Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Anyone know how many pro points are in a standard twix bar????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Anyone know how many pro points are in a standard twix bar????

if its 58g bar. its 8pp

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Thank u to the person who posted the
    egg fried chicken rice. It was delicious
    and even have enough for lunch tom.
    cheated a little (leader suggested it last night)
    1tbsp soy sauce and 1tbsp worcester sauce
    for 0 pro points!
    Made the chocolate chip cookies too but they for
    Work as treat.. (wonder will anyone guess they ww! )

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hi... im new to this thread... just finished my first ww week last nite and was so happy to be down 9 pounds:D... really like the propoints much more freedom than the old program...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nautilus

Hi everyone, have been following the thread for a while now and you all are an inspiration.
    Have been on the program on and off over the past few years and currently have lost 2st 5lbs,
    Loving the new system and have lost 7 1/2 lbs since Jan and that has included a week away on holidays where I put on 3 but have lost it again.

Was talking to my leader tonight and we discussed how this new program has got rid of the feeling of guilt....if you track honestly you can have those treats and still have a weight loss.

If I need to be good, my failsafe treat is to make a smoothie. Filling and v healthy.

Whizz up 100mls low fat natural yoghurt with
    Handfull frozen raspberries
    Small Bannana
    some ice cubes

2pp

Keep up the good work everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

nautilus wrote: »
    If I need to be good, my failsafe treat is to make a smoothie. Filling and v healthy.

Whizz up 100mls low fat natural yoghurt with
    Handfull frozen raspberries
    Small Bannana
    some ice cubes

2pp

Keep up the good work everyone

Hiya, do you point your fruit for smoothies?

Tonight at our meeting, our leader said fruit is only free in its natural form and that if you cook it or blend it (ie: smoothie) you have to point it as pro points is worked on how the food is processed in your body and that when it is blended it goes straight into your blood stream and your body doesnt have to do much work to digest it.

She is going to get back to us next week on how to point it for smoothies. It has really put me off smoothies as I thought they were basically free as I dont use yoghurt, just 100ml juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

8 PP for the Twix!!
    OMG, not a good start!
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Just back from hols and weighed in today, 1lb down, happy with that, i didn't drink but ate what was on offer. so pretty happy. I walked a lot though.

Its great to read you are all doing so well, i know now i will lose if i don't drink alcohal, its not easy but can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nautilus

Monife wrote: »
    Hiya, do you point your fruit for smoothies?

Hi there Monife

No I dont point the fruit, mine is a variation of the one in the blue book with the ww pack and I just point the yoghurt, they also point it at 2pp

I would only point fruit if I juiced it and you were removing most of the fibre, however looking forward to seeing what your leader says as I will have to adjust....however it seems to be working for me.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

8 PP for the Twix!!
    OMG, not a good start!
    thanks!
    a twirl is 6pp
    old reliable curly wurly 3pp:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Hi there, had my first weigh in tonight, down 3 pounds! Very pleased with myself!
    People at the meeting were talking about whether they are eating too much/too little fruit. The leader suggested those who are not into fruit, should make smoothies, not a word about pointing the fruit. She did not seem to think it was an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

where do ye gals and lads put the 7 sticker that we get for every half stone? i put my two on the back of my phone,every time i use it i can see them shining at me as if to say ''well done girl''. ive lost 16lbs since jan4th. as some one said that guilt is gone with this new programe cos we have more to eat, who would think this time last year that we could eat more on weight watcher,s.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Give me strength, my sister is making brownies, the night before weigh in! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    just a general food cooking/reheating question....

just wondering if i cooked a pizza tonight....do they reheat well? or do they turn to total ****e.

It be pretty hand. to just wack it in the microwave in the canteen to reheat it. and have a instand point friendly guilt free worry free nice lunch at college.

Honestly???? Pretty ****e haha, you into cold pizza at all, I find it quitge nice, but I have only ever eaten take-away pizza cold not oven baked???? Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

I know ye are sick of the Lainys' muffin receipe been asked for but iv'e looked
    everywhere on the site and can't find it. I would really appreciate if some one could post the page PLEASE.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Reeeeeally need to get back on track. I haven't been super bad but obviously not doing as well as I could be because my weight loss has pretty much halved every week since I started.

I wanted to lose one & a half stone in total and so far have only lost 6lbs (tonight was my 4th WI).

WI-1 : Lost 3.0lbs
    WI-2 : Lost 1.5lbs
    WI-3 : Lost 1.0lbs
    WI-4 : Lost 0.5lbs

New week starting tomorrow so will track 100%, will try to cut down on carbs (just can't seem to part with them!). Going to get back exercising too, haven't been able to do any for the past few weeks due to an ankle injury.

Well done everyone on their losses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

arandale wrote: »
    I know ye are sick of the Lainys' muffin receipe been asked for but iv'e looked
    everywhere on the site and can't find it. I would really appreciate if some one could post the page PLEASE.

Here it is, hope you don't mind me reposting it Lainy!

Ingredients
    100ml skimmed milk
    100g self raising flour
    1 medium egg (45 - 60g)
    60g wheat bran
    60g of soft brown sugar
    (silverspoon do a reduced calorie soft brown sugar)
    125g blueberries or cranberries or raspberries (or a mix of any 0pt berries)

Servings: 6
    Recipe 22 propoints
    Per Serving: 4propints

Method
    Preheat the oven to 190 (gas mark 5)
    Put Skimmed Milk and wheat bran in a bowl, stir well and soak for 10 minutes.
    Beat the sugar and egg until well combined and then beat the bran mixture.

Sift in the flour spices, Fold in gently, but thoroughly, with a metal spoon in a figure of eight motion.
    Stir in the berries to fold them evenly into the mixture.
    Divide between six muffin cases.
    Bake in preheated oven for 29 minutes or until muffins are risen and firm to the touch.
    Cool on wire rack then store in upright tin or container in fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

lil kc wrote: »
    Give me strength, my sister is making brownies, the night before weigh in! :confused:
    get out of the kitchen, think of them as fat,fat that sticks to your butt and mine for ever, dont even taste them. go to bed even you will feel god in the morning cos you didnt eat any brownies,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

cats.life wrote: »
    get out of the kitchen, think of them as fat,fat that sticks to your butt and mine for ever, dont even taste them. go to bed even you will feel god in the morning cos you didnt eat any brownies,

I just went and brushed my teeth and am staying well clear of the kitchen but the smell is wafting through the house ha ha. I have been so good and I am not giving up tonight. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

marvilly wrote: »
    can anyone shed some light on a veg issue I ve discovered:mad:
    I was pointing my stir fries at 0 pp because the veg it contained were zero but when I pointed it on the calculator it gave me 10ppfor a 1kg bag which I d be very likely to eat half of and track it as no points!!!anyone know the reason??:confused::confused:

Hi Marvilly,
    I bought 2 bags of green isle veg a couple of weeks ago to make soup, when i pointed it with stock etc. it came to like 22PP :eek:!! Dint even touch it after that!!
    been in college all day.....i'm addicted to this board now....as if ye couldnt tell...i check boards...before i check facebook these days LMAO

I'm the exact same as you Lainy, on my lunch I actually forget to log into facebook cuz I'm on here for most of my lunch catching up on everyone's posts!!

I haven't been posting too much here lately but have been on a lot! I have had a good week but just feel heavy!!! TOTM and usually I'm not thrown too much with that but am feeling so sluggish today and have only had 29 of my 36PP! WI tomorrow and really hoping for a loss, have only had loss in first week - my own fault the last 2 weeks - but really wna do well tomorrow night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

just a general food cooking/reheating question....

just wondering if i cooked a pizza tonight....do they reheat well? or do they turn to total ****e.

It be pretty hand. to just wack it in the microwave in the canteen to reheat it. and have a instand point friendly guilt free worry free nice lunch at college.

I know some people that eat it cold, personally I couldn't but each to their own I guess. I'd imagine the base might go really hard if you reheated it, especially in a microwave.
    cats.life wrote: »
    where do ye gals and lads put the 7 sticker that we get for every half stone? i put my two on the back of my phone,every time i use it i can see them shining at me as if to say ''well done girl''. ive lost 16lbs since jan4th. as some one said that guilt is gone with this new programe cos we have more to eat, who would think this time last year that we could eat more on weight watcher,s.

I put my silver seven on the weight loss card. And I keep my stones (:D) in my purse, so everytime I buy something I see them and it helps me to make better food choices.
    fofany wrote: »
    Congratulations. Isn't it great when someone notices it on you?

It's always great to get compliments :D
    My self-confidence was a little bit low this week, coz a friend had posted pics from the weekend on facebook and I hate the way I look in them. It saddens me that I'm always going to look back on pictures of nights out and friends weddings and different things over the last couple of years and always regret the way I look. But maybe it'll be the motivation I need to keep the weight off this time.

Spent my lunch hour today, going back over this thread for the last few weeks and printed off all the recipes. Can't wait to try some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

On the veg issue...I think ww just state that the fruit and veg are 0 points based on the assumption that you should be having 5 portions a day (correct me If I am wrong). Just for curiosity I have googled the nutrional info of an average banana and pointed the info, a number of websites gave diff nutrional info but when you pointed them, it worked out at anything between 3 and 10!!!! Pro points per average banana. I'm sure it would be the same for most if not all fruit and veg so I recken you are safe to say that if the frozen veg contains veg that ww state are zero points they are zero points...

Had my weigh in this evening as predicted I was up a half a pound, so really motivated to get back on track this week and with any luck hit my first stone next week!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

eok56 wrote: »
    On the veg issue...I think ww just state that the fruit and veg are 0 points based on the assumption that you should be having 5 portions a day (correct me If I am wrong). Just for curiosity I have googled the nutrional info of an average banana and pointed the info, a number of websites gave diff nutrional info but when you pointed them, it worked out at anything between 3 and 10!!!! Pro points per average banana. I'm sure it would be the same for most if not all fruit and veg so I recken you are safe to say that if the frozen veg contains veg that ww state are zero points they are zero points...

Had my weigh in this evening as predicted I was up a half a pound, so really motivated to get back on track this week and with any luck hit my first stone next week!! :)

The leader in my class keeps warning us not to over do it on banana's. I think they are high in potassium or something.

They're must be something else in the green isle ones, like a preservative or something that gives them a points value. Must check my own frozen veg :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

An average apple is pointed at 1 pp, 100g of grapes at 2 pp, kiwi 1, and the so on for most fruit and veg haven't found one yet that came in as 0 on the calculator so I think you just meant to go by ww in what is zero points, and even at that in moderation. If there is nothing else added to the frozen veg it should be zero I recken!!
    Bananas def the worst but my favourite :) and even more so at 0 points!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nerdygirl

eok56 wrote: »
    An average apple is pointed at 1 pp, 100g of grapes at 2 pp, kiwi 1, and the so on for most fruit and veg haven't found one yet that came in as 0 on the calculator so I think you just meant to go by ww in what is zero points, and even at that in moderation. If there is nothing else added to the frozen veg it should be zero I recken!!
    Bananas def the worst but my favourite :) and even more so at 0 points!! :)

Yeah, I reckon you are right.
    Any labelled product including veg will have a combination of the protein/carb/fat/fibre on the back so if calculated will work out as points but if the bag only have veg then it's still zero.

Well done on all the great losses - really motivating

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I remember a few years ago my leader telling us that some frozen veg has been blanched in oil before it is frozen. Put me right off buying frozen veg - I only use fresh now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Bit of a crappy week! Joys of TOTM.

You are all doing so great!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

I asked yesterday but my post seems to have gone un answered ....:(

Has anyone tried the selection boxes yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CFitz1810

Hi everyone, I love this thread, I get great information. I got a pack of plain walnuts last night (100g) and ate them in the car on the way home. It's not a good habit but I was starving and I thought since they were nuts that they shouldn't be too bad. I pointed the pack with the calculator when I got home, I was shocked 33 pp. I thought nuts were supposed to be good. I'll stay away from them in the future and grab a pack of velvet crisp instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CFitz1810

I actually think that with pp you lose a point for every seven lbs you go down. i got a sliver seven there last week but stayed in the same stone bracket and went from 32 pp per day to 31. with the old plan you would only drop a point when you dropped into the next stone bracket

I think 29 pp is the lowest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement