Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

had such a blast today.....forgot to have lunch! :P

ww pizza in the oven (13 pp) so i have 27 daily points for the night!

Have a great weeekend all...lets hope i'm not confessing to burgers and curry chips later! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Lady Lainy, fair play to you. You deserve it! your a god send for this thread! Enjoy ur night tonight!!

I made spag bol last night withQuorn Mince and wholewheat spag... I loved it and was even more surprised to find himself enjoyed it too!!

Hopefully my week away and my weigh in on Tue morn will show something good, although dreading the WI as been away... Just hope I wont be dis-heartend!

Fair play to everyone on their losses, keep up the good work :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Not going out now coz OH is bot feeling well. Really disappointed coz I'd been saving my points today and now I'm starving and have nothing defrosted.

Ah I suppose it's for the better, wld only have gone out, ate all around me tonight and regretted it when I got on the scales nxt wk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

What are the lowest pro pointed beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

newbee22 wrote: »
    Treated myself to some new clothes to celebrate being down 1 stone, think I'll treat myself to some new shoes when I reach 1 stone and a half-at least shoes won't become too big!:D
    congrats newbee on ur one stone down... its great going shopping for new clothes after looseing weight:D... this is only my second ww week and was down 9 pounds the first week so another stone and five pounds and i will treat myself to new clothes...

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Down 6.2lbs

I tracked 100% all week....even dug into my weeklies here and there :D Delighted!.....OVER THE FECKING MOOON!

I'm down 10.8lbs since Jan 1st! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Only 5lbs to go till I'm back at where I was back in August before i started College!

Off out tonight for staff party! Going to stay on Bacardi Breezer Orange for the night they are 4pp per bottle.
    that is a brilliant weight loss well done to u...:D... ur doin brilliant... u will be back horse riding before u no it:D:D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Down 6.2lbs

I tracked 100% all week....even dug into my weeklies here and there :D Delighted!.....OVER THE FECKING MOOON!

I'm down 10.8lbs since Jan 1st! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Only 5lbs to go till I'm back at where I was back in August before i started College!

Off out tonight for staff party! Going to stay on Bacardi Breezer Orange for the night they are 4pp per bottle.

Well done Lady Lainy, thats a fantastic loss, Enjoy your night out

Tracking is the ultimate weight loss tool. Every bite I eat is written down even if it's high in pp i still write it down.

Well done to all on the weight loss, due to wi on tuesday evening. Lets hope the next few days of eating go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Congratulations to everyone who had a weight loss today & I hope anyone who is out tonight is having a great time. You deserve it, so enjoy.

I travelled to France today. Had my porridge this morning before we left, brought a healthy chicken salad for lunch on the plane & then went grocery shopping over here & made a lovely dinner of roast chicken, baby boiled potatoes & loads of veg. I think the veg tastes so much nicer here! I even bought weightwatchers yogurts (everyone had chocolate mousse). Didn't pack my scales, so can't properly account for what I ate, but at least it was healthy. Kids were wrecked & the weather was very wet, so we didn't make it to Disney, but am now looking forward to opening one of those bottles of wine that made their way into the trolley in the supermarket! Bon soir everyone.

went to a nieces birthday party today and i didn get to eat anything before i went was really busy and running late... ate 4 mini pizzas, sandwhiches, some oven chips and had a piece of birthday cake then went to chipper on the way home and had a bag of chips and two mini spring rolls so im counting all my weeklys and my dailys(93 pp altogether)... im kinda pd off with myself i so hope i havt messed things up:(...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

izzy24 wrote: »
    went to a nieces birthday party today and i didn get to eat anything before i went was really busy and running late... ate 4 mini pizzas, sandwhiches, some oven chips and had a piece of birthday cake then went to chipper on the way home and had a bag of chips and two mini spring rolls so im counting all my weeklys and my dailys(93 pp altogether)... im kinda pd off with myself i so hope i havt messed things up:(...

It be ok, just be extra careful and good from tomorrow. We all have our days hun... dont be hard on urself..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Have been doing great all week until today.

Had a decent and healthy 11PP brunch today and then went shopping with the OH. We were STARVING half way through the day so he got McDonalds and I had a regular burger and a few of his chips.

By the time we were heading home it was late and didn't want to cook so we went to Zaytoon Kebab.

I got the kids meal which was a small chicken kebab, chips (not chipper size but not McDonalds size), salad and garlic sauce (on the side, I'd say I had about 3 tbsp).

Anyone know what damage I have done?

The McDonalds regular burger?
    The chicken, sauce and chips from Zaytoon?

Went for my 4k walk today (long walk for me) and tried to do a bit of jogging (prob the first time in over 10 years), went quite well but my feet were BURNING after so I thought ok, if I am going to get serious about this I need to get decent runners (was wearing skinny sketchers - girl in Lifestyle was like omg how were you exercising in them haha).

So tomorrow I am treating myself to a pair of nike jogging runners (they're gorgeous, grey and pink). They didn't have them in Nutgrove shopping centre in my size so going out to Tallaght tomorrow to get them. Cant wait to try them out!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Monife wrote: »

Went for my 4k walk today (long walk for me) and tried to do a bit of jogging (prob the first time in over 10 years), went quite well but my feet were BURNING after so I thought ok, if I am going to get serious about this I need to get decent runners

I know how you feel, I ran four miles today for the first time in a ages, thought I was going to die, I kept setting markers - "just as far as the next gate....the next tree..."

I've decided to start training for a 10K run on the May Bank Holiday weekend! Am determined to run it in under an hour :) I must get new runners too though - Heatons here I come :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Monife if your going to start jogging I recommend the couch to 5k programme its a 9 week programme that gets you running 5k by the end by building you up through set intervals theres a thread in athletics I cant recommend it enough im nearly finished week 6 and can run 25 mins straight wheyn I began 6 weeks ago I was actually throwing up doing 90 second intervals ive never been a sporty person but am starting to really love jogging/ running thanks to c25k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Probably no damage. It depends on whether you ate at a caloric deficit or surplus that day. Really, the actual food you ate doesn't matter with regard to weight loss. All that matters is calorie intake vs calorie expenditure. Chips won't make you automatically fat.

elsy wrote: »
    Monife if your going to start jogging I recommend the couch to 5k programme its a 9 week programme that gets you running 5k by the end by building you up through set intervals theres a thread in athletics I cant recommend it enough im nearly finished week 6 and can run 25 mins straight wheyn I began 6 weeks ago I was actually throwing up doing 90 second intervals ive never been a sporty person but am starting to really love jogging/ running thanks to c25k

Elsy, would this work for me though? I am 16 stone (was over 18 stone) and have never really done any proper exercise until I started my WW journey.

I started walking in November (2010) and started off with 20 min walks a few times a week and then increased it and so on. Now do about 2k most days during the week and on the weekend have just recently started doing (in the last couple of weeks) 4k on saturday and sunday.

I don't want to do myself an injury and then not be able to exercise at all. I can only jog for about a minute and then I am seriously out of breath and have to walk for a while.

Thanks for the advice, I am going to have a google about it.

Tremelo wrote: »
    Probably no damage. It depends on whether you ate at a caloric deficit or surplus that day. Really, the actual food you ate doesn't matter with regard to weight loss. All that matters is calorie intake vs calorie expenditure. Chips won't make you automatically fat.

Do you know on average how many calories you burn (without added exercise) just going about your normal day?

I had beans, 2 egg whites and 4 low fat medallions of bacon for brunch, do you think I stayed within my calories?

Im no skinny minny either starting I was 14st 8 never sporty like type of girl that got notes off her mam to get out of PE! It starts with just 1 min runs and if theres a week your finding hard just repeat it. It really does work cause I would die after a minute of running in the past and never in a million years thought id be able to run 25 mins straight. Theres a very good website coolrunnings.com

Do you know on average how many calories you burn (without added exercise) just going about your normal day?

I had beans, 2 egg whites and 4 low fat medallions of bacon for brunch, do you think I stayed within my calories?

It sounds like you ate far under your calorie requirements today, which isn't very good either I'm afraid.

Basically your body is a machine that needs fuel to operate. Even if you stayed in bed all day long on the flat of your back, your body requires a lot of calories to provide essential functions such as:
    • Heating your body (this takes a lot of energy)
    • Brain functions
    • Skin cell replenishment
    • Hair growth
    • Respiration
    • Heartbeat

The amount of calories this takes is called your 'basal metabolic rate' (BMR). Your BMR will depend on your weight, height, sex and age. You can calculate it here: http://www.sheerbalance.com/nutrition-section/nutrition-tools/nutrition-calculators/

Now, bear in mind that your BMR is what you burn per 24 hours even if you stayed in bed all day. But of course, you get up, you walk around, you open doors, you sit and watch TV. All these things use up additional energy.

So your total daily energy requirement (TDEE) equals: your BMR + this extra energy usage, which can be determined as follows:
    • Sedentary (Absolutely no, or very little exercise): TDEE = BMR x 1.2
    • Lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week): TDEE = BMR x 1.375
    • Moderately active (moderate exercise 3-5 days/week): TDEE = BMR x 1.55
    • Very active (hard exercise 6-7 days a week; semi-active job): TDEE = BMR x 1.725
    • Extra active (very hard exercise; active or physical job): TDEE = BMR x 1.9

You should NEVER eat below your BMR, because this is the figure required to simply keep you alive. If you eat above your TDEE, you will store fat.

So opt for the happy medium. If your TDEE is 2000 calories and your BMR is 1300, aim to eat 1500 calories of good nutritious food per day, which is a deficit of 500 per day or 3500 per week. One lb of bodyfat is equal to 3500 calories, so you will lose 1lb per week if you do this. If you eat 1500 cals per day AND do daily cardio, you can lose fat even faster.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

tartlet wrote: »
    Hope ye don’t think I’m being nosy (just interested!) - What made ye decide to start losing weight?

Me - well, I was at an ideal weight in 2007, and then my father fell ill and passed away 8 months after. Weight crept on slowly, I guess comfort eating while grieving (my theory anyway!), I knew the weight was going on but I think I had decided to ignore it/didn’t want to face up to it at the time…..

Lost 2 stone last year with WW and after a horrible gain over Christmas, back on track again.

Anyways, going on holidays in May, so have a goal for myself to have a stone or more lost by then (Currently 12st 3lb @ 5ft 4 :()

I'm a bit late replying to this,sorry! Also sorry to hear about your Dad.

In answer to your question, I've fought my weight since I was about 15,I'm 30 now. I always had about 2/3 stone to lose. I'd start diets, ww, cabbage soup etc, and would last a week max.

About a month ago I decided that this was the year I was going to shift my weight for once and for all, and if I didn't do it now, I never would. What has surprised me this time is that I am not doing this for anyone but me, and that I am prepared to take it slow, whereas before I wanted a quick fix.

I now realise that this is for life,not just a short term thing.
    I want to lose weight so I can pick clothes I like, not that flatter or cover my bits and I want to be confident in myself. My daughter is 10, and I want her to be proud of how her mam looks, and even in a few years want to wear my clothes! I want to see the surprised look in people that I haven't seen in a while!
    I want so much, and this time I know I will get there, and I can't wait!

Elsy, would this work for me though? I am 16 stone (was over 18 stone) and have never really done any proper exercise until I started my WW journey.

I started walking in November (2010) and started off with 20 min walks a few times a week and then increased it and so on. Now do about 2k most days during the week and on the weekend have just recently started doing (in the last couple of weeks) 4k on saturday and sunday.

I don't want to do myself an injury and then not be able to exercise at all. I can only jog for about a minute and then I am seriously out of breath and have to walk for a while.

Thanks for the advice, I am going to have a google about it.

Firstly, fair play on the lifestyle change. If you are very overweight, jogging might not be a good idea for you as you might injure yourself as you correctly pointed out, or even put bad strain on your heart. The good news is that walking is actually great cardio. If you burn off 300 calories from cardio, it actually doesn't matter whether you walked, jogged, swam, cycled or skipped to do it. All that matters is that your burned 300 calories. From what you've described, at this point walking is probably much better for you than jogging, simply because you can do it for longer and hence burn more calories and get fitter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

hehehehhehehehehheheheheh I wonder how many points are in apple sourz........HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! :P:P:P:P:P I so didnt stick to my drinking plan! had a few koppperbergs....which are like 8pp a pint! PURE SUGAR IN A GLASS! AH WELL....damage is done.....must drink gallons of water to flush it out....at least i didnt hit to the chipper....(or the bread bin and toaster)....time to play farmville on facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

tartlet wrote: »
    Hope ye don’t think I’m being nosy (just interested!) - What made ye decide to start losing weight?

I was always the chubby kid when I was small and then I started camogie when I was about 10 and the weight fell off - was small until I was about 16 / 17...I'm with my OH since 2001 when I was 15 and we got too settled too soon!! We'd get a chinese and a few drinks on a friday and saturday night and then some evenings a week grab chips or a mcdonalds!

I joined WW for the first time in Feb 2006 and lost 1.5 stone before I went on holiday in June and just never went back after that...Then me and OH moved in together that October and I fell pregnant with DD1 in January 2007 - lucky for me I lost about 3 stone while pregnant but piled it all back on and more in the year I was off after having her.

Fell pregnant again with DD2 in June 2009 and again lost about 3 stone and was down to about 14 stone but piled it all back on again. Joined WW in October 2010 at a start weight of 16st 7lb and lost 9lb but got fed up. Rejoined January 2011 at 16st 10lb and this time I just want to do it!! I'm getting married in June and would love to be at least 3 stone light - I'm already down 8.5lb so far so I know I can do it and I want to make my girls and OH proud of me....fed up crying every time we're going out cuz I can't find anything to wear!!
    Down 6.2lbs

Well done Lainy, so proud of you!!! Keep up the good work!!! ;)
    Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Heatons here I come :D

Hey Shoe lover, I bought a pair of Hitec runners in Sports World in Heatons the other day for €20...they're so light and comfy!!

I started my exercise on Friday. I did 2km walk on treadmill and it took me 30 mins....I was so proud of myself actually doing it, and I enjoyed it!! First thing after feeding the girls yesterday morning I hopped on and did 1km with the intention of doing another 1km last night, but I drove to Wexford and back yesterday and my back was in agony so didn't do it. Going to hop on now and do 1km and then another 2km throughout the day to make up for missing it yesterday!!

Def could have done with the 1km last night as we got our sample box of cakes for the wedding and it was so yum....We've actually decided to go for 4 tiers now I think as we can't decide which layer to leave out!! Sure I'll be a skinny minny by the wedding and if you can't let yourself go a little of your wedding day when can you hehe :)

Sorry for the long post....I really need to try get on here more often to catch up ;)

Im no skinny minny either starting I was 14st 8 never sporty like type of girl that got notes off her mam to get out of PE! It starts with just 1 min runs and if theres a week your finding hard just repeat it. It really does work cause I would die after a minute of running in the past and never in a million years thought id be able to run 25 mins straight. Theres a very good website coolrunnings.com

Hi Elsy, thanks for the suggestion of couch to 5k - I had heard about it but had completely forgotten about it...I'm going to get on the threadmill now and start training for it!!

Thanks again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Have been doing great all week until today.

Had a decent and healthy 11PP brunch today and then went shopping with the OH. We were STARVING half way through the day so he got McDonalds and I had a regular burger and a few of his chips.

By the time we were heading home it was late and didn't want to cook so we went to Zaytoon Kebab.

I got the kids meal which was a small chicken kebab, chips (not chipper size but not McDonalds size), salad and garlic sauce (on the side, I'd say I had about 3 tbsp).

Went for my 4k walk today (long walk for me) and tried to do a bit of jogging (prob the first time in over 10 years), went quite well but my feet were BURNING after so I thought ok, if I am going to get serious about this I need to get decent runners (was wearing skinny sketchers - girl in Lifestyle was like omg how were you exercising in them haha).

So tomorrow I am treating myself to a pair of nike jogging runners (they're gorgeous, grey and pink). They didn't have them in Nutgrove shopping centre in my size so going out to Tallaght tomorrow to get them. Cant wait to try them out!! :)

From the eating out guide
    Mc Donalds
    Hamburger 7
    French Fries Small 6; medium 9; large 13

Chipper Chips (Harry Ramsden's) 12pp
    Garlic Mayo -Prob 1pp per tbsp?
    Chicken Kebab-6pp for wrap, 4pp for chicken? 0pp for Salad

I dont think you did too much damage at all! Hope this helps & fair play on the walking, that will definately help undo any damage:)

Hi Elsy, thanks for the suggestion of couch to 5k - I had heard about it but had completely forgotten about it...I'm going to get on the threadmill now and start training for it!!

Thanks again ;)

Goodluck! Im doing it ons threadmill at home too my lil girl thinks its great when I take it out she dances along to the music I have on running its great and my 6 month old baby just sits in her bouncer staring st the both of us as if to say there cracked!

Goodluck! Im doing it ons threadmill at home too my lil girl thinks its great when I take it out she dances along to the music I have on running its great and my 6 month old baby just sits in her bouncer staring st the both of us as if to say there cracked!

My daughter loves the treadmill....she's like my lil personal trainer, but she's a bit harsh, shouting at me to run when I'm only walking lol!! My other daughter is amazed with it! I think she's confused as to what her mammy is doing....she wouldn't be used to seeing me exercise ha :)

Just did my first "Couch to 5K" workout and it was TOUGH :eek: but I am still here to tell the tale...I followed the Coolrunning.com workout that was for 20 mins....

5 min brisk warm up walk
    1 min jog
    1.5 min walk
    1 min jog
    1.5 min walk
    1 min jog
    1.5 min walk
    1 min jog
    1.5 min walk
    5 min cool down walk

I didn't get the last 1 min jog in as planned as was frickin dying but i did do another 30 sec jog when I got to about 17mins on my treadmill. Did 1.4km in 20 mins!!

So proud of myself to say the least, things have finally clicked with me!!! :D

Fair play to you garden gurl you do feel great after it dont ya? I like the structure of it cause even if im having a bad day food wise and its a run day I still do my run instead of just writing the day off cause I ate a few high things!

Just got my new runners :)

CAN'T WAIT to try them out. Don't think I am ready to start the couch to 5k thing yet, but I am definitely going for a 4km brisk walk with a bit of 30sec/1 min jogging here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

izzy24 wrote: »

You're fine, you've more than enough points to cover you....just don't throw in the towel, be good for the next few days but make sure you eat your daily points.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement