Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

hillyrob wrote: »
    Hi guys

Had my 5th WI on Sat, and was only down 0.25lb:mad:, but that tiny little amount made me drop down into the next stone. So I'm no longer 14st I am now in the 13st bracket which is great so I am pleased that such a small amount could mean so much!:D:D

I'm not sure if you guys remember me emailing WW about alcohol (bottled larger 330ml) but I thought I'd post their response to me on the thread to ask your opinion of their replies to me.

Hello
    I know you have probably had many emails like this just recently, but I am getting confused about the information being passed around about pointing alcohol. I have been on 10 different websites looking for the nutritional info on a bottle of Budweiser 330ml 5% alcohol. All 10 websites give the following info: (per 330ml bottle in total)
    Protein = 1.3
    Carbs = 10.6
    Fat = 0
    Fibre = 0
    If I input this info into the online calculator per 330ml serving size 330ml it says it is only 1PP per bottle. I have been told by a friend who attends a meeting that it would be somewhere around the 3 / 4 or 5PP per bottle. Why is the calculator giving such a different reading? Please help.
    Thank you Hilary

Dear Hilary,
    Please be advised that when calculating the ProPoints values of alcohol, we need to have full nutritional information, including grams of alcohol. At this point in time it is not a requirement for manufacturers to include this on the labels.
    For this reason, alcohol grams are not included in the elements on the ProPointsfinder, the Weight Watchers ProPoints calculator or online calculator.
    We have included information on generic drinks such as bitter, lager, cider, wine and some spirits and this can be found on page 108 in Shop and are listed on eSource.
    If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Hello
    I was wondering if you could tell me how low the "Low alcohol" larger had to be, to be 1PP?
    Thanks Hilary

Dear Hilary,
    Thank you for your e-mail regarding ProPoints on Alcohol.
    The ProPoints we have for light or low alcohol is 1 ProPoint for 330ml bottle.I don't have the information on how much alcohol it needs to contain, As long as it states low or light then it will be 1 ProPoint.
    If we can assist you further please don't hesitate to contact us again.
    Yours sincerely,
    Tina

I AM CONFUSED!!:confused::confused::confused:

Some people on this thread have asked their leaders at meeting about this. They were especially interested in the PP value of Coors Light. They were advised at their meetings that Coors Light was not 1PP, but 4PP due to the high % of alcohol in it. I don't know which information is correct. Should I trust the advice from different leaders stating that Coors Light is 4PP or should I trust the email responce from WW? Have you guys got any advice or more info regarding this please? Thanks

Well done everyone on the weight loss, and thanks for the recipe posts. xx
    as far as i know,,coors light is light in sugar not alcohol so 4pp,,weight watchers really need to clarify this as they've just contradicted themselves in your post saying anything light is 1pp:(

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

m'lady wrote: »
    Just a random question, I was having a conversation with a friend on phone earlier and she is positive that we should be eating all our weekly points. Now I don't use mine generally, and have not had a massive weightloss really. Just curious to know if people are using all theirs? Or even what your leader has recommended, mine is pretty vague to be honest!
    in Europe the weekly's are different for each weight bracket,,not everyone is given the 49pp
    for under 11 stone it's 35pp so that's what i use,,my losses are still crap tho:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Just a random question, I was having a conversation with a friend on phone earlier and she is positive that we should be eating all our weekly points. Now I don't use mine generally, and have not had a massive weightloss really. Just curious to know if people are using all theirs? Or even what your leader has recommended, mine is pretty vague to be honest!

Our leader says you can use them but your weight loss will be a bit slower.
    Personally, I used some or all every week and have lost weight every week since the new plan was introduced. Before Christmas I was a bit up and down.

I absolutely obliterated them this week...don't even want to add up how much i used! But I had a great weekend :D
    I wldn't be surprised if I am up this week but I've had a three mile walk every day. Even yesterday when i was dying of a hangover!

Done a proper food shop last night...loads of fresh fruit and veg and meat. No over processed jars of sauce or anything. My bill came to €115 :eek: nearly had a heart attack. But feel a lot more prepared this week and brought my lunch into work with me today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

kildareash wrote: »
    Personally, I used some or all every week and have lost weight every week since the new plan was introduced. Before Christmas I was a bit up and down.

I absolutely obliterated them this week...don't even want to add up how much i used! But I had a great weekend :D
    I wldn't be surprised if I am up this week but I've had a three mile walk every day. Even yesterday when i was dying of a hangover!

Done a proper food shop last night...loads of fresh fruit and veg and meat. No over processed jars of sauce or anything. My bill came to €115 :eek: nearly had a heart attack. But feel a lot more prepared this week and brought my lunch into work with me today.

Well done on the walks especially with the weather we have been having! My joints have finally calmed down enough for me to start getting a bit of proper exercise in:) will stick with the treadmill for now though, less impact!
    115 euro sounds like a lot but if your bringing your lunch to work you will probably end up saving money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

THIS IS MY 3RD ATTEMPT AT WRITING AND SENDING THIS POST BECAUSE MY DAMN BROADBAND KEEPS GOING ON THE BLINK AND EVERY TIME I HIT SEND IT TELLS ME IM NO LONGER LOGGED IN... AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, I have a bit of a dilemma I need some advice on!

I have just had THE worst week imaginable & to simply say I fell off the wagon does nothing to describe it! Essentially for the past 7 days I have eaten like Im not on WW whatsoever. I did continue to write down everything I ate in my tracker but I couldnt point many of the foods as they were completely off the scale!

The problem I now have is that Monday is my usual weigh-in day and Im in two minds about whether or not to go to my meeting :( I am ready to start afresh this week but I just dont think I could face seeing a gain on the scales at the moment and as I dont particularly love my meeting at the best of times I fear I could end up leaving more depressed / disheartened than Im feeling now.

I know rule number 1 of the WW philosophy is to go to your weekly meetings regardless of whether you think you have lost or gained & if I was reading this post written by someone else I would probably advise them to go and get weighed so they know the actual damage, then draw a line in the sand and start afresh - but thats easier said than done!!! :o

I do feel a bit like a school kid trying to pull a sick day! Id like to hear your thoughts though because I know the ladies on here are going through the same struggles and so I genuinely respect your opinions! :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Minx23 wrote: »
    THIS IS MY 3RD ATTEMPT AT WRITING AND SENDING THIS POST BECAUSE MY DAMN BROADBAND KEEPS GOING ON THE BLINK AND EVERY TIME I HIT SEND IT TELLS ME IM NO LONGER LOGGED IN... AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just had THE worst week imaginable & to simply say I fell off the wagon does nothing to describe it! Essentially for the past 7 days I have eaten like Im not on WW whatsoever. I did continue to write down everything I ate in my tracker but I couldnt point many of the foods as they were completely off the scale!

The problem I now have is that Monday is my usual weigh-in day and Im in two minds about whether or not to go to my meeting :( I am ready to start afresh this week but I just dont think I could face seeing a gain on the scales at the moment and as I dont particularly love my meeting at the best of times I fear I could end up leaving more depressed / disheartened than Im feeling now.

I know rule number 1 of the WW philosophy is to go to your weekly meetings regardless of whether you think you have lost or gained & if I was reading this post written by someone else I would probably advise them to go and get weighed so they know the actual damage, then draw a line in the sand and start afresh - but thats easier said than done!!! :o

I do feel a bit like a school kid trying to pull a sick day! Id like to hear your thoughts though because I know the ladies on here are going through the same struggles and so I genuinely respect your opinions! :) x

Hi Minx, i'm the same, I didn't exercise at all last week and have WI tonight. i am 90% sure i'm up or have sts. Plus i'm feeling very lazy and just want to go home (WI is straight after work) but from past experience when I don't go I have a second disasterous week in a row. So I know I have to go better one bad week and a fresh start with the motivation from the class, than two bad weeks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I hate to be predictable, but I think you should go. You've already taken some responsibility by writing down what you ate, even if you didn't manage to point it all out but I think going to the meeting is important - even if it's only to 'confirm' that yes, you've gained. (I'm not saying you definitely will have btw!!!)

What I'm trying to say is that getting up on the scales is your acknowledgement of a bad week. I just know for myself that if I skip a meeting after a bad week, I find it easier to stay off track and then skip another...and another...and before I know it, I've abandoned the whole thing. Maybe this is just me, but it can happen, whereas if I go, see a gain, admit that it's entirely my responsibility and accept that, then I'm much better able to go off home with a kick in the rear and get it together for the week ahead.

So yep, I think you should go. The worst that will happen is you gain, which you think might happen. Shielding yourself from the consequences of going off track doesn't mean that the consequences haven't happened anyway - by facing them and honestly acknowledging them you'll find it much easier to move on I think.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh or preachy - it's just coming from my own experience and what I know I need to do to stay on track for the long run. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I find if I start missing classes, it's even harder to go back. I went through this about a year ago - started missing classes & then after Feb, gave up altogether. Rejoined in Jan this year with 1st2lbs on! Remember, you won't be the only one at your class with a gain & the leader sees people in your situation all the time! Good luck with what you decide, but maybe if you stay for the class your motivation will be fully recharged.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sometimes it is just how long it takes to type a message, if you take a long time it can automatically log you out. Usually if you hit the back button in your browser you can go back to the previous screen and your text will be there. Then you can copy it and paste it back in when you log in.

Or if you have typed a very long message it is a good idea to copy it (highlight your text and right click and select COPY), so if it fails to go through you still have it.

rubadub wrote: »
    Sometimes it is just how long it takes to type a message, if you take a long time it can automatically log you out. Usually if you hit the back button in your browser you can go back to the previous screen and your text will be there. Then you can copy it and paste it back in when you log in.

Or if you have typed a very long message it is a good idea to copy it (highlight your text and right click and select COPY), so if it fails to go through you still have it.

Thanks a mill, good tip there - never thought of copying the text just in case! :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Go, go, go, go!
    Agree 100% with the rest of the posters.

The damage might not be as bad as your fear, and you'll be glad you went.
    It's a vicious circle...you don't want to go coz your expecting to be up, but will you go back next week?
    I always think the meeting refocuses your mind for the coming week.

Best of luck x

I agree with the others minx I think you should go, I have ALWAYS done the same thing in the past had a bad week skipped meeting and never gone back. I am doing ww on line now and 2wks aho I stayed the same my first instinct was not to post on here and not to update the online tracker, but I did and as soon as it was done I felt better I was able to put it behind me and move on. Best of luck

Thanks for all the replies guys, I know deep down you're right & Iv decided to go and face the music this evening regardless of the outcome.

Being February I also know Im that bit more vulnerable as Im sure statistically its the time when lots of people give up on their new year commitments. Now more than ever I need to keep attending my meetings.

I appreciate the advice & thanks again :) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Thanks for all the replies guys, I know deep down you're right & Iv decided to go and face the music this evening regardless of the outcome.

Being February I also know Im that bit more vulnerable as Im sure statistically its the time when lots of people give up on their new year commitments. Now more than ever I need to keep attending my meetings.

I appreciate the advice & thanks again :) xxx

good luck, and remember its a brand new start once you get off the scales!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi M'Lady - Our leader said the minimum points you are given is 29 so that's the minimum you should be eating, if you are on over that you should be still eating at least the 29!!
    Hi guys

Had my 5th WI on Sat, and was only down 0.25lb:mad:, but that tiny little amount made me drop down into the next stone. So I'm no longer 14st I am now in the 13st bracket which is great so I am pleased that such a small amount could mean so much!:D:D

I'm not sure if you guys remember me emailing WW about alcohol (bottled larger 330ml) but I thought I'd post their response to me on the thread to ask your opinion of their replies to me.

Hello
    I know you have probably had many emails like this just recently, but I am getting confused about the information being passed around about pointing alcohol. I have been on 10 different websites looking for the nutritional info on a bottle of Budweiser 330ml 5% alcohol. All 10 websites give the following info: (per 330ml bottle in total)
    Protein = 1.3
    Carbs = 10.6
    Fat = 0
    Fibre = 0
    If I input this info into the online calculator per 330ml serving size 330ml it says it is only 1PP per bottle. I have been told by a friend who attends a meeting that it would be somewhere around the 3 / 4 or 5PP per bottle. Why is the calculator giving such a different reading? Please help.
    Thank you Hilary

Dear Hilary,
    Please be advised that when calculating the ProPoints values of alcohol, we need to have full nutritional information, including grams of alcohol. At this point in time it is not a requirement for manufacturers to include this on the labels.
    For this reason, alcohol grams are not included in the elements on the ProPointsfinder, the Weight Watchers ProPoints calculator or online calculator.
    We have included information on generic drinks such as bitter, lager, cider, wine and some spirits and this can be found on page 108 in Shop and are listed on eSource.
    If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Hello
    I was wondering if you could tell me how low the "Low alcohol" larger had to be, to be 1PP?
    Thanks Hilary

Dear Hilary,
    The ProPoints we have for light or low alcohol is 1 ProPoint for 330ml bottle.I don't have the information on how much alcohol it needs to contain, As long as it states low or light then it will be 1 ProPoint.
    Yours sincerely,
    Tina

Some people on this thread have asked their leaders at meeting about this. They were especially interested in the PP value of Coors Light. They were advised at their meetings that Coors Light was not 1PP, but 4PP due to the high % of alcohol in it. I don't know which information is correct. Should I trust the advice from different leaders stating that Coors Light is 4PP or should I trust the email responce from WW? Have you guys got any advice or more info regarding this please? Thanks

I just checked the Coors Light website and it says that it is lower in calories than other beers but it is NOT low alcohol % so I think it should be pointed as 4PP
    http://www.coorslight.ie/faq/

I had a really bad week last week and was up 2lb but went back to my class anyway and this week I've been extra good....I think you need to go to get back on track....Like you if I've had a bad week and don't go I will continue on my road to destruction and do more damage than if I put a halt to it earlier!!

Hey, it might not be as bad as you think!!

MAJOR RECOMMENDATION ! ! !

I have just shared a 'Milano - American Pepperoni' 256g Pizza with my Mum and it was absolutely gorgeous. Its 8 pp for half or 16 pp for the whole thing. It tastes exactly the same as the ones you would get in the Restaurant and there is a buy one get one free in Tesco at the moment. If you're in the mood for a pizza treat I would strongly recommend this one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zanny1982

Hi guys, I am new to boards.ie but really need the motivation from you guys to do the WW pro points plan. I am starting it tomorrow again! My sister has been on it 4 weeks and is down 9lbs and finds it quite easy.

zanny1982 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am new to boards.ie but really need the motivation from you guys to do the WW pro points plan. I am starting it tomorrow again! My sister has been on it 4 weeks and is down 9lbs and finds it quite easy.
    Hi and welcome, I agree with your sis it is relatively easy I have had the same loss over 4 weeks but I have a lot more to lose. Best of luck with your new start, this place is where to be for lots of friendly info.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Hi all
    Does anyone have a low fat recipe for either sponge cake or fairy buns, preferably using splenda? Want to make some pink valentine buns or cake for the OH!
    Thanks
    R :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Hi all
    Does anyone have a low fat recipe for either sponge cake or fairy buns, preferably using splenda? Want to make some pink valentine buns or cake for the OH!
    Thanks
    Oh I really hope someone has this I have a 3 yr old always Asking me to bake would be great to have something like this to make with her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hi all
    Thanks

I made fairy buns a few weeks ago for my birthday. The kids would expect a birthday cake, so I decided on damage limitation amd made the buns. I used the traditional recipe i.e.
    4oz caster sugar
    4oz butter (I used Lowlow)
    2 eggs
    4oz selfraising flour

Can't remember how many I got out of it, but I pointed them at 3pps each. Don't know how it would work out with splenda - haven't used it for baking before. Homemade buns are always so much nicer than the ones you buy - but they don't last longer than 24 hrs as they aren't packed with preservatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kildareash wrote: »

I bet your get alot of eating for that 115! some of that stuff will prob last into next week! And the quality of what your eating will be exceptional :) Cant put a value on health! (tho would be nice if the financial value wasn't so high)

Hi guys

Hello
    Protein = 1.3
    Carbs = 10.6
    Fat = 0
    Fibre = 0
    Thank you Hilary

Dear Hilary,

Hello
    Thanks Hilary

Dear Hilary,
    Yours sincerely,
    Tina

I would say coors light 4pp to be on the safe side. I find it hard to believe it could be 1pp! its alcohol!!!!!!!

We're just going to have to accept that in the new system their are going to be kinks....so common sense is going to have to come into play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Go...I often fell like this but always go and I am always delighted. You could be very pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

astra2000 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome, I agree with your sis it is relatively easy I have had the same loss over 4 weeks but I have a lot more to lose. Best of luck with your new start, this place is where to be for lots of friendly info.

I have being using pro points as well for 4 weeks and lost 12 lbs I use my 31 daily allowances and use all my weekleys,dink plently of water to flush it out

I think when it comes to weather or not to eat your weeklies...is down to you...and what you feel you need/want....

the leaders....can only teach the programme....they arent actually trying to lose weight on pro points. most of the leaders prob lost there weight on the old system! So....alot of the leaders....wont "get" what its like to lose weight on this new programme!

Maintence...as far as i know is your daily balance + 90 weekly points

For now, eating your daily balance + 49 weekly points IS NOT LIKE EATING MAINTENCE POINTS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Have to agree with all the others here. GO TO YOUR MEETING.

I've been there and not gone too many times I can't remember. I've gone to get weighed and left cause I didn't want to face the meeting and it's such a bad idea.

The meeting can turn your attitude around. It can be so informative and motivational. Just put the last week behind you and start afresh!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi All

Thats Eabha.. the return being long over and the new plan really intrigued me so here goes..!!

Minx- I agree go to your meeting you will never be able to guess what you may have gained and it may tumble into another week of madness ( has happened to me many of times!! )

Im on my 3rd day and I dnt feel hungry and still have lots of points so going to have a yum dinner and use the 29..!!

Also regarding weeklies I will only be using them on alcohol and maybe a weekend treat I used 39 so far as I had a night out and I am just goin to see how I get on for the remainder of the week.. in work so may be tempted.. wrk in Hospiatlity loads of food and lunch is given on site!

Hope all of you had a nice monday!!

Shell!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Just back from my meeting and i'm 2lbs up :(

Can't say I didn't expect it but sure it's not nice standing up there all the same, didn't stay for the meeting.

I guess I just need to try much harder!
    Well done to everyone so far!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Went to M&S this evening to stock up for the week, and was pleasantly surprised to find that alot of the 'Fuller for Longer' range is actually around 11 points! Looks alot more exciting and have more variety than the Count on Us range, with which you're only saving couple points! Just thought I would let you know!

Tonight I'm having the Steak and Mushroom Pie with Luxury Mash, with loads of 0PP veg for 11PP. I'll let you know how it tastes.....

p.s. Looked like a right nerd with my PP calculator pointing everything i put in basket haha!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement