Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey a really quick question, and it may sound stupid, I bought the silicone muffin tray in Dunnes and the ingredients for lainey's muffins, but I forgot to buy muffin cases, but do you actually need to use them in the silicone trays? Sorry I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to baking!

m'lady nope you don't need cases with the silicone tray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks Layla, just have them in the oven now, hope I havent made a b***s of them!!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Down 2lbs this morning....dont know how the hell i managed that without any excercise! But i have been eating pretty good. I've been cooking and baking this week.

Well done Lainy, I'm delighted for you! Just baking your muffins now, can't wait to have one with a coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Hey a really quick question, and it may sound stupid, I bought the silicone muffin tray in Dunnes and the ingredients for lainey's muffins, but I forgot to buy muffin cases, but do you actually need to use them in the silicone trays? Sorry I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to baking!

I'm totally new to baking, My mum says I should just use the silicone tray on its own. I just happen to have the muffin cases in the press so i'm using them with the silicone tray. Try them out just in the tray :) Its all about learning and sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Hey guys , just wondering if anyone can help me with this. just wondering how many pro points you would allow for a quater pounder and chips ??
    i still have my weeklys left so just wondering how much i would have to allow for it ??

Thanks ,
    cat

• Advertisement

Yup Lainy used them without the cases and it worked perfectly, I used a lil spray oil just to 'grease' the tray,and they came out without sticking at all. Very handy I have to say, Im gonna try buy more of those silicone things for bread etc.

Just had a muffin, absolutely gorgeous!

On a different note, has anyone tried the spelt bread? I was in my local coffee shop today, the place where I'd automatically order a scone with jam and cream (about 16 pp Id imagine!), anyway told the girl I was on WW and she recommended the spelt bread, its gorgeous, really tasty and filling!

Hey guys , just wondering if anyone can help me with this. just wondering how many pro points you would allow for a quater pounder and chips ??
    i still have my weeklys left so just wondering how much i would have to allow for it ??

Thanks ,
    cat

I'd allow 14 pp for the chips anyway, really not sure about the burger as I don't eat meat, but I would imagine it could be possibly be about 16 pp, but I could be completely wrong on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Hi ladies can I join in?
    Welcome DarkBlonde. Sorry for your loss, as one of the other posters said it's really important to grieve for your dad. Your probably still in shock, so don't be too hard on yourself if your not sticking to your points. Give yourself time to get over your dad's passing first and get yourself in the right frame of mind for healthy eating and weight loss.;)

Birdie086 wrote: »
    my biggest problem is I dont believe I am fat. I weigh 16 stone and am in total denial!!!!!!

I think we must be triplets. I was/am the exact same. When I'm watching operation transformation or any of those type shows, I'll say to himself god she's the same weight as me but my face isn't as round as that or my bum isn't as big as hers. When in fact it is or probably bigger!! Poor guy doesn't know what to say.
    I was nearly 17 stone last August:eek::o, but now I'm 15 stone exactly now and hopefully I'll be under it at my next WI.

Somebody was saying about not being able to exercise today coz of the rain. Normally I use the same excuse but I had to walk the dogs today coz we were going away this evening. I was dreading it, but I put on all my waterproofs and just went and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Yup Lainy used them without the cases and it worked perfectly, I used a lil spray oil just to 'grease' the tray,and they came out without sticking at all. Very handy I have to say, Im gonna try buy more of those silicone things for bread etc.

Just had a muffin, absolutely gorgeous!

On a different note, has anyone tried the spelt bread? I was in my local coffee shop today, the place where I'd automatically order a scone with jam and cream (about 16 pp Id imagine!), anyway told the girl I was on WW and she recommended the spelt bread, its gorgeous, really tasty and filling!

All those kinda silicone baking trays are on offer next week in lidl i think! I'm going to try those cheese and tomato muffins in the supplement with RTE guide next week. they are 4pp too :D

Call my the muffin gal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Monife wrote: »
    Fell off the wagon Thursday and Friday, help! :(

Went 5PP over budget on Thurs and about 12PP over budget last night! and can't even take it out of my treat points as I have allocated them for alcohol tonight because it is my friends birthday.

Not feeling motivated at all this week, only exercise I have done is Zumba class on Thurs nite and have no time to do any today (and it's lashing rain).

Any ideas on how I can get back on track and feel motivated and confident again?
    Monife I am going to be a right pain here and suggest that you do take them off your weeklys and cut back on the alcohol tonight. I am not trying to be a a killjoy but years of dieting has shown me that once I allow myself to break/bend the rules it becomes a really slippery slope! I think that drawing a line under a bad day is no harm, but if we paid for these bad times perhaps we would think twice before having them again. I used a lot of points yesterday and usually sat and sun are the days when I would use the majority of my 49 points, I have only 15 left:o but I am determined to stick within my points, otherwise come next fri I will do the exact same thing!
    Monife I think you have done fantastic up until now and I am not trying to wind you up so please dont take this wrong. Think how glad you will feel tomo morn if you stay within your points. enjoy your night:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

just wondering how many pro points you would allow for a quater pounder and chips ??
    It would depend on if it was a chipper or mcdonalds/BK type place.

these are old points below
    rubadub wrote: »
    Bag of chips from Italian chipper 455g

Going off mc-cains site their premium chips are 253kcal and 7.2g fat sat per 100g

So 1,151kcal and 33g sat fat so 24.5points for the bag.
    http://points.ogo.ms/

There is an interview with the italian chipper association guys on youtube, one guy said they used lard, another said a typical fish & chips has about 800kcal! no way in hell!
    A large chips in mcdonalds is 455kcal
    http://www.mcdonalds.ie/docs/Nutritional_info.aspx
    they have values so you can work out the new PP, somebody posted them a while ago.

If you take the values for mc cain chunky chips my 455g bag is 32 pro points.

Thanks ,
    cat

Useing the ww uk site...to make and educated guess

Big Als 1/4 pounder burger is 8pp...
    A burger bun is 4pp
    Cheese single slice 2pp
    Depends what sauce you get...but add maybe another 2 - 3 pp

So the burger alone...just making rough guess at this....16/17pp

Someone on here was saying before 1/2 bag of chips was like 12pp

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Thanks ,
    cat

These are the points I have for various burgers/chips:
    McDonalds:
    Quarter Pounder - 13pp
    Small fries - 6pp
    Medium fries - 11pp
    Large fries - 13pp

Frozen:
    Chips, thick Cut, Oven Baked (100g) pp5
    McCain Homefries (100g) pp4
    Big Al’s 4oz Quarter Pounders (1 burger) pp8
    Big Al’s Big Eat Beef Burger (1 burger) pp8

I suddenly have a craving for a chipper! Have only eaten 10 points so far today, so might just treat myself, ah decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Sorry about your loss Darkblond.

Lady Lainy going to try your muffins, tks! You are a star when it comes to information, have you thought of becoming a leader?

I am now on day three and so far so good! Have not used any of my weekly points yet!

I want to go shopping tomorrow for weightwatchers and other suitable foods.

Do any of you have any suggestions for the basic stuff that you should keep a stock of when on weightwatchers?

I gather from Lady Lainey that the Aldi low fat choc
    drink is good, also the weightwatchers yoghurt?
    Any specific breads? Snack breads? I hate ryevita!

In other words any suggestions for a shopping list for basic for the cupboard or fridge please:):) Things you can not survive without??

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Down 2lbs this morning....dont know how the hell i managed that without any excercise!

well done, lady lainey-great result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

I used to not think I was fat at all and when I looked in the mirror I thought I was grand but when I saw photo's I thought oh god and it would just make me reach for the junk food again.

This is exactly how I feel about myself...I know I'm big but think I don't look too bad in the mirror but HATE getting pics cuz they upset me so much!! I haven't had a pic taken in months - it's actually quite sad really when I think about it, that this whole weight issue really is that deep!!

I'm on a good road now and I don't want to feel like that when I see my wedding photo's so that's why I'm doing this now more than ever!! I will look back on my wedding day and be as happy with how I looked as I am with my Fiancé!!

SAexpat wrote: »

Lady Lainy going to try your muffins, tks! You are a star when it comes to information, have you thought of becoming a leader?

I am now on day three and so far so good! Have not used any of my weekly points yet!

Do any of you have any suggestions for the basic stuff that you should keep a stock of when on weightwatchers?

In other words any suggestions for a shopping list for basic for the cupboard or fridge please:):) Things you can not survive without??

All my information comes from the UK site! I would be lost without it!
    I have A LOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go before i get to my goal let alone think of becoming a leader....but if i ever did become a leader i would hold student classes! like in the college at lunch times! I'm doing it as a student....and its TOUGH! Like I cant afford the meetings...10 euro a week is alot for a student! I think students should have a discount.

Aldi hot chocolates are my lifesaver alright! They come in plain, orange and mint. Great Hot drink at night, especially if you dont want caffine before bed.

A few ppl have said the flavoured rice cakes in tesco are meant to be great!

The ham cubes in Aldi are great too...they are in a yellow and clear packet and come in packets of two. they are totally lean. and only 2pp per packet. I use them in pasta dishes and scrambled egg. Just make sure its the cubes you get...there are ham pieces which are in same type of packaging but you can see the white bits of fat on them. the cubes are nice and pink..no visible fat.

It is totally worth investing in a Tefel non stick pan! you wont need to waste points on oil!

I've recently started using Quorn...thanks to all the girls here suggesting it and speaking so highly of it! Its great...I'm sure its the only reason I lost weight this week! Its only a little less in points than real meat....but as a whole food item...its lower in fat than red meat!
    I try to not just look at the point value of the food...but the whole nutritional pro's and cons of the food...ie too much red meat is bad for me...so swop my beef mince for Quorn mince.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

A few ppl have said the flavoured rice cakes in tesco are meant to be great!

I love the Kelkin Chocolate Rice Cakes - they're 2PP each and so yum, they remind me of popcorn and chocolate mixed but sometimes I find it hard to just eat the one :o

Lainy, I made the muffins and I made a balls of them ha!! Forgot to add the baking powder / bicarbonate of soda and just threw it in at the end...everyone is saying great things about them on here but I must have been having an off day cuz they were a disaster...They reminded me of the muffins Lucy Liu makes in Charlie's Angels that wedges in the door :rolleyes: Might give them another go tomorrow!!

Also, I pointed HB Choc Ice tub of ice-cream earlier and it was only 3PP for 2 scoops - not bad if you just pile it up with a loada fruit, yum...thats desert sorted for me after my lamb tomorrow :)

This is exactly how I feel about myself...I know I'm big but think I don't look too bad in the mirror but HATE getting pics cuz they upset me so much!! I haven't had a pic taken in months - it's actually quite sad really when I think about it, that this whole weight issue really is that deep!!

I'm on a good road now and I don't want to feel like that when I see my wedding photo's so that's why I'm doing this now more than ever!! I will look back on my wedding day and be as happy with how I looked as I am with my Fiancé!!

I hate pics being taken! thats why i went off and got a really great decent camera...so as i have the great camera....I must take the pics....there for cant be in them! I freak out if ppl tag me of even put pics of me on facebook LOL.

Well GG you got his attention! You reeled him in! You got him hooked! So you must have had a pretty great canvas to start with! Now your just putting the final touches to the masterpeice that is "YOU"

I have no doubt you'll look amazing on your big day! You sound so determined...I cant see you failing to get to your goal! Regardless of weight/body shape/size true happiness is beautiful! From the sounds of it you will be a drop dead stunner!

• Advertisement

I love the Kelkin Chocolate Rice Cakes - they're 2PP each and so yum, they remind me of popcorn and chocolate mixed but sometimes I find it hard to just eat the one :o

Lainy, I made the muffins and I made a balls of them ha!! Forgot to add the baking powder / bicarbonate of soda and just threw it in at the end...everyone is saying great things about them on here but I must have been having an off day cuz they were a disaster...They reminded me of the muffins Lucy Liu makes in Charlie's Angels that wedges in the door :rolleyes: Might give them another go tomorrow!!

Also, I pointed HB Choc Ice tub of ice-cream earlier and it was only 3PP for 2 scoops - not bad if you just pile it up with a loada fruit, yum...thats desert sorted for me after my lamb tomorrow :)

Same thing happened to me first time i made them...i thought i could get away with using self raising flour and not bother with baking powder!

I'm total novice when it comes to baking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Well after getting inspiration from this thread I have bought the propoints calculator and a few bits to get me started on weightwatchers as I have no idea where to start. Been having a look online to see if I could find points for some of my most commonly eaten foods. Does anyone know any decent sites/apps for figuring out points? Probably won't get calculator until mid to late next week and would like to kind of get myself started asap and I'm one of those people who finds starting something on a monday is easier!

Thanks to everyone who has posted here and well done, it has really inspired me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

SAexpat wrote: »

Tesco do lovely bars, their in a purple packet where all the WW bars and healthy living stuff is (crackers etc) and they are like choc, raisin and biscuit only 2PP. an orange one (havent tried it) for 3PP.

2 finger kit kat for 3PP, Curly Wurly for 3PP.

There are reduced fat cream crackers in tesco (tesco brand and WW brands).

Also, there are these crisp breads in same section (sorry dont know the name) but there are 6 in the packet and aparently only 2 or 1PP for the 6. Top with low fat cheese triangle (0PP for 1, 1PP for 2) and some tomatoe is lovely.

Things I always I have in cupboard.

Various dried spices.
    Stock cubes.
    Balti and Tikka curry paste.
    Low cal oil spray.
    Tin tomatoes.
    Sesame oil (good for stir fries)

Will have a look in the cupbord later and post more. Just havin a few drinkies now before I head out. Yay havent bin out since new years.

:)

Well after getting inspiration from this thread I have bought the propoints calculator and a few bits to get me started on weightwatchers as I have no idea where to start. Been having a look online to see if I could find points for some of my most commonly eaten foods. Does anyone know any decent sites/apps for figuring out points? Probably won't get calculator until mid to late next week and would like to kind of get myself started asap and I'm one of those people who finds starting something on a monday is easier!

Thanks to everyone who has posted here and well done, it has really inspired me!

Here is a free online ww pro points calculatar.
    http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

As its a new programme, they are keeping all details, tips, recipes "in house" at the moment...to encourage people to sign up to ww to get the advice and tips

Tesco do lovely bars, their in a purple packet where all the WW bars and healthy living stuff is (crackers etc) and they are like choc, raisin and biscuit only 2PP. an orange one (havent tried it) for 3PP.

2 finger kit kat for 3PP, Curly Wurly for 3PP.

There are reduced fat cream crackers in tesco (tesco brand and WW brands).

Also, there are these crisp breads in same section (sorry dont know the name) but there are 6 in the packet and aparently only 2 or 1PP for the 6. Top with low fat cheese triangle (0PP for 1, 1PP for 2) and some tomatoe is lovely.

Things I always I have in cupboard.

Various dried spices.
    Stock cubes.
    Balti and Tikka curry paste.
    Low cal oil spray.
    Tin tomatoes.
    Sesame oil (good for stir fries)

Will have a look in the cupbord later and post more. Just havin a few drinkies now before I head out. Yay havent bin out since new years.

:)

HAVE A GREAAAT NIGHT

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just had a read through todays postings. So sorry to hear of your loss DarkBlond. Also so interesting to read about everyones journeys both to putting on the weight & then the journey of losing it again. This thread is such an inspiration & source of encouragement.

Had a reunion today for lunch for the girls I was at school with. We met in one of the girls houses. 3 (out of 7) of us are currently doing WW! I had offered to bring a pot of soup, but she had told me not to bother as she was cooking. So we had a lovely chicken curry & boiled rice with green salad. I was very good & had brought a WW yogurt & ate that while the others tucked into pavlova, caramel squares & chocolates. I better have a loss on Tues morn! We all planned to go away for an overnight in Glasgow in June, so by then I want to be looking good. This has been in the planning for years - we were supposed to go away to celebrate our 40ths, so we're just 2 years late!

Only a week now to my holidays & this is keeping my motivation high. Would love to have my first stone off by then - currently have lost 10.5, so don't hold out much hope of getting there!

Here is a free online ww pro points calculatar.
    http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

As its a new programme, they are keeping all details, tips, recipes "in house" at the moment...to encourage people to sign up to ww to get the advice and tips

Cheers for that!

OH MY GOD!!! :eek::eek::eek:

According to that site (I'm going to assume it's accurate) one of those Milka bars with Daim pieces in it is worth 15 points. I shared one of them with my boyfriend today, I did eat less of it than him but am disgusted with myself now! That is exactly what I needed to see though.

Looking forward to getting my calculator and few bits to get myself started.

Thanks again.

Just had one of the large ww pepperoni pizzas (2euro in dunne stores at the momen) I actually REALLY liked it! 13pp....nice and spicy! I know some ppl dont like them...but I rarely get frozen pizzas anyways...so i guess it might be a case of my taste buds dont know any better! You gotta watch them like a hawk in the oven...if you over do they they turn into horrible cardboard and the sauce will dry up...but if you get them just 2 - 3 mins from being done...they are nicely cooked and the base is still nice and floppy with just a hint of getting firm...thats just a personal preference...i like soft thin base!

I know if i cooked an Dr Oeudker pizza...i would eat the whole thing (26pp) ... I wouldnt be able to just eat half of it.! So at least with the ww pizza i can scoff the whole thing guilt free...even with the extra cheese.

I still have 12 pp left for today :O

Cheers for that!

OH MY GOD!!! :eek::eek::eek:

According to that site (I'm going to assume it's accurate) one of those Milka bars with Daim pieces in it is worth 15 points. I shared one of them with my boyfriend today, I did eat less of it than him but am disgusted with myself now! That is exactly what I needed to see though.

Looking forward to getting my calculator and few bits to get myself started.

Thanks again.

lol make sure you change the "100" thats set by default to the weight of what ever you ate! everyone makes that mistake...you put in the details per 100g/ml...but change the portion box to what ever the weight of the bar is!

• Advertisement

lol make sure you change the "100" thats set by default to the weight of what ever you ate! everyone makes that mistake...you put in the details per 100g/ml...but change the portion box to what ever the weight of the bar is!

Yeah, the bar is 100grams. I did it twice just to be sure, I was very shocked!

I know what you mean about them frozen pizzas. Aldi actually have a really nice range of pizzas in at the moment. We got one about 2 weeks ago as a treat after an "angel" week, really tasty. They're the same, take them out a couple of minutes before they recommend you should and they're just perfect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement