Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 13 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    4 individual Egg White
    50 g Spring Onions, chopped, green and white parts
    2 clove(s) Garlic, medium, minced
    350 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw, boneless, diced (12 oz)
    65 g Carrots, Old, Raw, chopped
    320 g Rice, Brown, Boiled, kept hot
    65 g Peas, Petits Pois, frozen green peas, thawed
    3 tablespoons Soy Sauce

Instructions
    Coat a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.

Off the heat, recoat frying pan with cooking spray and place back over medium-high heat. Add spring onions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; sauté until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.

Stir in reserved egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Divide equally to serve.

Found this on ww.co.uk :) Thought all the Chinese lovers would enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    ah see i cant stand that! the healthy food is so expensive!

Mind you myself and the other half went - we both got burgers- I got 2 sides, he got 3 sides, the salad and two soft drinks - came to 46e - was proper nice tho! Just what I needed to stay on track!

ProPoints® Value: 8
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 10 min

Ingredients
    450 g Turkey, Mince, Raw, lean
    1 small Onion, All Types, chopped very finely
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Mixed Herbs, Dried
    3 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
    1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper
    4 medium Bread, Burger Bun, with sesame seeds
    2 medium Tomato, sliced
    8 leaf/leaves (small) Lettuce
    1 large Pickled Gherkin, sliced

Instructions
    Mix together the turkey mince, onion, mixed herbs and Worcestershire
    (or Tabasco) sauce. Season with salt and pepper, then form into 4 burgers.

Preheat the grill. Place the burgers on to the grill rack and grill for about 10 minutes, turning once.

Split the buns and toast the cut sides lightly. Serve filled with the burgers, tomato and lettuce.

Oh yell yeah! I think i just found next sundays lunch!

ProPoints® Value: 12
    Servings: 2
    Preparation Time: 25 min
    Cooking Time: 45 min

Ingredients
    1 portion(s) (medium) Potatoes, Old, Raw, (use 2 potatoes)
    1/4 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
    1/2 teaspoons Salt
    175 g Beef, Mince, Extra Lean, Cooked
    1 small Onion, All Types, red, finely chopped
    1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    2 sprig(s) (fresh) Parsley, fresh
    3 tablespoons Breadcrumbs, Dried
    1 individual Egg White, beaten lightly
    2 medium Bread, Burger Bun, wholemeal
    4 leaf/leaves (small) Lettuce
    1 medium Tomato, sliced
    20 g Cheese, Cheddar, Half Fat, grated

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 8/230°C/450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Cut potatoes into wedges; boil, steam or microwave until tender. Place wedges, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with combined pepper and salt. Bake until lightly browned and crispy, about 30 minutes.

Combine beef, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs and egg white in a small bowl; shape into 2 patties.

Cook patties in a nonstick pan over medium heat, turning once, until browned and cooked through. Top each patty with 1 tablespoon cheese, place on baking sheet and bake in already heated oven until cheese is melted.

Place patties on rolls and top with lettuce and tomato. Serve with potato wedges.

boxoff wrote: »
    Mind you myself and the other half went - we both got burgers- I got 2 sides, he got 3 sides, the salad and two soft drinks - came to 46e - was proper nice tho! Just what I needed to stay on track!

Glad you enjoyed every bite of it...for that price!
    I've heard alot of good reviews about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    Not a clue! I tend to just use them as snacks!
    Or make an attempt at a ploughmans lunch with Melba toast and pickled onions!

And I think there's alot of confussion with the way certain thongs are pointed. Like the pocket guide saying low cal oil sprays are 1pp for 4 sprays and the shopping guide saying it's 0 pp. My leader said we should point it anyway but I'm tempted to go by the shopping guide sometimes!!!

Re: the low cal oil spray.

Our leader told us at last meeting that 1PP for 4 sprays is a misprint and wrong.

She said you would need to use about 19 sprays for it to equal 1PP and no one would ever use that much as you would drown your food.

So low cal oil spray is 0PP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey Layla apologies for delay in posting, I wasn't online all weekend:

Here is what is in the eating out guide re Domino's

Medium Regular Crust (per Slice)

American Hot or Big Smokey 5 PP
    Americano 7 PP
    Bacon Double Cheese 6 PP
    Cheese & Tomato 4 PP
    Chicken Feast or Chicken Tikka 5 PP
    Extravaganza or Full House 6 PP
    Ham & Pineapple 5 PP
    Hot & Spicy 5 PP
    Meat Lovers 6 PP
    Meatball Mayhem or Meator 7 PP
    Mighty Meaty or Pepperoni Passion 6 PP
    Piri Piri 4 PP
    Tandoori Hot or Texas BBQ 5 PP
    The Sizzler 7 PP
    Veg a Roma 6 PP
    Vegetarian Supreme or Vegi Volcano 5 PP

So it doesn't list 'thin crust' or the Reduced Fat cheese, which you had on yours Layla so my best 'guess' on the above would be to go for the Cheese & Tomato which is 4pp for a medium slice, given you had Large and it was thin crust and Reduced Fat cheese I'd still log it in at 4PP just to be safe?

Sorry the book wasn't more helpful for you

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hi All, well done on the losses @ WI and welcome to all the new posters.

So a pretty good weekend I stayed in this weekend so it was alot easier to budget my points, well with the exception of Friday! This proves to me that Preplanning my meals is definitely essential in keeping on track!

I ended up having to work extra late on Friday and it meant getting it late from work as well I didn't want to hit the takeaway and given my WI day was Friday I tend to allow myself a 'treat' dinner on Friday's , sometimes it's allowing myself something high point like olives or an avocado or last week what I did was get a 'fuller for longer' green thai chicken curry from M&S and felt like i was having somewhat of a treat while the OH had a real take out and I felt satisfied all for 10PP and then an extra 4 for a glass of wine!

This week though I had a hankering for chips, I didn't have frozen and I very rarely eat them so I made my own, only 2 potatoes and Uggh they were disgusting and such a waste of points (i'm getting very mean with my points on things!) I ended up not eating them and had the rest which was lovely and i was glad, I counted the points for the chips anyway but my lesson is learned planning is key for me and I rather the healthier choices anyway than the stodge and grease!

I felt terrible not getting any walks in since Tuesday (I was out Wednesday night straight from work and Thursday & Friday I would have blown away!) so I had an extra long one x 2 in the rain yesterday 1 in the morning and one in the evening and I had a nice long one this afternoon after the rain showers! I also made a massive pot of lovely soup for myself yesterday - I'm trying to do a different soup each week to stop me getting bored this week it's Butternut squash carrot and corriander and it's yummy even if I do say so myself!

have a good week folks, hope you all have losses and we all stay on the wagon! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Sure isn't that what your weekly points covers?! Im sure you'll be fine esp after busting the bootie on the dance floor, fair play to ya girl! Sure suppose ya have to have a life on the plan aswell! Sure you still have a bita time till wednesday, maybe pencil in an extra walk or jog if you think you might be up. Its the hangover food that I always give in to!

Thanks boxoff! You're right that's what I love about this plan is that I can use the weeklies for these nights out. I've always been a big dancer. I'd often go out at the weekend and not drink but still give it loads on the dance floor. My hangover food was OJ and wafer thin ham. Not my usual food but it was in the fridge and I sat there eating the ham out of the box. I looked a right state so I did :D

I have often found that with salads in restaurants. They look like they were made the day before and never taste fresh. I'd rather no side dish than a gone off salad so I just don't order them anymore.

Eabha x

Hi all

I am a long time member of WW, in 2008/2009 I lost 4 stone, I have now after a period of living away etc gained some of that and I am back to finally reach my goal!! I think the new plan seems great.. much more lee way with food and esp drinks if your having a night out.! No more scrimping and saving points!! Day 2 and things are ok. will weigh in next sat!! Still trying to get head around all the new points!! :)

Hope your all having a good week!

Shell!

Well come back Shell. I actually read your posts at the beginning of this thread and you're a great inspiration so it's great to have you back. Looking forward to following your journey over the next while. Wish you the best of luck

E x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

:D:pmy OH and kids just after having a chipper take away and i resisted, bar about four chips. made myself a lovely breast of chicken with 0pp roasted veg and some roasted sweet potato, delighted with myself. Was out for dinner last so had used up all my extra points... Lady Lainey u are gr8 at posting receipes and pp vlu of food, keep up the good work:Pgood luck to anyone for weigh ins 2moro..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    Hi ladies can I join in? I joined ww last Monday and I love the new pro points system. Unfortunately I haven't been able to stick to my points on most days. I lost my dad over a month ago and I find I am comforting eating in the evenings to try and numb the pain of the loss.
    I am so good all day eating healthy and sticking to the points until the dreaded evenings come, then I go WAY overboard. I'm hoping that joining in here will help me get motivated to stick to the plan.
    Does anyone have any good ideas for low point snacks I could eat in the evenings when the munchies attack? I am going to make the chicken curry for dinner tonight, the one in the booklet.
    I know Mondays weigh in will be bad I will probably be up weight. How embarrassed will I be to have a gain on the first week lol. Oh well hopefully it will give me the kick up the bum I need to get focused.
    Looking forward to chatting to everyone.

So, so sorry! Keep going, this is for you, no need to be embarrassed. You just look after yourself, don't worry about anyone else, take your own time. Don't lose heart or be disillusioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Birdie086 wrote: »
    those milano pizzas are nom nom nom, and i think the margarhitta ones are buy on get one free at the mo in tesco, handy to throw a few in the freezer for weekend emergencies!!

They are indeed, great minds think alike - already have 3 in freezer for future "take-away" nights :)

Hey,

anybody else peeved off with the weather - hada a great routine going for walking and jogging 5 times each week but only managed 2 this week with the weather. I was certainly not using weather as an excuse either! Hope I havnt ruined it now not getting out, hopefully will be better out tomorrow eve. Not really a gym or threadmill type of person - like to get out in fresh air! any thought??
    Well done evrybody for making it through the weekend and staying on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Good luck to everyone in the coming week, be it with weigh ins or just being 'good'.

I intend on sitting down now in few and properly planning my meals and will do some shopping tomorrow, as I have found this week I was not organised enough and have ended up eating stuff cos it was there, take tonight for example, had a WW pizza (vegatarian one), I thought it was rotten! I'd rather have a slice of 'normal' pizza and a salad anyday.

Got a walk in today, which I'm delighted that I did, felt so much better after it. Now I will watch 'Raw' and have a crunchie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Hey Layla apologies for delay in posting, I wasn't online all weekend:

Here is what is in the eating out guide re Domino's

Medium Regular Crust (per Slice)

American Hot or Big Smokey 5 PP
    Americano 7 PP
    Bacon Double Cheese 6 PP
    Cheese & Tomato 4 PP
    Chicken Feast or Chicken Tikka 5 PP
    Extravaganza or Full House 6 PP
    Ham & Pineapple 5 PP
    Hot & Spicy 5 PP
    Meat Lovers 6 PP
    Meatball Mayhem or Meator 7 PP
    Mighty Meaty or Pepperoni Passion 6 PP
    Piri Piri 4 PP
    Tandoori Hot or Texas BBQ 5 PP
    The Sizzler 7 PP
    Veg a Roma 6 PP
    Vegetarian Supreme or Vegi Volcano 5 PP

So it doesn't list 'thin crust' or the Reduced Fat cheese, which you had on yours Layla so my best 'guess' on the above would be to go for the Cheese & Tomato which is 4pp for a medium slice, given you had Large and it was thin crust and Reduced Fat cheese I'd still log it in at 4PP just to be safe?

Sorry the book wasn't more helpful for you

Awesome! We always get Texas BBQ pizza. We share a small. So prob about 4 pp a slice then???

Would be ok if I didnt also have chicken strippers, garlic bread and coke!!!

m'lady wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone in the coming week, be it with weigh ins or just being 'good'.

I intend on sitting down now in few and properly planning my meals and will do some shopping tomorrow, as I have found this week I was not organised enough and have ended up eating stuff cos it was there, take tonight for example, had a WW pizza (vegatarian one), I thought it was rotten! I'd rather have a slice of 'normal' pizza and a salad anyday.

Got a walk in today, which I'm delighted that I did, felt so much better after it. Now I will watch 'Raw' and have a crunchie!

Totally agree with ya bout WW pizza - like eating piece of cardboard :Ristorane veggie pizza is 10pp for a half which is so much more tasty. Just be sure to give the other half away or chuck it out so you wont be tempted to over indulge!

Got a quick walk in this morning myself, been lashing all day. Have a weird feeling that I have put on a good bit this week. Havnt eaten any junk but em just feel a lot heavier and swollen, time of month this week so maybe that might expalin it. Didnt do much excerise either this week with the weather :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Monife wrote: »

Our leader told us at last meeting that 1PP for 4 sprays is a misprint and wrong.

She said you would need to use about 19 sprays for it to equal 1PP and no one would ever use that much as you would drown your food.

Whoo hoo for that one!!! Thanks a mil for the clarification Monife!

Totally agree with ya bout WW pizza - like eating piece of cardboard :Ristorane veggie pizza is 10pp for a half which is so much more tasty. Just be sure to give the other half away or chuck it out so you wont be tempted to over indulge!

Got a quick walk in this morning myself, been lashing all day. Have a weird feeling that I have put on a good bit this week. Havnt eaten any junk but em just feel a lot heavier and swollen, time of month this week so maybe that might expalin it. Didnt do much excerise either this week with the weather :(

I must be totally weird so...I had the veggie pizza for lunch...and really liked it! :P I was totally stupidly proud of my self having vegetarian lunch! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I've been so bold, I just made mars bar cakes to bring in to work!
    if i'm goin down they're all comin with me!

These pro points are a delicate balance, lost 3lbs last week and WI tomorrow, but i'm pretty sure I haven't lost. What always happens to me is I have a good loss and then worry I won't be able to replicate it the following week so I don't use all my points and I sts or put on weight.

Sure we'll see tomorrow!

on the upside for the first time in 11 years I got my ass into size 12 jeans!! :eek: I was so gobsmacked i'd say i was in the changing room for 20 mins just lookin at myself :D

Best of luck to everyone this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Monife wrote: »

YESSS! this is brill news!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

evening all!
    well I made the muffins, first batch went in the bin, not sure what happened, a bit to dry i think...so did some tweaking and reduced the bran by a little and added a big spoon of low fat natural yoghurt, used the fruits of the forest from lidl (frozen) and divided them in to 12...and YUMMY! ...but also made the meringue's from the WW book...oh dear...I did split them in to 10 little ones instead of 6...but I ate 4 of them in one go!!! feck feck feck...the rest disappeared so quickly thanks to my brothers that I made another batch, but used half artificial sweetener half sugar...only ate 2 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank god for weekly points...think I'll stick to savoury baking for a while until I can control myself...on the other hand I'm doing well on the treadmill I rented last week, so fingers crossed for a loss on Wed, back to spining classes tmr, here's to a sore ass and toned legs!!:D
    keep up the good work everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

is that the 9 inch one for 15pp?

I think so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

when taking the pizza out of the freezer, break it in half and only cook half, put the rest back into the freezer. Whacking em off the counter top works for me to break em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Just a random question, I was having a conversation with a friend on phone earlier and she is positive that we should be eating all our weekly points. Now I don't use mine generally, and have not had a massive weightloss really. Just curious to know if people are using all theirs? Or even what your leader has recommended, mine is pretty vague to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Have you been to Nando's? Its kinda a portugese/south africian themed fast food type restuarant - its in Swords and Dundrum. I had a chicken fillet burger (10pp) a side of spicy rice (5pp) and ratatuoille (4pp) - so all in all statified my fast food crazing all for 19pp!

Yum! that sounds really nice. ive been to nando's in swords but that was before i was back at ww. Thats really good for points! love it!

Just a random question, I was having a conversation with a friend on phone earlier and she is positive that we should be eating all our weekly points. Now I don't use mine generally, and have not had a massive weightloss really. Just curious to know if people are using all theirs? Or even what your leader has recommended, mine is pretty vague to be honest!

My leader said use them if we need to. She said don't be hungry and don't starve. But like you, I'd like to know are we meant to use them in order to lose weight. Someone on here said they wouldn't give them to use if we weren't to use them.

For me personally, last week was the first week I used them all and I was down 3lbs. Before that I'd sts on the pro point plan. I've nearly used them all this week so it'll be interesting to see if I'm down. Although it's TOTM so might not be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

Hi guys

Had my 5th WI on Sat, and was only down 0.25lb:mad:, but that tiny little amount made me drop down into the next stone. So I'm no longer 14st I am now in the 13st bracket which is great so I am pleased that such a small amount could mean so much!:D:D

I'm not sure if you guys remember me emailing WW about alcohol (bottled larger 330ml) but I thought I'd post their response to me on the thread to ask your opinion of their replies to me.

Hello
    I know you have probably had many emails like this just recently, but I am getting confused about the information being passed around about pointing alcohol. I have been on 10 different websites looking for the nutritional info on a bottle of Budweiser 330ml 5% alcohol. All 10 websites give the following info: (per 330ml bottle in total)
    Protein = 1.3
    Carbs = 10.6
    Fat = 0
    Fibre = 0
    If I input this info into the online calculator per 330ml serving size 330ml it says it is only 1PP per bottle. I have been told by a friend who attends a meeting that it would be somewhere around the 3 / 4 or 5PP per bottle. Why is the calculator giving such a different reading? Please help.
    Thank you Hilary

Dear Hilary,
    Please be advised that when calculating the ProPoints values of alcohol, we need to have full nutritional information, including grams of alcohol. At this point in time it is not a requirement for manufacturers to include this on the labels.
    For this reason, alcohol grams are not included in the elements on the ProPointsfinder, the Weight Watchers ProPoints calculator or online calculator.
    We have included information on generic drinks such as bitter, lager, cider, wine and some spirits and this can be found on page 108 in Shop and are listed on eSource.
    If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Hello
    I was wondering if you could tell me how low the "Low alcohol" larger had to be, to be 1PP?
    Thanks Hilary

Dear Hilary,
    Thank you for your e-mail regarding ProPoints on Alcohol.
    The ProPoints we have for light or low alcohol is 1 ProPoint for 330ml bottle.I don't have the information on how much alcohol it needs to contain, As long as it states low or light then it will be 1 ProPoint.
    If we can assist you further please don't hesitate to contact us again.
    Yours sincerely,
    Tina

I AM CONFUSED!!:confused::confused::confused:

Some people on this thread have asked their leaders at meeting about this. They were especially interested in the PP value of Coors Light. They were advised at their meetings that Coors Light was not 1PP, but 4PP due to the high % of alcohol in it. I don't know which information is correct. Should I trust the advice from different leaders stating that Coors Light is 4PP or should I trust the email responce from WW? Have you guys got any advice or more info regarding this please? Thanks

Well done everyone on the weight loss, and thanks for the recipe posts. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Not such a great week!! So bloated aswell!! Any tips???

You are all doing great!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi m'lady. I use a good chunk if not all of my weeklies every week. Weightloss has been slow except for one week where I lost 3lbs and that week I had about 16 weeklies left.

Our leader said if you eat all your dailies and weeklies, it's almost like maintenance so I am bit confused too...

Does anyone who is doing it online have any extra info on this? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement