Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

HI ALL. originally my leader stold us that all stock cubes incl of stock pots were 1pp each, then the following wk she informed us that KNORR STOCK CUBES ONLY were 0PP EACH.. WHERE DO YOU GO.... WISH ALL THE LEADERS GOOD GET THE SAME INFO, THATS WHAT THEY ARE GETTING PAID FOR....

WELL DONE ON ALL YOUR LOSSES TODATE..

missed my class this wk as kids on half term so next wk it is....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Millieboo wrote: »
    Tomatoes and tinned tomatoes are free but was very surprised to see that 2-4 tblsp tomato puree is 1PP!

cos thats puree, its not the actual vegetable its self...it was like that article said about fruit i posted on here...fruit is 0pp...but fruit juice has points...

i read somewhere on the uk site, that part of the science in the new system is about how much energy foods give the body and how hard the body has to work to break the foods down....tomatoes are harder to break down than puree...so the tomatoes would be lower..

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    thats why i gave up having the weight watchers chips! 200g was like 10pp but 400g of potatos was like 8pp![/QUOTE

I know ha, I get really mean about my points - "not spending anymore than I have to" ha, even if it means having to cook from scratch!:D

points are like money! I want my moneys worth when it comes to my dinner! not spending 10 quid(pp) on chips when i can make my self for 8 quid (pp)

haha!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Sin a bhfuil

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. For some reason or other I can't post a 'thank you' on your posts.

Tomato Puree would have sugar in it whereas tinned tomatoes don't. When making tomato soup etc. most chefs put a bit of sugar in it to bring out the taste and blunt that bitter taste. (Aldi & Lidl do canned tomatoes (45p) with herbs which are very handy for making soups).

Instead of using sugar, I'd put in a couple of sweet vegetables (such as parsnip, peas) instead.

When buying stock cubes, check out the salt content in them. Knorr is one of the better ones in the cheaper range. Oxo have a lot of salt in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all,well done on the losses today, seems to be silver 7 day today! I went to x factor with work today and am very proud of myself, I ate nothing in there at all, and we went for dinner after and I chose wisely!

Have decided I really need to up my step this week,so gonna get out for a walk everyday,and badly need to plan my dinners. I'm also thinking of just cutting bread out totally this week, to see if it makes a difference, I tend to only have 2 slices a day,but the pp values seem so varied with bread. If I lost a pound next week I'll have lost 5%,so that's my mini goal right now!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I am going to London next week for 4 nights and dreading the thoughts of going off the rails. I have the eating out guide which is fine except the likes of M+S sandwiches etc don't fill me up for very long. And as I don't eat fruit I really don't know how i'm going to cope. Am also going to be on a very tight budget, the purpose of my trip is to attend 4 interviews. So the stress + comfort eating alarm bell is going off in my head. Plus there will be nights out with friends etc. Ughh just dreading it

Oh god i cant wait to make this! I was nearly drooling other day looking at loyd grossmans thai green curry sauce...cos his thai green curry is devine!

So this is going to be heaven! and being saturdy night start of my week I can have a nice BIG portion!

Thai Green Chicken Curry

ProPoints® Value: 9
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 30 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Forget the idea that curries take ages to make. This one cooks in just 30 minutes – and it tastes fantastic

Ingredients
    1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    6 medium Shallots, peeled and sliced
    2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    500 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw, cut into chunks
    5 stem Lemon Grass Stems, very finely chopped (or 2 teaspoon prepared lemongrass)
    2 teaspoons (grated) Ginger, Root, (or 2 teaspoon prepared ‘fresh’ ginger)
    400 ml Coconut Milk, Canned
    1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, dissolved in 150 ml (1/4 pint) hot water
    4 teaspoons Curry Paste, all types, Thai Green Curry Paste, Mild
    2 tablespoons Thai Fish Sauce
    2 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh
    1 teaspoons Salt
    1 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    1 sprig(s) Coriander, Fresh, to garnish

Instructions
    Heat a wok or large frying pan and mist with low fat cooking spray. Add the shallots, garlic and chicken and cook over a medium-high heat for 4 - 5 minutes, or until the chicken is sealed and browned.

Add the lemongrass, ginger, coconut milk, chicken stock and curry paste. Stir in the fish sauce or soy sauce and coriander. Simmer for 20 - 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced a little.

Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with cooked rice or noodles (remembering to add the extra POINTS values), garnished with coriander sprigs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Sin a bhfuil

m'lady, if you want to lose weight, give up bread. I gave it up and I just don't miss it anymore. Bread isn't particularly good for you, so you are not really missing out nutritionally. Far better off eating weetabix/porridge instead of toast.

I use ryvita instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Aghhhhh, just watched back operation transformation to give me some motivation, but i just realised i ate half a jar of nutella while i watched it- only supposed to be a spoonful :(
    Zilch will power here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

So I made this for dinner tonight and served to family - they all raved about it (I was cooking for 3)

450g Chicken Breasts (3)
    90g Extra Light Philly
    Tsp Lemon Juice
    Fresh Basil
    6 slices of Parma Ham (Tesco do pack of 6 slices)

- Mix lemon juice, philly and basil in bowl and stuff into pocket on chicken breast. Wrap each breast in 2 slices of parma ham. Put in oven 170 (fan) for 20 mins.
    - I served with 600g new potatoes which I precooked, boiled for 10 mins, diced them uip and put in oven with spray oil and seasoning for 30 mins. Also lots of green veg (asparagus, sugarsnap peas & mangetout)

Whole thing came to 10PP per person (calculated on recipe builder on ww.co.uk)

Was soooo good, even if i do say so myself:D

• Advertisement

are shallots just another name for white onions?

are shallots just another name for white onions?

Not really because they are much sweeter than small white onions (much nicer in fact!)

Not really because they are much sweeter than small white onions (much nicer in fact!)

thank ya! this cooking completely from scratch is a learning experience! :)

thank ya! this cooking completely from scratch is a learning experience! :)

I know, its amazing how WW has introduced me to loads new foods because before I just always ate the same stuff all the time. I find alot (not all) of the WW recipes are pretty bland and tasteless, so I like to mix them up a bit and add different things. I also love finding full fat recipes that I can substitute different items and make them low in PP. It's alot of work though!!!!

I know, its amazing how WW has introduced me to loads new foods because before I just always ate the same stuff all the time. I find alot (not all) of the WW recipes are pretty bland and tasteless, so I like to mix them up a bit and add different things. I also love finding full fat recipes that I can substitute different items and make them low in PP. It's alot of work though!!!!

but its kinda fun...like my mum looks at me in disbelief when i when i sit down big plate of chicken and potatoes with gravy or spag bol, curries and cottage pie :) but it works! its a balance of portion control and choosing the RIGHT foods :)

Now before i go to bed can anyone tell me where u can find the 0% greek yougart. i can get regular greek yougart but not the 0% one. tried tesco, dunnes and supervalu and still cant find it! All of these stores are the large ones!!! emm.... does it exist:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Seriously well done to everyone here, there are such great losses! It's really an inspiration to keep going cos I know I can get there! Yer all fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

huggiebear wrote: »
    Now before i go to bed can anyone tell me where u can find the 0% greek yougart. i can get regular greek yougart but not the 0% one. tried tesco, dunnes and supervalu and still cant find it! All of these stores are the large ones!!! emm.... does it exist:confused:

Ah Huggiebear, I've given up looking for 0% Greek Yogurt, I don't think it does exist. Our leader says that 0% Natural Yogurt will do the same job. Lidl do a very nice one in a light blue tub (big tub), the Linessa brand. It's very nice and only something like 50c for the tub! Lasts all week :D

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Ah Huggiebear, I've given up looking for 0% Greek Yogurt, I don't think it does exist. Our leader says that 0% Natural Yogurt will do the same job. Lidl do a very nice one in a light blue tub (big tub), the Linessa brand. It's very nice and only something like 50c for the tub! Lasts all week :D

Taught it was just me!! thanks for the Lidl one will get it this wend...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Had WI last night. wasn't able to go last wk. I was down 6lbs :D thats a total of 22lbs since i started in January :D im thrilled. hope i can be good this wk. have my son's Christening on Saturday so it means a meal and some cake but will do loads of exercise to help :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

cos thats puree, its not the actual vegetable its self...it was like that article said about fruit i posted on here...fruit is 0pp...but fruit juice has points...

i read somewhere on the uk site, that part of the science in the new system is about how much energy foods give the body and how hard the body has to work to break the foods down....tomatoes are harder to break down than puree...so the tomatoes would be lower..

Had my weigh in lastnight and i only lost 1/2 a pound i was so mad frown.gif i had been so good all week aaagggghhhh :mad:

my leader told me last night that only 100g of tinned tomatoes are free anything more than this has to be pointed but in the book its says all tomatoes are free so i'm a little confused to say the least :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Just a random question, what kind of exercise are people doing,and how much? I am finding it hard to fit in my walks everyday with work,child etc,but try do it every second day,but I think I need to increase it,I'm hoping to join the gym soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

dammitj wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've been dreading tonight since last weekend (when I made a complete pig of myself friday, saturday and sunday) and was only up 0.5lb, whoop! I guess all the walking I did helped!

So I'm still only 1lb from my 5th silver 7 so not so bad at all. :)

Going to Westport this wke with the OH so I'm guessing there'll be a few pints had in Matt Molloy's sat night, plus the brekkie in the B&B on sun morn, but if I keep all my weeklies I and some of my dailies I shouldn't be too bad. Lots of walking this week and lots of water - bring it on! I feel like I'm back in the zone!

34lbs gone - 19.5 to go :)
    hey, woohoo well done see not as bad as you thought and youll defo lose the one or more this week!! loads of walking is defo the key and gallons of water!!

i was in shock when the STAYED THE SAME!!!! :-)

was so happy yest wasnt up slightly disappointed i didnt get the 3rd silver 7.....but like you im soo back in the zone now and that bloody 2.5 pounds is going this week!!

i have a night out sat but just going to stick to the bulmers light and resist the after hours food!!

i won a gym membership few weeks ago and staring next thurs...they have this 6 week program and going to aim to lose 1/2 stone on that and then ill be only bleedin gorgeous, skinny and toned for the summer(fingers crossed!!)

when i'm in college I try to do 4 sessions of 40 - 60 mins walking on treadmill a week, thursdays - Sundays, rest of the week my days are just too long in college.

irishfm wrote: »
    Had my weigh in lastnight and i only lost 1/2 a pound i was so mad frown.gif i had been so good all week aaagggghhhh :mad:

my leader told me last night that only 100g of tinned tomatoes are free anything more than this has to be pointed but in the book its says all tomatoes are free so i'm a little confused to say the least :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    dont worry half a pound is still brilliant and in the right direction!!

if you stick to what you were doing you will defo see a big lose next week but i know all too well its easy to get dishearted about and just wanna eat!!

its not just about the weight loss but if you feel better in general after eating better.....i soo dont miss the bloated feeling or tight trousers on my stomach!!

ger237 wrote: »
    *\0/* Congratulations! Well done!
    well done!!! thats amazing!!
    defo just try and maintain and probably when your not as focused ona lose every week, it will prob come off without even knowing!!

just wondering did you get your gold card last night and will be feee next week or there conditions to it??

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    hey, woohoo well done see not as bad as you thought and youll defo lose the one or more this week!! loads of walking is defo the key and gallons of water!!

i was in shock when the STAYED THE SAME!!!! :-)

was so happy yest wasnt up slightly disappointed i didnt get the 3rd silver 7.....but like you im soo back in the zone now and that bloody 2.5 pounds is going this week!!

i have a night out sat but just going to stick to the bulmers light and resist the after hours food!!

i won a gym membership few weeks ago and staring next thurs...they have this 6 week program and going to aim to lose 1/2 stone on that and then ill be only bleedin gorgeous, skinny and toned for the summer(fingers crossed!!)

Ah that's great missus, well done!
    I am SO in the zone with ya now! Gonna be as good as I possibly can for the next week and try to get at least that pound off!

I'm good for going out walking and sticking to my pp (during the week) but the thing I'm bad at is drinking water. I just hate it. I bought no added sugar Robinsons last week and try to drink some of that in the evenings but it's still a struggle!!

I'm going to be bad on saturday night as myself and the OH are headed to Westport, but I'd say we'll get some walking in so that should help!

Well done us! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

if you stick to what you were doing you will defo see a big lose next week but i know all too well its easy to get dishearted about and just wanna eat!!

its not just about the weight loss but if you feel better in general after eating better.....i soo dont miss the bloated feeling or tight trousers on my stomach!!

Ah thanks Dubgirl, ah i know at least its coming off i just wanted it to be more i suppose :D next week defo or i'll slap my leader

definitely! for me its not just about looking better. i want to feel better...my skin is brighter and less spots, my hair is shinier, my sleeping is better, my confidence is growing ever so slightly...

My aunts and cousins i think have totally given up on me ever losing the weight...and its only NOW i think my mum is starting to believe in me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 truegas

hello everyone had the wrost week on diet not going 2nite to ww:mad: couldnt face and be told im up out sat nite for meal and sunday away mon eat junk all day bad tue and was out last nite at the field n castlebar was good back on track 2day hopefully had time of month this week that didnt help i walked every day and went on vibroplate half hour every day every one doing good would love 2 stone off n may

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement