Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

m'lady wrote: »
    Just a random question, what kind of exercise are people doing,and how much? I am finding it hard to fit in my walks everyday with work,child etc,but try do it every second day,but I think I need to increase it,I'm hoping to join the gym soon.

Hi m'lady, i do 2 spinning classes a week and have a treadmill that I try to do 30 mins everyday,( almost ) gonna try a boxercise class tonight...I'm wrecked!!!
    its easy for me as I dont have kids, but something you could try is an exercise dvd, davina mccall's are really good and cheap as chips on amazon, the kids could get involved jumping around the sitting room, some of them are only half an hour, lenght of a friends episode!! the point of exercise is doing more moving than you normally would, even if it is climbing the staris or fast hoovering! before yo uknow it it will be part of your daily routine, and its addictive!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

dammitj wrote: »
    Ah that's great missus, well done!
    I am SO in the zone with ya now! Gonna be as good as I possibly can for the next week and try to get at least that pound off!

I'm good for going out walking and sticking to my pp (during the week) but the thing I'm bad at is drinking water. I just hate it. I bought no added sugar Robinsons last week and try to drink some of that in the evenings but it's still a struggle!!

I'm going to be bad on saturday night as myself and the OH are headed to Westport, but I'd say we'll get some walking in so that should help!

Well done us! :D

Try a little bit of warm water in with the robinsons kinda make it half and half with warm water and cold water....just makes it easier to drink

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

dammitj wrote: »
    Ah that's great missus, well done!
    I am SO in the zone with ya now! Gonna be as good as I possibly can for the next week and try to get at least that pound off!

I'm good for going out walking and sticking to my pp (during the week) but the thing I'm bad at is drinking water. I just hate it. I bought no added sugar Robinsons last week and try to drink some of that in the evenings but it's still a struggle!!

I'm going to be bad on saturday night as myself and the OH are headed to Westport, but I'd say we'll get some walking in so that should help!

Well done us! :D
    aww thanks!!

yeah drag the OH for a trek around westport, always good to see a part of a town you normally cant see for the pub haha!!

the water can be a hard one....i just get soo sick of having to pop to the loo in work or when i start my evening walk im literally bursting for the whole time!! but i have stopped drinking diet coke as i have a slight addiction to it and convinced it makes me crave junk and makes me soo bloated too so water is my only other option a snot mad for coffee or tea either!! i give myself a hour to drink a bottle at my desk in morn and afternoon, then cant have dinner to till i have another bottle haha!!

truegas wrote: »
    hello everyone had the wrost week on diet not going 2nite to ww:mad: couldnt face and be told im up out sat nite for meal and sunday away mon eat junk all day bad tue and was out last nite at the field n castlebar was good back on track 2day hopefully had time of month this week that didnt help i walked every day and went on vibroplate half hour every day every one doing good would love 2 stone off n may
    so gooooo to your class im telling you makes such a difference, i have been in ww on and off for years and this is the first time i have never skipped a class and its the first time i have lost weight and kept it off!!

i had a really bad week last week and ate out loads but stayed the same, you have done loads of exercise so you just never know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

hi ladies, I made pancakes last night, anyone any idea how to point them?? 125g plain flour, 1 egg and half pint of skim milk?
    I wont tell you what filling I put in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi all. Was delighted at weigh in last night. Down 5 lbs. (First week back on track) Thrilled, came home full of the joys. But this morning, starting back into another week I feel very flat.:confused:

Anyone got some motivating ideas????

Finding the Propoints V good. Loving the safety net of the weekly points.

Keep well all and have a great week. I am sure I will find my mojo after a walk with the kiddies.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Just a random question, what kind of exercise are people doing,and how much? I am finding it hard to fit in my walks everyday with work,child etc,but try do it every second day,but I think I need to increase it,I'm hoping to join the gym soon.

Years ago I bought a step machine from one of those commercials on telly and it spends most of its time gathering dust but this week I brought it out. 20-30 mins on that going at a medium to fast pace gets me really sweating.

My best friend is a personal trainer + gym owner (makes me sick!) and he says a balanced diet and getting sweaty for 30 mins 3-4 times a week is the key to losing weight, the way most of us hate ha ha! Anyway I like the step machine because I can do it in privacy in my room, stick on a CD and the time flies by. You would get a reasonable one on Ebay. Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Stepper-Lateral-Thigh-Trainer-Adjustable-Resistance-/180629113411?pt=UK_SportLeisure_ExerciseFitness_StepMachinesSteppers_JN&hash=item2a0e558a43#ht_500wt_1156

Thats brillaint Lainy!!

as long as you believe in yourself that is all that matters and added bonus that your mother sees how determined you are!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Dee01 wrote: »
    Its not very fishy at all. Its is a much milder flavor and naturally moist version of tinned tuna. I would choose the fresh over the tinned any day. And its cooked in a flash, you only have to cook it for a couple of mins each side.

Love tuna steak, I love fish in general but I know people who are not big fish eaters and love the tuna steak as the texture appeals to them (more meat like). Hake is my favourite fish, yummy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Hi all, just RE-joined this week and I think I've just about got my head around the new system. I have just two questions:

1. Small tins of tuna - I have seen them pointed as 1pp and 2pp on Boards.ie. The book says 2pp. Anyone know for sure?

2. Does anyone, for sure, know of any bottled lager (330ml) for 3 points? I've read through ALL the WW thread, the SHOP book and the EATING OUT book and still can't get a definite answer. Since I like to guzzle, this is important!

Well done everyone on doing so well - I hope I can do just as well (20lbs lost last year, 2.5 more stone to lose).

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    aww thanks!!

yeah drag the OH for a trek around westport, always good to see a part of a town you normally cant see for the pub haha!!

the water can be a hard one....i just get soo sick of having to pop to the loo in work or when i start my evening walk im literally bursting for the whole time!! but i have stopped drinking diet coke as i have a slight addiction to it and convinced it makes me crave junk and makes me soo bloated too so water is my only other option a snot mad for coffee or tea either!! i give myself a hour to drink a bottle at my desk in morn and afternoon, then cant have dinner to till i have another bottle haha!!

Yeah I used to drink a lot of 7up free but I'm trying not to.
    Plus I'm not drinking tea in the evenings (even though I love it) as my sleeping is all messed up since I quit smoking.

I'm the same with the loo, that's so funny!
    I'm a bit of a distance from it too so it's such an effort to be popping in and out the whole time. I usually try to walk for about an hour in the evening, just down into the village to the seashore and back up again, but by the time I get home I'm bursting the door down to get to the loo!! :p

hubba wrote: »
    Hi all, just RE-joined this week and I think I've just about got my head around the new system. I have just two questions:

1. Small tins of tuna - I have seen them pointed as 1pp and 2pp on Boards.ie. The book says 2pp. Anyone know for sure?

2. Does anyone, for sure, know of any bottled lager (330ml) for 3 points? I've read through ALL the WW thread, the SHOP book and the EATING OUT book and still can't get a definite answer. Since I like to guzzle, this is important!

Well done everyone on doing so well - I hope I can do just as well (20lbs lost last year, 2.5 more stone to lose).

Thanks

alcohol is kinda hard to point cos of the alcohol content....what lager is it?
    Try laying off the booze as much as you can....its only going to hinder you...beers/ciders/lagers are kinda the big ones to watch...

tuna....depends if its in brine or sauce or oil ect...

I hit my WW's target tonight at the weigh in. :D

I've lost 2 st 10 lbs (started in Sept). They asked me if I wanted to lose any more, but I decided I've had enough for a while. I'd like to see if I can maintain that weight and then maybe come back and try to lose another 7 lbs. in a month or two.

I didn't find it that hard really. Having loads of little targets is great (like fitting into an old pair of jeans, etc). What I'm dreading now is maintaining my weight!

Anyone got any maintainence experiences they'd like to pass on?

You will find it very easy, especially on the pro-points. I've been eating all 29 daily, 49 weekly and activity points and some weeks still lose a pound, have stayed the same with no effort at all, in actual fact feel I've put on a couple and then go to WI and it's great, sts. I think the key is to still focus on portions, making good choices without being obsessive, keep up the exercise, eat lots of fruit and veg, still keep the habits that worked for you whilst losing your weight, ie: soup or salads etc. It's all about habit!!

Certainly what works for me is still going to WI most weeks. I would say that is the single best thing I do. Of course, enjoyable clothes shopping helps no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    alcohol is kinda hard to point cos of the alcohol content....what lager is it?
    Try laying off the booze as much as you can....its only going to hinder you...beers/ciders/lagers are kinda the big ones to watch...

tuna....depends if its in brine or sauce or oil ect...

Thanks Lainey,

I am just looking for ANY lager with 3ppts or less. I'm not fussy. :)

On the tuna, I'm talking typical John West tuna in brine.

hubba wrote: »
    Thanks Lainey,

I am just looking for ANY lager with 3ppts or less. I'm not fussy. :)

On the tuna, I'm talking typical John West tuna in brine.

coors light is 3pp per bottle(275ml) but thats more of a beer i think....im a spirit drinker...i dont know if beer and lager are same thing LOL

65g John West Tuna Chunks in Brine is 2pp (ww.co.uk)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

since joining ww last july i havent done any exercise!!!!but as i'm getting closer to goal im trying to do some walking. so past 2 weeks i've done 45 mins about 3 times a week

m'lady, if you want to lose weight, give up bread. I gave it up and I just don't miss it anymore. Bread isn't particularly good for you, so you are not really missing out nutritionally. Far better off eating weetabix/porridge instead of toast.

I use ryvita instead.

I really wound't recommend cutting anything out of your diet. The long term aim here is what counts and you have to live your life, it's much easier to learn to limit portions and make better choices rather than cutting things out completely. I'd hate to think I could only eat Ryvita for ever more, although I agree, love porridge for my breakfast now but if my lunch didn't involve bread of some type I'd be picking all afternoon..

i thought coors light was 4pp:D that means i've been under drinking my weekly points;)

tantipie wrote: »
    i thought coors light was 4pp:D that means i've been under drinking my weekly points;)

I'm just going by whats on the uk site! I gutted my favourite drink Kopperberg is 8pp per pint! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm just going by whats on the uk site! I gutted my favourite drink Kopperberg is 8pp per pint! :O

I was so disappointed by Kopperberg too. Although, if I'm just staying at home, you can get a pack of 12 small cans (330ml) in tesco for €10, so I'd have one or two of them instead of having a few normal cans/bottles!

• Advertisement

the RTE guide has a weight watcher section again this week..no success stories just all receipes:D

kateos2 wrote: »
    I was so disappointed by Kopperberg too. Although, if I'm just staying at home, you can get a pack of 12 small cans (330ml) in tesco for €10, so I'd have one or two of them instead of having a few normal cans/bottles!

I'm really bold. i have a kopperberg pint glass in the press.....i innocently took one home from the pub one night....I'd get the cans and fill the pint glass :P haha

Right...time to get my ass away from the laptop....told my self i was doing college work this morning....i've typed approx 4 words of college work haha!

if i aint doing college work....going to do some weight watchers work!....45 mins on treadmill and 15 mins wii sports (the wii really does work)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Does anyone know what drink they sell in the O2 am going to see Usher on sat night and wanted to have a drink but Ive no clue what they sell would like to have an idea in my head beforehand iykwim

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what drink they sell in the O2 am going to see Usher on sat night and wanted to have a drink but Ive no clue what they sell would like to have an idea in my head beforehand iykwim

plastic pints of beer at like 5 or 6 euro a pint! When i went to the ambassador it was heiniken

Layla0509 wrote: »

They have a full bar now, spirits, wine, some beers on draft (think Carlsberg/Heineken) & Guinness, but sell bottle beers now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Just back from WI and managed to lose a pound, had a bad week and didnt get back on track until tuesday morning, wasnt expecting a loss but said I would go to the meeting regardless and keep at it telling myself that I coould kind of ignore the result on scales, not lose heart and kind of have 9 days of tracking towards next thurdays WI, should have had more faith in myself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

coors light is 3pp per bottle(275ml) but thats more of a beer i think....im a spirit drinker...i dont know if beer and lager are same thing LOL

65g John West Tuna Chunks in Brine is 2pp (ww.co.uk)

Coors light normally comes in 330ml in a pub so they are 4pp its stated in the book as this also..! People assume because its coors its lighter than other largers it is not. My leader said the alcohol content is the very same in Coors as Bud/Heineken etc so all bottled larger is 4 pp per bottle (330mls)

Hope this helps !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

coors light is 3pp per bottle(275ml) but thats more of a beer i thinkQUOTE]

The bottles sold in Pubs etc are more than 275ml and are therefore 4 pps as far as I know..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My leader said the alcohol content is the very same in Coors as Bud/Heineken etc so all bottled larger is 4 pp per bottle (330mls)
    It can be higher/lower in points even at the same %. Alcohol is particularly confusing, WW seem to be keeping the forumla secret which is certainly not helping -I think its a disgrace myself.

For some reason (I have yet to hear a rational reason why) alcohol companies do not need to declare ingredients nor nutritional information on their products. But you can get it for some and could calculate points, if they let the forumla be known.

Coors and coors light might be the same %, however coors light is fermented out to almost completion, i.e. there is almost no sugar left. So the coors has more calories/points than coors light, just like sweet wine and dry wine are different points at the same %.

If you drink 8 bottles this is what you should calculate, DO NOT mulitply up the 330ml figure by 8 as you get rounding errors.

e.g. a shot glass of coors is so low in points it is probably rounded to zero points, this does not mean 160shots of coors (10 pints) is zero points!

There is certainly quite a difference between coors light and heineken, I have seen both of their nutritional values before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

our leader said that coors light was 4pp but that bud lite is 3pp. unfortunately a lot of the pubs around here don't sell bud lite:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement