battle whether you have 10 pounds or 10 stone to loose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I have just found the nicest little treat! Well so i think anyway. They are twister ice pops but a mini version and chocolate!! 1point and yummy!! I bought the weightwatchers mini tubs of chocolate brownie and they were 3points.
    The mini choc twisters are much better value points wise and are an ice-cream and chocolate fix in one...and i think taste nicer!!

Kinda nervous about my weigh in this week, 5lbs in a week was alot for me and im a bit afraid that im gna stay the same or put on this week.

I kept to my 24points wed and thur and tonight I saved 3.5 points. Fingers crossed I do well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey everyone...some great losses this week anyways guys... im lovin it :D:D

So far my week has been awful but im still writing everything down even though iv been way over!...In work tomorrow so gonnna get back into routine...Im allowed to walk now once im not in pain so monday back to the gym for maybe a little walk and swim...(nothing too vigorous yet!!:))...

Enjoy the rest of the weekend k guys!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Hi All,

Thanks for the welcome and motivational speak after my venting post before! Had my WI today and was super surprised to be down 1.5lbs so only 1.5 to my stone! Really motivated.
    Good luck to everyone for the rest of the week! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Morning everybody! This day annoys the be-j'us out of me! Will spend the whole morning going around changing clocks and not having a clue what time it is!!!!

Tracksuit and runners on and about to go out the door for a long long walk! Have a lot to make up - guess what lunch was yesterday????? A HOT APPLE PIE FROM McDONALDS!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Have a good day everybody!

Evening ladies and Gents,

What a fast weekend it's been. Well the girls were over last night and I went a little overboard!!! and to be honest today wasnt much better....Friday was good and I went for a walk yesterday so Im hoping that along with a real push the next few days and I hope I can get a loss of even just half a pound :)

Best of luck everyone for the next few days as the weigh ins begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

just wondering Ladiee 24,how do you know 23rd april will be the day that you reach target?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hollyhock wrote: »
    just wondering Ladiee 24,how do you know 23rd april will be the day that you reach target?

hey hollyhock it was a date i set for myself i aimed to loose 1.5 - 2 pounds per week & I worked out the date i would hit goal i've had a few hiccups along the way but i found it a great way to keep me motivated. i'd say i'll reach goal in may now but it was a great help!

just realised what ur name meant,1lbAtaTime! Very good! im havin a week very much like ur`s,fri very good,sat not good but had a long walk,a lot of it up-hill and to-day didn`t improve! roll on porridge in morn!

• Advertisement

:)good idea Ladiee24! best of luck,keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Mialin

Hi, I've decided to take the plunge and re-join ww.
    I was really successful in the past losing over two stone and it stayed off for a year and now i would say i have probably but on the two and definately another 1 at least. Honestly do not know how it happened i think someone is injecting me with fat cause even though im not sticking to healthy eating i am not eating the amount to justify my weight but sure how and ever thats life and i have to do something about it. Does anyone recommend a good class in the south dublin area? Terenure/walkinstown area if possible but i also work near clondalkin??

Oh and well done everyone!:)

Thanks Hollyhock :)

Today has been successful, porridge for breakfast, salad with tin of tuna and hard boiled egg for lunch and ww spagetti on toast for dinner,,,,,followed by a little chocolate treat and still only 14.5 points :)

Also very organised this morning so had the runners and trackies with me and went for a half hour walk in the park on the way home. Loving the bright evenings and it was really lovely out walking. I think Im a seasonal looser!! as in Im much better in the summer I lost quite a lot of weight and for most of the Winter I have struggled...I feel Im getting back into the swing of it now which is great. Next weekend will need to be really good again to get another few pounds off because not sure how this weeks weigh in will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

WI earlier today. Down a pound. Happy with that because I found it hard going this week as it was my birthday. Hard to resist birthday cake- especially when it's yer own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi Guys, well done on all the losses and Happy Birthday breadandjam!! Have been reading the last few weeks but haven't posted in ages. WI tonight and pretty nervous. Have had a bad few weeks and didn't go last week. I've been good today and yesterday and not overly bad rest of week but possible that last few bad weeks will catch up!. Anyhow, I'll wait and see how it goes. Good luck to everyone else who has WIs.

Well done breadandjam....1 pound in a week is always good and when its your birthday its probably worth even more if you count the pounds you potentially could have put on with the xcuse of a birthday :)

I've had another good day,,,,definitely working hard to make up the points eaten at the weekend. Fingers crossed the hard work will pay off at the weigh in on Thursday. Have even managed to get some exercise in this week so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi Guys, I was down 1.5 last night. Delighted with myself because I had tried really hard to reign myself in the last few days and did some great exercise. I am now back to being 1 over my goal so I want to get back under that and then it should be easier to maintain. I found a great food for lunch. The WW tuna in tomato and herb sauce. Its really tasty especially with extra light philadelphia. I put it on a bagle and bring it in for lunch and its five points but really filling. You can add lettuce and cucumber to bulk it up. Feeling very summery this week with the bright evening so bought some strawberries and chopped them up. I will mix with them with the big muller light yogurt to make a 1.5 point afternoon snack. Just an idea. I usually have ryvita and laughing cow so will be nice for a change.

Hi all...

Well done pickchick thats amazin how you stay so focused at goal...i will be loving it if i could be like that when i eventually reach goal..!!:D:D

Well was dwn 0.5lb this week which is fine considering i had to claw back the week since sunday so a loss is a loss..!!

Leader made great point bout getting it into your head that its the WEIGHT that matters and not the WAIT to get it off..I no i can be ahead of myself sometimes and with me out of exercise for weeks now i really did have a knock back... But im back now and staying :):)...I am gonna keep that in my head for the week and takes things with the gym slowly but surely!!...

Just wanted to share a good thought with you all!!

Good Luck to all WI today and tomorrow!! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Hey everyone, so I had my weigh in yesterday and gained 2 and a half pounds, considering I went to the gym on fri and yesterday I was dissapointed, I did not even stay for the talk cos I wanted to go home and eat crap and finish it up so I can start of today on a clean sweep, and she also wants to see my tracker next week so need to be careful about what I eat, so far so good! Anyway well done to everyone on your losses and stick at it. On another note does anyone here go to the gym, I was there yesterday and I love using the treadmill but everytime I go there the treadmills are always in use and thier is a sign saying 20 minutes only if its busy, so I only got on for 10 minutes, it really annoys me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 clairem

Hi everyone,
    I just started ww today. I did it before around 4 years ago but only stayed for a few weeks as I only had a few pounds to lose back then. I had my first weigh in today - I was 11st3 today - a stone heavier than I started at the last time :(

I'd love to get down to nine stone but I'd be delighted with 9.5stone, which is prob a lot more realistic for me. Anyway I think the best thing to do is take it a pound at a time and see what happens :)

I'm getting married next year and I dont want to be a pudgy bride!!! Just want to feel good about how I look again as I'm really not happy being this size. I feel so much better about myself since I decided to join ww again. I've been following the plan for the past week and I feel great. Hopefully my enthuaism will last!!

I've been reading this thread for the past few nights and I think it's great. You're all very encouraging and seem to be doing great :o I'll post in next week after my meeting and let you know how I get on. Hopefully I'll lose something anyway.

• Advertisement

hey guys n gals,

not been on much this week it's been a bit of a strange one. i have been eating terribly & haven't been feeling the best at all the past couple of days. i've got my weigh in tonight so hopefully the damage won't be too bad :)

well done to everyone this week loose or gain. i think i'll be on the gain side this week but i'll be loosing next week. did my food shopping early this week so when i get back from WW tonight no junk food just cause it's after weigh in.

i'll update with you all tonight wish me luck :o i really need it

Evening All

Got some good news this evening at my weigh in....down 1.5 pounds, I'm delighted with it after the weekend I had I really tried all the other days and it seems to have paid off.

The walking was definitely a help too but that has definitely been helped since the evenings are brighter and longer. I cant imagine how well I could have done if I didnt have 2 off days.

So this week Im highly motivated again. I really want to feel good next week going to my weigh in.

Good luck to all with weigh ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 skii29

Hi everyone
    Well done to everyone this week and keep up the good work!
    I was down 2 lbs this evening so I am now 11 stone 7 pounds. Delighted but I reckon it going to get harder to lose the pounds from now on
    Any advice from those who have suppressed that weight?
    Thanks

:eek::eek::eek: i'm in so much shock guys i lost 2lbs tonight i'm so happy it's really spurred me on looking forward to the weekend more than ever now!!!

well done to everyone who lost this week hope this fab weather lasts the weekend for us & you all have a lovely time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Up 3 lbs. :(:( Competeley expected as I've had a miserable week, been sick with a headache, haven't walked an inch and have gone completely mad with food but am now kicking myself for not copping onto myself sooner and doing something to avert the disaster!

Not to worry, treated myself to the electronic pointer. So hopefully will be back on track tomorrow.

Hope everybody else is having a better time than me!

Well done on the losses guys....

After my loss, weds was fine den yday my meals were all over place and i snacked my way thru the whole day. But iv decided to start again today...trying to fill up and snack on low points and zero foods where and when i can so fingers crossed i can grab it back today:)..Have couple drinking days the weekend too with birthdays etc but jus trying to plan ahead as much as possible!!

Enjoy the weather hope it lasts :D:D

Well guys, Ive had a reasonably good start to my week. Eating was all good but I am ashamed to admit I skipped the walk on the way home from work this evening using the excuse of the rain!! really I know it is not heavy rain and this isnt a valid excuse......as my ww leader always says......Im not disprin so I wont melt if I walk in the rain!!! So I will definitely have to get up in the morning and get out no excuses.

Turns out Im off to Limerick tomorrow overnight so my routine will be a little harder to keep this weekend but I think I am so motivated at the moment I wont be too bad :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

For those who gained this week tomorrow is another day so dont worry take it 1 day at a time and 1lbAtaTime as my name says ;)

Well done to all for the losses...keep up the good work.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone,

After my 5lb loss last week I put on 2lb this week :( but not to worry as my leader pointed out if you look at it over two weeks its a 3lb loss overall and thats 1.5lb a week which is bang on target. But I'm determined to be down this week!!

I have 5lb to lose to get my two stone and I'm gona get there. Sometimes its very disheartening that I'v been here before. The first time was 2005 and it look me 9months to lose 2stone 9lb, I started at 16st7 and my lowest was 13st12.

I went back Jan '08 and i was at my highest ever 17st 1lb, I felt so ashamed!! I lost 11lbs, that took me a very lenghty 7months!!! I lost all motivation and left AGAIN!!

I went back in Oct just gone and I was 16st 5.5lb so had just put on half a pound. So now after many losses and gains and motivation and severe lack of I am 15st 6lb and altogether am down 23lbs.

Some days I am so motivated and think this is easy just don't eat crap whats so hard, if I want to be slim and healthy it's not that difficult but other days its the hardest thing in the world! I was in tesco tonight and bought a DVD and it was so tempting to get crisps, chocolate, ice-cream and everything else they had that i was so tempted by but I didn't. I got a bottle of diet coke and swiftly left!!

Sorry for the majorly long post I just needed time to vent and also something to distract me from food and temptation. I have 12points left for the day so I am going to get a chow mein as the family are getting a chinese and I know if I try and not have any I will slip up so I'm just going to incorporate it into my day.

How does everybody else struggle with temptations?? I find it really hard sometimes. I'm in college and I work late as a supervisor which means I eat out alot aswell and it can be really hard to get healthy low point options. Sometimes I'm really well prepared and have excellent days.

I find that If I eat really good I cant use all my 24points!!! And if I have a bad day I go way over!! God its one extreme or another!!

I hope this week is gonna be a good one. Good luck to everyone and apologies for the big rant!! But it's made me feel a little lighter :D even though only on the shoulders!!!

J x

P.S. I find this website can be really handy for finding points values of food that arn't in the WW Eating Out book or Food Guide; http://www.freewebs.com/noreenblackett/.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 skii29

Hi everyone

Does anyone know how many weight watchers points are in a 330ml bottle of budweiser light?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

skii29 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Does anyone know how many weight watchers points are in a 330ml bottle of budweiser light?

Thanks

1.5points

This site has 100's of points values....

www.freewebs.com/noreenblackett/index.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement