Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Chicken Roulades 6pp/portion
    Serves 2

2 breasts of chicken
    75g low fat soft cheese
    1 tbsp chopped chives
    ½ tsp Dijon mustard
    1 tsp sun dried tomato puree
    Low fat cooking spray

• Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180C/Fan oven 160C. line a baking tray with non stick baking parchment
    • Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper and using the flat end of a rolling pin, hammer them out gently to about 1cm thick. Peel away the greaseproof paper and lay the breasts flat on a clean work service.
    • Beat together the soft cheese, chives, mustard and sundried tomato puree and spread equal amounts of this mixture over each chicken breast. Loosely roll up the breasts from the narrow end, enclosing the filling, and secure with 1 or 2 cocktail sticks.
    • Place the chicken rolls on the backing tray and spray with the cooking spray. Bake for 25 mins.
    • To serve, remove the cocktail sticks. Slice each breast into into rings. Serve with your choice of fresh vegetables.

Crepe Suzette 6pp/portion
    Serves 2

50g plain flour
    Pinch of salt
    150ml skimmed milk
    1 egg
    Low fat cooking spray

Grated zest and juice of an orange
    1tsp caster sugar
    15g low fat spread
    1tbsp orange liqueur or brandy

• Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Add half the milk and the egg and beat until smooth. Stir in the rest of the milk and leave to stand for 15 mins.
    • Heat a small non stick frying pan and spray with the cooking spray. Ladle in enough batter to just cover the base of the pan when you swirl it around.
    • Fry until golden on the underside and then flip. Slide out of the pan and keep warm.
    • To make the sauce, heat the orange zest and the juice and the sugar in the frying pan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, then add the low fat spread and whisk. Fold the pancakes into 1/4s and add to the pan one by one, turning in the sauce and pushing to one side to fit the next in. just before serving add the liqueur and ignite.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Miller is 5pp per bottle:eek: so dont believe that all 330ml bottles are the same in pp they aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mcb81 wrote: »
    our leader said that coors light was 4pp but that bud lite is 3pp. unfortunately a lot of the pubs around here don't sell bud lite:(
    This might be true, but it is definitely a case of dodgy rounding. e.g. coors light might be 3.5001 points, and bud might be 3.4999points, and so one is rounded up to 4 and one down to 3. They have got rid of half points which is a major problem with alcohol, they have quoted a very uncommon portion size, unless you really do just have one.

Saying 4 vs 3 might lead people to think coors has ~33% more calories/points per bottle, and there is no way this is the case. I brewed beer for years, I have read up loads about it, there is nothing magical you can do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey Everyone :)

Busy thread over the last few days I must admit i've not read about 7 or so pages of posts aplogies! Congrats on all the losses everyone

So had my WI this morning (one day early) and I'm down 1.5lbs so absolutely thrilled! :D I had a very bold weekend (like nearly everyone else) and lets just say I spent my weeklies and more on alcohol on Saturday, I was so ill on sunday (Jesus not drank that much in years WTF happened I dunno!) that i didn't binge on crap I actually only mangaged about 25 points that day and most of that was down to toast, soup and 3 packets of velvet crunch to help with the munchies feeling hangovers bring.

I relaxed way more in the last 6 days I still track track tracked but I was working offsite and did experiment with things for lunch I could have any free soup so I mostly bought salads and things in M&S which were easy to point and alot of Veggie Sushi (thats only 6pp by the way and there's this LOVELY Count on us Butternut squash, houmous and cous cous salad with greens which is very very filling and also 6pp)

So I'm in Berlin at the moment got in at about 10am and well I wanted to be prepared so I know I can share my nutty ways with ye without getting judged!

I packed my own snacks ie 6 packs of Velvet crunch, 5 curly wurlys, some treat size malteasers, treatsize carmel bars.

Then when we got to the hotel I saw Lidl was across the road and I hightailed it across and stocked up on some ryvita style crackers, loads of fruit ,water and diet pepsi as well as some lovely sliced ham, Low fat Emmental (sp?) cheese lettuce and tomatos! I've stashed all in the mini bar fridge and I'm hoping this will help me stay on track somewhat while over here. I had some for lunch while the OH and 2 of our guy friends went to some burger place and we're all meeting up for a big dinner tonight about 6 o clock so hopefully I can manage to not snack except for a banana and apple till then|!

I'm here till Monday night and while I know we're going to go out alot for dinner (lots of our friends are meeting us here for the weekend) if I can avoid eating crap at every meal I'll be happy and with all the walking hopefully i'll burn off some of the additional pp i'm sure to consume! :D

Keep up the good work everyone and here's to another loss next week!

PS I'm so thrilled to be in the 12's at last!!! 8.5lbs down since Jan 21st!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Sin a bhfuil

dammitj wrote: »
    Ah that's great missus, well done!
    I am SO in the zone with ya now! Gonna be as good as I possibly can for the next week and try to get at least that pound off!

I'm good for going out walking and sticking to my pp (during the week) but the thing I'm bad at is drinking water. I just hate it. I bought no added sugar Robinsons last week and try to drink some of that in the evenings but it's still a struggle!!

I'm going to be bad on saturday night as myself and the OH are headed to Westport, but I'd say we'll get some walking in so that should help!

Well done us! :D

I was like that as well. I hated drinking water. But its really important and now I just do it. You will find your hair, skin improves with it. Try spreading your water intake out - glass when you get up, glass at when you get to work, etc. etc. A good plan as well is to drink a couple of glasses about 20 mins before you eat - it fills you up and you won't be so hungry.

A lot of the time when you think you are hungry, you are actually thirsty.

I'd avoid stuff like Robinsons - too many additives.

Try something like Green Tea which helps stimulate weightloss as well.

http://greenweightlosstea.com/weight-loss-tea-studies.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Well Done to everyone who lost!! Fair play!

Tonight I am going to X FACTOR.... I have decided to make my homemade chicken curry that I have been making for yrs! But can anyone tell me the points in it please?

3 skinless chicken fillets (diced)
    2 oxo beef stock cubes
    2 onions, about 8 mushrooms
    2 tablespoons of hot curry powder (swartz)
    2 tins of chopped tomatoes
    2 or 3 medium size potatoes, chopped (not tiny pieces)

this is done in the slow cooker for bout 6hrs! plus rice, basmati brown!

Today I had a pear and 2 WW wraps with turkey, WW mayo, onion, lettuce and low low grated cheese oh and a packet of Skips!

Im sooooo fat lol but i wont be having nething at x factor, just a bottle of water throughout the day... so Im hoping what I am eating today is ok and within my daily points of 38...

If anyone can help and its not too much trouble I would appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I was like that as well. I hated drinking water. But its really important and now I just do it. You will find your hair, skin improves with it. Try spreading your water intake out - glass when you get up, glass at when you get to work, etc. etc. A good plan as well is to drink a couple of glasses about 20 mins before you eat - it fills you up and you won't be so hungry.

A lot of the time when you think you are hungry, you are actually thirsty.

I'd avoid stuff like Robinsons - too many additives.

Try something like Green Tea which helps stimulate weightloss as well.

http://greenweightlosstea.com/weight-loss-tea-studies.html

I try to drink over the course of the day in little sips as otherwise there's no point.
    Unfortunately I hate any tea that's not just standard tea, and it's a pity really as there are so many of them out there. I've tried peppermint and chamomile and whatever and just can't like them no matter how hard I try!

I will continue trying to sip at the water and running to the loo as I know my body will get used to it eventually.

The thing is, apparently it doesn't actually matter whether you drink water or tea, it's the fluids that you need in your system. I don't want to undo what everyone's been saying about water, and I am trying to drink more of it myself, but there has been research done to prove that it doesn't matter if you drink water or tea or coffee, as long as you're getting the fluids into you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Just back from WI and managed to lose a pound, had a bad week and didnt get back on track until tuesday morning, wasnt expecting a loss but said I would go to the meeting regardless and keep at it telling myself that I coould kind of ignore the result on scales, not lose heart and kind of have 9 days of tracking towards next thurdays WI, should have had more faith in myself!!!

That's great, it's always worth going, definitely limits the damage and with a bit of luck as you have found, no damage actually done.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone :)

Busy thread over the last few days I must admit i've not read about 7 or so pages of posts aplogies! Congrats on all the losses everyone

So had my WI this morning (one day early) and I'm down 1.5lbs so absolutely thrilled! :D I had a very bold weekend (like nearly everyone else) and lets just say I spent my weeklies and more on alcohol on Saturday, I was so ill on sunday (Jesus not drank that much in years WTF happened I dunno!) that i didn't binge on crap I actually only mangaged about 25 points that day and most of that was down to toast, soup and 3 packets of velvet crunch to help with the munchies feeling hangovers bring.

I relaxed way more in the last 6 days I still track track tracked but I was working offsite and did experiment with things for lunch I could have any free soup so I mostly bought salads and things in M&S which were easy to point and alot of Veggie Sushi (thats only 6pp by the way and there's this LOVELY Count on us Butternut squash, houmous and cous cous salad with greens which is very very filling and also 6pp)

So I'm in Berlin at the moment got in at about 10am and well I wanted to be prepared so I know I can share my nutty ways with ye without getting judged!

I packed my own snacks ie 6 packs of Velvet crunch, 5 curly wurlys, some treat size malteasers, treatsize carmel bars.

Then when we got to the hotel I saw Lidl was across the road and I hightailed it across and stocked up on some ryvita style crackers, loads of fruit ,water and diet pepsi as well as some lovely sliced ham, Low fat Emmental (sp?) cheese lettuce and tomatos! I've stashed all in the mini bar fridge and I'm hoping this will help me stay on track somewhat while over here. I had some for lunch while the OH and 2 of our guy friends went to some burger place and we're all meeting up for a big dinner tonight about 6 o clock so hopefully I can manage to not snack except for a banana and apple till then|!

I'm here till Monday night and while I know we're going to go out alot for dinner (lots of our friends are meeting us here for the weekend) if I can avoid eating crap at every meal I'll be happy and with all the walking hopefully i'll burn off some of the additional pp i'm sure to consume! :D

Keep up the good work everyone and here's to another loss next week!

PS I'm so thrilled to be in the 12's at last!!! 8.5lbs down since Jan 21st!

Hey I was in Berlin 2 weeks ago it was fab... Go to a pub called " the pub" its in Alexander Platz! Its good there! Enjoy ur few days ur feet will be walked off ya so even if u eat "bad" it will be undone by the walking and go to Berlin Zoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hey I was in Berlin 2 weeks ago it was fab... Go to a pub called " the pub" its in Alexander Platz! Its good there! Enjoy ur few days ur feet will be walked off ya so even if u eat "bad" it will be undone by the walking and go to Berlin Zoo!!!

Aw it's such a lovely zoo. Lots of walking to get round it too!

Went to the zoo in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't recommend it.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Kay_80 wrote: »

Well done on the weight loss & have a great holiday. You're very wise stocking up on all the low fat stuff. I did the same last week in France & I lost 3lbs (over 2 weeks). Hope it works as well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

You have GOT to have a currywurst. Never mind the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Hi guys,

Everyone here is doing so well, there are so many great receipe tips - love it!

I originally joined WW in 2008, at the time I lost 25lbs and felt brilliant - I had been maintaining my weight until a total blowout at xmas (oopsy :O!!) and I put on half a stone.

I have been so used to the Points system but I decided to go back to WW 3 weeks ago, and like everyone else have been trying to get to grips with it!!I started off at 9st 10lb and overall after being up..then down...then up (while sticking to the plan ...bar one bad wknd for my bday :D!), I have'nt made much progress.

I have 10lbs to loose, I know it isnt a whole lot, but for some reason I cant seem to get the results. Usually I have weetabix + WW bread for breakie, No points soup for lunch, snack on fruit and Velvet crunch during the day...and would have a veggie stir fry/ chicken etc for dins, with a bit of choc every eve, I have a seriously sweet tooth, could be the root of my probs :L. Although, mostly i do use my 29 pp each day, some days I dont, and I usually only dip into half my weeklies. I also try to walk and jog at least 3-4 times a week for 30 mins....

My leader has suggested may be it's slow to come off as I dont use all my dailies and my weeklies each week, although I dont see the sense in eating for the sake of using them when your already full to the gills....has anyone experienced this? May be I am gone into starvation mode unknown to myself :L!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I try to drink over the course of the day in little sips as otherwise there's no point.
    Unfortunately I hate any tea that's not just standard tea, and it's a pity really as there are so many of them out there. I've tried peppermint and chamomile and whatever and just can't like them no matter how hard I try!

I will continue trying to sip at the water and running to the loo as I know my body will get used to it eventually.

The thing is, apparently it doesn't actually matter whether you drink water or tea, it's the fluids that you need in your system. I don't want to undo what everyone's been saying about water, and I am trying to drink more of it myself, but there has been research done to prove that it doesn't matter if you drink water or tea or coffee, as long as you're getting the fluids into you!

Yes...but the "fluids" they speak of IS WATER...the caffeine will just send the water straight out of your body...so you'd have to drink EVEN more "fluids" to compensate....like the recommended intake is 8 glasses a day....the sugar free sqush/dilute drinks best option...i dont care what additives are in it....the benefits of drinking the water out do the "additives" 100 times fold for me.

i hated drinking water....i was total diet coke addict...but now if i dont get my 2 litres in.....i feel like ****e for the day!

Green tea is horrible vial stuff!

3 pints of water is pretty close to the 2 liters....one in the morning, one at lunch ,one BEFORE dinner...you'll soon develop a "natural thirst"

Aw it's such a lovely zoo. Lots of walking to get round it too!

Went to the zoo in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't recommend it.

:(

yeah i'm studying all that in college animal management...i've heard ALOT of bad stories about the place :(

UGH! have to to go to my cousins place Saturday night for dinner....spanish cousins....everything fried and drenched in olive oil. Hoping to god they do fish!
    lesser of the evils! It's going to be IMPOSSIBLE to point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 snowflakebride

Hi All

Had WI last night and stayed the same for 2nd week in a row . My leader says i need to "shock" my body back into action.

Im flaking the water into me today - and determined to be down 2lbs next week !!
    The only good thing is that I'm still on track with my goal of 1lb loss a week so I'm fairly happy with that !

Have a great week everyone and rememebere to track track track ....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Hi All

Had WI last night and stayed the same for 2nd week in a row . My leader says i need to "shock" my body back into action.

Im flaking the water into me today - and determined to be down 2lbs next week !!
    The only good thing is that I'm still on track with my goal of 1lb loss a week so I'm fairly happy with that !

Have a great week everyone and rememebere to track track track ....:D

Good on you, I know how hard it is to stay on track and motivated when you STS, specially for 2 weeks! You doing much exercise? Do you eat your weeklies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 snowflakebride

Millieboo wrote: »
    Good on you, I know how hard it is to stay on track and motivated when you STS, specially for 2 weeks! You doing much exercise? Do you eat your weeklies?

To be honest I'm not great at the excercise, but either way I never include the activity points I just count the excercise as a bonus.
    I rarely use the weekly points But maybe that just because I havent really been out over the last while and I'm not a big drinker at the best of times.

I have just signed up to be on the relay team for the Marathon so I cant wait to get stuck into the training - it may be the boost I need !

Well Done to everyone who lost!! Fair play!

Tonight I am going to X FACTOR.... I have decided to make my homemade chicken curry that I have been making for yrs! But can anyone tell me the points in it please?

3 skinless chicken fillets (diced)
    2 oxo beef stock cubes
    2 onions, about 8 mushrooms
    2 tablespoons of hot curry powder (swartz)
    2 tins of chopped tomatoes
    2 or 3 medium size potatoes, chopped (not tiny pieces)

this is done in the slow cooker for bout 6hrs! plus rice, basmati brown!

Today I had a pear and 2 WW wraps with turkey, WW mayo, onion, lettuce and low low grated cheese oh and a packet of Skips!

Im sooooo fat lol but i wont be having nething at x factor, just a bottle of water throughout the day... so Im hoping what I am eating today is ok and within my daily points of 38...

If anyone can help and its not too much trouble I would appreciate it!

3 skinless chicken fillets (diced) - @ 165g each 12PP
    2 oxo beef stock cubes - 1PP
    2 onions, about 8 mushrooms - 0PP
    2 tablespoons of hot curry powder (swartz) - 2PP
    2 tins of chopped tomatoes - 0PP
    2 or 3 medium size potatoes, chopped (not tiny pieces) - 1PP per 50g

Don't forget your rice is extra - Brown Basmati 60g is 5PP :D

To be honest I'm not great at the excercise, but either way I never include the activity points I just count the excercise as a bonus.
    I rarely use the weekly points But maybe that just because I havent really been out over the last while and I'm not a big drinker at the best of times.

I have just signed up to be on the relay team for the Marathon so I cant wait to get stuck into the training - it may be the boost I need !

Def specially if you're not a big exerciser (?), will give your body that shock it needs. I hate exercise but I cannot deny the fact that I have my best losses in the weeks where I get my a$$ on the treadmill 4/5 times a week!

• Advertisement

mcb81 wrote: »
    our leader said that coors light was 4pp but that bud lite is 3pp. unfortunately a lot of the pubs around here don't sell bud lite:(

3 bottles (330ml) of Coors light is 11PP if that helps anyone? (although 6 is 23)!
    Can you tell I like a drink?:D

p.s. It's sooo unfair was in the states last year and nearly every brand of beer has a light version (heiniken, miller, bud, etc.) which is much lower in cals, yet the only light beers I am aware of here are coors and bud light? Don't see how we can't get the light stuff here!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

3 bottles (330ml) of Coors light is 11PP if that helps anyone? (although 6 is 23)!
    Can you tell I like a drink?:D

Well, is still confusing to me.. in the book it says that 330ml bottle of lager is 3pp.. isn't it all lager?? like i mean, by the book any 330ml of heiniken, carlsberg, etc.. should be 3pp, isnt it?? am i wrong?? :confused:

amira wrote: »
    Well, is still confusing to me.. in the book it says that 330ml bottle of lager is 3pp.. isn't it all lager?? like i mean, by the book any 330ml of heiniken, carlsberg, etc.. should be 3pp, isnt it?? am i wrong?? :confused:

it's true the book also says beer, bitter, 330ml bottle is 4pp..

so question is .. what is bitter beer? and what's the diff between beer and lager??

and last question then.. so, it's Corona a bitter, beer, bitter beer or a lager?? i love Corona.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Hi all. Have been following this thread and find it great. Rejoined WW for the umpteenth time but determined to get to Gold this time. Love the PP esp the 49 extras - my lifesaver. Have lost over 1 stone so far and have at least another 5 to go.
    Find drinking water difficult in winter but now drink hot water with lemon as much as possible - cheap too!!!!! You can buy a bag of lemons in Aldi or Lidl cheaply and slice them and put in plastic bag in freezer - use frozen they cool the hot water nicely. Restaurants dont mind serving this free if you are having something to eat or with someone who paying for coffee or tea.

Keep on loosing

Ok.. been searching around and i have found the answers to my own questions..

Bitter beer is ale, and lager is well, lager.
    The difference seems to be that ales are made with more amount of crops, so it makes sense to me.. somehow.. that they are higher in points.

I also found out that Corona is a lager.. and as per the book a 330ml bottle of lager is 3pp.. there you go.. A bottle of Corona is 3pp!! and i'm veeeery happy to have found out about this fact.. :D

Pls don't correct me if i'm wrong... :rolleyes:

Ah well, pls DO!! :p

amira wrote: »
    it's true the book also says beer, bitter, 330ml bottle is 4pp..

so question is .. what is bitter beer? and what's the diff between beer and lager??

and last question then.. so, it's Corona a bitter, beer, bitter beer or a lager?? i love Corona.. :p

Amira - alcohol is super confusing on the new plan. I think in book where it has points of just "lager" and "bitter" etc its more a rough estimate, like with foods where you don't have the specific NV to calculate on.
    I subscribe to WW online so I can get the exact points for Coors light but they have no results for Corona I am afraid!

p.s. Also be careful when it comes to measures, weirdly I have seen them quote a bottle as 275ml instead of the standard 330ml (which has a point in difference) :D

p.p.s. They say standard bottle 330ml beer is 4 points but Heiniken 330ml bottle is 5PP??????

p.p.s. They say standard bottle 330ml beer is 4 points but Heiniken 330ml bottle is 5PP??????

WHAT??? 5PP??? jaaaayyyysssuuuussss!!! :eek:
    Ah well, i dont drink that often anyways.. but when i do i dont stop at the one bottle..

I think when it comes to drink in general....no matter how low in points it is....boooze aint going to help us get to our goal....so regardless of points and pints :P we should thread carefully when it comes to booze and the weeks we want to splash out on the drink...we should work extra hard to earn it :D

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I think when it comes to drink in general....no matter how low in points it is....boooze aint going to help us get to our goal....so regardless of points and pints :P we should thread carefully when it comes to booze and the weeks we want to splash out on the drink...we should work extra hard to earn it :D

100% agree, its just very hard as alot of my socialising (I'm a student) revolves around alcohol - even going to dinner involves few glasses of wine! I am not the type to be able to go out and stick with a glass water either ha (im not an alchie, I promise)!

It's actually not so much the alcohol that hurts my dieting its the munchies the alcohol brings and the breakdown in will power ha. But I am getting better and I am trying to do week on week off with the booze!

• Advertisement

100% agree, its just very hard as alot of my socialising (I'm a student) revolves around alcohol - even going to dinner involves few glasses of wine! I am not the type to be able to go out and stick with a glass water either ha (im not an alchie, I promise)!

It's actually not so much the alcohol that hurts my dieting its the munchies the alcohol brings and the breakdown in will power ha. But I am getting better and I am trying to do week on week off with the booze!

yeah i know what you mean, I'm full time student time aswell...last week was rag week in cork....mother of god....we were having litre of vodka...before we even left the house to hit the clubs! I cant do the whole going out on the town sober....drunk ppl are REALLY annoying unless your drunk too :p

I've lost touch with ALOT of friends cos i have been going out drinking with them :( We dont live near each other...we're all on different schedules with college and work...so our "nights out" are when we used to get together and catch up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement