Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

kay that would be excellent, and am sure everyone would benefit from them,

thanks so much

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 magsybagsy1

OMG Nerdygirl I love BK Chicken Royale but yes it is full of the fattyness. Anywho anyone got any WW recipes, spotted some on my other fav forum here http://www.eumom.ie/forums.aspx?g=posts&m=1082345&#post1082345 anyone have any desserts or treats in particular??? I would love to make some romantic yumminess for Valentines without the guilt! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Kay_80 wrote: »
    No probs Molly I was a veggie for 15 years so I know how it goes! I started back eating fish about 4 years ago & have been eating meat again the last 2 years so If you want to I'll pm you some zero point veggie soup recipes they're quite easy & not all take alot of cooking time.

I LOVE parsnips & I was a bit sad they weren't zero but I guess it's all the natural sugar in them :(

I'm at work ATM & typing on my phone but I'll mail you the soup recipes later on if you want or I can post up here for others if they want them:)

Does anyone know why fruit has become free on the new program but pointed veg still has points? I've been trying to figure it out. I can understand avacado because it has so much fat - but thinks like corn and peas, surely they are about the same as fruit??

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

tartlet wrote: »
    Would only love if they were 3pps! When im doing my shopping this evening I will have a look. I just took the nv's from a different website....you could be right;)

Anyways, after my meeting last night, for this week Im going to try my best to cut out treats of choc & crisps. Even though my weight is going down, I dont think its good for me to be eating these every day.

Are all of the meetings ye go to still busy? Im the clerk at ours and im still putting through 50-60 people for the class. Leader is very good though, makes time for everyone and their questions.

We were just saying at our meeting this week that it has gotten much quieter in the past two weeks. There were queues out the door for the month of January but I would say there are about 20-30 in our class now. As a member I prefer that but I'm sure if I was a leader/clerk, I'd want the queues! :p
    Happy shopping and don't forget to update with the Bueno points! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

Does anyone know why fruit has become free on the new program but pointed veg still has points? I've been trying to figure it out. I can understand avacado because it has so much fat - but thinks like corn and peas, surely they are about the same as fruit??

I think the reason that corn, peas, parsnip are pointed is to do with the amount of starch in them compared to other veg/fruit. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hi all,

Just wondering how much pp a portion of pasta is cooked? I feel like a creamy pasta for dinner last night so I'm trying to make a low fat one. I am going to use Aldi bacon bits(2pp I think), and 0% creme fraiche and loads of veg. No idea what pasta is though, left my book at work:(
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Hi all,

Just wondering how much pp a portion of pasta is cooked? I feel like a creamy pasta for dinner last night so I'm trying to make a low fat one. I am going to use Aldi bacon bits(2pp I think), and 0% creme fraiche and loads of veg. No idea what pasta is though, left my book at work:(
    Thanks

white pasta is 1pp per 10g (dried weight)
    are you using the bacon bits or bacon cubes?

the bacon CUBES are 2pp per packet

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    white pasta is 1pp per 10g (dried weight)
    are you using the bacon bits or bacon cubes?

the bacon CUBES are 2pp per packet

Bacon cubes, Thanks I just checked. Any idea where I would find a good ww pasta recipe? I'm a crap cook!
    Thanks again Lady Lainy

Bacon cubes, Thanks I just checked. Any idea where I would find a good ww pasta recipe? I'm a crap cook!
    Thanks again Lady Lainy

google low fat pasta recipes....but you'll have to point ingredients your self to get the points. and just swop and substitute ingredients for lower point stuff..

Spaghetti Carbonara
    ProPoints® Value: 13
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This classic Italian recipe is so easy to make - just follow these simple instructions for a favourite pasta dish.

Ingredients

300 g Pasta, White, Dried
    1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    4 rasher(s) (medium) Bacon, Back, Raw, snipped into pieces
    1 medium Spring Onions, trimmed and finely chopped
    1 clove(s) Garlic, peeled and sliced in half
    250 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat, with herbs
    1 medium Egg, Whole
    150 ml Milk, Skimmed
    30 g Cheese, Parmesan
    2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh
    1 teaspoons Salt, and
    1 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)

Instructions
    Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti or linguine and cook for about 8 minutes, until just tender, or follow pack instructions.

Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and mist it with low fat cooking spray. Add the bacon and spring onions and sauté them with the garlic clove for about 5 minutes, until softened. Discard the garlic clove - it has just been used to give flavour to the finished dish.

Beat the soft cheese and egg together in a mixing bowl, then add the bacon and spring onions, stirring until combined. Add the milk, half the Parmesan cheese and the parsley. Season.

Drain the pasta, then return it to the saucepan with the liquid. Stir in the egg mixture and heat gently for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring, until the mixture has cooked and thickened.

Serve the spaghetti, sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan cheese.

Pasta with Chicken, Peppers and Mushrooms

ProPoints® Value: 9
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 30 min

Prepare everything for this easy pasta dish ahead of time, then just sling it together moments before serving.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons (level) Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
    2 teaspoons (as purchased) Mixed Herbs, Dried, italian
    2 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper
    450 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw
    3 medium Pepper, All Types, halved and deseeded
    1/2 serving(s) (1/4 pint) Milk, Skimmed
    225 g Mushrooms, sliced
    350 g Pasta, White, Dried
    2 tablespoons (level) Cornflour, blended with a little water
    1 teaspoons (chopped) Oregano, fresh, sprigs, to garnish
    2 tablespoons Cheese, Parmesan, finely grated, to serve

Instructions
    Sprinkle the flour, dried herbs and seasoning onto a large plate. Coat the chicken breasts in this mixture. Grill under a medium heat for about 8 minutes on each side, until cooked. Cool for a few minutes, then tear into strips.

Grill the pepper halves, skin side up, until beginning to blacken and char. Let the peppers cool, then peel them and slice into strips.

Put the milk into a saucepan and add the mushrooms. Heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes, until just tender.

Just before the pasta is ready, add the blended cornflour to the mushroom mixture and heat until thickened. Cook gently for 2 minutes. Season.

Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan. Add the chicken, peppers and mushroom sauce. Stir well and heat thoroughly for 2 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with oregano and Parmesan cheese.

I got these from the Uk ww site, cos im joined online as i cant make the meetings

Thank a million Lady Lainy, Really appreciate it. I'm going to try to first one now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

Hi all, have lost 12lbs in 4 weeks now I'm really thrilled. Have a long way to go but am happy with the start I made so far.
    This thread is great love reading it, it definitely helps me during my weaker moments!

Thank a million Lady Lainy, Really appreciate it. I'm going to try to first one now. :)

The Dolmio stir ins are hand too when you dont have time to cook...The Dolmio Carbonara Stir in is only 5pp for the whole tub of 150g.

sparkydee wrote: »
    Hi all, have lost 12lbs in 4 weeks now I'm really thrilled. Have a long way to go but am happy with the start I made so far.
    This thread is great love reading it, it definitely helps me during my weaker moments!

Thats amazing! Well done! True proof that the new programme works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

jakeypooh wrote: »
    I asked yesterday but my post seems to have gone un answered ....:(

Has anyone tried the selection boxes yet???

Hi, I havent actually spotted these yet, what exactly is in them? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

bubbaloo wrote: »
    We were just saying at our meeting this week that it has gotten much quieter in the past two weeks. There were queues out the door for the month of January but I would say there are about 20-30 in our class now. As a member I prefer that but I'm sure if I was a leader/clerk, I'd want the queues! :p
    Happy shopping and don't forget to update with the Bueno points! Thanks.

Mine hasn't died down at all. Last night I was shocked when I walked in to find the queue out the door. It's 19.10 by the time she finished weighing everyone and she tries to finish by half because people want to leave by then. I'm thinking if going to the earlier class because I feel like I don't get to talk to the leader as much as I'd like to anymore. Don't mean that in a selfish way :o but last night I didn't even get to tell her my success dress shopping and I know she'd have been happy for me.
    Well done on your loss!
    Now, sorry to be obsessive and I hope you don't think I'm too insistent but I just want the Bueno 3pp thing to be true........ :p

I pointed it from the back of the wrapper the other night and it worked out at 3pp.
    I just pointed it from the NI on tesco.ie, and it's 2.1 protein, 10g carbs, 8.1 fat and 0g fibre - 3pp!
    Please please let it be 3pp!

Can anyone say for definite? Anybody out there work for Kinder ! Ha ha ! :D

Sorry I calculated them as 7pp but I'm open to correction. Did you use the 100g information from the four pack on the Tesco website? I don't think that's right tbh. I've used NI from a number of different websites and they all come up as 7pp.

Eabha x

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Well Done to everyone on their losses!! Keep up the great work!

I usually go walking with a friend of mine but since I have come back from hols she dont go!! So I am at a loss now with my walking as I can only do few mins anyway due to a serious back complaint (doctors orders on the walking limitation). I would go on my own but I get lazy if noone to kick me up the ass! Raging

Anyway for dinner tonight I am doing:
    Grilled Turkey fillet, skinless and boneless
    Brocolli & WW mash potato with spring onion
    Rice
    Mushroom sauce!

I am trying to be good foodwise without the walking. Wish me luck lol

Minx23 wrote: »
    Hi, I havent actually spotted these yet, what exactly is in them? :)

I think they were brought out for christmas (cos pro points launched in england last october, so they would have had chrsitmas stock)

as far as i know the general rule is....dublin gets the left over stock from UK.....and the rest of ireland get the left over stock from dublin :P Thats what my leader told me when i was attending meetings cos cork never had any stock!

OMG Nerdygirl I love BK Chicken Royale but yes it is full of the fattyness. Anywho anyone got any WW recipes, spotted some on my other fav forum here http://www.eumom.ie/forums.aspx?g=posts&m=1082345&#post1082345 anyone have any desserts or treats in particular??? I would love to make some romantic yumminess for Valentines without the guilt! :P

if you scroll back a few pages i posted a bunch of valentines treats/cookies/cakes that i found on the uk site....not sure where exactly they're gone.

Chocolate-Raspberry Heart Cake

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 10
    Preparation Time: 25 min
    Cooking Time: 35 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

This really rich, moist chocolate cake has a great taste of sweet raspberries . Make it in a round tin if you can’t find a heart shaped one

Ingredients
    250g Devil's Food Cake Mix - unprepared
    125 ml Water, (4floz)
    2 individual Egg White, or 1 sachet egg white powder
    160 g Jam, raspberry, approx 8 tbsp, seedless and reduced sugar
    100 g Chocolate, Plain, 70% dark chocolate
    50 g Raspberries, (1¾ oz) fresh

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180ºC / 160ºC fan / 350ºF. Line a 20cm/8in heart shaped tin or a 20cm/8in round cake tin with baking parchment.

In a large bowl mix the cake mix, water, egg whites (or egg white powder) and 2 tbsp of the jam with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until smooth. If you are using seeded jam the seeds will still be visible. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer inserted in middles comes out clean. Invert onto a wire rack, removing any parchment and cool completely.

Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double pan or a heatproof basin over a pan of simmering water; allow to cool for 1 min, then stir in remaining jam. Spread the frosting over the cake and outline the perimeter with raspberries. (Note: If chocolate mixture stiffens while frosting cake, microwave for 30 seconds to soften.)

This cake is very rich so would easily double as a dessert for a dinner party. Powdered egg whites are a great store cupboard product and you don’t waste the yolks. We used egg white powder in this recipe for ease, but 2 fresh egg whites could be substituted instead, remembering to reduce the water slightly to compensate.

Here we go! :D

ProPoints® Value: 2
    Servings: 24
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 10 min

These little cookies can be cut into whatever shape you choose - try hearts for Valentine's Day.

Ingredients
    125 g Spread, Low Fat
    125 g Sugar, Light Brown
    1 medium Egg, Whole
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
    1 zest(s) of 1 Orange
    2 tablespoons Orange Juice, Unsweetened
    1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
    250 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain

Instructions
    Mix the first seven ingredients together and beat with an electric whisk or hand whisk until fluffy.

Stir in the flour until well mixed and then chill the mixture for up to 2 hours, until firm. (Sometimes this isn't necessary, it just depends on the temperature of the margarine and whether the dough is too soft and sticky to roll out).

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200ºC/400ºF and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.

Roll or pat out the dough on to a floured surface and then cut into shapes and transfer to the baking tray with a palette knife.

Bake for 6 to 10 mins, until golden around the edges and then cool on a rack before decorating.

Notes
    Dust them with icing sugar to decorate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Eighty

I'm just curious, does anyone know the pro points value for a big bag of manhatten popcorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi all,

Just back from WI and was down 5lb....was delighted! I have pointed everything this week, but I still had 2 take aways - one out of my weeklies and one during the week out of my dailies cuz I hadn't eaten all day and it was TOTM!!! Am like the cheshire cat here at the minute, can't get the grin off my face!

Just had a yummy apache pizza (I know it's ridiculous points) but got my "bad" night out of the way and will start fresh in the morning now!! Going down to Wexford to the Hotel we're getting married in on Saturday so will prob end up getting some lunch down there but think it'll just be a toasted sambo that I can point myself and maybe some soup!!

I am now down 8.5lb in 4 weeks....and that was with my 2 weeks gains of 1.5lb & 2lb so have still averaged my 2lb a week, so am delighted with myself here!! My FBIL is giving me a lend of his treadmill for a couple of months and am gonna really get the exercise in this week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi all,

Just back from WI and was down 5lb....was delighted! I have pointed everything this week, but I still had 2 take aways - one out of my weeklies and one during the week out of my dailies cuz I hadn't eaten all day and it was TOTM!!! Am like the cheshire cat here at the minute, can't get the grin off my face!

Just had a yummy apache pizza (I know it's ridiculous points) but got my "bad" night out of the way and will start fresh in the morning now!! Going down to Wexford to the Hotel we're getting married in on Saturday so will prob end up getting some lunch down there but think it'll just be a toasted sambo that I can point myself and maybe some soup!!

I am now down 8.5lb in 4 weeks....and that was with my 2 weeks gains of 1.5lb & 2lb so have still averaged my 2lb a week, so am delighted with myself here!! My FBIL is giving me a lend of his treadmill for a couple of months and am gonna really get the exercise in this week!!!

Well done everyone else on losses and good luck to everyone who has WI tomorrow / over the weekend!! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

What with the confusion over the pps for a Kinder Bueno I decided to point some of the main chocolate bars for any chocoholics :D

Cadburys: (All standard sizes)
    Dairy Milk Chocolate Buttons - 5pp
    Milk Chocolate Freddo Bars - 3pp
    Curly Wurly - 3pp
    Creme Egg - 5pp
    Wispa - 6pp
    Flake - 5pp
    Twirl - 6pp
    Time Out - 5pp
    Chomp - 3pp
    Tasters - 7pp
    Snack Shortcake - 6pp
    Snack Sandwich - 4pp
    Snack Wafer - 5pp

Malteaser Bunny - 4pp
    Malteasers - 5pp
    Mars Bar - 7pp
    Twix - 8pp

Galaxy - 7pp
    Galaxy Caramel - 6pp
    Galaxy Bubbles - 5pp
    Minstrels - 6pp

Flyte Bar - 5pp

Aero - 7pp
    Aero Bubbles - 5pp
    Mint Aero - 7pp
    Mint Aero Bubbes - 5pp

Kit Kat 4 fingers - 6pp
    Kit Kat 2 fingers - 3pp
    Kit Kat Chunky - 7pp

Animal Bar - 3pp
    Milky Way Bar - 3pp
    Milky Way Crisp Rolls - 4pp
    Nestle Milky Way White Buttons - 5pp
    Nestle Milky Way White Chocolate Bar - 4pp
    Smarties - 5pp
    Yorkie - 10pp
    Munchies - 7pp

Hi all,

Thats fantastic! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Kinder Bueno is only 3pp for the two fingers - yumm! :D
    no way thats brilliant i love them ha ha thanks so much for letting me no...:D... having a good day today made a yummy chicken pie at 9pp for dinner:p...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

evening all,
    I was down 3lbs on wed, totally chuffed! think its the exercise that kicks in the losses for me, having said that I'm stuck to the couch tonight!
    I'm gutted over the whole pp in frozen veg thing, I've been using the asian stir fry tesco one for 2 weeks now thinking I'm great and eating loads of it!! I'll defo bring inthe packed to see what my leader says, also I make some soup with the Lidl organic broccoli mix, so easy when you just throw it in a pot with stock and blend it..hope its still 0 I eat buckets of it!!:eek:
    Think Ill try the carbonara tonight thanks for the recipe!
    keep up the good work everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Was too lazy to cook tonight and so just had the WW ready made lasagne (chilled not frozen) and I am feeling so unsatisfied. I put an extra bit of cheese on top and that used up all my dailies! Think I might dip into my weeklies for a ww caramel wafer bar.

The ready meals are handy but they really just are never as satisfying as cooking yourself. I know this and yet I always have a stock of ready meals in the freezer just in case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hey all, Everyone is doing great!
    I'm struggling to find that kick I need.
    Exercised today for first time in ages so hopefully it's starting.
    I'm down 4lbs in 4 weeks bit that includes a plus one of the weeks as I just could not be good in dreary January.
    Hopefully now Spring's in my step it'll be onwards and downwards.

Loving Dunnes own brand light chocolate mousse for onloy 2pp. Tesco do a light choice one also for 2pp. (Both are under €1 for 6 pots):)

• Advertisement

izzy24 wrote: »
    no way thats brilliant i love them ha ha thanks so much for letting me no...:D... having a good day today made a yummy chicken pie at 9pp for dinner:p...

oooh i'd love the recipe you used. I'm looking for really hearty filling warm ya yup kinda dinners at the moment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement