Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi all!

Hope you are all well, I had a very good week tracking wise, I hit my points on the button one day and was under them every other day.. Had WI this morning and had a 1lb loss. Was a bit disappointed!! But ah well there's always next week and a loss is a loss.
    I'm 1.5lb away from 2stone and another 1.5lb after that I'll be under the next stone mark. So it's all good!!

How is everybody else getting on? I'm really going to try exercise more and to eat healthier food. Because even though I stick to my points I do tend to use them badly sometimes.

Have a good week!!

Oh a quick question, has anybody gotten a 5% or 10% sticker for their card, the leader mentioned it today, I have never even heard of this. She said she will have them next week. Anybody have one already? I'm intrieged. I've hit both so I want those little stickers!!

J x :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Hi everyone.

Well done on all the great results! :)

I had my 2nd weigh-in today.
    ....down 2 lbs :)
    I stuck to my points all week, so would've been disappointed if I hadn't lost any to be honest. I was thrillled with 2 lbs down though! :)
    That's 8.5lbs in two weeks, which I am absolutely delighted with!

I know I should be realistically looking at 1 - 2 lbs loss each week now, so I'm really hoping to be down another 7lbs by the May bank holiday weekend. (5 weeks away).
    That's my mini goal.
    Actually, another 5.5lbs by then would mean I have lost 1 stone in total, so that would be perfect.

Fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone else still to be weighed this week :)

After losing these 8.5lbs I reckon I have in or around another 2 stone to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi there...

My week has gone from bad to worse i tried gettin back on the wagon from my few days away but im still managing to go over my points everyday.. way over!! :(:( Iv been to the gym but i really dont think tat has saved me... WI is thurs so il see den... Its TOM and im stressed to bits with college assignments so all i want is chocs :(:( Il try an stay on track tamo hopefully ?? At this stage i think this week is well and truly a bad one :D:D

After all my good spirits last week an al...ah well...!! I can snap back next week..!!

Well Done Jwaqui and Knifey Spoony..keep up the great work..!!!

Oh an jwaqui iv never heard of these stickers an i have definitely achieved 5% and 10% il have to ask my leader about those too :)

Good luck to everyone else WI :D xx

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

right. I posted here about 2 months ago with the intention of joining again but i'm only sitting here now after my first weighin in 3 years! Have gained 2.5 st since my last weigh in. Anyway all gung ho now to lose at least a stone anyway hopefully in 2 months. can't remember anything! So will be watching here for tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

knifey spoony,i don`t want to alarm you but may bank holiday is 2 weeks away not 5!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Hi Guys,
    Well done on all the great losses :D
    Jwacqui well done on the loss and the positive attitude, sounds like you have been super good but just be careful you arent eating too little. The hard work will pay off probably this week :)
    Shellybelly08 keep trying thats all you can do and you'll be back on track in no time at all.
    I have had an ok week, Ive been away for 4 days and stuck to my points all days except yesterday which was supremely bad however still hoping for a loss this week.
    Good luck with the weigh ins this week everyone :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Well done everyone on the losses and anyone who is struggling or who has had a breakout don't beat yourself up over it -Stuff happens. Put it behind you and try to remember why you went to WW and what you've invested in it so far Hopefully it'll help you get back on track.

I was abroad for most of the week and I did okay even though I forgot my calculator and couldn’t point and I was eating out every evening. I just went for the light option on the menu and skipped dessert. I also did a lot of walking. I brought some Curlwurlys with me and treated myself to one every night, I'm amazed that I didn't scoff them all on the first night.:D The result is that I’m down three and a half pounds and I didn’t have to ask for a seatbelt extension on the way back. The seatbelt was tight but it fit.:D:D I feel really motivated. I have a lot more to lose but at the moment I’m winning.

The leader at the meeting tonight showed a box of Ferrero Rocher, I think it had 16 in it, he said it was 24 points. I remember putting a box like that away in one sitting no problem.:)

I’m also finally light enough to use the Wii Fit which is good fun. My daughter was showing me how to use it but she skipped through the part that showed my weight so I had to go back and do the body test again. It was funny because I burped and the Wii said I had lost a half a kilo since I last weighed myself even though I had stepped off the board Easiest half kilo I ever lost :Dso I don’t think it’s too exact.

Good luck with the rest of this week everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Hey Everyone, hope everyone is getting on well with the program. I myself went back tonight after two weeks absent and gained a pound which was not too bad I suppose... but I have gone up to the next stone again by a half a pound so in total I have lost 1 stone and 12 and a half pounds. Im just annoyed with myself, I mean there have been numerous members that have come to the class and they have lost weight every week, and got to goal or are near that stage, and yet I have been at WW for 2 years 7 months, she was talking tonight about excuses, well this has got to be the very last time for me, no messing about, i mean at one stage I had lost over two stone, and then it crept back on again:o so anyway heres to a great week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭misssaucie

Hi All,

I've been on WW now for about 3 weeks and find it fantastic, my whole outlook on food has changed for the better.

I wanted to share a tip that a friend of mine gave me and I find it works a treat. Around 3 or 4 in the afternoon I start to get a longing for something...anything!!! So my mate said she makes herself a large cup of Nescafe with a drop of skimmed milk and a generous teaspoon of canderel sweetener and not only does it curb my longing for something sweet but it fills me up too and it's barely 1 point!

Also...if you are really trying to keep the points low early in the day so you can treat yourself in the evening to a meal out etc a slice of brown toast for brekkie with a spoon of chunky peanut butter will fill you up till lunch...you'll need a big pint of water to get it down, it's very dry but it's very satisfying, wouldn't recommend it for breakfast every day as it's nutritional value wouldn't be great but as I said it's a handy tip if you want to satisfy yourself and keep the brekkie points to about 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Hi all!

Just looking for a bit of advice!
    I'm falling into a trap of yo-yo ing in WW. Missing 2wks then going then missing 3wks. Today will be my 3rd missed class. I just wondering if i leave it til next week will i have to rejoin again (would be my 2nd) time or whats the penalties to keep going.

I know i should drag myself there tonight but i honestly don't think that i'm in the right frame of mind. Feeling a bit low this week and think i need to fix this first.

If anyone is a bit of a yo-yoer like me or was one, any advice on how to get through it?

Thanks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Saucey-Susie

im finally having a good day!!! :) breakfast was cereal and milk - 2 points and i just had a huge salad i made myself with 0 point dressing, 2 points, plus i had 4 rich tea biscuits, 2 points. 6 points in total! YAY!! and i have walked loads today, I have nearly burned 500 cals already! :) WOOHOO

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

DubLegs wrote: »
    Hi all!

Just looking for a bit of advice!
    I'm falling into a trap of yo-yo ing in WW. Missing 2wks then going then missing 3wks. Today will be my 3rd missed class. I just wondering if i leave it til next week will i have to rejoin again (would be my 2nd) time or whats the penalties to keep going.

I know i should drag myself there tonight but i honestly don't think that i'm in the right frame of mind. Feeling a bit low this week and think i need to fix this first.

If anyone is a bit of a yo-yoer like me or was one, any advice on how to get through it?

Thanks!!!

Come to the Abbey Street class tonight at 7.45! It will be fine, we're all human! just keep going for a few weeks solid and it will become part of your routine and eventually you wont feel right unless you go every week. Im scared about weigh in tonight because i went out for a meal during the week. I had 20 points left from that day and 4 saved from the day before but im still scared I will have put on weight! but to hell with it i'll go anyway! if i leave it a week i will lose motivation! fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Thanks Starflake!
    Abbey street was the class i went to on a tuesday lunchtime every week when i started a year ago - stayed for the class and everything. The leader Vera there was brilliant made me actually want to stay for the class. Ended up loosing stone and half. Sadly as I lost my job down that way i had to move to other side of town. I can't make that class now and i've been to 3 others near home etc but i find myself just going for the weigh in.
    Sadly won't be able to stay in town til that time as i finish work earlier now.

I'm going to have to dig deep to find the motivation i had this time last year!!

Do anyone know what the fees are for missing 4wks?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

DubLegs wrote: »
    Thanks Starflake!
    Abbey street was the class i went to on a tuesday lunchtime every week when i started a year ago - stayed for the class and everything. The leader Vera there was brilliant made me actually want to stay for the class. Ended up loosing stone and half. Sadly as I lost my job down that way i had to move to other side of town. I can't make that class now and i've been to 3 others near home etc but i find myself just going for the weigh in.
    Sadly won't be able to stay in town til that time as i finish work earlier now.

I'm going to have to dig deep to find the motivation i had this time last year!!

Do anyone know what the fees are for missing 4wks?

don't be so hard on yourself DubLegs! I'd say you'd be better off to re-join just ask your clerk the most it will be should only be €20 as far as i know if you've missed more than your holiday weeks they advise you to just re-join!

get onto the site & have a look at all the classes in your area even if they're a drive away. if you're anywhere near malahide i'd recomment my class on a thursday evening! jean's a fab leader! weigh in starts at 6.30 & we're done by 7.30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Well thankfully i stayed the same last night. We were asked what we were and weren't wiling to give up to loose weight. I said I was giving up sitting on my ass :-)
    Anyway yesterday and today (so far) have been good. In all fairness though it's not the food but the exercise that is my really big problem. I had lost 1.5 stone, put back on 1/2 a stone, on way back down again with 1.5 stone to go to hit gold.
    Fed up wishing to be thin, have to make it happen myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trying_hard

Hey, congrats to everyone for sticking with it! and a big thanks from me....i wasnt going to go to weigh in tonight because i had a bad 2 days so i was going to leave it and just try harder this week but reading all the posts it gave me hope that its not all doom and gloom so i went to class and was delighted to have lost 1lb, im now 12st 2lb and i am determined to hit under 12st on the scales next wednesday night!!! i hope everybody who reads this and thinks they are having a bad week will think again about mising the class. Thanks again!!:):)

Hi again...im so far off the wagon im tryin to squash every last hope from the thread guys :D:D

Iv been exercising but my food intake for week as iv already said has been deplorable!!

Well done barbiegirl and trying_hard good results for bad weeks...i really want to have a result like u guys..

Im petrified for WI tamo but i guess i need to grin an bare it and move swiftly on to next week :D:D

Im gonna say a prayer an hope it isnt too bad :D:D

Will let yas no tamo..chat den xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trying_hard

shellybelly i know exactly how you feel that was the attitude i had but if you have excercised all week that will help you so much. good luck tomorrow:)

hey there, I'm on day 2 of my first week back at WW after 3 years .... and I can't remember anything. I've no point calculating card thingy so I'm not really sure what points I'm using. the leader is supposed to be posting me the joining pack as she didn't have any the other night.

so what would ye recommend, just keep track of everything I've been eating and try and point it when I get the pack? hopefully I won't have gone too over my limit. well , i guess its just the first week, i can start for real next week when I'm all set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Leah-G1

Hello...on weight watchers 3 weeks and 4lbs down. I have just had a moment of weakness and eaten a chocolate eclair with cream from the Bakery..does anyone know how many points I've just wasted? :o

Cant find it anywhere in the book or online!!

PS couldnt find the thread for how many points in.....sorry if this is in the wrong place!

• Advertisement

Karmella wrote: »
    hey there, I'm on day 2 of my first week back at WW after 3 years .... and I can't remember anything. I've no point calculating card thingy so I'm not really sure what points I'm using. the leader is supposed to be posting me the joining pack as she didn't have any the other night.

so what would ye recommend, just keep track of everything I've been eating and try and point it when I get the pack? hopefully I won't have gone too over my limit. well , i guess its just the first week, i can start for real next week when I'm all set up.

hi karmella,

there is another thread here how many ww points in but here's a link to an online calculator to get you through i'd also recommend getting the electronic one that is sold at the WW meetings if you can. http://points.ogo.ms/

best of luck! :D

Hi there...

Karmella..Ladiee24 is right the calculator is a fab lil gadget its only 10 euro and its so handy shopping and when your on the go :)

As predicted i was up 1lb today im delighted as i didn break my 50lb and now i can just jump back into the saddle for next week.. Im about to make some free soup and low fat jelly..!! :) And iv been trying to plan my exercise in advance!! Thanks trying_hard you were right for me to go i really feel the better of it :D:D

Best of luck to everyone else WI today...:)xxx

Thanks a million for that link! must go add up what i've had the last few meals now....:o

Hi All,

Well done Shellybelly08 looks like the exercise paid off this week despite the food not being so good, I often find when Im bad on the eating I tend not to bother with the exercise too as I think there is no point....seems however that there might be a point afterall ;)

trying_hard: well done on going to your meeting and Im really delighted you got a good result. I am an advid supporter of going to meetings every single week and facing the good the bad and the ugly. It really is the only way to get the positive attitude back for the next week.

I stayed the same this week which I'm fine with since I was away for 4 days. Our leader made us set a goal for ourselves for the next 5 weeks which will bring us up to weigh in before June bank hol weekend so I set mine at 5lbs which will bring me to my 4th stone. I'd just been saying to my friend before the meeting began that I needed to set myself a small attainable goal rather than looking at the big picture and all the weight I still have to loose so I think this will be the perfect target for now. This week I have an engagement party tomorrow night which will be tough as I am planning on drinking and then there is the problem of the hangover but if Im as good as Im planning I will be good at all other times this week besides the alcohol. We'll see :)

Good luck everyone with the weekend and week to come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey guys, went back to my meeting tonight after fallin off the wagon for bout 4 weeks but by some sheer miricle i havent gained anything so back on the wagon from tommorow

hey guys!!

how are you all doing? good I hope! :) thank god for friday :D! well much to my surprise i had a great weigh in this week i lost 3lbs! i'm absolutely delighted! that's 40lbs in total with only 11.5lbs to get to goal. I must admit I was a little deflated last night as I'd set myself a goal of reaching my final goal weight by last night hey I'm only 11.5lbs away so I know I'll get there.

I've had a mind battle for the past couple of weeks only half doing what I know works. Last night our leader used a great example of knowing where you're going & knowing how you're going to get there & acknowleding that there will be bumps along the way the most important thing is to keep going no matter how much we want to give up remember why we began this journey in the first place! always remember that! mine is to be healthy & to live life as much as I want to & not let something as simple as my weight hold me back :o so easy to say in words but in practice life intervienes but i know this is my final journey in WW I can't wait to get off at goal & stay there for many years to come!

hope everyone has a great weekend REMEMBER YOUR DOING WW FOR YOU & NO-ONE ELSE!!!

sorry for the long post feeling a bit emotional about the journey this morning :)

Well done Ladiee24, that is fantastic weight loss so far, you must be so delighted that you've less than a stone to go,,,,wow, I cant imagine how good that must feel :D Keep it up and you will be at goal in no time at all.

I've been good food wise today but engagement party tonight and I've given myself permission to drink as I please as its a big night and I only tend to drink about once a month. I will be skipping any signs of food however and have had a good dinner with brown rice and a prawn stir fry with plenty of veg so I really shouldn't feel hungry.

Target this week = -1lb :D

Hello all...just checkin in ...:D

Well week started back grand but i had two nights out this weekend and was dwn country yday so food wasn great...I planned to go to the gym but im just so exhausted im taking it easy!!

Hopefully i can pull it back for WI on weds goin back to my original class tank god as Im off work..yay!!:D:D

1lb at a time i love your mini goals :) its a great idea for keeping up the motivation levels its brill.....iv been thinkin the of mini goals myself.. Im doing the mini marathon the june bank holiday and i do really want to have my 4th stone off by den too...so iv 6lbs to lose in 5 weeks.. Hopefully i may get der gonna try anyways...:D:D

Hope all of you had a good weekend...!! xx

hi there. Well i got the pack in the post which was great and i think i'm doing ok food wise but drank way too much this weekend! Its going to be my biggest hurdle i think - i'm a disaster! Thankfully i'm not doing my usual hangovert grazing though. Going to have to curtail my drinking habits from now on. I did it before, just got to put my mind to it. Wi on tuesday night. Will be scary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Having been pretty good all week, I had my 2 best mates up on Saturday. A real rarity as with 5 kids between them, the last time with just the girls up here was 4 years ago. Anyway with them and another great mate we went clubbing. I tried to be good, as in made a lovely low fat (4 point!!!) lasagne to provide soakage, but well we drank a lot.
    Fast forward to yesterday and me having many conversations with God. So yesterday my tummy was in bits and that meant, 3/4 of a Pizza in Milano's (the one with spinach, goats cheese and caramalised onion), 2 scoops of ice cream, a roll with butter and velvet crunch, packet of maltesers, some nachos with sour cream and salsa. A complete disaster!!
    This morning I am back on track. Thank god I don't do that every Saturday night. WI tomorrow and very wary of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement