Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Yeah, the bar is 100grams. I did it twice just to be sure, I was very shocked!

I know what you mean about them frozen pizzas. Aldi actually have a really nice range of pizzas in at the moment. We got one about 2 weeks ago as a treat after an "angel" week, really tasty. They're the same, take them out a couple of minutes before they recommend you should and they're just perfect.

oh wow that is scary! but sometimes that shock is what you need! like there are some foods now that almost revolt me cos i know how many points they are! Its like omg....that whole bar was nearly = to my entire pizza

cheese scares me to death! if i want cheese on something i have to weight it...and then decide is a lil pinch of cheese really worth it! Tho tonight 40g was so totally worth it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I couldn't believe it, my face was like the little shocked face smiley. But in fairness I know absolutely nothing (aside from what I've read in this thread) about how weightwatchers works so i'm sure to an experienced ww person it probably doesn't seem so shocking.

It's definitely made me think twice about every single piece of food in the house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

hey all :) just wondering do ye find a better loss after using weekly points or just daily points? I've used 28 of my weeklies and feel like I should eat nothing tomoro to compensate!! :S I liked the saving on the old system and amnt really comfortable with the extra points yet! any advice?

I couldn't believe it, my face was like the little shocked face smiley. But in fairness I know absolutely nothing (aside from what I've read in this thread) about how weightwatchers works so i'm sure to an experienced ww person it probably doesn't seem so shocking.

It's definitely made me think twice about every single piece of food in the house!

We're all new and inexperienced at the moment! new programme only started in ireland about a month ago! so your not alone! I'd be shocked too! I just remembered i had a few bits of camembert cheese earlier at my cousins...cos they were having tapas (they're spanish)

I had 3 or 4 big chunks.....so just to be safe...i'm putting in my tracker that i had 100g......8points for 4 mouthfulls...it so wasn't worth it!
    at least on my pizza it took 15 mins to eat and enjoy!

I'm still within my dailys....but still feck like! 8pt is 4 cups of my favourite coffee! 8pts is two BIG chicken breasts :O

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

I think the best thing about Weight Watchers is that it does make you think twice about everything, making it about budgeting with a simple numbers system, brings all the complicated nutritional data down to a daily budget - i for one have become a total miser!!!!

• Advertisement

crazyy wrote: »
    hey all :) just wondering do ye find a better loss after using weekly points or just daily points? I've used 28 of my weeklies and feel like I should eat nothing tomoro to compensate!! :S I liked the saving on the old system and amnt really comfortable with the extra points yet! any advice?

Eat your daily points tomorrow as normal! Don't "save points". The new system isn't designed with saving points.

I would imagine it'll mess up your results...you might get a good result this week...but i imagine it may show the following week....your body will try and compensate by trying to hold onto the weight!

If you don't feel comfortable using the weeklies...then don't use them. they are optional...but don't take your splurge from your daily points for the rest of the week....you need those points!

Trust in the system...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just from what I've read so far here and on a few other sites I do think it'll be good for my weekly food budget too eimear. I've generally always had a fairly healthy diet (due to numerous allergies) and do budget strictly as it is but I think this will help eliminate a lot of the extras that I would usually throw into the trolley due to me thinking "how many points is that??"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

ok will do, thanks ladylainy :) might try increase the exercise this week too!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tip

Joined WW 4 wks ago, I have over 2 stone to lose thanks to giving up smoking. I am off cigs now 1 yr 8mths so no more excuses I need to shift the weight. I am not doin great on this new programme I down just 3.5 lbs in 4 wks :mad:. I am also worried about using 49 bonus points, but I think the reason of my slow weight loss was I was not tracking !!!!!!!!!!!!. I did wk 1 n lost 3.5 lbs, missed next wk, put on 1 lb wk3, lost that 1lb wk 4. This is about my 5th time at WW am a gold member, and of course I think I know it all :D, but of course I dont n as ye all know TRACKING is the most important part, plus knowing the points value in food , and to do this properly I need to weigh everything for at least the first couple of weeks.(which I also failed to do). So I hope to pick up some tips and give some tips as we all try and shift the pounds !!!!!!!!!!!

Tip wrote: »
    Joined WW 4 wks ago, I have over 2 stone to lose thanks to giving up smoking. I am off cigs now 1 yr 8mths so no more excuses I need to shift the weight. I am not doin great on this new programme I down just 3.5 lbs in 4 wks :mad:. I am also worried about using 49 bonus points, but I think the reason of my slow weight loss was I was not tracking !!!!!!!!!!!!. I did wk 1 n lost 3.5 lbs, missed next wk, put on 1 lb wk3, lost that 1lb wk 4. This is about my 5th time at WW am a gold member, and of course I think I know it all :D, but of course I dont n as ye all know TRACKING is the most important part, plus knowing the points value in food , and to do this properly I need to weigh everything for at least the first couple of weeks.(which I also failed to do). So I hope to pick up some tips and give some tips as we all try and shift the pounds !!!!!!!!!!!

Could not have said it better! track track track! This week I am aiming to track 100% and when in doubt i'm going to over track! I have a staff party out next saturday! which i cant turn down...as i'm only a work experience student so its really really nice that i got asked!

and then the following week one of the girls in college turns 18! christ i'm going to feel SO old...but feck it! party party party! I'll dance off the drinks!

So this week i gotta be SO FREAKING INSANELY GOOD in every aspect...gotta eat right....excercise....and get college work done! Oi! I'm tired just thinking about it!

boards is a great distraction from college work! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Last night while all my mates were having Dominos, I had a Milano Margharitta pizza I got in Tesco - loaded some extra tomatoes, basil, peppers and mushrooms on it and it was only 15PP. It was delish (had 0PP side salad with it), I got to eat the whole thing and I know 15 is quite a bit for dinner but considering Dominos PP are off the charts....I thought it was well worth it and it really felt like a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Cheers for that!

OH MY GOD!!! :eek::eek::eek:

According to that site (I'm going to assume it's accurate) one of those Milka bars with Daim pieces in it is worth 15 points. I shared one of them with my boyfriend today, I did eat less of it than him but am disgusted with myself now! That is exactly what I needed to see though.

Looking forward to getting my calculator and few bits to get myself started.

Thanks again.

If it's the 100g bar that's correct - according to the ww site one serving (25g) is 4pp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Millieboo wrote: »
    Last night while all my mates were having Dominos, I had a Milano Margharitta pizza I got in Tesco - loaded some extra tomatoes, basil, peppers and mushrooms on it and it was only 15PP. It was delish (had 0PP side salad with it), I got to eat the whole thing and I know 15 is quite a bit for dinner but considering Dominos PP are off the charts....I thought it was well worth it and it really felt like a treat!

those milano pizzas are nom nom nom, and i think the margarhitta ones are buy on get one free at the mo in tesco, handy to throw a few in the freezer for weekend emergencies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

I can't live without light baby bel cheese. I'm more savory then sweet toothed and addicted to cheese so one of these for 1pp is a life saver.
    The weetabix cereal bars are fantastic for 2pps. Kinda like flapjacks.

It's worth pointing your favourite things before switching to weight watches branded items because sometimes it's just not worth it like the ww cheesey puffs are 2pp and don't taste that great but quavers are 2pps also and taste the same as always!
    Think someone here posted that cadburys mini rolls are the same pp as the wight watchers ones. 3propoints I think?

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    I can't live without light baby bel cheese. I'm more savory then sweet toothed and addicted to cheese so one of these for 1pp is a life saver.
    The weetabix cereal bars are fantastic for 2pps. Kinda like flapjacks.

It's worth pointing your favourite things before switching to weight watches branded items because sometimes it's just not worth it like the ww cheesey puffs are 2pp and don't taste that great but quavers are 2pps also and taste the same as always!
    Think someone here posted that cadburys mini rolls are the same pp as the wight watchers ones. 3propoints I think?

cereal bars are a god send! most of the Kelloggs cereal bars are 2pp!

Does the Baby bel melt well? I love a bit of cheese in my eggs....but i'm scared of cheese...so easy to just go nuts! laughing cow kinda just clumps together when cooking with it.

Hi there, when i pointed them myself the WW mini-rolls came out at 3 PP, but all the materials state that they are 2PP, as does the new packaging. Wondering if they have changed the recipe to reduce the points, as i still have a few in the press and afraid to point them at 2!? OR maybe i just miscalculated the first week!!!
    Any one get the same result?
    Eimear

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hi there, when i pointed them myself the WW mini-rolls came out at 3 PP, but all the materials state that they are 2PP, as does the new packaging. Wondering if they have changed the recipe to reduce the points, as i still have a few in the press and afraid to point them at 2!? OR maybe i just miscalculated the first week!!!
    Eimear

the uk site says they're 3pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Eimear

I also originally pointed them as 3 using the old packaging. The new ones have reduced fat so therefore lower points. They taste a bit different though but I like them. They satisfy my sweet tooth :P

yeah i've noticed that on the cakes and bars in the shops...some of them have "reduced fat" and some have "low fat" written on them. I guess they must have tweaked some of the recipes..

So i guess old packaging mini rolls are 3pp...but ones in the new package with new recipe are 2pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Finally recovered from last night :o I was at my best friends 21st and had pointed my vodka but then arrived in her house and couldn't help myself with the food. I'm writing it off because I worked my ass off on the dance floor, sweated my make-up off and the hair turned curly. I looked great so I did :cool: I can even feel the effect of the hours of dancing today. I had to do a stretching session as my legs were in bits.

Stuck to my points today and I've tomorrow's meals planned out. Gonna make a chicken burger for lunch and my mum's cooking a roast chicken for dinner (which is my fav :D) so just gonna weigh everything out. I've already pointed it and if I stick to portions I'll be fine. Hopefully none of this will affect WI on Weds. I have a mini goal of 11st 3lbs for a family wedding which is the end of Feb. I'm currently 11st 13.5lbs so I am a fair bit off it but if I get close to it I'll be happy.

Eabha x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Does the Baby bel melt well? I love a bit of cheese in my eggs....but i'm scared of cheese...so easy to just go nuts! laughing cow kinda just clumps together when cooking with it.

Not a clue! I tend to just use them as snacks!
    Or make an attempt at a ploughmans lunch with Melba toast and pickled onions!

And I think there's alot of confussion with the way certain thongs are pointed. Like the pocket guide saying low cal oil sprays are 1pp for 4 sprays and the shopping guide saying it's 0 pp. My leader said we should point it anyway but I'm tempted to go by the shopping guide sometimes!!!

Like the pocket guide saying low cal oil sprays are 1pp for 4 sprays and the shopping guide saying it's 0 pp. My leader said we should point it anyway but I'm tempted to go by the shopping guide sometimes!!!

Yes and I admit when this happens i really want to believe something is lower!!!

To be serious tho, the way i look at it is this: WW average out several brands to give the values in the pocket guide/basic foods lists. Whereas in the shop guide you are checking the exact brand you are using, so if your brand is listed at 0 then i think you should go for it - i suppose with the spray i have moderated how much i use, before i would spray a huge number of sprays (ah sure its 0 points!), whereas i have it in my head now that once i go over 4 sprays it would mean points!
    Am i right or wrong on this?
    Eimear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Lady Lainy wrote: »

As far as i know and from experience, full fat melts waaaaay better than reduced fat, so for using in hot foods better to use a smaller amount of full fat and get the cheesy gooeyness(spelling)
    I always went for reduced fat items but lately I am buying stronger flavoured and using less of it. Use good butters and good cheeses and olive oil for cooking, I feel you can do ok this way, I did the everything low fat thing before and it hasnt worked hence i am back again at meetings etc. this is my opportunity to change for good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

It says in the pocket book 4 sprays of low fat cooking spray is 1pp, they really need to make up their minds!

Does anyone know how many points in a 'time out' bar? I had one stick earlier,but no nutritional value no package. Think it must have been in a multi pack.

m'lady wrote: »
    It says in the pocket book 4 sprays of low fat cooking spray is 1pp, they really need to make up their minds!

Does anyone know how many points in a 'time out' bar? I had one stick earlier,but no nutritional value no package. Think it must have been in a multi pack.

From the shop guide: Time out bar, 2 sticks 35g is 5 points, also says snack size 2 sticks 20g is 3, so i'd say 1 stick of bigger size is hovering between 2 and 3 - your call there!!!

For the cooking spray i'd say the confusion is because of rounding - some brands might work out at 0.6 of a point, and others like Frylight at 0.4, so the average in the pocket book for several brands is 1 point, but frylight itself is 0, just for 4 sprays tho! Also cos there are no half points there is more rounding than in the old system.

m'lady wrote: »

uk website says 4 sprays are 0pp (and I've changed it to 10 sprays and it's still 0pp) - very confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

Where is the bran muffin recipe people keep mentioning?

jandm wrote: »

If you type "muffin" into 'Search this Thread' while in the WeightWatchers Thread you'll find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

jandm wrote: »

its in post #7331 on page 482...well 482 for me anyway!I was just looking for the same thing myself!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

From the shop guide: Time out bar, 2 sticks 35g is 5 points, also says snack size 2 sticks 20g is 3, so i'd say 1 stick of bigger size is hovering between 2 and 3 - your call there!!!

Thanks eimear,
    Its so easy to just point things on the lower end of the scale! it was actually a snack size one so I'll point it at 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement