Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Just home from work and only had 3 points left for the day and i am starving!!!! Ive been sooo good all week and my WI is tomorrow . I had two slices of bread with low cheese and light coleslaw , a bowl of frosties , and two hero sweets!! what it wrong with me ??! and im still hungry........

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

So peed off that i got so weak i couldnt hold out.

:(

We have all been there Cat!
    I am always a bit hungry when I get home so I have a yogurt and busy myself like put a wash on or starting preparing dinner...himself doesnt get home until an hour after me and I dont want to binge b4 dinner!

I do try to fit in my exercise video when i get home- so yogurt- 50 min work out- lots of water - then dinner...later if I am peckish is toast of connaught gold butter....mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    hadn't noticed that before. woops...just checked the magazone...just says dash of cinnamon

Thanks!! I'm about to make them now - I'll throw in a bit of cinnamon and see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Just sitting waitin for my meetin to start. .
    ( I may eat my leader I'm so hungry!)
    Still I lost 3.5 pounds and got my first Silver 7 (this time round)
    Woop!
    Keep up the good work everyone!

Haven't tried these yet, but will give them a go later in the week.

Serves 12 - 4 propoints each

Ingredients
    •150g self-raising flour
    •150g wholemeal flour
    •1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    •100g light muscovado sugar
    •50g porridge oats, plus 1 tbsp for topping
    •2 medium ripe bananas
    •280ml buttermilk
    •2 tbsp light olive oil
    •2 egg whites

Method
    1.Heat oven to 180oC and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Sieve the self-raising flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Add in the wholemeal flour.

2.Save 1 tbsp of the sugar, then mix the remainder with the flour and 50g oats. Make a well in the centre.

3.In a separate bowl, mash the bananas until nearly smooth. Stir the
    buttermilk, oil and egg whites into the mashed banana until evenly combined.

4.Pour the liquid mixture into the well and stir quickly with a wooden spoon. The mix will look lumpy and may have the odd fleck of flour still visible, but don't be tempted to over-mix.

5.Divide the mix between the muffin cases - they will be quite full - then sprinkle the tops with the final tbsp of the oats and the rest of the sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and golden.

6.Cool for 5 mins in the tray before lifting out onto a rack to cool completely

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Thanks a mil agrif06, they sound delish! Will try them soon!
    E x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ok so after falling off the wagon Thursday, Friday and Saturday and no exercise between Fri and Sun, I have been really good yesterday and today.

Until the OH got garlic cheese fries... ughhh ate half of them and WI is tomorrow. I thought being really good yesterday and today and did 2 walks today and yesterday would kinda offset my bold days a bit but I have truly messed it up now..

Properly, back on the wagon tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Lost 2 pounds this week! My leader still hasnt changed my point - am still on 35. Rarely eat 35 a day but eh just wondering - lost 12 pounds and am now 14st 9.5 lbs - Any thoughts?

Well done everybody xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Oh this looks so yummmmmmmy!

ProPoints® Value: 6
    Servings: 8
    Preparation Time: 150 min
    Cooking Time: 0 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

A little slice of heaven. Indulge!

Ingredients
    50 g Butter, (1 3/4oz)
    6 biscuit(s) Biscuit, Digestive, Low Fat, crushed
    1 sachet(s) Gelatine, (powdered), use 1 1/2 tbsp
    100 ml Water, (just-boiled)
    300 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat, (10 1/2oz)
    300 g Yogurt, Virtually Fat Free, Plain, (10 1/2oz)
    2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
    4 tablespoons Artificial Sweetener, powdered
    2 teaspoons (heaped) Cocoa Powder,
    To decorate:
    75 g Chocolate, White, broken into pieces
    1 teaspoons (heaped) Cocoa Powder

Instructions
    Line a 20cm (8 inch) non-stick loose-based cake tin with non-stick baking parchment or greaseproof paper.

Melt the butter over a low heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Tip them into the cake tin, pressing them evenly over the base. Chill for about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, sprinkle the gelatine into a small jug containing the just-boiled water, stirring well. Allow to dissolve for 4-5 minutes to give a clear liquid.

In a large bowl, beat the cheese to soften it, then mix in the yogurt, vanilla and chocolate extracts and sweetener. Dissolve the cocoa powder in 2-3 tbsp hot water, stirring until smooth. Add to the cheese mixture. Taste the mixture, adding more powdered sweetener if needed.

Stir the cooled gelatine liquid into the cheese mixture, making sure that it is thoroughly incorporated. Tip the mixture over the biscuit base and leave to set for about 2 hours.

When ready to serve, carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin and peel away the lining paper. To decorate, melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl, positioned over a pan of simmering water. Fill a spoon with the melted chocolate and drizzle it over the surface of the set cheesecake. Cut into slices, then serve, sprinkled with cocoa powder.

If the gelatine sets before you add it to the cheese mixture, melt it by putting the jug into a saucepan of hot water, though you must make sure that the gelatine liquid is quite cool before you add it to the mixture.

If you can get hold of Chocolate Extract, you can add 2 tsp as well as the vanilla essence.

Cream of Leek and Potato Soup with Shredded Chicken

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Whilst this is a warming soup for the winter months, you can also serve it on a balmy hot day really well chilled.

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    2 medium Leek, sliced finely
    200 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, peeled and cubed
    1 medium Onion, All Types, chopped finely
    1/4 teaspoons Rosemary, Dried
    1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, (make 1 pint)
    300 ml Milk, Skimmed
    175 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw
    1 pinch Salt
    1 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    2 teaspoons Chives, Fresh, snipped

Instructions
    Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray and gently saute the leeks, potatoes and onion for 10 minutes or until softened.

Add the herbs, stock or water and chicken breast. Cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.

Remove the chicken and wrap it in foil. Transfer the soup to a liquidiser or food processor and blend for about 20 seconds, or until smooth. Return to the saucepan, stir in the milk and gently heat through, until piping hot. Season to taste, with salt and pepper.

Finely shred the chicken and divide between four warm soup bowls. Ladle the soup over the chicken and sprinkle with the chives.

___________________-

Crabmeat and Prawn Wonton Soup

ProPoints® Value: 1
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 5 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Try your hand at making this light oriental-style soup – it’s delicious!

Ingredients
    50 g Shellfish, Crab, Boiled, flaked and 12 square wonton wrappers (available from Oriental supermarkets)
    50 g Shellfish, Prawns, Peeled & Cooked, cooked, finely chopped
    1 teaspoons Chives, Fresh, chopped
    1/8 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    850 ml Stock, Fresh, vegetable or chicken
    2 medium Spring Onions, finely chopped
    1 portion(s) Spinach, or pak choi leaves

Instructions
    Mix together the crabmeat, prawns and chives. Lay the wonton wrappers on a work surface and share the crab mixture between them, spooning it into the middle of each wrapper. Brush the edges of the wontons with a little cold water, then draw them up to form little pouches, pressing the wrappers to seal tightly.

For the soup, heat the chicken or vegetable stock in a large saucepan and add the spring onions and spinach or pak choi. Add the wontons and simmer over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the wontons rise to the surface. Serve at once.

Cream of Potato Soup

ProPoints® Value: 2
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 20 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Don’t let the name fool you! This soup tastes rich and creamy and is certain to be warming and fill you up too.

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    2 medium Leek, medium, washed well and coarsely chopped
    3 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    3 teaspoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
    1 teaspoons Tarragon, Dried, dried
    175 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    900 ml Stock, Fresh
    300 ml Milk, Skimmed
    1/8 teaspoons Salt, or to taste
    1/2 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground), or to taste
    4 tablespoons Fromage Frais, Very Low Fat, Plain

Instructions
    Spray large saucepan with cooking spray and gently heat. Add leeks and sauté until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove a few leeks and reserve for garnish.

Add garlic, parsley and dried tarragon to saucepan. Stir and cook until herbs are fragrant, about 1 minute.

Add potatoes and stock and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Partially cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.

Purée potato mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to saucepan, add skimmed milk and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve, garnished with fromage frais, reserved leeks and a little black pepper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 neadypaydi

Hi Boxoff, i started at 15st 1 and 1/2 and my leader had me at 32 points - im now down to 14 st. 81/2 and she has me down to 31 points, but i suppose its no biggy so long as you are still losing its obviously working for you regardless of what points your leader has you on.

I am a newbie to boards.ie, i was actually trying to find a site where I could get the lowdown on pro-points in different foods (I had a sneaky slice of flourless chocolate cake today and am wondering what damage i've done - am presuming somewhere in the region of 10 pro-points) any thoughts on either the choccy cake or a site - someone in my meeting mentioned that ww have a section on their website with a list of propoints (not in the pack that they hand out on opening night!) but cannot find it.... would appreciate any tips/advice
    :):)

• Advertisement

ps this thread is dynamite!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

neadypaydi wrote: »

I am a newbie to boards.ie, i was actually trying to find a site where I could get the lowdown on pro-points in different foods (I had a sneaky slice of flourless chocolate cake today and am wondering what damage i've done - am presuming somewhere in the region of 10 pro-points) any thoughts on either the choccy cake or a site - someone in my meeting mentioned that ww have a section on their website with a list of propoints (not in the pack that they hand out on opening night!) but cannot find it.... would appreciate any tips/advice

Hey there, welcome and good luck!
    Presume you don't have the packaging of the cake - would you know if it was a well-known brand cos it might be in the shop guide?
    Just looking thru the eating out guide and can't find any flourless types - that would make them lower in points than reg choc cake right?? If it was from a chain like starbucks etc it might be in the book, just let me know and i can check either book for you,
    Eimear :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

So just had a yummy dinner, Dunnes Tomatoe and Mushroom Pasta Sauce for a whole jar is only 1 point.

So put a 1/4 of it in a saucepan, added some water and cooked some mushrooms, celery, carrots and onions in it. Then cooked 40g(dry) of pasta shells (4pp), added them with some mixed herbs to the sauce, let it simmer down and thicken up, sprinkled 15g cheese (2pp) on top.

It was nice and filling with all the chunky veg in it and it was dinner for only 6pp.

I always find I have used about 15-20pp between breakfast and lunch and then struggle at dinner time.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Does anyone know if the American points plus has the same value as pro points a few recipes I want to try from American website. Ps lady lainy your a angel putting all the recipes up its much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

elsy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the American points plus has the same value as pro points a few recipes I want to try from American website. Ps lady lainy your a angel putting all the recipes up its much appreciated!

No they're calculated slightly different. I'd calculate the recipes yourself. Thanks also Lainy. The cake looks gorgeous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

neadypaydi wrote: »
    Hi Boxoff, i started at 15st 1 and 1/2 and my leader had me at 32 points - im now down to 14 st. 81/2 and she has me down to 31 points, but i suppose its no biggy so long as you are still losing its obviously working for you regardless of what points your leader has you on.

Thanks mil for your reply! Suppose I'll take it as 30 ish so - Thats in around what I usually would have anyway, got myself in a bit of a routine but just having my three meals and all other snacks are only fruit. I like fruit anyway so its no biggie!

I bought myself the shopping guide at the meeting (think it was 6e). Its great for working out what is in home baking or if you are making a meal, its very handy to get the exact points on almost everything. Private mail me the receipe of the cake if you baked it yourself and il give you the points of everything that was in it and then add then up and finally divide by the number of portions you get. Ah doubt it wold be ten now, I'd guess more along the lines of 6 or 7!

Well done on your loss - its a great feeling! jx

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tip

It is so positive to read all of your weight losses this wk !!!. Some of you are just doing so well, it proves that Propoints work. Dobh are you weighing your food ??? I am not losing because I slacked off on weighing my food. Guessing is not the way to go. I have done WW so often I feel I could give the class, but whenever you start back its important to weigh food and track n exercise. I am only using about 10 of my weeklys this wk to see if it well make a difference.

elsy wrote: »

No probs! I know a few ppl were looking for soup! the creamy potato soup sounds nice alright! :) i'm not a veg soup person! So finding a soup I like would be great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hiya girls, congratulations to all on their weight losses, and good luck for the coming week.

I will try post the recipe for the sweetcorn and tomato cheese muffins later, to give poor lainy a break! I'm just in work at minute, may not get to do it until tomorrow.

Have my 3rd weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed,but not too hopeful as i'm due my period in next day or two,just wish it would come now, night increase my chances of a loss!

Cheers boxoff and eimear1. I had the cake in a really nice cafe where they homebake everything so haven't a notion what's in it - very naughty I know! Did well this week on the tracking etc so thought I deserved a little treat - might regret it come Thursday though!! Thanks lady Laine for recipes - it's great to get new ideas (not a big fan of the veggie soup either) my baby at the mo is ww pitta with lowfat coleslaw three turkey rashers tomato and rocket for five pp - very tasty and filling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Havnt been on in the last few weeks as I've been so busy at work:rolleyes: Still going good-little losses every week & down 3 this evening so happy days! Hope everyone else is doing great!:) Worried about next week as I will be in work from morning til night & there will be way too many opportunities for snacking on sandwiches, junk & not getting a proper dinner! Any suggestions apart from the obvious stash of fruit??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 emloujen

Hi EVeryone,

Im new to this. All posts are so encouraging, a friend told me earlier on today about the forum. I joined weight watchers 4 weeks ago. down 2 on my first week and 3 on my second...then up 2 on my 3rd. Last week was my birthday and no doubt im up again. Im dreading my WI this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

boxoff wrote: »
    Lost 2 pounds this week! My leader still hasnt changed my point - am still on 35. Rarely eat 35 a day but eh just wondering - lost 12 pounds and am now 14st 9.5 lbs - Any thoughts?

Well done everybody xx

Starting off I was 14st 8lb and my dailys were 31 pro points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Hi all, I see some people discussing their daily propoints allowance.

I noticed in week 3, when I bought the calculator and input my info, that my daily allowance had gone down from what my leader had said to me originally.

It was much more simple on the old system to work out your daily points and it was an easy rule of thumb to subtract one point every time you dropped into the next stone bracket.

For anyone who has a calculator - make sure after you have been weighed every week you input your info with your new weight to establish your new allowance & for anyone who doesnt have a calculator, be sure to ask your leader every time you're weighed what your new allowance is.

boxoff wrote: »

Well done everybody xx

Generally when you go down to the next stone you go down a propoint. So if you started off at 15 st something on 35 propoints and now youre 14 stone something you should be on 34 propoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

lil kc wrote: »
    I always find I have used about 15-20pp between breakfast and lunch and then struggle at dinner time.

This was always my problem, and I love my little treats while watching TV at night so going on a tip in the 5% booklet that I got last week, I have started pointing from dinner to dinner that way I am managing to stay within my points!!

Although I totally fell off the wagon Saturday Sunday and Monday!!

Does Lady Lainy or anyone else that made the muffins have any tips on making them??? I made them this evening, but they were a bit dry and heavy. I think I followed the recipe correctly but just wondering if there's any tricks people found when making them?

eok56 wrote: »
    This was always my problem, and I love my little treats while watching TV at night so going on a tip in the 5% booklet that I got last week, I have started pointing from dinner to dinner that way I am managing to stay within my points!!

Although I totally fell off the wagon Saturday Sunday and Monday!!

How does that work? Does it go dinner, breakfast, lunch? I would be the same as you. I love my treats and often find that by the time it gets to dinner I've used loads of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

The way I go now is starting at my dinner this evening I used 10 points on dinner and I had 5 on treats!! I am on 34 points a day so I now have 19 for breakfast and lunch tomorrow. Sometimes I overdo the treats and I am going into the following day with a lot less but I find it much easier to bulk up on fruit during the day as opposed to night time when I need my treats!!

The one down fall to this method is that if you fall off the wagon it's not as easy again to start the next day!!

• Advertisement

Thanks. I might look at that system. I think I need to cut down on my treats though. I've had serious chocolate cravings the last few days but sticking to low point treats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement