Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi all
    Does anyone have a low fat recipe for either sponge cake or fairy buns, preferably using splenda? Want to make some pink valentine buns or cake for the OH!
    Thanks
    R :)
    Hi Rachel,

would love to get a recipe myself for buns, have a real craving for them lately....As for Valentine's Day, I found this chocolate soufflé
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=224431 on the WW website for a bargain 3PP each, for that you couldn't go wrong.

I'm gonna give these a go over the weekend - I think we'll be celebrating Valentine's Day over the weekend anyway so we can indulge ourselves with a few drinks and nice food without the guilt!!
    Just back from my meeting and i'm 2lbs up :(

Can't say I didn't expect it but sure it's not nice standing up there all the same, didn't stay for the meeting.

I guess I just need to try much harder!
    Well done to everyone so far!!!

I was up 2 last week too Crunchy but have been much better this week because of it!! Just keep with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 10
    Preparation Time: 25 min
    Cooking Time: 35 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

This really rich, moist chocolate cake has a great taste of sweet raspberries . Make it in a round tin if you can’t find a heart shaped one

Ingredients
    250g Devil's Food Cake Mix - unprepared
    125 ml Water, (4floz)
    2 individual Egg White, or 1 sachet egg white powder
    160 g Jam, raspberry, approx 8 tbsp, seedless and reduced sugar
    100 g Chocolate, Plain, 70% dark chocolate
    50 g Raspberries, (1¾ oz) fresh

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180ºC / 160ºC fan / 350ºF. Line a 20cm/8in heart shaped tin or a 20cm/8in round cake tin with baking parchment.

In a large bowl mix the cake mix, water, egg whites (or egg white powder) and 2 tbsp of the jam with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until smooth. If you are using seeded jam the seeds will still be visible. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer inserted in middles comes out clean. Invert onto a wire rack, removing any parchment and cool completely.

Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double pan or a heatproof basin over a pan of simmering water; allow to cool for 1 min, then stir in remaining jam. Spread the frosting over the cake and outline the perimeter with raspberries. (Note: If chocolate mixture stiffens while frosting cake, microwave for 30 seconds to soften.)

This cake is very rich so would easily double as a dessert for a dinner party. Powdered egg whites are a great store cupboard product and you don’t waste the yolks. We used egg white powder in this recipe for ease, but 2 fresh egg whites could be substituted instead, remembering to reduce the water slightly to compensate.

Silicone Hear shape baking moulds on offer as of from TODAY in Lidl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

That chocolate soufflé looks lovely Garden Gurl but bear in mind it's the US website so it's not 3 pro points. I'm not sure exactly what the difference is but it might be a good idea to point the ingredients yourself.

ProPoints® Value: 2
    Servings: 24
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 10 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

These little cookies can be cut into whatever shape you choose - try hearts for Valentine's Day.

Ingredients
    125 g Spread, Low Fat
    125 g Sugar, Light Brown
    1 medium Egg, Whole
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
    1 zest(s) of 1 Orange
    2 tablespoons Orange Juice, Unsweetened
    1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
    250 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain

Instructions
    Mix the first seven ingredients together and beat with an electric whisk or hand whisk until fluffy.

Stir in the flour until well mixed and then chill the mixture for up to 2 hours, until firm. (Sometimes this isn't necessary, it just depends on the temperature of the margarine and whether the dough is too soft and sticky to roll out).

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200ºC/400ºF and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.

Roll or pat out the dough on to a floured surface and then cut into shapes and transfer to the baking tray with a palette knife.

Bake for 6 to 10 mins, until golden around the edges and then cool on a rack before decorating.

Notes
    Dust them with icing sugar to decorate.

A couple of valentine point friendly recipes from ww.co.uk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

just back from WI, wasn't as bad as I thought (had a sneaky go on the scales yesterday and had stayed the same) but today was actually down 1.5lb which makes 5.5lbs in 5 weeks so I'm delighted.

Been lookin forward to my cheese and tomato pizza baguette all day... only 8pp.

hope everyone else is having a good day!

• Advertisement

just back from WI, wasn't as bad as I thought (had a sneaky go on the scales yesterday and had stayed the same) but today was actually down 1.5lb which makes 5.5lbs in 5 weeks so I'm delighted.

Been lookin forward to my cheese and tomato pizza baguette all day... only 8pp.

hope everyone else is having a good day!

Well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I think when it comes to weather or not to eat your weeklies...is down to you...and what you feel you need/want....

the leaders....can only teach the programme....they arent actually trying to lose weight on pro points. most of the leaders prob lost there weight on the old system! So....alot of the leaders....wont "get" what its like to lose weight on this new programme!

Maintence...as far as i know is your daily balance + 90 weekly points

For now, eating your daily balance + 49 weekly points IS NOT LIKE EATING MAINTENCE POINTS!
    our leader said she has been doin propoints since last oct to know how it worked and she lost 5lbs(that was 1st week in jan)

hollyhock wrote: »
    our leader said she has been doin propoints since last oct to know how it worked and she lost 5lbs(that was 1st week in jan)

okay.....most leaders probably aren't using the new programme to lose weight, most leaders are probably on the maintenance programme...cos they have to stay within there "target weight" in order to stay leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Millieboo wrote: »
    p.s. Looked like a right nerd with my PP calculator pointing everything i put in basket haha!

Ha ha. I do this too. Get the calculator out for everything, sometimes people look but I couldn't care less.

@Minx - Hope u went to your meeting. I fell off the wagon this week too. Went over my points on Thursday and Friday and waaay over them on Saturday (friends birthday).

Did Zumba on Thursday but apart from that, today was my only other day of exercise. Did a 2k walk at lunch time in work and another one when I got home. Plan to do the same tomorrow, WI on wednesday night. Definitely back on track now and definitely going to go to my WI, even though I think I will definitely be up, praying for sts.

Started drinking 2L of water every day from last thursday to hopefully give myself a boost and stopped ww white bread in the morning, moved onto special k berry, its actually gorgeous!

Good luck to everyone in their WI this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Went to M&S this evening to stock up for the week, and was pleasantly surprised to find that alot of the 'Fuller for Longer' range is actually around 11 points! Looks alot more exciting and have more variety than the Count on Us range, with which you're only saving couple points! Just thought I would let you know!

Tonight I'm having the Steak and Mushroom Pie with Luxury Mash, with loads of 0PP veg for 11PP. I'll let you know how it tastes.....

p.s. Looked like a right nerd with my PP calculator pointing everything i put in basket haha!

I know the feeling going round with the calculator, but it is better then bring home lots of stuff to find out they are high in PP:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Thanks for all the recipes.. dont know which to do now. def gonna hit lidl for the silicone baking stuff :)

Thanks for all the recipes.. dont know which to do now. def gonna hit lidl for the silicone baking stuff :)

Just PMed you fairy cake recipe

ProPoints® Value: 5
    Servings: 12
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 45 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

These little buns are so pretty decorated with fresh flowers.

Ingredients

110 g Sugar, Caster
    110 g Margarine, Soft, Polyunsaturated
    2 medium Egg, Whole, beaten
    110 g Flour, Wheat, White, Self Raising
    1 pinch Salt
    1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
    1 individual Egg White, (to decorate + 12 tiny flowers)
    25 g Sugar, Caster, to decorate
    25 g Sugar, Icing, to decorate

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F. Line a 12-hole patty tin with paper bun cases.

Put the sugar, margarine, eggs, flour, salt and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon for 1 minute. Spoon into the bun cases.

Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until risen and firm. Remove from the tin and cool completely.

To make the crystallised flowers, paint the flower petals with lightly beaten egg white and dip into caster sugar. Leave to dry.

Mix the icing sugar with a little water to make a smooth glacé icing and spread on to the buns. Decorate with the flowers, but do not eat them. Optoional: Add 1-2 drops of food colouring to the icing.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Thanks Lady Lainy
    Do you know if
    means any of those types of flour???

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

hi all. i love to bake, but still have a problem with pp in sugar! guide book says 5grams is 1pp so that means 100g shd be 20, but when u put it in calculator it comes out at 10pp. Which is right!!!!!!!

Must remember to ask my leader 2moro.:cool:

i think i read somewhere that when baking with canderel you divide the amount of sugar by 10 as canderel is so light but sweet ie. 100g of sugar just put in 10g of canderel. havent tried this, sounds very little anyone any idea!!!!

Thanks Lady Lainy
    Do you know if
    means any of those types of flour???

R

I think they are leaving the choice of flour up to you. :)

huggiebear wrote: »
    hi all. i love to bake, but still have a problem with pp in sugar! guide book says 5grams is 1pp so that means 100g shd be 20, but when u put it in calculator it comes out at 10pp. Which is right!!!!!!!

Must remember to ask my leader 2moro.:cool:

i think i read somewhere that when baking with canderel you divide the amount of sugar by 10 as canderel is so light but sweet ie. 100g of sugar just put in 10g of canderel. havent tried this, sounds very little anyone any idea!!!!

I saw in dunnes, Splenda are doing a special "Baking Splenda"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I saw in dunnes, Splenda are doing a special "Baking Splenda"

thanks lady Lainey thats gr8 news for me. i just love home baking and so does my 9 yr old!!! Guilt free baking would be LOVELY:D

huggiebear wrote: »
    thanks lady Lainey thats gr8 news for me. i just love home baking and so does my 9 yr old!!! Guilt free baking would be LOVELY:D

well i'm about 99% sure it was special baking one....It was in the splenda yellow tin...and i'm sure it had BAKE written across it in brown writing.

It might have just been regular...but advertising it for baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Just had a bowl of low fat vanilla icecream (Tesco Light Choices) with raspberries on top and it was gorgeous, and only 2PP for a scoop. Had 90g making a lovely treat for 3PP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Hey girls , just wo dering if any of ye can help! I love my soup but am getting really sick of the BNS soup probably coz ive overdosed in it. Don't like wasting too many points in soup so just wondering if anyone has any recipes to share for no point soup or maybe 1-2 points? I've tried loads myself but nothing tastes great :/

Thanks
    Cat :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Went to M&S this evening to stock up for the week, and was pleasantly surprised to find that alot of the 'Fuller for Longer' range is actually around 11 points! Looks alot more exciting and have more variety than the Count on Us range, with which you're only saving couple points! Just thought I would let you know!

Tonight I'm having the Steak and Mushroom Pie with Luxury Mash, with loads of 0PP veg for 11PP. I'll let you know how it tastes.....

Absolutely delish, and genuinely feel like I've had treat dinner!

Monife wrote: »
    Just had a bowl of low fat vanilla icecream (Tesco Light Choices) with raspberries on top and it was gorgeous, and only 2PP for a scoop. Had 90g making a lovely treat for 3PP.

Yum! Was looking fir low fat ice cream. I got hb soft scoop vanilla it's not low fat but pointed it out and it's only 2 pp for a scoop aswell and super tasty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hey girls , just wo dering if any of ye can help! I love my soup but am getting really sick of the BNS soup probably coz ive overdosed in it. Don't like wasting too many points in soup so just wondering if anyone has any recipes to share for no point soup or maybe 1-2 points? I've tried loads myself but nothing tastes great :/

Thanks

Have you tried cauliflower and broccoli, just the veg and a stock cube. I can't get enough of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Loads of cake recipes tonight, thanks ladies.

I have a recipe for a really light WW chocolate cake, if anyone is interested. Can post it when I get home.
    Was relatively low in old points, haven't a clue what it is in new money.

Is there anyway I can find out?

Have you tried cauliflower and broccoli, just the veg and a stock cube. I can't get enough of it!

Thanks dottie I'll give it a try . Getting very dis heatened with them. Seems to be the only thing to stop me snacking and always lose more weight the weeks I make soup but haven't had any the last few weeks. Gonna try ur soup tomorrow.

kildareash wrote: »
    Loads of cake recipes tonight, thanks ladies.

I have a recipe for a really light WW chocolate cake, if anyone is interested. Can post it when I get home.
    Was relatively low in old points, haven't a clue what it is in new money.

Is there anyway I can find out?

You'd have to point the individual ingredients

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Right after 17 days of being well and truly OFF THE WAGON. ( like seriously- should have 18 old pts a day was going between 30-40 a day!!!!{lucky I wrote it all down to teach myself a lesson})I am back with a bang. Kept within my points and did my exercise today too!

On a bit of a mission now as I have an event in a couple of weeks ( if I had not fallen off the wagon I would have looked fab for it!) so I am going to try really hard to reach my goals over the next few weeks.

Then I am going to switch to pro points (currently on old system)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Thanks

Hey cat- I have a few I love ( but I am on the old pt system so not sure on new points value)

Sweet potato soup
    300g sweet potato
    1 onion
    Garlic 2 cloves
    thumb of ginger
    2pt veg stock

1-2 sprays of oil- fry onion garlic and ginger for 5 min
    Add diced potato
    Add stock
    Simmer for 20 min and blend and season! yummy!

LEEK AND POTATO SOUP
    1 tablespoon oil
    1 onion, chopped
    240g (8oz) leeks, cleaned and sliced
    1 potato, peeled and quartered
    900ml (1.5 pints) vegetable stock
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
    salt and pepper

1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion slowly until soft but not brown.
    2. Add the leeks and potato to the pan.
    3. Stir in the stock, bringing to boiling point and then reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, until the potato is soft.
    4. Blend the soup in a liquidiser or food processor or rub through a sieve.
    5. Reheat and season to taste. Serve hot or cold, sprinkled with chopped chives.

Curried butternut squash soup
    0 pro point!!!

1 portion(s) (large) Butternut Squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced into 1 inch cubes
    2 medium Onion, All Types, quartered
    2 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, vegetable, make up to 2 pints with hot water
    1 1/2 teaspoons Curry Powder
    1 pinch Salt, to taste
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    2 medium Spring Onions, thinly sliced, to garnish
    Instructions
    • Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F. Place squash and onion in a large roasting pan or baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until squash is tender. Don't worry if some of the pieces get a bit browned - this will add to the roasted flavour of the soup.
    • Remove from oven. Tip into saucepan and add stock. Bring up to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes - do not pour hot soup directly into food processor, or you risk it exploding. Purée in batches in blender or food processor.
    • Toast curry powder in a small frying pan over low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes - be careful not to burn it. Stir into puréed soup. Season to taste and divide between six bowls. Garnish with spring onions and serve.

• Advertisement

Right folks....I'm off...Wrecked Tired! Didnt sleep at all last night cos the winds!

But feeling good Been pointing 100% since saturday :) and have only used 7 of treat points so far! I dont care how many of my treat points I use this week...my goal is to point every single bite!

Night Night! Hope ye all have fun trying out the valentines day desserts!
    I have to be extra good this week. I have two big night out next week..ones that cant be avoided!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement