Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

woo hoo weekend nearly over and haven't touched my weeklies (yet)
    I want to track every single mouth full this week...

oooh just a note on the bran muffins....1 muffin is 4pp....2 muffins are 7pp (wooo save a point)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Useing the ww uk site...to make and educated guess

Big Als 1/4 pounder burger is 8pp...
    A burger bun is 4pp
    Cheese single slice 2pp
    Depends what sauce you get...but add maybe another 2 - 3 pp

So the burger alone...just making rough guess at this....16/17pp

Someone on here was saying before 1/2 bag of chips was like 12pp

Thanks LADY LAINY ... i had no idea they were soo high! well , i knew they would be alot but didnt realise that much :( .. eaten now and werent even that nice! always the thought of some thing is nicer ... least i had my weeklys to use. its my first week using them cause im trying not to ...

rubadub wrote: »
    It would depend on if it was a chipper or mcdonalds/BK type place.

these are old points below

A large chips in mcdonalds is 455kcal
    http://www.mcdonalds.ie/docs/Nutritional_info.aspx
    they have values so you can work out the new PP, somebody posted them a while ago.

If you take the values for mc cain chunky chips my 455g bag is 32 pro points.

OMG 32 points!!! looks like ill be going to mac donalds from now on ... soo not worth it ! thanks for checking it tho . :)

These are the points I have for various burgers/chips:
    McDonalds:
    Quarter Pounder - 13pp
    Small fries - 6pp
    Medium fries - 11pp
    Large fries - 13pp

Frozen:
    Chips, thick Cut, Oven Baked (100g) pp5
    McCain Homefries (100g) pp4
    Big Al’s 4oz Quarter Pounders (1 burger) pp8
    Big Al’s Big Eat Beef Burger (1 burger) pp8

Thanks sosyourface , looks like the maccy d's is ALOT better than the italian chippers! just needed a treat , ive not used any of my weeklys any week till this week so needed to break loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shirnod

Hi there,hope you don't mind if I join in,have been reading through some of the posts on here and am inspired.Started ww last wk so first wi tomorrow.

• Advertisement

shirnod wrote: »
    Hi there,hope you don't mind if I join in,have been reading through some of the posts on here and am inspired.Started ww last wk so first wi tomorrow.

Welcome Shirnod :) ,

Everyone here is really encouraging and helpful ! there is loads of really nice low point recipes thru out the thread if you wanna take a look . Best of luck with ur WI tomorrow. if you've any questions last them out and we'll try help you :)

shirnod wrote: »

everyone new and old is welcome :) we're all on the same road...might as well travel together :P

Next week will be the 7th week of 2011....i'm like 1/2 lb off 7lbs since 1st of jan...so far so good....my 1lb a week goal seems to be working, some weeks been up some weeks down...but averaging out at 1lb a week so far! wooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi and welcome to all the new posters!
    My treat after dinner today is a cadbury creme egg cone pp5 they are really nice on special in tesco at the moment 2pks for 3.50 euro 4 cones in each pk. Most of the ww desserts come in around the same points and arent half as nice.
    I am finding the new pro points much better its great to be able to include fullfat cheese and healthy nuts in my diet as snacks and still have plenty of points for 3 good meals, I am on 34pts though so its probably easier than for someone on 29.
    From tomorrow I am going to try and cut back on my carbs and opt for healthier ones where possible, I am a serious carboholic so it will no doubt be hard at times.:p If any of you guys have any meal ideas without too many carbs I would love to hear them.

astra2000 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome to all the new posters!
    My treat after dinner today is a cadbury creme egg cone pp5 they are really nice on special in tesco at the moment 2pks for 3.50 euro 4 cones in each pk. Most of the ww desserts come in around the same points and arent half as nice.
    I am finding the new pro points much better its great to be able to include fullfat cheese and healthy nuts in my diet as snacks and still have plenty of points for 3 good meals, I am on 34pts though so its probably easier than for someone on 29.
    From tomorrow I am going to try and cut back on my carbs and opt for healthier ones where possible, I am a serious carboholic so it will no doubt be hard at times.:p If any of you guys have any meal ideas without too many carbs I would love to hear them.

I second that! I'm the carb queen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

I second that! I'm the carb queen!
    Tbh any time I have had good results re weightloss is when I have lowered my carb intake, when I get in the hang of it its easy enough, but its getting started thats the prob. I think I will start with having a lot less carbs at meal times rather than cutting out completely, so it shouldnt be too hard, roll on the summer lots of lovely salads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I'm a carb queen too, if a meal doesnt have carbs I feel like im being cheated! I can never get how people will have a bowl of soup without bread, cos I know I just couldn't.

However since I joined WW again I have slowly but surely reducing my carb intake, I have limited myself to 2 slices of wholemeal or grain bread a day, or a bagel/wrap etc, so if I have toast for my breakfast,I wont have any for lunch etc. With dinner I have more veg/salad than potato/pasta/rice, well I try to anyway!

I tried a bread yesterday which I was told is better that normal bread, 'spelt', has anyone tried it? It's wheat free or something. It's really nice,problem is I'm not sure on how to point it,so I have been pointing it as normal bread.

I'm definitely going to try those cheese and tomoato muffins in the supplement from rte guide, they look yummy and could be a nice lunch with salad, I don't think I could stomach them for breakfast.

Anyway I better go out for that walk I have been thinking about since friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Thanks sosyourface , looks like the maccy d's is ALOT better than the italian chippers! just needed a treat , ive not used any of my weeklys any week till this week so needed to break loose.

Well McDonalds cook their burgers on a flat spit, whereas chippers sometimes deep-fry their burgers (I know Burdocks in Dundrum does, yuck!!).

AND McDonalds chips are apparently made from a powder called Smash (don't know how accurate this is but a few ppl have told me the same) so even though they're lower in points, they're made from crap!

I would probably get the McDonald's burger and then cook my own oven chips 100g is 4-5ppts depending on the brand. 100g isn't a huge number of chips, especially if they're chunky cut, but it kills the craving for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pinkie19

Hey guys!
    How is everyone??

Just posting to say last night I tried Options hot chocolate for the first time and MY GOD.. where have you BEEN all my life.
    I loveee it! I got the little sachets to try just incase I didnt like it.. only 45c per sachet. I tried to belgian choc last night! Soo yummy!
    I have mint choc and just normal to try also..
    Will try one out tonight again :) heheh!
    Am i right in thinking there is only 1pp in a hot choc? No milk.

Also, if I put a drop of skimmed milk in, would it make a difference to points?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

m'lady wrote: »
    I tried a bread yesterday which I was told is better that normal bread, 'spelt', has anyone tried it? It's wheat free or something. It's really nice,problem is I'm not sure on how to point it,so I have been pointing it as normal bread.

Nutritional info for Spelt bread is available here http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-bread-spelt-i9

If I've done it right then 1 49g slice has 3ppts...

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

I am a long time member of WW, in 2008/2009 I lost 4 stone, I have now after a period of living away etc gained some of that and I am back to finally reach my goal!! I think the new plan seems great.. much more lee way with food and esp drinks if your having a night out.! No more scrimping and saving points!! Day 2 and things are ok. will weigh in next sat!! Still trying to get head around all the new points!! :)

Hope your all having a good week!

Shell!

I'm definitely going to try those cheese and tomoato muffins in the supplement from rte guide, they look yummy and could be a nice lunch with salad, I don't think I could stomach them for breakfast.

Yeah those tomato & cheese muffins sound great! I dont think they're intended as breakfast muffin. Tho they sound nice for a snack/lunch muffin! lol tbh I have the breakfast ones all times of the day. :P

Nice and filling snack especially in this weather!

Nutritional info for Spelt bread is available here http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-bread-spelt-i9

If I've done it right then 1 49g slice has 3ppts...

Thanks a mill sosyourface, I think 3 pp looks about right. Its so nice, its worth it. I just had some there with some cheese and a bowl of free soup, was lovely and I'm stuffed!

Lainy I have those muffins in the oven now, should be ready in a few, I'll let you all know what I think of them!

Hi all

I am a long time member of WW, in 2008/2009 I lost 4 stone, I have now after a period of living away etc gained some of that and I am back to finally reach my goal!! I think the new plan seems great.. much more lee way with food and esp drinks if your having a night out.! No more scrimping and saving points!! Day 2 and things are ok. will weigh in next sat!! Still trying to get head around all the new points!! :)

Hope your all having a good week!

Shell!

Hey Shell, good luck with your first week with the new plan!

Lainy I have those muffins in the oven now, should be ready in a few, I'll let you all know what I think of them!

what cheese did you use in them?

Hiya Lainy, I used the 'Low Low' grated cheddar cheese, and instead of putting thyme in it I put chive in, as I don't really like thyme.
    They take a good bit longer to bake than it says in the recipe, I reckon about 20 minutes, but everyones oven differs I suppose. Just waiting on them to cool now, but they look and smell lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

After being super good for the first while in Jan I have very spectularly fallen off the wagon. But lucky enough I have remained the same new wight. 146.6.

SO back on track from now on. Want to get down to 9st for a wedding end of April- bought a fab dress- just need to fit into it!

This week will be my last week with the old ww points system. Then i am going to re-assess everything and try to go onto the new system.

Would any one mind posting a typical day food for me? or PM if you can. Just so i get a idea of the new plan ... thanks so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Well McDonalds cook their burgers on a flat spit, whereas chippers sometimes deep-fry their burgers (I know Burdocks in Dundrum does, yuck!!).

AND McDonalds chips are apparently made from a powder called Smash (don't know how accurate this is but a few ppl have told me the same) so even though they're lower in points, they're made from crap!

I would probably get the McDonald's burger and then cook my own oven chips 100g is 4-5ppts depending on the brand. 100g isn't a huge number of chips, especially if they're chunky cut, but it kills the craving for me.

Have you been to Nando's? Its kinda a portugese/south africian themed fast food type restuarant - its in Swords and Dundrum. I had a chicken fillet burger (10pp) a side of spicy rice (5pp) and ratatuoille (4pp) - so all in all statified my fast food crazing all for 19pp!

Mmmm they are not great tbh lainy, they seem very doughy, and even though there are loads of ingredients they seem really,really tasteless. I think I probably put too much of the reserved liquid (from tomatoes) into the mix, but it doesn't actually state how much to put in.

I'm raging cos I just love cheese! If you try them put only about 200/300mls of liquid in and maybe you might have a better success than me!

Mmmm they are not great tbh lainy, they seem very doughy, and even though there are loads of ingredients they seem really,really tasteless. I think I probably put too much of the reserved liquid (from tomatoes) into the mix, but it doesn't actually state how much to put in.

I'm raging cos I just love cheese! If you try them put only about 200/300mls of liquid in and maybe you might have a better success than me!

i assume it does mean to add all the liquid. There isn't that much liquid in the recipe...the 3 tablespoons of water from the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of oil, 200ml of skimmed milk, plus the egg.

I might add a few more herbs and spices ;) garlic and fresh chives. fresh herbs have so much more flavour then dried ones. Over the summer i'm going to try and start a herb garden.

I'll prob give them a bash next weekend :)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Finally recovered from last night :o I was at my best friends 21st and had pointed my vodka but then arrived in her house and couldn't help myself with the food. I'm writing it off because I worked my ass off on the dance floor, sweated my make-up off and the hair turned curly. I looked great so I did :cool: I can even feel the effect of the hours of dancing today. I had to do a stretching session as my legs were in bits.

Stuck to my points today and I've tomorrow's meals planned out. Gonna make a chicken burger for lunch and my mum's cooking a roast chicken for dinner (which is my fav :D) so just gonna weigh everything out. I've already pointed it and if I stick to portions I'll be fine. Hopefully none of this will affect WI on Weds. I have a mini goal of 11st 3lbs for a family wedding which is the end of Feb. I'm currently 11st 13.5lbs so I am a fair bit off it but if I get close to it I'll be happy.

Eabha x

Sure isn't that what your weekly points covers?! Im sure you'll be fine esp after busting the bootie on the dance floor, fair play to ya girl! Sure suppose ya have to have a life on the plan aswell! Sure you still have a bita time till wednesday, maybe pencil in an extra walk or jog if you think you might be up. Its the hangover food that I always give in to!

boxoff wrote: »
    Have you been to Nando's? Its kinda a portugese/south africian themed fast food type restuarant - its in Swords and Dundrum. I had a chicken fillet burger (10pp) a side of spicy rice (5pp) and ratatuoille (4pp) - so all in all statified my fast food crazing all for 19pp!

oooh very nice! they've just opened in cork (mahon point shopping centre)

Birdie086 wrote: »
    those milano pizzas are nom nom nom, and i think the margarhitta ones are buy on get one free at the mo in tesco, handy to throw a few in the freezer for weekend emergencies!!

is that the 9 inch one for 15pp?

oooh very nice! they've just opened in cork (mahon point shopping centre)

Ordered a zero point side saladto go with it aswell but thought it was a pure rip of and looked like it had been sitting there for ages - a bowl of leaves, 4 pieces of pepper and 5 cherry tomatoes - think for 6e!

But other than that would def recommend Nando's for a tasty fast food treat

boxoff wrote: »
    Ordered a zero point side saladto go with it aswell but thought it was a pure rip of and looked like it had been sitting there for ages - a bowl of leaves, 4 pieces of pepper and 5 cherry tomatoes - think for 6e!

But other than that would def recommend Nando's for a tasty fast food treat

ah see i cant stand that! the healthy food is so expensive!

• Advertisement

i assume it does mean to add all the liquid. There isn't that much liquid in the recipe...the 3 tablespoons of water from the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of oil, 200ml of skimmed milk, plus the egg.

I might add a few more herbs and spices ;) garlic and fresh chives. fresh herbs have so much more flavour then dried ones. Over the summer i'm going to try and start a herb garden.

I'll prob give them a bash next weekend :)

S*** I didn't see the 3 tablespoons of liquid from tomatoes, I put a full bowl in! I really am a thick when it comes to cooking/baking!

Let me know how u get on with yours when u make them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement