Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

marvilly wrote: »
    can anyone shed some light on a veg issue I ve discovered:mad:
    I was pointing my stir fries at 0 pp because the veg it contained were zero but when I pointed it on the calculator it gave me 10ppfor a 1kg bag which I d be very likely to eat half of and track it as no points!!!anyone know the reason??:confused::confused:

Best thing is to hold onto the packaging and take it to your next meeting. Maybe the combination of those particular veg add up to points. some veg are higher in fiber and carbs than others.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    For anyone on facebook, if you add like the weight watchers page(american), you will find on your homepage great links to articels(sp) and nice inspiring thoughts for the day. (WW is infiltrating my world - if only I could stick to it)

The australian weight watchers facebook and website is good too!
    Just be aware american pluspoints and propoints are slightly different.
    Australia are using propoints same as uk/ireland!

been in college all day.....i'm addicted to this board now....as if ye couldnt tell...i check boards...before i check facebook these days LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Did you have a big loss the first week? this might explain it.

i am finding the losses lower on this plan but if I have an unavoidable bad week the wieght doesnt seem to fly striaght back on either.

I believe that this plan is more geared towards healthier SUSTAINABLE weight loss.

Keep at it, find something that weighs a pound, carry it round for a while - a pound is alot(i got this tip from a friend who never has to diet!!! - she has turned out to be great support)

Thanks Birdie!!
    I had 6lb loss the first week, i definitely was expecting less this week, but i would have loved a 2lb.. ah well, as you say, is about being healthy and achieve sustainable weightloss so i'll just be patient!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

hey all, I'm back after been on a 5day break in Berlin. finding t veryyyyyy hard to get bk into the healthy eating. didnt go to my 2nd WI last night as I knew id be up. i brought the eating out book away witth me and anything i fancied to eat or didnt want was veryyyyy high in pp. gutted i was. i feel deflated, lack of motivation. if anyone has any tips to get bk in swing can you email me. im desperate :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

I was pointing my stir fries at 0 pp because the veg it contained were zero but when I pointed it on the calculator it gave me 10ppfor a 1kg bag which I d be very likely to eat half of and track it as no points!!!anyone know the reason??:confused::confused:

Any chance there was corn in the mix (its quite high, well high compared to zero for most other veg), I know its in alot of stir-fry mix packs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

hi there,

so im 2 weeks in, have lost 4.5 pounds, I want to buy the eating out book, I have been going to the 12.45 class on wednesdays on abbey st and the girl didnt have it last week or this week, last week she said shed have it this week.

Has anyone else had this problem? or any advice where to get it?

Thanks

hi,

I bought the eating out book and I have to say its great!! very handy to have!!

EveT wrote: »
    hi there,

so im 2 weeks in, have lost 4.5 pounds, I want to buy the eating out book, I have been going to the 12.45 class on wednesdays on abbey st and the girl didnt have it last week or this week, last week she said shed have it this week.

Thanks

I really think its different with every leader, my leader rarely has the bars I like (rich toffee) and stocks of everything are always low and I go to a midday class! Im sorry I have no suggestions for getting the book (but I know you can buy it from UK website)

Congrats on the loss btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

In our meeting last week our leader happened to have the family pack of veg stir fry from tesco - she said the whole lot was 0pp, she was using it as part of demonstrating home cooking v take aways.

Thanks Birdie...I must look at others in Tesco.I just don t get it!It s the Green Isle Asian Stir Fry bag and there's no dressing or anything so dunno how it has pp-strange!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

amira wrote: »
    just back from my second WI.. down only 1lb..
    I'm a bit disappointed.. i had a nice meal for the OH b'day, but that day i had a 0pt lunch to make up for it and had stake, rice & salad.. no dessert.. so wasn't that bad, then on the weekend had a bit of choc cake, again coz of the b'day, and i also pointed it very high and made up having very low point choices.. as per my calculations i still had 36ppt of the weeklys.. so.. not sure what went wrong. Maybe i just underestimated the points..
    Still is a loss i guess, and whatever the scales said i feel my clothes are not as thight anymore.. so i'll take is a some progress and will hopefully see better results next week!

Thanks evybody for the good advice, the recipes and the experiences sharing!! keep 'em coming!

I had a really good loss my 1st week (8lbs) & then put on 2lbs on my 2nd week, even though I had stuck to the programme exactly. I was very disappointed, but stuck with it & had a 4lb loss on my 3rd week. I think my body was adjusting to the week1 loss, so maybe you're the same. Stick with it & I'm sure it will work out.

• Advertisement

hi there,

Thanks

Hi EveT..

I bought the book at my meeting but to be honest an awful lot of the places aren t even in Ireland so it's of limited enough use-subway,costa and the like are on it but for the general cuisine places like chinese and indian they have good info on the uk weightwatchers website:) or would you try a different meeting just for one week to buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

hi there,

Thanks

snap!! two weeks running and still no shop book in my class in Navan. Fed up asking!!!!

Well done to ye all on your weight losses.:P

Hi Millieboo,
    No..the mexican one has corn in it and kidney beans so it s higher but ibn the asian one there was baby corn which my leader said is free, mushroom, pepper, onion and carrot..cant figure it at all!me thinking I was being all good!!

Hi Millieboo,
    No..the mexican one has corn in it and kidney beans so it s higher but ibn the asian one there was baby corn which my leader said is free, mushroom, pepper, onion and carrot..cant figure it at all!me thinking I was being all good!!

Aw poor you:(, drives me mad when I think I've been good or chosen healthy choice and then find out how wrong I was ha! Although i do remember pointing bag of carrot battons once and it was like 2 points. Although I know that they make up for the min cals in zero point stuff by rounding up slightly on other stuff.

Def miss the half points! Especially things like, 3 tblsp xl mayo is 1 point (would never use that much on a sandwich etc....

so true and I end up saying 'ah feck it sure I might as well eat the whole point's worth if I cant go for half'...greedy me??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Just had a yummy chicken and pesto pizza ( think it was Pizza express from Tesco)

Worked out at 11 (old pts) for hte whole thing so I went for it!!! Soooooo gooood

Had 12 pts left today so will have an activa yogurt later and I am done!

Day 3 being an angel!...now to do some exercise!!!! ( or just clean the house!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Sitting waiting for my meeting to start with the biggest grin on my face. Lost 1.5 tonight, so have lost 2 stone exactly now :)
    It has taken me about 4 months to loose this second stone but I'm just loving the new plan. It's really suiting me and I'm really seeing results which is a major positive.
    Before I even stepped on the scales tonight my leader said I looked very slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

kildareash wrote: »
    Sitting waiting for my meeting to start with the biggest grin on my face. Lost 1.5 tonight, so have lost 2 stone exactly now :)
    It has taken me about 4 months to loose this second stone but I'm just loving the new plan. It's really suiting me and I'm really seeing results which is a major positive.

WOW that is so awesome!!!! Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    .....i'm addicted to this board now....as if ye couldnt tell...i check boards...before i check facebook these days LMAO

Im the same! No one else in my life is doing WW so this is where I come everyday to hear how everyone is doing and stay inspired!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Congratulations. Isn't it great when someone notices it on you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

agrif06 wrote: »
    Generally when you go down to the next stone you go down a propoint. So if you started off at 15 st something on 35 propoints and now youre 14 stone something you should be on 34 propoints.

I actually think that with pp you lose a point for every seven lbs you go down. i got a sliver seven there last week but stayed in the same stone bracket and went from 32 pp per day to 31. with the old plan you would only drop a point when you dropped into the next stone bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well, had my WI and sts. I'm ok with it because I thought I would be up.

Don't have great feelings for this week as I am off Monday and Tuesday (and Sat and Sun are my regular days off) and all I seem to do when I am off is eat.

And going out for dinner with the OH on Monday.

I am just going to try and be really good all the other days.

Getting very bored of walking. Might invest in another DVD, does anyone recommend a good workout DVD that is easy enough (new to exercise since November) and has decent music? (Find I enjoy it much better when there is recent, good music).

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

congrats on your losses :D
    I had my WI tonight and was down 3lbs :D:D i am down a total of 1 stone 1 and a half lbs :D:D im so happy. did come home and have a few jellies though :o but had about 10 pp left for the day. feel a bit sick now though after them. oh well that will teach me a lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

The asian stir fry isn't listed on the uk website, however loads of other Green Isle frozen veg is and it all has propoints!!!!

Examples

Mexican Stir Fry 2 propoints for 150g
    Supreme Stir Fry 2 propoints for 150g
    Winter Root Vegetables 2 propoints for 200g
    Diced Carrot and Parsnip 1 propoint for 100g
    Red Cabbage with Apple 2 propoints for 150g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Up 1.5lbs tonight but TOTM so not too worried. I'm gonna work really hard this week to try and have a loss next week.

But did go shopping today for a dress for a wedding in 2 weeks time. It was the reason I joined WW because I'm sick of being the biggest in the family. I picked up a size 12 instead of a 14 by mistake and it fitted perfectly :D The 14 was falling off me.

I'm allowing myself the evening off from WW. I've gotten a bit tired of tracking and pointing so I'm allowing myself one treat evening and then back to hard work tomorrow!

Well done to everyone who lost. Keep up the good work!

Eabha x

Well done to everyone on losses!! Hope I get a good one next Tuesday!!!

Tonight for dinner im having:

Chicken stirfry made from:
    Quorn chicken pieces
    3 sprays of low cal oil
    brocolli and carrots par boiled then in the wok with spring onion
    WW Mushroom Sauce simmered for few mins over it
    and Brown Basmati Rice!

brilliant!!!!well done!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

So glad I went to my WI now even though was my totm, felt so bloated so was a nervous wreck stepping onto the scales but lost 2 pounds and have now lost my first stone:D

agrif06 wrote: »
    The asian stir fry isn't listed on the uk website, however loads of other Green Isle frozen veg is and it all has propoints!!!!

Examples

Mexican Stir Fry 2 propoints for 150g
    Supreme Stir Fry 2 propoints for 150g
    Winter Root Vegetables 2 propoints for 200g
    Diced Carrot and Parsnip 1 propoint for 100g
    Red Cabbage with Apple 2 propoints for 150g

isnt it mad??!!no more 'virtuous' stir fries for me at that rate!I d never have stuck to 150g of it either..I d have horsed it in thinking I was doing great!:o I was prob having 4 or 5 pp at least..it ll be rice from now on if thats the case!!:D

• Advertisement

just a general food cooking/reheating question....

just wondering if i cooked a pizza tonight....do they reheat well? or do they turn to total ****e.

It be pretty hand. to just wack it in the microwave in the canteen to reheat it. and have a instand point friendly guilt free worry free nice lunch at college.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement