Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey girls , just wo dering if any of ye can help! I love my soup but am getting really sick of the BNS soup probably coz ive overdosed in it. Don't like wasting too many points in soup so just wondering if anyone has any recipes to share for no point soup or maybe 1-2 points? I've tried loads myself but nothing tastes great :/

Thanks
    Cat :):o

Carrot and coriander soup is lovely. Put carrots, fresh coriander, bit of garlic if you like, some passata or tin tomotoes and some onions. Chicken or veg stock. Simmer for 45 mins or more. Blend when cool. It's lovely and 0PP. The stock cube is 1PP but a big pot would be lik 6 or 8 portions so it's 0PP.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Its Monday week 4 and I am really struggling to keep interested with the foods I am eating. I tend to stick to foods that have a definite pro point value like an egg is 3. I am scared to drift from the foods I have been eating because I have been successful in my first 3 weeks with 9 lbs lost. I had some lamb the other day and freaked out because I didnt know how to point it. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Is anyone else struggling with propoints?

First couple of weeks I thought it was good but the last 2 weeks ive stayed the same 1 week and somehow put up 1/2 last week & as far as Im concerned Im following the program :confused: my leader said in the class before mine she had a lot of people giving out saying it wasnt working for them. Im giving it one more week then I think ill try go back to the old points (though no doubt i will be REALLY confused if i do that).

Just tired of trying and getting nowhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

lil kc wrote: »
    Its Monday week 4 and I am really struggling to keep interested with the foods I am eating. I tend to stick to foods that have a definite pro point value like an egg is 3. I am scared to drift from the foods I have been eating because I have been successful in my first 3 weeks with 9 lbs lost. I had some lamb the other day and freaked out because I didnt know how to point it. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

I think it's important that you try and change things up as much as poss because you will just get bored and stuck in a rut (been there done that :)). You have the pocket guide which is good and I would recommend investing in the calculator, makes it much easier to calculate while shopping etc.
    Great to find recipes and try and re-jig them for PP, by substituting and adjusting certain things?

I find the planning is 50% of the work!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Millieboo wrote: »
    I think it's important that you try and change things up as much as poss because you will just get bored and stuck in a rut (been there done that :)). You have the pocket guide which is good and I would recommend investing in the calculator, makes it much easier to calculate while shopping etc.
    Great to find recipes and try and re-jig them for PP, by substituting and adjusting certain things?

I find the planning is 50% of the work!

I have the app on my phone but is so hard to go through the nutritional info of everything, so I tend to use the pocket book loads. I just need to get more adventurous. Think I am going to ban eggs and chicken this week, they are my crutch. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

lil kc wrote: »
    I have the app on my phone but is so hard to go through the nutritional info of everything, so I tend to use the pocket book loads. I just need to get more adventurous. Think I am going to ban eggs and chicken this week, they are my crutch. Thanks :)

I know it's hard - TRUST ME :)! How much have you lost so far? Best of luck with it, def a good idea to try to cut down on eggs and chicken, will force you try new things!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

hillyrob wrote: »

Some people on this thread have asked their leaders at meeting about this. They were especially interested in the PP value of Coors Light. They were advised at their meetings that Coors Light was not 1PP, but 4PP due to the high % of alcohol in it. I don't know which information is correct. Should I trust the advice from different leaders stating that Coors Light is 4PP or should I trust the email responce from WW? Have you guys got any advice or more info regarding this please? Thanks

Well done everyone on the weight loss, and thanks for the recipe posts. xx

Think the confusion here is between low alcohol beers and low calorie beers - while Coors light is meant to be low in fat/calories, it is not a low alcohol beer, so the alcohol makes up for the additional points?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hey girls , just wo dering if any of ye can help! I love my soup but am getting really sick of the BNS soup probably coz ive overdosed in it. Don't like wasting too many points in soup so just wondering if anyone has any recipes to share for no point soup or maybe 1-2 points? I've tried loads myself but nothing tastes great :/

Thanks
    Cat :):o

I make Leek & Courgette soup. Use 3 or 4 large leek stalks (the white bits). Chop & fry in spray oil. Chop 3 or 4 courgettes, add to pot along with 2-3 pints of vegetable stock. Boil & then simmer for approx 40 mins. Blend. Yummy & very filling. I give up 1pp for each bowl because of the spray oil & stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

jellie wrote: »
    Is anyone else struggling with propoints?

First couple of weeks I thought it was good but the last 2 weeks ive stayed the same 1 week and somehow put up 1/2 last week & as far as Im concerned Im following the program :confused: my leader said in the class before mine she had a lot of people giving out saying it wasnt working for them. Im giving it one more week then I think ill try go back to the old points (though no doubt i will be REALLY confused if i do that).

Just tired of trying and getting nowhere :(

Like you I struggled with pro points. I stayed the same for the first 3 weeks and then last week I lost 3lbs. TOTM is due this week so I might be a little up. I have been doing loads of exercise and sticking to points so if I don't have a big loss next week to balance it out I'm going to look at going back to the old system. I really want to get to my goal this summer. On the old system I was loosing regularly. I might ask my leader on Weds are other people loosing on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

hey all just thought i'd let you know we were ordering a take away last night was just gona get the faithful chick chowmain from the chinese when the other half said he wanted abra... as looking on the website and i couldnt believe my eyes they show the nutritional info so we can work out the points!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Hi All, Donegal Catch BBq Salmon fillets are 6pp each, done in the oven with lots of 0point veg and a small potato and i was almost fit to burst!!!
    Weigh in tomoro and am hopeful, pointed everything even though was at a christening and got in exercise every day so am quietly confident of a bit of a loss. Was down 1.5 last week but that was only thurs so another pound would be nice!
    Knowing me though, that bloody scales will make me eat my words!!
    E x

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Just home from work and only had 3 points left for the day and i am starving!!!! Ive been sooo good all week and my WI is tomorrow . I had two slices of bread with low cheese and light coleslaw , a bowl of frosties , and two hero sweets!! what it wrong with me ??! and im still hungry........

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

So peed off that i got so weak i couldnt hold out.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I had a rough day today. Brand new to weightwatchers and still trying to get my head around it. I'm on 22 points a day and had them used up but at around 9pm I got really hungry and ate a freddo bar and two slices of wholemeal toast with peanut butter. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Just going to have faith in myself and try not to get too down on myself as I know that's no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I had a rough day today. Brand new to weightwatchers and still trying to get my head around it. I'm on 22 points a day and had them used up but at around 9pm I got really hungry and ate a freddo bar and two slices of wholemeal toast with peanut butter. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Just going to have faith in myself and try not to get too down on myself as I know that's no good.

Hey pixie,do you mean 29 points or are you still following old plan?

Had a really bad day ww wise. My food was full of carbs, toast for breakfast, bagel for lunch and a crunchie for dinner, stayed within my points but was very bad. So annoyed with myself, I really need to plan properly. Anyway that's my rant over, onwards and upwards! Will get out for a good walk tomorrow,and drink a load of water.

m'lady wrote: »
    Had a really bad day ww wise. My food was full of carbs, toast for breakfast, bagel for lunch and a crunchie for dinner, stayed within my points but was very bad. So annoyed with myself, I really need to plan properly. Anyway that's my rant over, onwards and upwards! Will get out for a good walk tomorrow,and drink a load of water.

me too m'lady :( soooo annoyed! why do we do it to ourselves .

Heres to a good week this week :)

I know, if we could only remember how we feel after we eat rubbish we wouldn't do it again. When is your weigh in? Mine is Wednesday

Hey pixie,do you mean 29 points or are you still following old plan?

No I meant 22. It said I should be on 25 points to maintain my weight and 22 to lose weight. Is that wrong?

Mines tomorrow at 12.30 ! i should be ok but just couldnt fill myself tonight when i came home from work was absolutely starved! was like a mad woman ha

Missing my no points soup tho. the other girls posted some good recipes on the last few pages so im defo gonna have to try make some tomorro to last a few days. im just a fatty at heart lol i LOVE my food....

No I meant 22. It said I should be on 25 points to maintain my weight and 22 to lose weight. Is that wrong?
    Yes it would be wrong if you are following the new plan, are you going to weight watcher meetings? The minimum on new plan is 29 pro points.

• Advertisement

Did you go to a meeting pixie ? Cause theres no points anymore its propoints and the minimum u can be on is 29 daily.

Mines tomorrow at 12.30 ! i should be ok but just couldnt fill myself tonight when i came home from work was absolutely starved! was like a mad woman ha

Missing my no points soup tho. the other girls posted some good recipes on the last few pages so im defo gonna have to try make some tomorro to last a few days. im just a fatty at heart lol i LOVE my food....

Oh I know the feeling, I need to fill up on a load of fruit tomorrow,big time! I'm due my period so I know nothing will fill me!

Well I hope you have a good weigh in, let us know :)

Well I hope you have a good weigh in, let us know :)

Will do m'lady . fingers crossed :) nite

Doing it on line and very very new. Literally just signed up yesterday. Bought the calculator and some stuff online so i'm waiting on them to be delivered. So points daily should be 29 or more depending on the person and then 49 propoint weeklies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Well just thought Id report how I got on after getting so much great advice from everyone earlier!

I went to my meeting and as I expected Im up 2lbs, but considering the week Iv had I think I was expecting it to be a hell of a lot worse. My leader was grand about it but I got some really lovely encouragement from two other members in my class who I had never chatted to before. I came away feeling so delighted I went and totally ready for a new start this week.

The moral of the story truly is: go to your meeting regardless of the week you have had, it will never be as bad as you expect and something positive is bound to come of it :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shirnod

Had my WI last night was down 8lbs!!!!!!!Still a way to go mind you as my start weight was 14st 13lbs.So delighted.My friend who only has a stone to lose lost 3lbs.Loving this new plan.

Doing it on line and very very new. Literally just signed up yesterday. Bought the calculator and some stuff online so i'm waiting on them to be delivered. So points daily should be 29 or more depending on the person and then 49 propoint weeklies?
    Hey pixie,yes the minimum anyone is on now is 29, if you like send me a pm with your weight and I can do it on my calculator? At least I think I can anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Congrats everyone on the losses & well done minx for going to the meeting & starting afresh this week :)

On the free soup I find it a lifesaver I make a massive pot on a Saturday or Sunday, let it cool & split it into 2 plastic jugs with lids I got in dunnes for 4 euro each 1 goes in the fridge the other in the freezer to take out mid week when needed, but I make sure to make a different one every week otherwise I'd get bored, lots of lovely recipes up here already but I'd add the WW Mexican soup to the list (it's lovely recipe was already posted in the thread & is on the ****e Irish WW site! ) you can also make a lovely tomato & basil soup very easy & delish :)

So I have a few tips which may or not be useful to some of you! Was in dunnes yesterday & found Green Isle frozen herbs for €1 a packet total bargain & perfect for adding flavour to soups sauces etc cos at this time of year fresh herbs can be expensive & my garden herbs are all depleted ATM so I stocked up on basil, corriander & flat leaf parsley, they're with the frozen veg if you want them

Also bought lots of 'low point' treats I'm tending to come in at 25 pp per day & want to stretch it up to 29 so I use all my dailies!

Standby fav of everyone:
    Curly Wurly 3pp
    Velvet Crunch 2pp

Other stuff for variety
    Treatsize cadbury caramel (2 squares) 2pp
    Treatsize bag of Maltesers 3pp
    Treatsize bag of skittles 3pp
    Loop the Loop ice pop 2pp
    Tangle twister ice pop 2pp
    Packet of Snax 17g 2pp
    Packet of Meanies 17g 2pp
    Packet of Racheros 3pp
    Multi pack pack of Doritos chilli Heatwave 30g 4pp

I love Doritos as a treat & I know they're higher point than other stuff but with a glass of wine or bottle of beer at the weekend it's yum!

I had a fairly good food day yesterday porridge for breakfast, Free soup for lunch with snack pack of Ryvita 3 pieces of fruit over course of the day, dinner was seeded Cod from M&S (love their fish & only 5pp) with baby potatoes, mixed veg & tartar sauce

Even after eating all that I had 7 daily points left! I vowed to use all my dailies this week so I ate 'crap' a loop the loop, a packet of velvet crunch & these utterly gorg 'high point' cookies ( they have nuts & caramel bits in & are half covered in choc!) himself likes from Dunnes I had 1 @ 3 pp with a cup of peppermint tea :D

I know I shouldn't eat the crap but it's within my point allowance & well its TOTM so as long as I don't do it everyday I should be all good!

I've brought a sandwich to work today to have with the soup to try beef up my points on better stuff than sugary goodness!

Hope all those with WI today do well :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Just had my 4th week weigh-in and 1.5lbs down. That's 10.5 down all together and I'm delighted. Wanted to get a stone before I went on hols next week but it'll do! Got my silver 7 from last week and a little 5% sticker for my card and I love them. Find them really motivating!
    And I can really feel my loss this time too, my hips are going!! Which has NEVER happened before.
    I'm not spouting all this to brag or anything because I find loosing weight really hard. I've been fat since puberty. My sisters, mum have always been within a couple of pounds of each other so being fat has been a family habbit. But since starting propoints the weight hasn't come off quickly but it has cone consistantly.
    The ladies here have been amazing for advice and support. It's invaluable to me because when I start to get bored or picky I whack out my phone and catch up on the forum rather then make some toast!
    So.... Thank you very much people! You're the best!!
    X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Hi everyone, I had my WI last night and I was expecting to be up a few pounds cause of all the late night eating but I was down 1 pound! I am delighted I don't feel so bad now. Starting fresh from today and I am looking forward to the week.
    Does anyone go to meetings and also use the weight watchers online? I was thinking of signing up to that too but want to make sure if would be worth it first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement