Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Just had a slither of a brownie there, my sister seems to be getting in the habit of making them every Wednesday and my WI is Thursday, she's a feeder! I don't feel too bad as I had 3pp left from my dailies and haven't used any of my activity points all week.

Soup had really saved me this week, I was really struggling with being hungry but a bowl with lunch and one before dinner has stopped me snacking and stalking the kitchen cupboards!

Starting to notice a difference in my skin with all the water I have been drinking. I also don't fry anything anymore and eat very few greasy foods so I am chuffed.

Congrats on all the losses! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    Back from WI, down 2lbs :D was hoping for 3.5 to get my 5th silver seven but still really happy! Dont know how you all get such big losses, whats everyones secret? Even when I am really really good its 2 or maybe 3lbs.

Also managed to sneak a look at my goal weight, bloody 9st 9lbs!!!!! OMG like!!! so that is 6 stone 2.5lbs to go til goal, going to try and forget about it and focus on my mini goal, getting to 50lbs lost, ya get a certificate :) so 16.5lbs off my mini goal (33.5lbs lost so far) :)

Thats exactly how i'm doing it! I'm aiming for 60lbs by xmas...i've 16lbs down so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

do they not give you your goal anymore? I haven't been given one, but didn't really think about it cos i know i'm so far away from it............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Dee01 wrote: »
    not a great week for me this week, with plenty of booze and food, but i had my weigh in and i'm down 1.5 today. That brings my total to 11lbs - delighted. I'm off the booze now for a month so i am hoping to have a few really strong weeks. Very impressed with the plan and not feeling at all deprived. Keep up the good work everyone :p

Also, if you fancy something nice with a few points to spare and you're just cooking for one, try this;

10pp per serving

Tuna steak (dry fried 180g) 4pp
    Red Onion
    1 Clove Garlic
    1 Red Chilli (leave in as many seeds as you like)
    2 tbs soy sauce
    1/2 packet of Sherwood Singapore Noodles 6pp

Sprinkle pepper on each side of your tuna steak
    Dry fry your tuna steak and leave aside

Chop your chilli and garlic and put into wok with the soy sauce for 2 mins
    Add red onion and cover and fry for 2/3 mins
    Add noodles and fry for 3 mins

Put noodle mix into a bowl and place the steak on top. YUM YUM :)

What is the tuna steak like? I like tinned tuna but hate most fresh fish. Have only ever liked battered/breadcrumbed cod (like donegal catch)..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Dee01 wrote: »
    do they not give you your goal anymore? I haven't been given one, but didn't really think about it cos i know i'm so far away from it............

They do but I remember when I started that my leader said she is not going to discuss goal with me yet and that I should just focus on it as a week by week basis, but I had a sneaky look at the screen today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Hi all,

My leader text us all today saying that statistically this week of the year is when a large % of people give up on their weight loss efforts.

I was feeling completely demotivated after my horrendous weekend of massive portions, alcohol and not pointing anything.

The damage is done though, WI is tomorrow evening and no matter how much I've put on I'm going to point the hell out of my food for the coming week, only use weeklies if I feel hungry (not just because they're there), and exercise as much as I can.

Keep up the good work everyone and welcome all newbies :)

Well I had my WI this evening and was expecting to be up about 2lbs after my weekend - this is what I had:

Friday:
    Was meeting an ex-colleague for lunch with some other people from work, and then the OH talked me into a bad dinner:
    Lunch: Ham, Cheese & Onion Panini, chips, diet coke
    Dinner: Half large Pizza Hut pizza (ham, pepperoni, cheese, pineapple), diet coke, curly wurly

Saturday:
    Work day out to a Spa and back to a house party
    Breakfast: One of the girls cooked us a fry, had a celebratory glass of Bucks Fizz
    Lunch: toasted ham & cheese sandwich, large glass of wine
    Evening: a mojito, a strawberry daqueri, several HUGE vodkas (with diet coke), lots of milk tray choccies, & a 3-in-1 from the Chinese

Sunday:
    Hungover day
    Breakfast: Another fry (stayed over after the party)
    Lunch: Toast with lots of butter
    Dinnner: Waffles, spaghetti and fish fingers
    Snacks: curly wurly, crackers with nutella

Monday:
    Was good most of the day, then got Chinese for dinner again.

But........
    I WAS DOWN 0.5lbs & reached my first silver 7 !!! SOOOO delighted :) Back to the straight and narrow now, track track track!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Monife wrote: »
    What is the tuna steak like? I like tinned tuna but hate most fresh fish. Have only ever liked battered/breadcrumbed cod (like donegal catch)..

Its not very fishy at all. Its is a much milder flavor and naturally moist version of tinned tuna. I would choose the fresh over the tinned any day. And its cooked in a flash, you only have to cook it for a couple of mins each side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Back from my WI and I'm down 0.5lb. Slightly disappointed because despite having a bad day yesterday I've been very good all week. And to make up for my bad day I went for a 35 min walk last night and then an hour walk this morning. I've also been feeling much slimmer and much better about myself.

Ah well gonna keep at it. I've a wedding on Friday so just gonna ignore that day and be good for the rest of the week.

Well done to everyone who loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hey all,

I've been dreading tonight since last weekend (when I made a complete pig of myself friday, saturday and sunday) and was only up 0.5lb, whoop! I guess all the walking I did helped!

So I'm still only 1lb from my 5th silver 7 so not so bad at all. :)

Going to Westport this wke with the OH so I'm guessing there'll be a few pints had in Matt Molloy's sat night, plus the brekkie in the B&B on sun morn, but if I keep all my weeklies I and some of my dailies I shouldn't be too bad. Lots of walking this week and lots of water - bring it on! I feel like I'm back in the zone!

34lbs gone - 19.5 to go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Crispoholic

Made this tonight, well worth the wait nom nom nom!!!

well done to those who lost keep up the good work :):)
    Yeh d paprika chicken is really yummy and def worth the points :)

Had my weigh in lastnight and i stayed the same i was so mad :( i had been so good all week aaagggghhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

izzy24 wrote: »
    Im really having one of those eveing where i just want to eat everything:(... have 9pp left for day and im only after eating my dinner but still want to eat... Im doing so well dont want to loose my motivation... the last time i did ww wen i got my 1st stone(which i got last nite:D) i gave up and i really dont want it to happen again...

I'm like that all this week. Dunno what's going on. Feel like a proper savage!

found my snack! yom yom yom, I had tonnes of points left today for some reason :S

so for 8pts just had 2 slices of bread(5) 40g of Aldi Linssa light grated cheese(3)
    and a tomato(0)

layered the cheese and tomato on the bread, dash of Worcestershire sauce and popped it under the grill....cant remember last time i had cheese on toast!

quite proud of my self...cos i could have easily decided to spend all 17pp on chocolate biscuits...but i actually went around the kitchen with calculator trying to come up with something "good" to have haha!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Sin a bhfuil

I hit my WW's target tonight at the weigh in. :D

I've lost 2 st 10 lbs (started in Sept). They asked me if I wanted to lose any more, but I decided I've had enough for a while. I'd like to see if I can maintain that weight and then maybe come back and try to lose another 7 lbs. in a month or two.

I didn't find it that hard really. Having loads of little targets is great (like fitting into an old pair of jeans, etc). What I'm dreading now is maintaining my weight!

Anyone got any maintainence experiences they'd like to pass on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ger237

Hi all I'm a returning member of weight watchers. I was a whopping 19st 7 when I joined 3 weeks ago. Put a half a pound on the first week. kind of bizarre,nevertheless stuck with the pro points used more of my 49 and upped my protein. I got my first silver 7 last week, so it's been going well. with regard to the question about goal weights, there was no mention of a goal weight but I've noticed that there is a lot more talk at the meetings about 5% and 10% weight losses. I'm finding this a whole lot better( although I didn't have a good week this week) my goal is so far away it's lost in the mist and the 5% seems so much more achievable.and I think that that's the point. I'm going to do it this time so good luck to me and all my fellow regime changers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Overall i have alot of weight to loose:( but im aiming for 4 stone and den im going back doing the one thing i love but havnt been able to do for a long time, go back horse riding:D... Im taking it one silver seven at a time otherwise i will just seem inpossible... So thats two silver sevens down :D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ger237

I've lost 2 st 10 lbs (started in Sept). They asked me if I wanted to lose any more, but I decided I've had enough for a while. I'd like to see if I can maintain that weight and then maybe come back and try to lose another 7 lbs. in a month or two.

I didn't find it that hard really. Having loads of little targets is great (like fitting into an old pair of jeans, etc). What I'm dreading now is maintaining my weight!

*\0/* Congratulations! Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

tantipie wrote: »
    as far as i know the tesco online only shows up what stock's in the store that deliver to you and doesnt show the stock for all tesco's iykwim. i can never find them either and now Dunnes havent had the ww sausages for weeks either,,

Dunnes in Scotch Hall in Drogheda had the WW sausages last week. They had a whole big display of WW stuff to promote ProPoints. I think the cashier probably thought I was an addict because I bought a loads of it - pizza, choco puds, sticky toffee puds, bread, etc. All the bad stuff that I could eat and not feel bad about it :p Having the pizza tomorrow night after WI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Well done everyone on your great losses!! You must be so happy, well done!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Congratulations on reaching your goal & just in time for the spring & summer so you can show off your new figure! When I restarted in Jan, I had 2st 9lbs to goal. Hopefully I can do as well as you. You're an inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

ger237 wrote: »
    Hi all I'm a returning member of weight watchers. I was a whopping 19st 7 when I joined 3 weeks ago. Put a half a pound on the first week. kind of bizarre,nevertheless stuck with the pro points used more of my 49 and upped my protein. I got my first silver 7 last week, so it's been going well. with regard to the question about goal weights, there was no mention of a goal weight but I've noticed that there is a lot more talk at the meetings about 5% and 10% weight losses. I'm finding this a whole lot better( although I didn't have a good week this week) my goal is so far away it's lost in the mist and the 5% seems so much more achievable.and I think that that's the point. I'm going to do it this time so good luck to me and all my fellow regime changers:)

Good luck. If you stick with it, you can do it. I lost 6 stone about 16/17 years ago. It is so worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

kateos2 wrote: »
    I pointed 100g at 2 points so 300g would be 6. Could be wrong though.
    Wasn't sure about the tinned tomatoes so I just pointed them to be on the safe side.

i pointed 100g as 2pp too but when you multiply it by 3 at the end it gives you 7:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shaz123

hi there,
    I thought tomatoes ( of any kind) were 0 points ?

shaz123 wrote: »
    hi there,
    I thought tomatoes ( of any kind) were 0 points ?

ww.co.uk says 400g can is 0pp

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Well after a week of non stop eating out (had 1 cooked dinner all week & that was 1/2 a pizza!) & way 2 much alcohol Saturday night...can't remember how much I drank to point it, but definitely went over my weeklies & any exercise points I had built up...But I somehow managed 2 stay the same! Delighted I went 2the meeting now!

I'm out saturday night so I planning on saving my weeklies for that & try not to use my exercise points this week. Starting back at my night course next week so don't think I'll make my meetings anymore but this place is better than any meeting:) Have a WW scales that's spot on so will go by that if I can't make it.

Think alot of us found it hard this week but well pull it back next week, just a bump on the journey!

Lady lainey, the thin pizzas are really good points value in Aldi (9-12) per half and delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

shelly_g wrote: »
    I just calculated a Knorr Chicken stock cube

1 PP per cube

I never pointed Stock cubes ...

OXO stock cubes (6g) - 0PP for 1 & 1PP for 2 or 3
    Chicken Stock Cube (10g) - 1PP for 1 or 2 & 2PP for 3

(miss half points at times like these)!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

well done everyone, the pounds are flying off and silver 7's everywhere!! including ME:D:D down 3lbs tonight so got my 3rd silver 7, its really my 4th but I put up 7lbs over xmas but thats gone now whoopeeee! Its been pretty slow for me, think my weight loss goes in 2 week cycles...as long as its going down i dont mind!
    keep up the fantastic work everyone, and keep those recipes coming :D

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey girls, does anyone know roughly how many points are in wedges? I'm not sure of the weight, was a small portion and they were cooked in the oven. Had dinner in work,don't normally,but was starving!

I pointed McCain's wedges for the oven and they were double points of potatoes ie. 200g of potato is 4PP, 100g of the wedges is 4PP.....
    so I just bought wedges seasoning which is 0PP and made from scratch!

Millieboo wrote: »
    I pointed McCain's wedges for the oven and they were double points of potatoes ie. 200g of potato is 4PP, 100g of the wedges is 4PP.....
    so I just bought wedges seasoning which is 0PP and made from scratch!

thats why i gave up having the weight watchers chips! 200g was like 10pp but 400g of potatos was like 8pp!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    ww.co.uk says 400g can is 0pp

Tomatoes and tinned tomatoes are free but was very surprised to see that 2-4 tblsp tomato puree is 1PP!

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    thats why i gave up having the weight watchers chips! 200g was like 10pp but 400g of potatos was like 8pp![/QUOTE

I know ha, I get really mean about my points - "not spending anymore than I have to" ha, even if it means having to cook from scratch!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement