Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Its funny how things can go from great plans to pure disaster!! In my last 2 posts I had the whole weekend planned, the next it was in ruins!!
    I did really well on Friday, had my 21 points and then went out and had a great night and didnt even have one bit of take away the rest were eating.
    Saturday I had a great start, my ww leader reckons eating low points food every couple of hours when you're hung over is a ww friendly cure so I decided to give that a try and all was good I had enough points left to get a chow mein for dinner......and then.....I was invited to my friends house so I went thinking we would prob get a take away so Id still be able to get my chow mein until one suggested we go to Eddie Rockets and of course I went too!! After that we had a poker night and I went overboard with the nibbles!!!
    On Sunday again I didnt have a bad start but my friend text to see if I wanted to go get something to eat.......we ended up getting dvd's take away and rakes of nibbles!!! This is the same friend who comes to ww with me and whos engagement party was on Friday so the two of us are having a disastrous week and dreading Thursdays weigh in. Good to BAD!! in one foul swoop.
    Anyway luckily I definitely will still attain my mini target.

ShellyBelly,,,you and me 4 stone here we come :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

i was up 1/2 lb on thurs nite,im just up,down,up,down!how can i get it back into my head? i love all food so there is just not one problem one but loads of them!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trying_hard

once again im praying for a miracle for the next 2 days, i had a kids party over the weekend and went a bit overboard on the rice krispie cakes!!! maybe a big walk tomorrow night will help me out! im determined to drag myself out of bed for the gym in the morning even if its just a bit of cardio!! how is everyone else doing??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey hey looks like some of us had a mad weekend...i no i did...

Thank god i got through today ok and enjoyed a major session in the gym hopefully i can repeat that tamo and maybe fingers/toes/arms crossed :D:D I may have a result weds...il be happy to have stayed the same i really would..!! I deserve it after the alcohol indulgence!!

1lbatatime... I hear ya with the weekend..i was off an defo over did it!! Drink wise anyways!! chin up til thurs thats wat im trying to do... FIngers crossed we get a step closer to the mini goal :)

Stay positive for the week ahead guys anything can happen ;) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

1lbAtaTime wrote: »
    Id still be able to get my chow mein until one suggested we go to Eddie Rockets and of course I went too!!
    Depending on what you got the eddie rockets probably had less points than a takeaway chow mein. Unless you meant a WW ready meal or something, which are usually less than half the average size of a takeaway.

I posted this before...

I got a singapore chow mein last week, weighed 800g.
    Using this calculator http://points.ogo.ms/
    I would estimate it at 250kcal per 100g though, this is comparing it to supermaret ready meals and the fact that the noodles are much denser, i.e. not boiled to death where they take up lots of water. A single pack of 80-100g dry supernoodles can be 550-600kcal. I would also conservatively estimate 5% fat since it was fried noodles & meat and quite oily, so 40g of fat, and 20g goes in my calculator. So using the same calculator I would estimate 33.5points. I ate this in 2 sittings. As I keep saying the portions are massive, so do not go fooling yourself. I know a girl who does order this from the same place as she thinks it is the "best choice" because WW say so. There are far better options to chose, much smaller portions, or just split it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

first weigh in and down 2.5! I'm delighted considering how much i drank at the weekend. I did some walking and actually had no major blow outs on the food so that must have been a factor! Really motivated now to keep going! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone!

Had a funny old week. My points went as follows; Wed (-6), Thur (+2.5), Fri (-5), Sat (-4), Sunday (+5.5) and Mon I was (-3). All of the saving points wasn't intentional just a hectic week and some days didn't want to eat and couldn't squeeze my points in and made up for it other days I spose.

Was worried about weigh in today but was down 1 pound. So a good week. Still have that dam half pound to get my 2stone!! Its taking its time but we will be there in no time. I am aiming for 2pound this week because that will mean i will be in the 14's instead of the 17's :eek:, tres exciting!!

How is everybody gettin on? A good week I hope!!

By the way I got those 5% and 10% stickers this morning aswell, also very exciting. (I have attached a picture of it below!)

Feel like I'm really making progress this week. Good luck everybody with your WeightWatchers week!! ;)

J xx

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

I had a terrific week. Managed to stay really focused, tracked everything I ate, stayed within my points and did a big long walk every day. Down 6 pounds which means I've lost over 3 stone so far. :)

Still have about 7 stone to lose though :(

Well done breadandjam terrific weigh loss...!!! ;) Well done to jwacqui and karmella too great losses.!!! :D:D

After havin mixed week im kinda dreadin the scales tonight...fingers a crossed already will keep yas posted...Good luck to anyone else WI tonight!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey guys,

having a good week this week took our class journal to get me back to my tracking which i let slip i've been within points under by 2 or 1/5 point over & have managed to get some exercise in dispite the changeable weather so i'm hoping to have a loss tmrw at my WI. in an ideal world hopefully i'll be getting my 3rd stone FINGERS CROSSED :D i've been repeating GOLD WILL BE MINE IN 2009 over & over i hope it works! ;)

well done breadandjam, jwacqui & karmella! :D

shellybelly08 i've got my fingers crossed for you for today :)

hollyhock 1/2lb isn't too bad i was up 2.5lbs a couple of weeks ago & like you i felt i'd lost my focus at bit.ask yourself WHY you want to loose weight? when you have that answer know that answer so well that you'd know if you were woken up in the middle of the night you'd still be able to answer it. my leader mentioned this to us last week & i found it was brilliant for getting me back on track why not give it a go for yourself i hope you get back on track & if you need a little extra motivation why not try the fast start menu for a week back to basics :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Big Mom

Hi Everyone, tonight Im starting back at WW again:eek: I have two stone to loose. I really am finding it hard to get motivated but I said tonight's the night so here I go back again. Will be looking to all of you for huge support. Just looked at some of the posts and you're all doing great. So will be on later to let ye know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Big Mom

Just set up my ticker so hope this gets me motivated when I see it going down, hopefully.

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Afternoon all..

I find it very strange that I genuinely was not good last week at all and was down 3.5 llbs:eek: (I had 2 meals out and heaps of beer and hardly walked)

This week I walked for an hour every day and was a very good girl (food wise;)) - Up a llb:confused:

Obviously last week just caught up with me but I was so shocked when she said I was up, I was like WHAT, THAT CANT BE RIGHT?, She thinks Im a nutter anyway cos last week I kissed her when she said I was down

/morto

Big Mom wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, tonight Im starting back at WW again:eek:

Good luck Little Mom:D

Welcome Big Mom you will defo get support and advice here..take it step by step and ul get there ;)

Loopy try not fret sometimes your body wrks that way just pick it up and start a fresh this week...i was up last week too it does get to ya but ya have to pick it up an start again!!

Well well i was shocked to see that i was dwn 2.5lbs tonight i cant beleive it..i was hoping to lose the pound i put on last week but this is just brilliant im so chuffed...getting closer to the 4th stone its freaking me out :):):)

Ladieee24 tanks for crossing them for me it prob paid off :D:D

Working from tamo til monday so hopefully food will be planned out and ok for the week ahead...drinks planned on sunday evening too with the girls so we shall sees!!:):)

Good to you all WI tamo let us know!!

Best of luck with the week ahead too!! xx

yay congrats shellybelly08 delighted for you!:D

i've got WI tonight but my laptop at home is broken so i'll update first thing tomorrow.

welcome to Big Mom & best of luck

loopy i know it can be so frustrating when that happens but it's only 1/2lb which is easier than 1 or 2 ;) and remember you're body doesn't know it's weigh in day as much as we want it to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

How many WW points in a Milano's margarita pizza please????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you have the WW eating out guide it should be in there under 'Pizza Express' (pizza express in the UK is Milanos here)

This lady says 11.5 points

http://www.freewebs.com/noreenblackett/pizzatakeaway.htm

This has some info on food options in milanos/pizza express also

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=31011

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Just checked and my full Padana Pizza on Sunday was 12 points, but I only ate 2/3's of it so 8 points, had with diet coke and the 2 scoops of Icecream, one valilla and choc, other lemot sorbet so say 3. So my entire hangover lunch which I was very guilty about was 11. Barbie girl happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey folks well got back on the wagon this week and was delighted when i WI tonight and lost 4 pounds so thats 18pounds gone since last november

hey guys!

happy friday even with the rain cause the bank holiday beckons :p was down a 0.5lb so i'm happy with being down like anyone would have liked a little bit more but hey it'll make me work for it!

i think the closer i get to having an offical stone off the harder it is for me to get it. it's like my mind/body is really making me work for it so when i get there it bloody stays off if that's the case then i don't mind at all :D

so with saying that i plan to do lots of walking this weekend rain, hail or sunshine! i'm hoping for sunshine in all honesty :rolleyes: wonder if it will appear?!

well done psycho-hope that's a fab loss!

hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend & hope to hear about less of you all during the week ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭STUBBORNGIRL

hi All,

Im new to all of this. I have tried everything but i think that WW is goign to work for me this time. weighed in Tuesday two weeks ago at over 15 stone - heaviest i have ever been in my life! Anyhow I lost 6lbs the first week and on Tuesday night i was down another 2.5! I am taking it very serious this time and i have set out little targets for myself !i have a communion on the 8th of May and i have a fantastic top and white Jeans that i need to get into (nearly there with the top). My boobs were squashed to it when i first bought it but now they fit in comfortably. Jeans are still tight but hopefully some weight will shift itself from my belly!

Does anyone know if weight really goes from your boobs first? my gut is annoying me and i would like to get rid of that too.

I was thinking of takign these tablets called Alli which help to stop 25% of fat being stored from food eaten - not sure though! Anyone have any suggestions on this ( i feel like it is goign against all that WW is about) - if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

Thanks to all and congrats to all those success stories they really are inspiring. I look forward to posting here and letting you know about my success and also picking up tips from all of those who have lost weight!

My great intentions at the start of this week were sooooo not followed through. I had one of those weeks when I was bad and then just thought I've ruined it now so kept going....I despise those weeks. Anyway I got the result and was up 3 lbs!!! yes in one week up lbs.
    Anyway not to worry, line drawn, onwards and back downwards.
    I've had a great great start today, my points allowance is 21 per day so Im going to try and stick to 18 to do the kick start and so far so good....have a big chicken caserole in the oven for only 4 points. Treated myself to the points calculator last night and Im delighted with my new little toy :)
    I am very confident in this week. My recent problem is being consistent with my weight loss so I just need to keep it going week after week.

Well done ShellyBelly, you are well on track for our mini goal :) Ive gone slightly backwards but remain confident if I have a super week this week it wont look so hard to achieve by next week.

Good luck everyone with another long weekend :) Enjoy

Hi guys thanks for de congrats you are all so good...

1lb at a time..you have the right attitude...you really have. Put the week behind ya and kick it in the ass for next week i no you can do it...the mini goal does too :):) Youre doin brill chin up!!

Ladiee24...down is down you are well right!! Fair play...nearly there now!:D

Im currently havin a glass of wine and some nibbles havin a good week so far but il be saving points to make up for this evening for the week but however..Thats life :D:D

Enjoy the long weekend guys and good luck!! :) xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mulmulcahy

just in relation to what stubborn girl was saying about boobs, i think it depends on whether you have naturally big boobs or not. my boobs are naturally big and while i havent noticed them getting smaller, above them and around them has shrunk a bit which gives the impression that theyre shrinking. my cup size is still the same :( saying that ive only lost 12lbs so maybe when ive lost more the boobs themselves will start to shrink. anyone else found this cos id love to think that eventually they'd get smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trying_hard

hey guys,

how is everyone getting through the bank holiday weekend?? im having the best week which is motivating me more! have been so busy in work so it has been easy sticking to my points because i dont have time to pick!

Also have rediscovered M+S count on us meals, they are doing a 3 for 2 deal and they have the points value on them already!! they are good size portions and really filling, they have been a god send this week and im heading over later for more! i know ready made meals should be a last resort but i find after a long 12 hour shift on your feet the last thing you want to do is stand at cooker cooking, so they have been my saviour this week and for once im looking forward to weigh in on wednesday!!

Hope everyone is doing well!:)

Well done trying hard....I'm glad to report that I am also having a great weekend but I am definitely concentrating very hard on it. I think some of my old bad habits had snuck back in over the last couple of months so will take some time to readjust back to being good without having to think too much about it. Feel like Im on day one all over again which isnt a bad thing.

Looking forward to weigh in on Thursday,,,will be first in the queue :)

Hope everyone is enjoying the bank hol weekend.

Well done guys yous seem to be having a great weekend fair play...!!

Iv had two good days and two not so good...today is going ok as i was working to and hopefully tampo will be and sure il just see how things go on weds..!! exercise has been good so hopefully it will be good at WI...

Hope everyone got thru the weekend ok !! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Well done guys yous seem to be having a great weekend fair play...!!

Iv had two good days and two not so good...today is going ok as i was working to and hopefully tampo will be and sure il just see how things go on weds..!! exercise has been good so hopefully it will be good at WI...

Hope everyone got thru the weekend ok !! xx

Hey Shelly!! U shud so b a poster girl for ww!! :) very impressed with d owl motivation speaking!!so proud of ya lil sis.

well was on dis a few weeks ago n with everythin going on I haven had time to check in. Readin some gr8 comments glad to no half of is not just in my own head :)

Anyways finally got my 2nd st at thurs wi. Was so happy cause ive been battlin dis 6lbs since jan. got real disheartened for awhile!! but my sis dragged me out of it, thanks shel:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

So im trying to really put the effort in dont want to be up this wk even if i stay d same it wud be gr8. I got the ww pedometer n its brill. Really motivating when ya need a gud kick in d ass !! fingers crossed for dis week, Gud luck ladies hope its a gud one x x x :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

So good to see how well everyone is doing, I have been touching base every few days to garnish the good vibes.
    I've had the worst few weeks, started when I popped a few discs in my back which called a halt to my exercise plan which for once was going so well, I had reached the point where I was really enjoying it, kept my head though and really watched what I was eating. I thought things couldn't get worse until I missed a step on the stairs, popped the discs again and for good measure also dislocated me knee. You wouldn't read it in a bad novel. So, several weeks on and back to square one , plus a few extra pounds, I'm starting all over again, again. Can't believe I'm back over 13st again.
    Tis only because of here that I am even thinking of having another go, I'm gonna try something different this time, instead of aiming for my goal weight, I'm gonna set mini goals. My first is, 6lbs down by June 1st. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Well I had an ok weekend, certainly going by how my trousers feel today I shouldn't be too bad at WI tonight. We did have a bar b q on Sunday but that wasn't too bad, and I had a few diet 7-ups as well as my wine throughout the day to try to keep those points down. The worst bit was the dessert but as I made it, I knew how bad it was, and had saved all week to have it, chocolate bread and butter pudding (hubbies chosen birthday cake), 12 points a portion, but worth it. Plus made loads of carrot and celery sticks and whilst they didn't stop me picking some crisps completly they did cut it down by about 80%.
    Yesterday due to not drinking too much wasn't hung over and kept well within points. So happy enough. We'll see tonight.
    My new motto everytime I nearly pick at something, "You won't lose weight by eating". Simple really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement