Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I actually think that with pp you lose a point for every seven lbs you go down. i got a sliver seven there last week but stayed in the same stone bracket and went from 32 pp per day to 31. with the old plan you would only drop a point when you dropped into the next stone bracket

I've lost 12lbs since first WI in january and I've lost 2 pp. I was 13st 12.5lbs my first WI and i was told I was 31 - I noticed 2 weeks later after losing 8lbs that the machine said 30 - my leader did not tell me I just saw it on the screen. And then I noticed last night, I'm now 13 st 0.5lbs that the screen now says 29pp.

The leaders don't seem to get a warning on their screen when you go down a pp like they would when you are owed a silver 7 or stone, which I think is a little silly. I know most people don't look at the screen that closely and if you don't have the calculator you may never know when you go down. So have a look at the screen on your next WI if you don't have the calculator - it says it in the bottom left corner.

At least now I know 29 is the lowest I can go so I don't have to worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I've gone down one daily propoint since Jan. Not sure why.
    Was listening to her explain the plan to new members last night and she said you drop dailies when u go into a new stone bracket or have a birthday. But I had neither when I dropped.
    Must check the screen again nxt wk.

The little screen is so tiny, and you only have a few seconds to see it, I find it hard to take in all the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

EveT wrote: »
    hi there,

so im 2 weeks in, have lost 4.5 pounds, I want to buy the eating out book, I have been going to the 12.45 class on wednesdays on abbey st and the girl didnt have it last week or this week, last week she said shed have it this week.

Has anyone else had this problem? or any advice where to get it?

Thanks

Hi Eve,

I got the eating out guide and to be honest, I wouldn't bother with it. Unless you are going to eat Burger King or McDonalds, it's not much good. Most of the restaurants in it are English, they've taken out a lot of the generic sections which were really good in the old guide. Sorry I bought it now, as it has not really helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Sooo proud of myself!

Our manager's neighbour works for Cuisine De France and he brought in a box of chocolate covered donuts and pre-packaged muffins.

I was going to have the blueberry muffin so I could point it.

10PP, I nearly died and put it straight back, sooooo not worth it.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 anneo

jakeypooh wrote: »
    I asked yesterday but my post seems to have gone un answered ....:(

Has anyone tried the selection boxes yet???

Havent tried them sorry, but i read all thats in them on the uk WW site, didnt think I would like them.......... but must say i luvvvvv the rich toffee bars at only 2pp each, they are really yummy. :D

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    I've gone down one daily propoint since Jan. Not sure why.
    Was listening to her explain the plan to new members last night and she said you drop dailies when u go into a new stone bracket or have a birthday. But I had neither when I dropped.
    Must check the screen again nxt wk.

The little screen is so tiny, and you only have a few seconds to see it, I find it hard to take in all the information.

I know the screen is so small - I keep trying to look at my actual weight now, what ive lost, and my propoints! So difficult!

I know the screen is so small - I keep trying to look at my actual weight now, what ive lost, and my propoints! So difficult!

And use forgotten most of the information by the time I sit down!ha!

Suppose, we'd be giving out if the screen was bigger and other people cld see the info on it.

The meetings seem to have calmed down tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 truegas

hi all every one doing great im starting ww 2nite havet been there since last summer i hate going but the first nite the wrost i no the leader so well n fact many years a go we both reach goal 2gether im bout 16 8 i have 5 stone 2 loose hope i can do it this time i love clothles i shop n moonsoon next wallias would love 2 be able 2 buy n a wear oassis dunnes fingers x i do it this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

izzy24 wrote: »
    a twirl is 6pp
    old reliable curly wurly 3pp:D

Kinder Bueno is only 3pp for the two fingers - yumm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Seem to be getting into the swing of it, having more good days than bad, so slowly but surely getting somewhere.

Lost 2.5 pounds this week after a STS last week.

So delighted with myself I left without my little tracker book and left my scarf behind too!!!! I'll just use a notebook to track.

Its after really encouraging me to track everything!!!!!!

• Advertisement

truegas wrote: »
    hi all every one doing great im starting ww 2nite havet been there since last summer i hate going but the first nite the wrost i no the leader so well n fact many years a go we both reach goal 2gether im bout 16 8 i have 5 stone 2 loose hope i can do it this time i love clothles i shop n moonsoon next wallias would love 2 be able 2 buy n a wear oassis dunnes fingers x i do it this time :)

Welcome back :) Your dead right. The first meeting is always the worst, but just think you're never going to see that number ever again :)

I bought a dress in Awear at Christmas time and it was such a good feeling. Was dreading driving to the nearest monsoon shop to buy an overpriced dress., that I would only wear once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

so happy! just been doing a bit of shopping on my lunch break! went to New Look. I used to have to go to evans for my jeans! over priced gawk! like 40 odd euro for a plain day time pair of jeans....

well went to new look....tried on a pair of jeans.....They fit! WOOOOOO and they were 15 euro......and throw in my student discount.....JEANS FOR 11 EURO! WOOOOOOO!

thats more motivation to lose weight.....clothes get cheaper! Fat clothes are so totally over priced! they totally take advantage of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Seem to be getting into the swing of it, having more good days than bad, so slowly but surely getting somewhere.

Lost 2.5 pounds this week after a STS last week.

So delighted with myself I left without my little tracker book and left my scarf behind too!!!! I'll just use a notebook to track.

Its after really encouraging me to track everything!!!!!!

Tracking totally works! its like magic or something! I just get lazy sometimes about tracking...but this week has shown me....mother of god it is so worth it! I know i'm doing well this week....and my mood is totally on a high cos i know i'm doing well....and i'm sleeping at night too! cos sometimes when i go to bed i'm there on my phone using the calculator working out how many lbs i need to lose before such a such event..

I'm nearly back to my pre-college weight back in august!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    so happy! just been doing a bit of shopping on my lunch break! went to New Look. I used to have to go to evans for my jeans! over priced gawk! like 40 odd euro for a plain day time pair of jeans....

well went to new look....tried on a pair of jeans.....They fit! WOOOOOO and they were 15 euro......and throw in my student discount.....JEANS FOR 11 EURO! WOOOOOOO!

thats more motivation to lose weight.....clothes get cheaper! Fat clothes are so totally over priced! they totally take advantage of us!

I love that feeling, when you find something in a shop you never used to be able to shop in!

I just cant wait until I can fit back into all my old size 12 clothes that are taking up so much space in my closet. I refuse to get rid of any of it, and am buying minimal replacements.

On sunday I tried on a pair of jeans that havent fit me properly since June last year (i could close them but god they looked awful) and they fit. Now I have 2 pairs of jeans to choose between

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

bubbaloo wrote: »

Thanks for the info on the buenos, i would have never thought they would be so low because of all the lovely nuttieness yum yum a treat well worth having I am loving this new programme as I have lost a stone since January....

I just pointed them from nutritional info I found online and I got 7pp for the 2 fingers, and 3 for 1 finger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Oh wow, is that for the standard size?

Sorry Penguin,I'm only seeing your reply there, got a little excited there and was running to nearest shop to buy one. Lol. I'd imagine your right, cos most bars are from 6 to 12. And they are pretty creamy! I'm hoping your wrong lol

I just pointed them from nutritional info I found online and I got 7pp for the 2 fingers, and 3 for 1 finger

The nutritional info is for 100g - the two fingers are only 43g !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Yikes
    Went to BK for lunch, planned on having the fail safe piri piri chicken but it is no more :(
    Ended up trying to choose wisely, so got a chicken royale. But it was covered in batter and had lotsa mayo. Got the nv's from the burger King site, could anyone either check the eating out guide, or their calculator for me, cos I'll need to pick up something really low points for tea now to ensure damamge limitation.... Thanks :)
    Protein 25
    Carbs 51
    Tot fat 32
    Fibre 3
    I know its not gonna be good :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Yikes
    Went to BK for lunch, planned on having the fail safe piri piri chicken but it is no more :(
    Ended up trying to choose wisely, so got a chicken royale. But it was covered in batter and had lotsa mayo. Got the nv's from the burger King site, could anyone either check the eating out guide, or their calculator for me, cos I'll need to pick up something really low points for tea now to ensure damamge limitation.... Thanks :)
    Protein 25
    Carbs 51
    Tot fat 32
    Fibre 3

Calculated it at 16pp which isn't too bad considering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 nerdygirl

Yikes
    Protein 25
    Carbs 51
    Tot fat 32
    Fibre 3

That seems to work out at 16 pro points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Thanks for the speedy replies :) It wouldn't be too bad except I had regular fries too, which are comin up on the uk ww site at 10 pp :eek:
    That'll teach me to go for fast food :p Thanks again !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi

I put the followin into my soup............................

carrots
    turnip
    parnsip
    onion
    leek
    celery
    pepper and salt

I boil them all up with a vegetable knorr gel stock pot and blend it.
    Just wondering how everyone else make the soup???

thanks a mil
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Is it a free points soup you're looking for? Just remember that parsnips are not zero point veg so be sure to factor it in.

To answer your Q though it depends on the soup sometimes I roast veg first then add that to stock simmer for 20 mins & blend.

I also tend to add lots of fresh herbs, Ginger, garlic, some nigella seeds salt & pepper & a bit of spice depending on the soup. For stock I do use the gel pots usually 2 but the volume of soup I get out is 10-12 bowls so I point at zero I never add veg with points or any dairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

I dont get to post very often on here due to work! Down 1lb this week, going in the correct direction!

The nutritional info is for 100g - the two fingers are only 43g !! :D

Was delighted at the idea of Kinder Bueno, but I dont think its to be! I just checked and for 43 grams its 4.2 protein, 20g carbs, 16.2 fat and 0g fibre = 7pp im afraid! :(

tartlet wrote: »
    I dont get to post very often on here due to work! Down 1lb this week, going in the correct direction!

Was delighted at the idea of Kinder Bueno, but I dont think its to be! I just checked and for 43 grams its 4.2 protein, 20g carbs, 16.2 fat and 0g fibre = 7pp im afraid! :(

Well done on your loss!
    Now, sorry to be obsessive and I hope you don't think I'm too insistent but I just want the Bueno 3pp thing to be true........ :p

I pointed it from the back of the wrapper the other night and it worked out at 3pp.
    I just pointed it from the NI on tesco.ie, and it's 2.1 protein, 10g carbs, 8.1 fat and 0g fibre - 3pp!
    Please please let it be 3pp!

Can anyone say for definite? Anybody out there work for Kinder ! Ha ha ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

HI Kay

Thanks so much for that, how idi I miss parnsips were not zero points :(

I never realised, yes it is a zero soup I was hoping for,

I have to be honest, I am not the best cook in the worls and I am a veggie so am finding it difficult to put some varierty in my diet.

i will now leave out the parnsips.....................:rolleyes:

thanks

M

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

Well done on your loss!
    Now, sorry to be obsessive and I hope you don't think I'm too insistent but I just want the Bueno 3pp thing to be true........ :p

I pointed it from the back of the wrapper the other night and it worked out at 3pp.
    I just pointed it from the NI on tesco.ie, and it's 2.1 protein, 10g carbs, 8.1 fat and 0g fibre - 3pp!
    Please please let it be 3pp!

Would only love if they were 3pps! When im doing my shopping this evening I will have a look. I just took the nv's from a different website....you could be right;)

Anyways, after my meeting last night, for this week Im going to try my best to cut out treats of choc & crisps. Even though my weight is going down, I dont think its good for me to be eating these every day.

Are all of the meetings ye go to still busy? Im the clerk at ours and im still putting through 50-60 people for the class. Leader is very good though, makes time for everyone and their questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

well, i was just wandering around the WW uk website and i found this article that sure you'll find usefull.
    It gives plenty of tips for cooking that i would have never thought of myself.. like

- Purée silken tofu and use it as a cream substitute in soups and a creamy sauce base for pasta dishes, as well as in salad dressings

- use plain yogurt also instead of cream for soups, dips and sauces..
    and for the ones that were looking for baking recipies:

-Swap apple sauce for up to 1/3 of the total butter or oil in a biscuit or cake recipe (light-coloured batters) or substitute the same amount of puréed prunes if you're making a chocolaty dessert. Puréed pumpkin and sweet potato are also good substitutes. Just experiment!

There's plenty more like this, i think it's worth a look for all of us kinda new to the -healthy- cooking!!

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=45261#Story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

molly09 wrote: »
    HI Kay

Thanks so much for that, how idi I miss parnsips were not zero points :(

I never realised, yes it is a zero soup I was hoping for,

I have to be honest, I am not the best cook in the worls and I am a veggie so am finding it difficult to put some varierty in my diet.

i will now leave out the parnsips.....................:rolleyes:

thanks

M

No probs Molly I was a veggie for 15 years so I know how it goes! I started back eating fish about 4 years ago & have been eating meat again the last 2 years so If you want to I'll pm you some zero point veggie soup recipes they're quite easy & not all take alot of cooking time.

I LOVE parsnips & I was a bit sad they weren't zero but I guess it's all the natural sugar in them :(

I'm at work ATM & typing on my phone but I'll mail you the soup recipes later on if you want or I can post up here for others if they want them:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement