Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi Guys, remember me! Wouldn't blame you if you hadn't. I have been so bad, not tracking at all and last weigh in was a month ago. I completely fell off the wagon. I've tried getting back on a few times but couldn't quite stay up. I am trying again with the aim of going to my WI next Tuesday. I've started well by tracking for today so far. I've done little or no exercise the last few weeks so that's high on the agenda. I was going to aim for three exercise sessions this week (either go for a run or go the gym). It would be a good start. I've been guiltily reading this forum even though I wasn't being good and just want to say well done everyone. You are all doing brilliant and deserve to. I just keep thinking of summer and the nice clothes I will be able to wear if I am good. Sorry for my moan, help me stay on the wagon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mulmulcahy

hi pink chick, fair play to you for your honesty. ive been doing ww for about 10 weeks now and it does take alot of motivation on my part to go to a class when i think i might be up a lb or two. we all fall of the wagon from time to time ( i gained 4lbs one week!) but just put it behind you and move on. just focus on the lovely feeling when your leader tells you that youre down x amount. take it week by week and best of luck with it. just back from my meeting and i was down 2lbs and reached my first stone off hence the motivational pep talk :D believe me if i can do it anyone can!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nuim

hi all ...starting weight watchers tomo to get in shape for summer time.... any tips for me?! has it worked for people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Hey Pinkchick, great to see your name up there again, best of luck.

First day back over with, cripes it was hard, all I could think about was food, its like a switch gets flipped, once you know you can't have something thats all you can think about. went @ 2pts over, but am hoping to balance that out with extra exercise today.
    Need a favour, could someone post the recipe for the zero point soup and any other low point food.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Well stayed the same at WI last night, a bit disappointed as I've cut out all snacking, but I am always slow to lose weight.
    On 0 Point soup I love tomato, so
    equal amounts of tinned tomato and veg stock, 1 tin of puree per tin of tomato, some herbs like oregano, thyme, majoram, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, dash of balsamic vinegar, and a nice bit of basil. It's very yummy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Ah chin up Barbie Girl ! u had a gr8 wkend and ur effort wil prob show up next week :D Welcome bac PinkChick and fair play for climbing bac on d wagon :) WI is 2mo dreadin it, i always do regardless how well ive done. was v bad 2 days so dunno wat to expect!! how is every one else doin?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hey everyone, I just rejoined WW yesterday after not going since September (had to go back to night college and was clashing with my classes). So happy to be getting back into it but I've put on a STONE since September! Kind of expected it though. I lost 21.5lbs last summer and I would love the same success again! I'm not setting myself a target, just going to take each week as it comes. My bf is joining next week (he has a bit of a beer belly since Christmas :D) so it will be great for us to do it together. I'm a big wine drinker so that definitely has to be cut down to the minimum but I'm still not going to deprive myself of too much!

I'm not a breakfast eater and I know that's so bad for me so am starting to eat a banana & an Acitivia 0% fat yoghurt every morning when I get into work. When I started last year I found the best tip was to drink loads of water, especially coming up to lunchtime, and instead of eating my lunch at the start of my lunch hour, I wait until half way through so I'm not tempted to go back into the kitchen to pick. Glad this thread is here for all the tips & motivation :)

barbiegirl wrote: »
    On 0 Point soup I love tomato, so
    equal amounts of tinned tomato and veg stock, 1 tin of puree per tin of tomato, some herbs like oregano, thyme, majoram, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, dash of balsamic vinegar, and a nice bit of basil. It's very yummy.

I'm really glad you posted this up, I have never liked soup but recently had a tomato & basil soup that I really liked so am definitely going to try this. A couple of questions though...once you make it, how many days can you keep it for? And where would I get vegetable stock from? Sorry I'm not much of a cook! Can you buy it tinned?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

Well I had my WI last night and went back up 1, but I wasn't shocked really as I'd had a VERY bad long weekend. But back on the wagon now today and intend to be down again next week. i have a holiday booked for the 20th and i'm not setting foot outside the door until then!!!! Well except to go for lots of walks anyway. :)

onwards and downwards people!!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Missed my usual weigh in so weigh in to morrow night. Should be okay although I didn't get as much exercize as usual this week.
    where would I get vegetable stock from? Sorry I'm not much of a cook! Can you buy it tinned?

Stock cubes: OXO or Knorr or there are also organic ones under the label Kallo I think. I think you can also buy ready made stock in Marks and Spencers.

A good breakfast is essential I start each day with a bowl of porridge and that keeps me going til lunch.

A bottle of wine is 7.5 points buts it's what you have with the wine that's the problem:(

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Welcome ibarleycare... i think its brill you and your partner are doing it together it will be such a great support for you to have that help..you can cook together and even exercise it will be fab...wish ya all the best of luck starting off..!!

With regard to the soup..i make a big batch with broc, carrots, cauliflower, tin chopped tomatos and some oxo stock cubes.. all you do with the stock is add it to hot water and add it to your veg...when its all boiled up i blend in and store it in the fridge.. it is really easy!! I just keep it stored in the fridge and i usually get the guts of a week out of it.. me and my mam use it for lunches so handy and 0 points :D:D

Barbiegirl...staying the same is great and exactly what MIDWIFEnTRAININ said your good work will show next week...chin up keep going :):)

Great attitude to have Karmella...im thinking the same myself for the week ahead with the exercise..onwards and downwards is right!! :D

I was down 0.5lb tonight which i am really happy with had two bad drinking days and tried to be good for remainer of week so the 0.5lb is super!! Only 3lb more to the next stone so my mini goal for next week is 1.5lb!! Starting the week as i mean to continue tamo.. very positively...lets see how long that lasts..:D:D

Best of luck to all WI tamo...!!...Very long post..my bad :):)xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

rubadub wrote: »
    As I keep saying the portions are massive

Takeaway portions are seriously big. Myself and the other half ordered a 'set meal for 2' from a chinese place a couple of weeks ago - 2 soups, a standard starter, 2 mains, a veggie side and 2 rice. It lasted us six portions. Yes six. Both of us on the night we ordered it (we barely touched the mains), lunch for us both the following day and dinner as well. I couldn't imagine 2 people eating all that in one sitting :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

ibarlycare, sounds like heaven to have someone that close take the journey with you. good luck to ye.
    Barbiegirl and Shellybelly, thanks, both sound delish, hoping to get into the kitchen this weekend and make a tonne of zero point soups and freeze double portions.
    Day 2 over, worse than day 1, don't remember it being this hard, just concentrating on next tuesday at the moment, I want to get to that wi knowing I did my best, even if there is no change, sometimes it happens that way for me and week 2 is when the magic happens.

Am loving " Onwards and downwards"

Welcome ibarleycare... i think its brill you and your partner are doing it together it will be such a great support for you to have that help..you can cook together and even exercise it will be fab...wish ya all the best of luck starting off..!!

With regard to the soup..i make a big batch with broc, carrots, cauliflower, tin chopped tomatos and some oxo stock cubes.. all you do with the stock is add it to hot water and add it to your veg...when its all boiled up i blend in and store it in the fridge.. it is really easy!! I just keep it stored in the fridge and i usually get the guts of a week out of it.. me and my mam use it for lunches so handy and 0 points :D:D

Cheers for the welcome! :D Regarding the soup, I'm really fussy unfortunately and I don't like normal vegetable soup, only tomato! I'm going to try the tomato soup with oxo cubes and loads of basil though, looking forward to it. Also, well done on your amazing weight loss so far! Ideally I've to lose roughly the same amount as you and it's very inspiring to see someone who's done so well! How long have you been doing WW?
    ibarlycare, sounds like heaven to have someone that close take the journey with you. good luck to ye.
    Barbiegirl and Shellybelly, thanks, both sound delish, hoping to get into the kitchen this weekend and make a tonne of zero point soups and freeze double portions.
    Day 2 over, worse than day 1, don't remember it being this hard, just concentrating on next tuesday at the moment, I want to get to that wi knowing I did my best, even if there is no change, sometimes it happens that way for me and week 2 is when the magic happens.

Am loving " Onwards and downwards"

Yeah I'm happy that I've someone to do it with me, a bit of healthy competition between us will be good ;) I'd say he'll lose weight quite quickly though, men usually lose it quicker plus he's quite fit and does a lot of jogging. I'll be going mad! Haha. I'll just have to convince him to start working on a 6-pack then!

I agree with you about it being harder this time around. I think because the last time I did it I anticipated it being much harder and I was pleasantly surprised, and then this time I was just thinking "oh it's not that bad!" It's NOT that bad really, I'm enjoying planning my meals and stuff but I definitely have been feeling hungry so I have to try and figure out what to be eating to fill me up more.

Got a good tip in my class the other night for a "treat." I'm a fiend for crisps and nachos & dips when I'm watching a film or TV. Someone recommended Sharwoods Poppodoms. They're only half a point each, I broke 2 of them up and used mango chutney as a dip (I think there's only 1 point per 100g and I was only lightly dipping so would barely even need to point it!) and they were absolutely delicious. Definitely my new snack!

Hey ibarelycare...

Iv been in ww since august 08.. its may now and im 3st 11lb dwn..iv bout 12/13lb left to goal...its been a while but they say the slower the better and 8/9months is great to have lost so much im still in shock myself at times :D:D cnt believe im a new me... Honestly if i am here anyone in the world can do it! I promise ya that! Good Luck to you both!! Oh and this thread has been fantastic for me too...ul be hooked :D:D xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone!!
    Havn't posted in a little bit as my internet has been down!! Don't even get me started on that!! In the middle of my exams so had to borrow an Aunts mobile internet.
    I had my weigh in tuesday and got that 2nd stone i'd be dying for!! Just got it on the dot by losing half a pound but happy with that! My next goal is 1.5lb as that will bring me under the next stone! So even if i get that over the next two weeks I will be very happy!
    It's been a very different story this than last time. I think i found it too easy last time and when it stopped coming off so quickly I just gave up! But this time I don't just want a quick fix I am accepting this is a lifestyle change and I will have an issue with weight for the rest of my life and will have to work at it. And also as my leader pointed out I am a young girl, 21 in two months time and its better to deal with it now.
    My exams are over the 15th May so I am planning on getting totally stuck in and get a good number down over the summer!

Good luck everybody and have a fantastic week!! :D

J x

Hey ibarelycare...

Iv been in ww since august 08.. its may now and im 3st 11lb dwn..iv bout 12/13lb left to goal...its been a while but they say the slower the better and 8/9months is great to have lost so much im still in shock myself at times :D:D cnt believe im a new me... Honestly if i am here anyone in the world can do it! I promise ya that! Good Luck to you both!! Oh and this thread has been fantastic for me too...ul be hooked :D:D xx

Wow that is really impressive in such a short space of time, well done! Hopefully I'll be the same in a few months time :D

Does anyone here have Trevor as a leader? He does a few classes in Dublin and Meath. He lost something like 23 stone over 2 & a half years doing WW. I've started WW numerous times over the past 4 or 5 years and I've never had such a good leader, I was worried that when I went back this week he'd be gone but luckily he's still there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nuim

fair play on the weight loss everyone! i started ww today an hope to lose two stone in d nxt few months! any tips / advice for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Down 2 pound this week which is great considering the week I had. I have a long way to go still but I'm taking it seriously this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hi all.
    I postd here about six weeks ago after rejoining. had put on about 10ibs since being in my old ww class last year.
    After moving i couldn't attend by old class and lost loads of motivation but wasn't too disapointed with 11ibs (had been still exercising but eating over the points)
    I didn't quite get back on the wagon and rejoined AGAIN, yesterday and had put up 4ibs extra.
    Basically I am now a stone up from where I was last year in weightwatchers. I lost two stone then and was about a half a stone from goal.
    I am about a stone and a half from an ideal goal even though a stone is me pretty happy and slim.

I really need to motivate myself.
    Any help from you here will be great.
    11st31bs yesterday.
    Hope to knock at least 2ibs off that next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

hey guys n gals

happy friday!!! was down another half pound last night i'm delighted i really think my weight loss is going to slow down for me now cause i'm so close to goal but i know it's going to stay off this way :)

only 1lb to my 3rd stone hopefully will get that the week after next as i won't be able to make my WI will be in Scotland at a funeral :(

well done to everyone this week loose or gain you still went & you're still on your journey! hope everyone has a good weekend :)

• Advertisement

Hey there well done on the losses guys..fair play to yas!!

Welcome bernso and nuim... yous will get great advice here...mine would be to go to the meeting even ifs its bad iv learned that over the weeks...its defo to go good bad or ugly :D:D

Having a good week so far...points are saved for drinks tamo nite was in gym yday and today...tamo nite will be my only temptation for the week so hopefully i get thru ok...!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!! Enjoy the weather..if we get any!! :D:D xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Wel was up a lb dis week. bit disheartened after gettin my 2 st last week and even started to do more exercise. So im tryin to c were im goin wrong. Went d gym yday n i can really feel it today but not letting it get to me even went for a walk. N i hate walkin :) Onwards and downwards as Shellybelly says, so enthusiastic!:)
    Welcome to all d newbies n rejoiners hope d week is going ok.
    Big exam monday so il be in studyn d wkend, away from most temptations :) Any one any different exercise rountines ? its worth it to try something new

enjoy ur wkend !!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭1lbAtaTime

Hey All, sounds like everyone is doing well. My good bank holiday weekend paid off and I was down 4.5lbs this week (after being up 3 the week before) so I was delighted with that altogether. I had set a mini goal for myself to loose 5 lbs by the bank hol w/e in june and for the first week I was up 3 so then it was 8lbs in 4 weeks but with a great weigh in on Thurs I am back on track for achieving my mini goal which will also be my 4th Stone.....yeaaahhh. I am so determined at the mo. I ususally have take away and dessert after weigh in but this week I had a healthy dinner and went to aerobics instead. I've been out walking today and had a good day so far.

Well done Jwacqui, great achievement :)
    ShellyBelly, definitely on the right path for you mini goal for June.
    MIDWIFEinTRAINING, dont dwell on the week, it is so hard to be good when you are trying to do exams. Keep the chin up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

Hey everyone! I joined weight watchers this time last year and went from 11st10lb to 10st4lb by September, of course then when I couldn't go to meetings anymore it all fell through and I put most of it back on. Rejoined today and I'm 11st3.5lb, so at least I've kept a little off. I'm going away in 8 weeks so that's a great goal for me. Last year I dropped a stone in my first eight weeks exactly, so if I could be a stone lighter by my hols I'd be delighted!

I'm loving this new folder thing they give you! The organisation of it all is very exciting! There's no way I can fail when I have my little weight watchers organiser :)

Everyone here is doing amazing. When I see people who've dropped like 3 or 4 stone I'm just totally in awe! Keep up the good work. I'll try to post up a little about my progress here.

Hey there..

Oh 1lbatatime...im delighted for you...so glad your back on track and what a great weight loss..your well on track for the mini goal...keep up the great work :D:D

I feel iv been havin a good week too...really into it and been exercising quite a bit...did have some wine and nibbles last nite but iv enough saved to cover myself i wreckin!!

Trying to finish college assignment...just thought id say hello :D:D

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mulmulcahy

just had the worst weekend ever, had a great time but stuffed my face. had 2 meals out and lots of booze. off on hols next sat and am feeling a bit down now cos of spending 2 weeks trying to resist temptation :( has anyone any tips for hols and has anyone managed to avoid piling on the pounds. would love to get some advise cos im not even looking forward to going at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trying_hard

hey guys, laptop was out of action so have not been able to sharemy news....my good week paid off and i was 6.5lb down!!! i was so thrilled that i didnt even stop in the shop on my way home for my after class treat!!!

have had 2 nights out including meals but have really cut back this week to help 'pay' fro the drink. back to the gym in the morning but actaully looking forwar to it as i feel that this is my time, that i can really do this for me.

hope everybody is having a good weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Karmella

Hi there, I know i said i wasn't going to set foot outide the door but I did go for a few drinks on friday night ... and a couple yesterday .... but i didn't really eat any crap all week so i'm happy enough with my progress. I went for a walk yesterday - first time all week cos I injured myself last week (doh!) and then cycled to the pub and back :) so that should help a bit!!!!

So WI tomorrow and I'm feeling confident, but who knows which way it will go.

Mulmulcahy - I feel your pain I was like that last week but was only up a lb after all the eating and drinking and then I judt made an extra special effort this week. just hoping it will pay off!!! At least if you know you were bad over the week, you'll know why you (might be) up and you can use the following week to get back on track. I think its more frustrating when you've been good and nothing shifts! I am also going on holidays middle of next week so I'm looking for holiday tips too!!

Congrats on the big loss Tryinghard - that was brilliant!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Well I have a very enjoyable weekend but unfortunately maybe not so good for WW. Dinner party in my mates, I drove so drank very little, and tried to keep to eating mainly low fat foods, it was gorgeous by the way, and I strongly believe that if I let my life stop becasue of WW I'll fall completly off the wagon.
    Then on saturday my godsons communion, and again other than a big roll with ham, butter and coleslaw I didn't think I did too bad, and I have a decent enough jump on bouncey castle, then on Sunday my nephews 4th birthday and I really did avoid the worst of it, worst I can think of is the bundie which I put half a pork chop on. Again I went on the bouncy castle.
    WI tomorrow night and we'll see from there, but as my 34th birthday is in 5 weeks time I don't think I'll hit my 12stone mark I had in my head. That's 15 lbs at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hey everyone.

How are you all doing? Hope it was a good weekend. I've been stuck in bed since friday, I have tonsillitis and its getting worse not better! Even though I'm on antibiotics! Finding it really hard to eat, no appetite and it's too painful. Wonder will this affect my WI in a good or bad way!

Dam I hate being sick!

J

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement