Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just back from my 5th WI & 1.5 lbs down. Had wanted to get a stone off when I rejoined in Jan before my holidays next week, but altogether I have lost 12lbs, so very pleased with that. Also got presented with a stone today in class because apparently I have now lost 2stone & 1/2 lb from ages ago - probably about 4 years ago after I had my last baby. I had forgotten that the machine still has all that information! I had forgotten how much I used to weigh back then, but I'm still a good bit off what I weighed before I had her! Going to try to be good from now til I go away, but don't know what how I will get on next week when i am faced with all the rubbishy fast food at Disneyland & all the cheap wine you can buy in France!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

That's fantastic news Starrgrrl well done! :D

I think you've hit the nail on the head 'weightloss is not easy' it really isn't I've never been thin I don't want to be either but I see the older I get (I'm 30) it's so easy for the weight to creep up & get out of control.

I have 3.5 stone to lose I've already lost 6.25lbs in the first 3 weeks so I feel I'm well on the road now, I'd rather lose it slowly, keep it off & maintain a healthy weight I know I've but this on over the last 15/16 years so I can't expect it to fall off over night. I really feel like pro points is a healthy eating plan for life, it's liveable & manageable as long as you preplan, I like that I can have the odd treat & not feel guilty about it!

I don't think I've ever eaten this much food, but before while I believed I was healthy clearly I was eating the wrong things, shop bought soup or sandwiches & carb loading when I went home & eating toast as a snack all because I didn't make the time to plan properly!

So glad the plan is working well for you, congratulations on the 5% loss & silver 7, keep up the good work! :D

Congrats on the losses Dark Blonde & Fofany great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

congrats on your losses girls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

fofany wrote: »
    Just back from my 5th WI & 1.5 lbs down. Had wanted to get a stone off when I rejoined in Jan before my holidays next week, but altogether I have lost 12lbs, so very pleased with that. Also got presented with a stone today in class because apparently I have now lost 2stone & 1/2 lb from ages ago - probably about 4 years ago after I had my last baby. I had forgotten that the machine still has all that information! I had forgotten how much I used to weigh back then, but I'm still a good bit off what I weighed before I had her! Going to try to be good from now til I go away, but don't know what how I will get on next week when i am faced with all the rubbishy fast food at Disneyland & all the cheap wine you can buy in France!

hi fofany,

I was actually in disneyland last summer and it wasn't that bad (to be fair it was a scorcher 30-35 degrees so i didn't feel much like eating anyway) but the restaurants in the park itsself aren't that bad they're not amazing either but I was always able to get veg instead of fries and they do really nice chicken breasts! I lost 3lbs there!
    Enjoy your holiday!

• Advertisement

hi fofany,

I was actually in disneyland last summer and it wasn't that bad (to be fair it was a scorcher 30-35 degrees so i didn't feel much like eating anyway) but the restaurants in the park itsself aren't that bad they're not amazing either but I was always able to get veg instead of fries and they do really nice chicken breasts! I lost 3lbs there!
    Enjoy your holiday!

Thanks for that. Even if I STS I will be glad. I know I have to make healthy choices, but when the kids & my hubby have plates of fries, I know it will be so hard. Maybe all the walking around will help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

m'lady wrote: »
    Hiya Lainy, I used the 'Low Low' grated cheddar cheese, and instead of putting thyme in it I put chive in, as I don't really like thyme.
    They take a good bit longer to bake than it says in the recipe, I reckon about 20 minutes, but everyones oven differs I suppose. Just waiting on them to cool now, but they look and smell lovely!
    could i have the recipe for these please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CFitz1810

Hi, I'm new to this, I had my WI last night and was surprised to lose 2 lbs after having an Indian on Friday night, I was really good during the week. I really enjoy the motivation this thread gives, thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Lady Lainy - bought all the ingredients for the muffins yesterday so am going to attempt them this evening - thanks. Have a bit of a stupid question - the instructions say 'sift the flour spices' - and I'm wondering if there is some spice that is needed?? It may have been mentioned before - apologies if it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

agrif06 wrote: »
    Lady Lainy - bought all the ingredients for the muffins yesterday so am going to attempt them this evening - thanks. Have a bit of a stupid question - the instructions say 'sift the flour spices' - and I'm wondering if there is some spice that is needed?? It may have been mentioned before - apologies if it was.
    would you be able to give me this recipe please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

HI all just back from my 3rd weigh in and up half pound. have to be honest i am disappointed cause i was good bar sat nt but i used some of my weeklies there. it is the TOTM and my question to ye all is do u think it stops the weight loss for that week!!! I am hoping it is, but onwards and upwards for the week ahead. Well done to all of ye that have had weight losses and to those of us that didnt next week will be better!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great tip on the frozen herbs. I would honestly be lost without this site , thanks to ye all for all the tips and encouragement. NOW NO CRAP THIS WEEK!!!!!!

irishfm wrote: »
    would you be able to give me this recipe please

If you do a search on this thread for muffins it should come up it's been posted a few times already there's one for breakfast bran muffins ( has fruit) & a savory one with cheese which was in the rte guide pullout last week.

huggiebear wrote: »
    HI all just back from my 3rd weigh in and up half pound. have to be honest i am disappointed cause i was good bar sat nt but i used some of my weeklies there. it is the TOTM and my question to ye all is do u think it stops the weight loss for that week!!! I am hoping it is, but onwards and upwards for the week ahead. Well done to all of ye that have had weight losses and to those of us that didnt next week will be better!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great tip on the frozen herbs. I would honestly be lost without this site , thanks to ye all for all the tips and encouragement. NOW NO CRAP THIS WEEK!!!!!!

No probs re the herbs :) I think TOTM causes you to retain more water (nit for everyone of course!) but as we all know we tend to feel blah & crap so it maybe a case that you actually stayed the same or actually lost & it was masked by the water weight- I don't think it 'stops the weightloss' you may find you have a way bigger loss nxt week to compensate! Great to keep with the positive attitude though it's the only way & you've been staying within your points so I'd say you'll see it nxt week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Just home from work and only had 3 points left for the day and i am starving!!!! Ive been sooo good all week and my WI is tomorrow . I had two slices of bread with low cheese and light coleslaw , a bowl of frosties , and two hero sweets!! what it wrong with me ??! and im still hungry........

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

So peed off that i got so weak i couldnt hold out.

:(

There is nothing wrong with you!! You are hungry, you want to eat. You could have done worse....I hope you still do ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Kay_80 wrote: »
    If you do a search on this thread for muffins it should come up it's been posted a few times already there's one for breakfast bran muffins ( has fruit) & a savory one with cheese which was in the rte guide pullout last week.
    Is the recipe for the savory ones on the thread? Ive made the bran ones there lovely id like to try the savory ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

CFitz1810 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to this, I had my WI last night and was surprised to lose 2 lbs after having an Indian on Friday night, I was really good during the week. I really enjoy the motivation this thread gives, thanks everyone.

Welcome! You were good for the rest of the week so that's probably why you were down. You're weekly 49 points might've covered the Indian. It's very important to allow yourself a treat. The problem is when you don't stop after the one, I know I can't :o
    huggiebear wrote: »

It's my TOTM this week as well so I've a feeling I might be up. Hopefully it'll balance out next week. It did on the old plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 anneo

Hi All,
    I'm newish to WW, this week will be my 5th weigh in and I have already lost 7.5 lbs, got my silver seven and am delighted. This is a great tread and like to thanks everyone for the tips. I think the thing that has helped me the most is making my own veg soup which I love.
    But the thing is, I though when its only 1 point that I could spice it up a bit with a spoon of cream from a can but i cant see how many pro points are in the cream. Any ideas?
    Cheers :D

fofany wrote: »

Excellent, well done. Enjoy the holiday, enjoy the cheap wine when you can and I am sure you will walk it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

I know this question has probably been asked a bunch of times but does anyone know the pp value for a bottle of bulmers light?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Well I am now on my 6th day, weigh in tomorrow and I have stuck to it, have mostly been around 27 points except for sat when I went over and used up about 11 of the weekly allowance!
    I find it is a pain to try and do two meals, one for me and one for my husband and daughter who run a mile at the thought of anything that might be diet food!!
    Therefore for me the best is something that does not seem to be diet, but is low in points and I can bulk mine out with veg instead of spuds or rice!

Had a great meal last night. chicken breasts cooked in one of those Knorr chicken tonight jars. It was the spanish chicken one, and the whole jar is only 4 points ! I added some mushrooms to it, and had some vegetables and rice and it was delicious and quick!
    The chicken breasts were 4p
    1/4 jar of sauce 1pt
    white rice 6 points (less if it is brown rice)
    Mushrooms and other veg 0
    So a nice tasty filling meal for only 11 points.

Thanks for all the recipes and tips, this site is like gold!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Amre17 wrote: »
    I know this question has probably been asked a bunch of times but does anyone know the pp value for a bottle of bulmers light?

Hi
    its 3 pp for a 250 ml bottle and 4 for 330ml can according to the WW pro points shopping book they call it magners but it is the same stuff.the Bacardi breezers are 4 as well except the orange and lemon which are 5 also coors light is 4....Alcohol free lager is 1 pp per pint

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

Can anybody tell me why, when I am sticking to my 29 daily pts and only using, on occasion, approx 10 of my weekly 49, am I only losing 1lb per week. I feel frustrated by it. I am not new to WW and I am v careful about using the tracker. I would appreciate any advice to speed things up a bit. Thanks.

SAexpat wrote: »
    I find it is a pain to try and do two meals, one for me and one for my husband and daughter who run a mile at the thought of anything that might be diet food!!
    Therefore for me the best is something that does not seem to be diet, but is low in points and I can bulk mine out with veg instead of spuds or rice!

I am cooking 2 meals too sometimes, so the same dinner in 2 pots so I can measure everything that is going to mine. I seem to spend so much time these days cooking!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Well girls, i didn't make it to WI this morning but will go tomorrow.
    Got some good news anyway and thought to share for those of you who may not be seeing big losses you expect. Think about how much good you are doing yourself just by eating healthier. I reckon i still have about 2 stone to lose, but since starting WW my cholesterol has reduced from 6.3 (v v bad) to 4.9 (perfect according to the nurse!) Also my hormone levels, which are a factor in my weight gain, are back to normal now!!
    So even if i don't lose tomorrow i am on top of the world knowing how much good i am doing my health!!!!
    E x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

agrif06 wrote: »

hadn't noticed that before. woops...just checked the magazone...just says dash of cinnamon

elsy wrote: »
    Is the recipe for the savory ones on the thread? Ive made the bran ones there lovely id like to try the savory ones

Recipe is in this weeks RTE GUIDE

eimear1 wrote: »
    Got some good news anyway and thought to share for those of you who may not be seeing big losses you expect. Think about how much good you are doing yourself just by eating healthier. I reckon i still have about 2 stone to lose, but since starting WW my cholesterol has reduced from 6.3 (v v bad) to 4.9 (perfect according to the nurse!) Also my hormone levels, which are a factor in my weight gain, are back to normal now!!
    So even if i don't lose tomorrow i am on top of the world knowing how much good i am doing my health!!!!
    E x

Thats fantastic! Getting healthier is the most important thing! Well your choloesterol test proves that you are doing all the right things!

I'm wrecked tired! I really cant be bothered typing out the cheese muffin recipe....but i am going to scan it it in...

WHO EVER WANTS THE CHEESE, TOMATO & SWEETCORN MUFFIN (4pp) RECIPE, PM ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I'll SEND IT ON!

eimear1 wrote: »
    E x

Well Eimear, isn't that exactly the point. Great news! This is what it's all about with the added bonus of a SUSTAINED weight loss. Well done. Having said that I reckon I did damage this week, really pushing my maintenance to see what I get away with. Will see tomorrow!!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Thats fantastic! Getting healthier is the most important thing! Well your choloesterol test proves that you are doing all the right things!

I'm wrecked tired! I really cant be bothered typing out the cheese muffin recipe....but i am going to scan it it in...

WHO EVER WANTS THE CHEESE, TOMATO & SWEETCORN MUFFIN (4pp) RECIPE, PM ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I'll SEND IT ON!

You are great Lady Lainy, go have a rest, they can all wait for the recipe :)

• Advertisement

kashmir wrote: »
    You are great Lady Lainy, go have a rest, they can all wait for the recipe :)

Gotta go peel spuds and chop veg :p this healthy eating thing is time consuming! Just in the door from work! But woo 4 days in a row of pointing perfectly! Still only used about 11 of my weeklies :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement