Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Millieboo wrote: »
    Not nearly as bad as I (and prob you) thought ha - as per ww.co.uk its 7PP for the average fresh cream and jam doughnut!
    Eabhabear wrote: »
    Sorry I can't help with the doughnut but I would say it'd be high enough.

Millieboo posted the above. Thanks anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

We all need a binge sometimes, if only to rebel! Not the end of the world, aslong as you get back on track next week you will be just fine. Hope everything works out ;)

Thanks this is my first slip since startin on 4th Jan so I'm not doing too bad
    Car windows broke they went down & wouldn't go back up Tuesday night then Wed mam got her test results back turns out it's breast cancer so we're all trying to come to terms with that so everythings up in the air at the min all I wanna do is cry (it's also TOTM so that's not helping my emotions)
    Sorry just had to vent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Car windows broke they went down & wouldn't go back up Tuesday night then Wed mam got her test results back turns out it's breast cancer so we're all trying to come to terms with that so everythings up in the air at the min all I wanna do is cry (it's also TOTM so that's not helping my emotions)
    Sorry just had to vent

Just be there for each other! so sorry to hear about your mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Sorry just had to vent

Aww hun, I think thats a perfect example of putting things in perspective! You are more than entitled to go offtrack based on TOTM alone ha, but with the more serious issues going on you can't be stressing yourself with points.....however, I do think it will help you if you continue to track (will bring some normalsy/routine to your situation) and I truely believe you can deal better mentally when your feeling good physically! Take Care x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Sorry just had to vent

So sorry to hear about your mum. For now just take it a day at a time. Once you get your head around the news you can get back on track properly.

x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Wed mam got her test results back turns out it's breast cancer so we're all trying to come to terms with that so everythings up in the air at the min all I wanna do is cry (it's also TOTM so that's not helping my emotions)
    Sorry just had to vent

Sorry to hear about your mum, allow things to be up in the air at the moment & cry as much as you want. You'll get back on track in your own time, it can't be an easy time for you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 _maddy_

Hi there! I'm new to the whole WW thing, started yesterday and really trying hard so far. Loving all the support/advice/recipies here, cant wait to get really stuck in...have holidays booked so great incentive but really just need to get healthy! All advice greatly appreciated!!

Starting weight: 13st 1.5lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Sorry just had to vent

So sorry to hear about your Mam. Hope the vent on here & a good cry helps you feel better able to cope with your news & helps you get back on track on WW. You've been doing brilliant so far. Thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

_maddy_ wrote: »
    Hi there! I'm new to the whole WW thing, started yesterday and really trying hard so far. Loving all the support/advice/recipies here, cant wait to get really stuck in...have holidays booked so great incentive but really just need to get healthy! All advice greatly appreciated!!

Starting weight: 13st 1.5lbs

Welcome. I had a similar starting weight. I restarted at the start of Jan at 13st 2lbs & now am 12st 1lb. Stick with it & you'll look fab for your holidays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

So WI week 6 went well, was down 1.5lbs which I was happy with as I gained 1 last week so I am back on track and have lost 10lbs in total. It is slow for me but well worth the wait I think. I don't want to dramatically lose the weight and then find it hard to keep it off. So another 11 to go and I will be happy. Its the weekend tomorrow :eek: , hope I have enough willpower to not dip into my weeklies as I am in London for 4 nights next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Sorry just had to vent

Dont be worrying about your weight at this time, other things are more important. Im sorry to hear about your mam. You will get back on track in time.

Thanks everyone you's are such a great support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Not nearly as bad as I (and prob you) thought ha - as per ww.co.uk its 7PP for the average fresh cream and jam doughnut!

and.....absolutely and completely worth every bit of it!! Doughnuts are my favourites and it's one of the foods we actually win with on the propoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Sorry just had to vent

aw im so sorry to hear about your mam xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Hi all,

First Layla.. hope evything goes ok.. hopefully they've catched it on time.. I know this thing can be beaten!! nowadays they have the methods to do it.. My cousin has done it.. sure your mum can too..
    stay positive.. positive thinking is veeeeery important..

Then.. me.. feel a bit selfish worrying about what i ate last nite when you have this big issue on your shoulders.. but still have to ask.. hope you dont think i'm insensitive..

last nite went out to a comedy gig.. we had to eat something out so i thought of going to a deli instead of a restaurant so i can just grab a roll instead of going for a 2-3 course meal.. so.. had a hot chicken baguette and OMG when i went home and point it.. did i do it right?

Baguette - 10pp
    Breaded chicken breast - 9pp
    Tomato - 0
    Lettuce - 0
    Mayo - 3pp

So is it really 22pp?? I thought it'd be healthy..

I think you have a wonderful attitude and things will work out for you all for sure. I would agree with all the other posts, it's important to have a focus and keep yourself healthy and active to deal with these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

baguette was always quite bad, there is no problem eating out if you make healthy food choices on the night, the other thing is just because you go out for dinner , does not mean you will have to have a 2 -or 3 course meal !! Would you normally have a 2 or 3 course meal at home ?
    the other thing is when you order mayo at a deli you cannot control how much they put one, its normally loads and normally not light or low fat, even if you ask them to put a tiny bit on its normally loads.
    The main thing is the big picture and to learn , and if you make good food choices over the week and months the one baguette should not mean too much in the long run, best of luck with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Layla, Sorry to hear you had such bad news, hope it has been caught in time x

amira wrote: »
    Hi all,

First Layla.. hope evything goes ok.. hopefully they've catched it on time.. I know this thing can be beaten!! nowadays they have the methods to do it.. My cousin has done it.. sure your mum can too..
    stay positive.. positive thinking is veeeeery important..

Then.. me.. feel a bit selfish worrying about what i ate last nite when you have this big issue on your shoulders.. but still have to ask.. hope you dont think i'm insensitive..

last nite went out to a comedy gig.. we had to eat something out so i thought of going to a deli instead of a restaurant so i can just grab a roll instead of going for a 2-3 course meal.. so.. had a hot chicken baguette and OMG when i went home and point it.. did i do it right?

Baguette - 10pp
    Breaded chicken breast - 9pp
    Tomato - 0
    Lettuce - 0
    Mayo - 3pp

So is it really 22pp?? I thought it'd be healthy..

The half baguette is 8 propoints (according to our leader) and I always point a breaded chicken breast as 7. I never point mayo etc (just don't, it seems to work for me) but even if you take it as 3, that is only 18 pp. If you'd gone to McDonalds you would have used 25 for a chicken burger/chips and similar for an Eddie Rockets or pub grub. I think you made a wise enough choice. You were being healthy, healthy and a few higher points for your dinner are not mutually exclusive. Don't beat yourself up. Now whether you think the points you used were worth it for the enjoyment you got from it is a completely different thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cocoon1100

Hi everyone, congratulations on all your losses I have to say that I find you all an inspiration. I've had a very long journey with ww but its the only thing that works for me.

Anyway I was in Tesco for the third time looking for the Hodgins low fat sausages and I was told they were not selling them anymore. Was also in one of the Supervalu's and they were not there either.

So I emailed Hodgins and got a reply straight away (very impressed with their customer service). They said that they hope to have their low fat sausages back in Tesco from the first week in april. In the meantime I could purchase them in another SuperValu in the town. So not all Supervalu's have them.

Off today to try and find them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Best wishes to you and your Mam

kashmir wrote: »
    The half baguette is 8 propoints (according to our leader) and I always point a breaded chicken breast as 7. I never point mayo etc (just don't, it seems to work for me) but even if you take it as 3, that is only 18 pp. If you'd gone to McDonalds you would have used 25 for a chicken burger/chips and similar for an Eddie Rockets or pub grub. I think you made a wise enough choice. You were being healthy, healthy and a few higher points for your dinner are not mutually exclusive. Don't beat yourself up. Now whether you think the points you used were worth it for the enjoyment you got from it is a completely different thing! :D

Thanks kashmir..
    I like you're way of pointing it much better :D
    yeah.. for that amount of points i could have get probably something more enjoyable... but i did enjoy it.. ages since i had a roll!!
    I still had my weekleys so i'll just have to be more careful this weekend..
    THanks a lot!! :)

Renewed positivity this morning (last ditch attempt before WI in the morning!)
    Thank you all so much for your well wishes for my mam & myself, I know she can fight this and we'll get through it :)
    This morning I've had a WW strawberry yogurt, fresh fruit salad, banana and a cup of hot water so am back on track (hope my 2 day long meltdown hasn't done too much damage)

Thank you all so much for your well wishes for my mam & myself, I know she can fight this and we'll get through it :)
    This morning I've had a WW strawberry yogurt, fresh fruit salad, banana and a cup of hot water so am back on track (hope my 2 day long meltdown hasn't done too much damage)

That's the spirit!!! wishing you both all the best!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

For when you just get fed up of roast chicken!

Roast loin of pork with peaches and sage 9pp/portion
    Serves 6

1 kg boneless pork loin, visible fat removed
    1tsp olive oil
    2 shallots, chopped
    4 canned peach halves in natural juice, chopped finely
    1 tsp dried sage
    1tbsp flaked almonds
    25g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
    1 tbsp clear honey
    Salt and pepper

• Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200C/fan oven 180
    • Use a long bladed sharp knife to cut a slit right through the centre of the pork loin, forming a pocket for the filling.
    • Heat the olive oil in a small pan and cook the shallots until softened. Remove from the heat and stir in the peaches, sage, almonds, breadcrumbs, honey and seasoning.
    • Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a large plain nozzle and push the nozzle into the slit in the pork. Squeeze out the stuffing so that it fills the pocket.
    • Lift into a non-stick roasting tin. Season the top of the pork and roast for 1 hour. Leave to rest for 10 mins before slicing.

Devils Food Cake 6pp/portion
    Serves 10

40g low fat spread
    100g light brown soft sugar
    I tsp vanilla extract
    3 egg whites
    5 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
    150g self raising flour
    25g cocoa powder
    ½ tsp baking powder
    ½ tsp bicarb of soda
    150ml skimmed milk
    25g finely grated dark chocolate at least 70% cocoa solids
    25g caster sugar
    Salt

200g extra light cream cheese
    3 tbsp artificial sweetener
    2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted

• Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180C/ fan oven 160C and grease and line 2x18cm (7”) cake tins with baking parchment
    • Beat the low fat spread, sugar, vanilla extract and 1 egg white together for 2 minutes using an electric whisk, until pale and smooth. Gradually beat in the yoghurt.
    • Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarb of soda and a pinch of salt together. Add a third of these dry ingredients to the wet, followed by half the milk. Beat until smooth, then whisk in the remaining flour mixture and milk. Fold in two thirds of the grated chocolate.
    • Clean the beaters then whisk the remaining 2 egg whites to soft peaks in another bowl. Whisk in the caster sugar until shiny. Using a large metal spoon, stir a spoonful of egg whites into the cake batter to loosen it and then carefully fld in the remainder.
    • Divide the batter between the prepared tins and bake on the centre shelf for 18-20 minutes or until risen and springy in the centre. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
    • To make the icing, simply beat the icing ingredients together until smooth. Sandwich the cakes together with a third of the icing then spread the remainder over the top and sides. Scatter over the reserved grated chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Layla, I seen your post this morning but only getting a chance to reply now. So sorry to hear this, but you have the right attitude.
    With your healthy eating and weight loss you will have the strength (mental and physical) to help her through it.
    Forget about your meltdown...you were trying to cope with bigger things. Today is a new day ;)

Went to doc this morn and turns out I have a pretty bad kidney infection.
    While WW is great in a lot of ways, I haven't been drinking cranberry juice (or any kind of juice really) over the last few months, coz I felt it was unnecessary spending. Anyway, as I'm prone to infections I'm just going to have to sacrifice something else and drink a glass of cranberry juice everyday. I suppose that's where my weeklies could come in handy.

But on the plus side, even tho I know the scales said I was up this week, my trousers are nearly falling off me. It was like someone just cut a few pounds off me at some stage yesterday! My friend works in a charity shop and so I'm gonna ask her to keep a look out for some new work trousers for me. No point going and spending a fortune on something that will only fit me for a few weeks (I wish!)!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Oooh thanks for that. Bud Lite it is for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

HELP!! The boss is just back from New York and has brought back bags of mini hersheys and reeses peanut butter cups. I have already had 6 and they are 1PP each!!! And it's only 12.30!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Monife wrote: »
    HELP!! The boss is just back from New York and has brought back bags of mini hersheys and reeses peanut butter cups. I have already had 6 and they are 1PP each!!! And it's only 12.30!!! :(

Haha! Hate that! Fill up on fruit or something so your not hungry.
    Office sweets really test your willpower tho!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Sin a bhfuil

dammitj wrote: »
    I try to drink over the course of the day in little sips as otherwise there's no point.
    Unfortunately I hate any tea that's not just standard tea, and it's a pity really as there are so many of them out there. I've tried peppermint and chamomile and whatever and just can't like them no matter how hard I try!

I will continue trying to sip at the water and running to the loo as I know my body will get used to it eventually.

The thing is, apparently it doesn't actually matter whether you drink water or tea, it's the fluids that you need in your system. I don't want to undo what everyone's been saying about water, and I am trying to drink more of it myself, but there has been research done to prove that it doesn't matter if you drink water or tea or coffee, as long as you're getting the fluids into you!

I'm aware that its any kind of fluid (I live on soup - its my favourite food) - but I think the thing about plain water is that it flushes out your kidneys & liver and helps your metabolism. I noticed a huge difference when I actually started which was worth all the pain in the beginning - so do persevere! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement