Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

I am on my 5th week back and at the start I was really disciplined and used to have one or two treats each day, this week I have decided to stop buying them.I am such a chocoholic.... fruit just doesn't fill that gap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nerdygirl

Hi everyone,
    I have been following the thread for about a week or so ... I stumbled across it when googling the pro points of something.
    I joined WW 3 weeks ago (weigh in on a monday) and all is going well so far.
    I have done the old system in the past and this one seems to suit the way I eat better.
    I have found this thread a great support - thanks to you all.
    I also have made the bran muffins - I added strawberries and some flaked almonds and almond essence and they were lovely.
    I don't know if anyone has tried it but the butternutsquash/red pepper/omion soup on the weightwatchers.ie site is fab.
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

eok56 wrote: »
    I am on my 5th week back and at the start I was really disciplined and used to have one or two treats each day, this week I have decided to stop buying them.I am such a chocoholic.... fruit just doesn't fill that gap!!

Me too that's half my problem :D I think I'm gonna plan my main meals and then allocate the rest to treats. Dreading my WI tomorrow I've just picked at everything tonight :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

I'm the same, weigh in tomorrow haven't been too bad today but Saturday, Sunday and Monday I was terrible, really terrible!! more like 49 daily points rather than weekly points :(
    Had a good chat with myself and a run this morning can't be losing my motivation at this stage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Good luck with your WI hopefully we haven't done too much damage :p I did an exercise DVD last night for the first time and my legs were in bits. I struggled to walk around Dundrum today let alone get out for my walk :(
    nerdygirl wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I have been following the thread for about a week or so ... I stumbled across it when googling the pro points of something.
    I joined WW 3 weeks ago (weigh in on a monday) and all is going well so far.
    I have done the old system in the past and this one seems to suit the way I eat better.
    I have found this thread a great support - thanks to you all.
    I also have made the bran muffins - I added strawberries and some flaked almonds and almond essence and they were lovely.
    I don't know if anyone has tried it but the butternutsquash/red pepper/omion soup on the weightwatchers.ie site is fab.
    Thanks again.

Welcome and well done on your loss so far. I'm going making soup tomorrow so plan on giving it a go thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Yaay - I'm joining you ladies in the Weight Loss club this week. I had my WI last night and I was down 3.5lbs! :D
    I just have one more pound to go until I reach a full 2 stone off!!

Well done everyone else who has lost this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Well done bubaloo, hopefully you will get the two stone mark next week.
    Did weighin this morn and another 1lb lost slow but sure!
    I decided that this week I am going to alter my diet somewhat. I have cut back on unhealthy carbs and am havinf=g smaller portions of healthier ones. Snacking was begining to creep back into my diet in a big way, this has always been my downfall so I am going to try and nip that in the bud. Aside from a couple of portions of fruit I have 25g tesco natural mixed nuts/pistachio nuts pp5 and maybe 25g 70% dark choc pp4. I am hoping that this and starting to exercise will increase weight loss!
    Must admit will still be having a couple glasses of wine at the weekend but I am planning on having salted peanuts and popcorn rather than crisps with it!
    Best of luck with the weighins everybody and welcome to all the new posters:)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

ahhh WI tonight!! TOTM too. really really craving chocolate. had some last night within my points. i still feel guilty though when eating it.
    anyway made the orange cookies this morning. they are yummy!! for 2 pp each they are so worth it :D had 3 for breakfast :eek: they are only small though :D

well done on all your losses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

eok56 wrote: »

I really love choc myself.. and altho it's not the same, what i do when i crave chocolate is having a cup of Options.. it's only 1pp if you make it with water and it's yummy!! :p
    hope it helps!!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks. I might look at that system. I think I need to cut down on my treats though. I've had serious chocolate cravings the last few days but sticking to low point treats.

25g of 70% dark choc is pp4, sounds like a lot but with a cup tea coffee and letting it melt in your mouth it is lovely and not moreish like a lot of other choc bars.

• Advertisement

I havent tried this just came across it on ww uk site might help with those choc cravings

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 2
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 5 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

A rich and creamy chocolate mousse is always a winner, and this one won't disappoint you.
    Ingredients

20 g Chocolate, Milk, broken into pieces 15 g Chocolate, White, broken into pieces 1 individual Egg White 150 g Yogurt, Greek, 0% Fat 1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract 10 g Raspberries 5 g Chocolate, Milk, grated, to decorate Instructions
    • Place milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl and white chocolate in a separate heatproof bowl. Heat separately in the microwave for 30 seconds, checking every 10 seconds, until the chocolates have melted.
    • Whisk the egg white into stiff peaks form. Stir 100g Greek yogurt into the milk chocolate until combined and fold in 1 tbsp of the egg white to loosen the yogurt. Fold in 3/4 of the remaining egg white and set aside.
    • Fold 50g Greek yogurt into the white chocolate and add a few drops of vanilla essence. Stir in 1 tbsp of the remaining egg white and then fold in the rest.
    • Spoon the vanilla mousse mix into the chocolate mousse and stir to just mix, leaving the mousse marbled.
    • Spoon into a serving glass and chill for 1-3 hours until set.
    • Decorate with raspberries and grated milk chocolate and serve.

Actually the more I look at it the nicer it sounds I think I will try making this one at the weekend will let ye know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Just found this on Irish site, going to make in heart shaped bun form at the weekend!!

ProPoints values | 5 per serving
    Servings | 6
    Preparation Time | 25 min
    Cooking Time | 15 min
    Level of Difficulty | Easy

| This no-fat sponge is the perfect treat for a buffet, afternoon tea or special dessert. It’s so yummy!

Ingredients

5 spray low-fat cooking spray
    3 medium eggs
    75 g (2 ¾ oz) soft, light brown sugar
    75 g (2 ¾ oz) plain flour
    1 pinch salt
    100 g (3 ½ oz) low-fat soft cheese
    4 tablespoon 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
    1 tablespoon powdered artificial sweetener
    50 g strawberries
    50 g blackberries
    50 g raspberries
    50 g blueberries
    2 level tablespoon maple syrup

Instructions

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C. Spray a 20cm (8 inch) loose-bottomed cake tin with low fat cooking spray.
    In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together using a hand-held electric mixer until very thick, light and airy. This will take about 5 minutes. Gently fold in the flour and salt using a large metal spoon. Transfer to the cake tin and level the surface.
    Bake the cake in the centre of the oven for 15-18 minutes until firm, yet slightly springy to touch. Cool for a few minutes, then remove from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack.
    Beat the soft cheese, yogurt, vanilla extract and sweetener together. Spread over the cake and top with the fruit. Just before serving, drizzle with the maple syrup.
    Use a combination of berries that takes your fancy. Refrigerate the cake if it is to be eaten later, though be sure to serve it at room temperature to enjoy it at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

astra2000 wrote: »
    25g of 70% dark choc is pp4, sounds like a lot but with a cup tea coffee and letting it melt in your mouth it is lovely and not moreish like a lot of other choc bars.

I bought 85% chocolate for a chocolate cake a couple of weeks ago, and have had a couple of squares when I've had cravings.
    I'm not really a big fan of the taste so I definately don't want more.
    Also, the big bars in aldi are handy coz they are individually packed.

@lady lainy: is that the cheese cake from the rte guide last week? It looks delish.
    It's our anniversary this weekend and I was thinking of making it as a bit of a treat.

WI tonight...hope I can do as well as some of you ladies. Some of ye are so disciplined. I'm envious. I just hope that my weekend binge doesn't affect me too much. I got in a good bit of exercise, cldn't get to exercise last night as I tweaked my back during the day, but a good nights sleep seems to have sorted it out.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    when taking the pizza out of the freezer, break it in half and only cook half, put the rest back into the freezer. Whacking em off the counter top works for me to break em.

Just saw this tip npw while reading all the w/e posts I missed, great idea might make my sat nite treat a nice pizza and not worry about over indulging rest will be in the freezer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 anneo

Loving this tread. I find myself starting to get longings for food (crap food :( ) again more offen. I must say I love a cup of coffee and WW Toffee Bars - They are sooooooo nice and my partner loves them too.
    I feel bad buying them every week at the WI, cause i am buying a box each but would like to buy more only people will start to wonder why Im there :p. Is there anywhere else I could get them. And also I cant stop thinking of sticky toffee pudding - and want to treat myself - but I see WW Brand has one on the market but I cant find it in any shops, anyone know where I would get that.

Also here a recipe I found for you all, maybe ye already have it:

Chicken Fried Rice
    ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 13 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    4 individual Egg White
    50 g Spring Onions, chopped, green and white parts
    2 clove(s) Garlic, medium, minced
    350 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw, boneless, diced (12 oz)
    65 g Carrots, Old, Raw, chopped
    320 g Rice, Brown, Boiled, kept hot
    65 g Peas, Petits Pois, frozen green peas, thawed
    3 tablespoons Soy Sauce

Instructions
    Coat a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.

Off the heat, recoat frying pan with cooking spray and place back over medium-high heat. Add spring onions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; sauté until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.

Stir in reserved egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Divide equally to serve.

Found this on ww.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

just back from my second WI.. down only 1lb..
    I'm a bit disappointed.. i had a nice meal for the OH b'day, but that day i had a 0pt lunch to make up for it and had stake, rice & salad.. no dessert.. so wasn't that bad, then on the weekend had a bit of choc cake, again coz of the b'day, and i also pointed it very high and made up having very low point choices.. as per my calculations i still had 36ppt of the weeklys.. so.. not sure what went wrong. Maybe i just underestimated the points..
    Still is a loss i guess, and whatever the scales said i feel my clothes are not as thight anymore.. so i'll take is a some progress and will hopefully see better results next week!

Thanks evybody for the good advice, the recipes and the experiences sharing!! keep 'em coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Has anyone tried the new selection boxes in the meetings?
    I got one Monday night absolutely fantastic and great value, 10 treats all worth 2 pp each
    5 choc treats and 5 fruity treats bars raisins etc. the white choc crisp bar is to die for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

astra2000 wrote: »
    Just saw this tip npw while reading all the w/e posts I missed, great idea might make my sat nite treat a nice pizza and not worry about over indulging rest will be in the freezer!

It does cut the risk of eating the whole thing in one go, and I know most frozen pizzas are cheap to buy but this little trick does save waste.

I am having a better week this week, made a big pot veg soup and it is helping me stay on track. i work evenings, do a course on monday on friday mornings and the day starts early mon - fri with the school run. That means a lot of waking hours so need to be surrounded by low point healthy foodstuffs.
    Gonna do my shop in aldi this week and make of the most of the fruit/veg offers. I have been finding filling a healthy trolley quite expensive!!!

amira wrote: »
    just back from my second WI.. down only 1lb..
    I'm a bit disappointed.. i had a nice meal for the OH b'day, but that day i had a 0pt lunch to make up for it and had stake, rice & salad.. no dessert.. so wasn't that bad, then on the weekend had a bit of choc cake, again coz of the b'day, and i also pointed it very high and made up having very low point choices.. as per my calculations i still had 36ppt of the weeklys.. so.. not sure what went wrong. Maybe i just underestimated the points..
    Still is a loss i guess, and whatever the scales said i feel my clothes are not as thight anymore.. so i'll take is a some progress and will hopefully see better results next week!

Thanks evybody for the good advice, the recipes and the experiences sharing!! keep 'em coming!

Did you have a big loss the first week? this might explain it.

i am finding the losses lower on this plan but if I have an unavoidable bad week the wieght doesnt seem to fly striaght back on either.

I believe that this plan is more geared towards healthier SUSTAINABLE weight loss.

Keep at it, find something that weighs a pound, carry it round for a while - a pound is alot(i got this tip from a friend who never has to diet!!! - she has turned out to be great support)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well after dreading my weigh in this morning as I'm due my period,and felt I had ate a lot of chocolate, I was down 2 Lbs, am thrilled! I nearly didnt go to my meeting as I was dreading it so much, am so glad I went now.

Hope everyone is doing well,and congrars to all losses so far this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

Hey all,

My first post, am a longtime member on the old system, lost 5 st all in all, have given up smoking and put nearly one back on so am back to the meetings now. Seems like it is the only thing that keeps me on track. Went to my first weigh in last night and am down 4lbs, a, delighted, just wanted to say hi to you all and keep up the good work .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Just found this thread while googling recipes for pro points. This is my second time on WW. Really loving the new plan. This is my fourth week (WI on Thursdays), and I've lost 8.5lbs already! Not finding it too hard to stick to the 29 points a day, haven't really dipped into my 49 weekly points a lot except if going out to dinner at the weekend! Only lost half a pound last week though which was a bit disappointing, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

It's really nice to follow everyone else's stories and see that everyone struggles at some point! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Just home from WI2 and 2.5lbs down, very pleased but I deserved it cos I was v good this week ha! Its only 4 lbs in first 2 weeks but thats cos I was only giving it 50% in first week.

About to have M&S Fuller for Longer Cod Mornay with Mash, Green veg & Cheddar cheese sauce for only n 8PP (Yay)!

Think M&S are going to have to rethink some of their Count on Us Meals because after converting from points to PP, some of the meals are quite high (and certainly higher than some of the tastier Fuller for Longer ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

hello lovely ladies..dont know if there are any gents!
    have my 4th WI tonight, finges x's I have really upped the exercise so hopefully it will show...I've had a slow start!!
    Thanks for all the recipies, the chocolate and sweet one's I just cant try yet! I would eat the whole thing as it came out of the oven! I cant even buy the 5 pack of curly wurlys cause I eat the whole lot!!!!!!!

Somone mentioned that the bran muffins were a bit dry, I mentioned a few pages back that I added a table spoon of low fat natural yoghurt and they came out yummy,..hope this helps..

just had my quorn cottage pie, with turnip and butternut squash mash for lunch...feeling stuffed now..need an apple to curbe my sweet tooth...
    good luck with all the WI's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Have weigh in tonight and dreading it as it's my TOTM, feel so bloated! Going to go anyway and even if I'm up I'll know thats the reason because have been really good all week!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

brenmcp wrote: »
    Hey all,

My first post, am a longtime member on the old system, lost 5 st all in all, have given up smoking and put nearly one back on so am back to the meetings now. Seems like it is the only thing that keeps me on track. Went to my first weigh in last night and am down 4lbs, a, delighted, just wanted to say hi to you all and keep up the good work .

That's brilliant!Well done!!(that s a well done for the giving smoking..and the 5 st in all...and losing 4lbs AND having the sense to go back when you re only nearly one st back up unlike moi here who waited til she had as good as three back on before she took remedial action:eek:
    fair play!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

can anyone shed some light on a veg issue I ve discovered:mad:
    I was pointing my stir fries at 0 pp because the veg it contained were zero but when I pointed it on the calculator it gave me 10ppfor a 1kg bag which I d be very likely to eat half of and track it as no points!!!anyone know the reason??:confused::confused:

marvilly wrote: »
    can anyone shed some light on a veg issue I ve discovered:mad:
    I was pointing my stir fries at 0 pp because the veg it contained were zero but when I pointed it on the calculator it gave me 10ppfor a 1kg bag which I d be very likely to eat half of and track it as no points!!!anyone know the reason??:confused::confused:

In our meeting last week our leader happened to have the family pack of veg stir fry from tesco - she said the whole lot was 0pp, she was using it as part of demonstrating home cooking v take aways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Well....all i can say.....TRACK....no one is above it! New and old members....keep tracking! Its Soooooo easy to just say....ah thats "about" 100g....or "roughly" 100ml! I've tracked 100% so far this week....I havent been hungry at all! I find when I track properly....i get really tight with my points...i want to eat MORE food :P so I end up eating healthier when i track properly....then i end up being so stuffed with healthy food...i dont want the treats i was budgetting for....my weight in isnt till saturday morning....but just had a cheeky peek onthe scales....and WOW! hehe :D delighted! its totaly motivating me to keep tracking now!

• Advertisement

For anyone on facebook, if you add like the weight watchers page(american), you will find on your homepage great links to articels(sp) and nice inspiring thoughts for the day. (WW is infiltrating my world - if only I could stick to it)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement