Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

ugh....woke up this morning feeling like crap....if i am coming down with something...it would explain why i've been feeling off and my appitite been all over the place all week...hope its just the weather....very funny heavy weather here in cork at the moment....my head is throbbing!

on a plus note....i made it thru aldi with out getting chocolate....aldi is the only place i find it hard to resist...cos there truffles and chocolates are just mouth wateringly good...last time i was in aldi....i ate about 40pp in sweets just in the car home!

got all my ingredients for my thai green curry for later.....nom nom...i have feck all appitite at the moment cos of this headache...so going to enjoy this dinner tonight...its WELL within my daily points...but i still feel guilty and worried about having such a rich dinner the night before a weight in....

really hoping i STS or at the most up 1.5....it'll be the badness from last week showing this week...that i can deal with....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

anyone know the PP in a single packet of king lite crisps? 24g?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I'm aware that its any kind of fluid (I live on soup - its my favourite food) - but I think the thing about plain water is that it flushes out your kidneys & liver and helps your metabolism. I noticed a huge difference when I actually started which was worth all the pain in the beginning - so do persevere! :D

Yeah, will do!
    I'm sure my body will get used to it eventually ... *heads off to the loo again...*

I pointed from a multipack the other day and it was 3pp!

dammitj wrote: »
    I pointed from a multipack the other day and it was 3pp!

Ooooh really, nice one!! these are from a multipack... there doing a 6pack in tesco for €1.12 so I bought them lol I love King

• Advertisement

I think I did the same the other day, ha ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Renewed positivity this morning (last ditch attempt before WI in the morning!)
    Thank you all so much for your well wishes for my mam & myself, I know she can fight this and we'll get through it :)

Sorry to hear about your mam, Layla, hopefully they have caught it in time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Hi all

Didnt have time for brekkie this morning, not even a glass of water which is so unlike me, was in meetings all morning & had about 5 mins to grab food, I ran into Subway, I got a 6inch Ham sub with salad but included cheese & small amt of light mayo, they thankfully let me put on my own. I had a quick check on the subway website for the nutritional info and it's coming back with 7 pp, hope this is right, obviously the cheese & mayo not included in this but i'm pointing cheese at 2pp and mayo 1pp as it was a tiny amount.

Can anyone tell me if they think the above is right please.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

king lites are 5 for ones you get in newsagents(not sure what size) and normally king are 3 for 25g packet!! i couldnt believe it and felt so cheated!! seems strange but have the nutrional info saved in my point calculator in my phone!!

i was eating the lite ones and girl from work having normal so pointed both!!

Thanks this is my first slip since startin on 4th Jan so I'm not doing too bad
    Car windows broke they went down & wouldn't go back up Tuesday night then Wed mam got her test results back turns out it's breast cancer so we're all trying to come to terms with that so everythings up in the air at the min all I wanna do is cry (it's also TOTM so that's not helping my emotions)
    Sorry just had to vent
    so sorry to hear about your mom, hope your weighin went good for you

• Advertisement

Hi all

Didnt have time for brekkie this morning, not even a glass of water which is so unlike me, was in meetings all morning & had about 5 mins to grab food, I ran into Subway, I got a 6inch Ham sub with salad but included cheese & small amt of light mayo, they thankfully let me put on my own. I had a quick check on the subway website for the nutritional info and it's coming back with 7 pp, hope this is right, obviously the cheese & mayo not included in this but i'm pointing cheese at 2pp and mayo 1pp as it was a tiny amount.

Can anyone tell me if they think the above is right please.

yep thats sounds about right :) i go to subway all the time! A really satisfying lunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Ooooh really, nice one!! these are from a multipack... there doing a 6pack in tesco for €1.12 so I bought them lol I love King

A pack of real King are only 4pp........well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

So, after a terrible two weeks, I went to my WI yesterday and managed to stay the same.

Although, I obliterated my points last night, had eaten all my daily points and went out and I drank about 50points, then had McDonalds on top of that oops. Although, I've been good so far today so hopefully I'll manage to redeem myself by Thursday for my next WI!

jesus my resolve was tested last night on my walk......one part of my walk is thru rathmines and seriously about 20 takeaways in a row and the smell of food was amazing!! pizza especially!!

then realised the reason i had to be out on this walk was that these bloody places and their yummy food had covered me in FAT over the years when i stumbled out of the bars of rathmines!! so walked extra fast and disdnt inhale till i was past them!!!:p

ProPoints® Value: 0
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 0 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This stunning drink tastes every bit as good as it looks!

Ingredients
    500 g Strawberries, stalks removed
    300 ml Lemonade, Diet, chilled
    60 ml Lime Juice, Fresh, (4 tbsp)
    1 tablespoons Artificial Sweetener, powdered, or to taste (optional)

Instructions
    Reserve four strawberries for decoration, then put the remainder into a blender or food processor. Blend for about 20-30 seconds.

Pour the blended strawberries through a fine sieve to remove the pips. Chill.

Just before serving, stir the lemonade and lime juice into the blended strawberries. Add powdered sweetener, according to taste. Pour into 4 glasses and decorate with the reserved strawberries.

Chef’s Tip: Use one lemon instead of two limes, if you prefer. If you happen to add rum, don't forget to count the POINTS value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Slimpickings

Hi All !

Joined WW 2 weeks ago and happily down 6llbs :D.
    Starting Weight : 15st 13 :eek:
    Boy do I have a long way to go....somewhere in the region of 4 - 4.5 st to go ....my goal weight wasn't mentioned at my first weigh in so guessing I'll be told somewhere down the road. Can't even remember being 13st so even getting there would be a thrill ! Anyway aiming for my very first Silver 7 this week .....fingers crossed !

I just want to say a Huge Thank You to you all....I've had such inspiration from your stories and willingness to encourage each other !

I start my first message with a question - very lofty - How many PP in Hodgins Low Fat Sausages. Yes I managed to track down an illusive packet in the Dunnes near where I work ! Yes they do exist....unlike the definitely extinct Low Fat Greek Yoghurt :rolleyes:

Good Luck to All...fingers crossed for sticking to points this weekend....there definitely was something in the air last weekend and definitely don't think I'd get away with it 2 weekends in a row !;)

Cheers

Hi All !

Joined WW 2 weeks ago and happily down 6llbs :D.
    Starting Weight : 15st 13 :eek:
    Boy do I have a long way to go....somewhere in the region of 4 - 4.5 st to go ....my goal weight wasn't mentioned at my first weigh in so guessing I'll be told somewhere down the road. Can't even remember being 13st so even getting there would be a thrill ! Anyway aiming for my very first Silver 7 this week .....fingers crossed !

I just want to say a Huge Thank You to you all....I've had such inspiration from your stories and willingness to encourage each other !

I start my first message with a question - very lofty - How many PP in Hodgins Low Fat Sausages. Yes I managed to track down an illusive packet in the Dunnes near where I work ! Yes they do exist....unlike the definitely extinct Low Fat Greek Yoghurt :rolleyes:

Good Luck to All...fingers crossed for sticking to points this weekend....there definitely was something in the air last weekend and definitely don't think I'd get away with it 2 weekends in a row !;)

Cheers

1 sausage is 1pp
    2 sausages are 3pp

Thanks Lady Lainy !!!!

You are a superstar ! Ever think about becoming a WW leader ???? :)

Thanks Lady Lainy !!!!

You are a superstar ! Ever think about becoming a WW leader ???? :)

lol its easy to find the answers when using the UK site, The UK site is brilliant! recipes and articles and calculators :)

Must add looking up the Uk website to my list.....planning a big No points Soup making frenzy this weekend to try and prepare for next week . Thanks for posting so many gorgeous recipies ....good luck with weigh in !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Millieboo wrote: »
    p.s. It's sooo unfair was in the states last year and nearly every brand of beer has a light version (heiniken, miller, bud, etc.) which is much lower in cals, yet the only light beers I am aware of here are coors and bud light? Don't see how we can't get the light stuff here!
    "light" beers are simply fermented out more (i.e. all sugar is turned into alcohol like a dry wine vs a sweet wine). They avoid the term "light" in ireland since it will put macho men off drinking it, just like we now have coke zero, pepsi max etc, since the macho men will not be seen dead with a diet coke :rolleyes:.

Miller lite was released here as miller pilsner years ago (knowing lite would not sell). A pilsner beer is one which is brewed out to near completion, just like the light beers, but they are usually stronger. So satzenbrau and holsten pils are 2 readily available pilsners, however they are higher in points as they are high in % -so you just drink less, its more economical as they are usually the same price for a longneck. Bulmers light is fermented out and sweeteners are added. The miller pilsner was only 4 or 4.2%.
    amira wrote: »
    isn't it all lager?? like i mean, by the book any 330ml of heiniken, carlsberg, etc.. should be 3pp, isnt it??
    Even if htey are all 4.3% they can have varying amounts of unfermented sugar in them, and so varying points.
    amira wrote: »
    so question is .. what is bitter beer? and what's the diff between beer and lager??

and last question then.. so, it's Corona a bitter, beer, bitter beer or a lager??
    Corona is a beer, lager is a particular type of beer. It is like "car" being a generic term, just like beer. Guinness is a beer, it is a stout which is a type of beer. Bitter is just another type too, with more hops to make it more bitter. Lager is beer fermented and stored at low temperatures.

I subscribe to WW online so I can get the exact points for Coors light but they have no results for Corona I am afraid!
    I think coors light is a different % in the UK and so different points.
    p.p.s. They say standard bottle 330ml beer is 4 points but Heiniken 330ml bottle is 5PP??????
    Heineken has relatively more sugar in it than other beers, also if it is the UK it is probably a 5% heineken, since only 2 countries in the world have it as 4.3%, Ireland being one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Renewed positivity this morning (last ditch attempt before WI in the morning!)
    Thank you all so much for your well wishes for my mam & myself, I know she can fight this and we'll get through it :)
    This morning I've had a WW strawberry yogurt, fresh fruit salad, banana and a cup of hot water so am back on track (hope my 2 day long meltdown hasn't done too much damage)

Sorry to hear about your mam chicks, i really wouldnt worry about your mini binge in all the stress of the news - look after yourself!:)

hey... Well done on the losses this week folks!!

I tink I have bn good today but I dont track as I dont have patients if Im honest

Today I had a pink and white wafer, 1 packet of King lite and WW caramel rice thingy...

Now for dinner I am having my homemade chicken curry with brown basmati rice...
    For desert I was thinking of... Merguine nest (from Dunnes) with WW toffee yoghurt poured over with kiwi and orange on top... Anyone know the points to it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Oh no! I was bold today. Im afraid and embarassed to even ask.... but does anyone know how many millions of points are in a delicious long cream doughnut???:o

Oh sounds amazingly good! just have the shopping guide at hand - it doesnt list a cream donut but a regular jam doughnut is 6pp. I'd just add on a few points for the cream. We all need our little treats from time to time!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    jesus my resolve was tested last night on my walk......one part of my walk is thru rathmines and seriously about 20 takeaways in a row and the smell of food was amazing!! pizza especially!!

then realised the reason i had to be out on this walk was that these bloody places and their yummy food had covered me in FAT over the years when i stumbled out of the bars of rathmines!! so walked extra fast and disdnt inhale till i was past them!!!:p

Haha that sounds like me exactly. I live between Terenure and Rathgar and I walk to Terenure, past lovely italian restaurants, around the back on bushy park road and through Rathgar, past Thai and Chinese (nom nom) and home, the smells nom nom nom haha

Caved to temptation and got 4 star pizza tonight. Did damage limitation though and got the meal deal for 1 and got the OH meal deal for 1. We used to get the huge deal between us, chicken dippers, wedges, 2 garlic pizza bread and a 16inch pizza :eek:

Tonight got 7inch pizza and the garlic pizza bread. All for only 22PP :)

Monife wrote: »
    Haha that sounds like me exactly. I live between Terenure and Rathgar and I walk to Terenure, past lovely italian restaurants, around the back on bushy park road and through Rathgar, past Thai and Chinese (nom nom) and home, the smells nom nom nom haha

Caved to temptation and got 4 star pizza tonight. Did damage limitation though and got the meal deal for 1 and got the OH meal deal for 1. We used to get the huge deal between us, chicken dippers, wedges, 2 garlic pizza bread and a 16inch pizza :eek:

when it comes to take out...thats a bargain! whats the name of that meal deal?...if the urger should ever take my fancy....not that they'd ever be able to find my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Aaargh - I just had a highlights hot chocolate with marshmallows and jaffa cakes :( I know the highlights are okay, but most of a packet of jaffa cakes aren't really :mad:

I haven't had anything sweet or chocolatey really in about a month and now I feel ill! I need vegetables!

I hate when I do this to myself - I know it could have been waaaay worse but it really wasn't necessary :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cnelo

Hey everyone, loving this thread, great to have some support from an Irish website. I've been doing weight watchers since 12th Jan and Ive lost 7 and 1/2. Haven't had a great last 2 weeks but am trying hard this week....
    Had a good day today but just caved and policed off a domino's meal for 1. I have no idea how to calculate the points though! 7" pizza with cheese pepperoni onion and sweetcorn and wedges with 2 garlic dips!:o Any ideas???! Hoping it won't go over my allowance :(

Monife wrote: »

Oh yummy! I'm almost afraid to eat pizzas these days, and I miss them!

• Advertisement

cnelo wrote: »
    Hey everyone, loving this thread, great to have some support from an Irish website. I've been doing weight watchers since 12th Jan and Ive lost 7 and 1/2. Haven't had a great last 2 weeks but am trying hard this week....
    Had a good day today but just caved and policed off a domino's meal for 1. I have no idea how to calculate the points though! 7" pizza with cheese pepperoni onion and sweetcorn and wedges with 2 garlic dips!:o Any ideas???! Hoping it won't go over my allowance :(

well we're on a pizza theme at the moment, 4 star have the nutritional information...just use the 4 star version of what ever you had to work out your points :)

http://www.fourstarpizza.ie/index.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement