Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    when it comes to take out...thats a bargain! whats the name of that meal deal?...if the urger should ever take my fancy....not that they'd ever be able to find my house!

7inch cheese pizza from 4 star is 10PP
    Garlic Pizza bread is 12PP

It is called the meal deal for 1 and you get a can of fizzy drink too.

Didnt have the dip that came with the GB but calculated it anyway and it is 4PP

I added 3PP for the ham on the pizza too, so total 25PP and absolutely stuffed!! Struggling to drink my 1st vodka of the night as I am sooo full lol Bargain for a takeaway though, was quite surprised!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    7inch cheese pizza from 4 star is 10PP
    Garlic Pizza bread is 12PP

It is called the meal deal for 1 and you get a can of fizzy drink too.

Didnt have the dip that came with the GB but calculated it anyway and it is 4PP

I added 3PP for the ham on the pizza too, so total 25PP and absolutely stuffed!! Struggling to drink my 1st vodka of the night as I am sooo full lol Bargain for a takeaway though, was quite surprised!!

LOL enjoy your night! for a take out....thats really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Any homemade veg soups floating around guys ?

RVN10 wrote: »

prepared to be bombarded....this gang know there veggie soups! most the soups are 0pp!

Just what I was hoping :D let them flow guys and gals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Have u tried the butternut squash and red pepper soup? I have a big Pot boiling at the minute?
    It's just butternut squash, red pepper and an onion. Oh yeah and vegetable stock!

kildareash wrote: »
    Have u tried the butternut squash and red pepper soup? I have a big Pot boiling at the minute?
    It's just butternut squash, red pepper and an onion. Oh yeah and vegetable stock!

no i haven't kildareash does it taste nice ? Im looking for a good farmhouse veg type one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

just whatever is in the firdge;) i usually hace celery,onion,carrots, mushrooms,red, yellow, green peppers broccoli, veg stock cube.bring to boil and blend,,:)

no i haven't kildareash does it taste nice ? Im looking for a good farmhouse veg type one :)

I love it! But was chatting to my friend and let it stick to the saucepan!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I also have to recommend the butternut squash & red pepper soup. It is gorgeous & very tasty. I just finished a pot of it yesterday & tomorrow I am going to make leek & courgette. Here's how to make it. Chop up 3 or 4 trimmed leeks (the white parts, not the leafy green bits) and fry in spray oil for about 5 mins until it is soft. You're supposed to use olive oil, but I don't. Add 3 large chopped courgettes & 2 pints of vegetable stock. Bring to the boil & simmer for about 30 mins & everything is soft. Blend & serve. Those 2 are my favourites at the moment. I give up 1 pp per large bowl because of the stock. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

I really have to start making soup!

i just hate veg soup...off to search the archives!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Wow it really must be a pizza night! I had 2 slices of a cheese and tomato pizza and chips (half..ish!) from supermacs, really unsure how to point it. Was thinking of pointing 10 for the 2 slices of pizza and about 8 for the chips,would that sound right??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Roasted tomato and red pepper soup with basil...easiest thing in the world to make, whack the tomatoes and peppers in the oven, then the whole lot in the blender with a vegetable stock. If you use an oxo one then it's all totally free :) and very yummy!

There used to be a soup thread stickied but not sure where it's gone to now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Just on the topic of soups, how long will soup last for in the fridge, I used to make a big pot of it, freeze it and then forget about it, so I'm on a mission this weekend.

well i've just thrown my weight in tomorrow morning out the window...fecking french stick! totally bloated and gross now!

ah well...its a journey....yeah so what if tomorrows wi in screwed up....over all i'm losing weight....its about the bigger picture!

Its just been a crappy up and down week...havent been sleeping properly....and i really wanted this week to catch up on sleep...

I think i wasn't eating enough points at the right times of the days....maybe having too small a lunch after the gym....which lead to evening snacking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

well i've just thrown my weight in tomorrow morning out the window...fecking french stick! totally bloated and gross now!

ah well...its a journey....yeah so what if tomorrows wi in screwed up....over all i'm losing weight....its about the bigger picture!

Its just been a crappy up and down week...havent been sleeping properly....and i really wanted this week to catch up on sleep...

I think i wasn't eating enough points at the right times of the days....maybe having too small a lunch after the gym....which lead to evening snacking!

Ah I really wouldnt think that a bit of french stick will affect your weigh in hun, many a week I have had a chinese etc the night before my weigh in, and mine is at 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

just spent an hour and a half reading posts!!!! i had been good all week and hadn't used all the 49 extras but STS last nite,bit dissapointed but hopefully next week will be good!:rolleyes:

One of my fave soups is Carrot and Coriander and it is really easy.

Chop carrots, onion, garlic and coriander and put in a pot. Add 2 pints of stock (I use chicken stock, lil bit more flavour, or you can use veg stock), stir and simmer for 45 mins to an hour.

Once cooled, blend until whatever consistency you like. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Nom nom nom.

Going to make low fat lasagne again this weekend. Tempted to try the Quorn mince but I am very fussy and worried it won't taste nice...?

Just on the topic of soups, how long will soup last for in the fridge, I used to make a big pot of it, freeze it and then forget about it, so I'm on a mission this weekend.

I usually make a big pot on Sunday and it usually lasts til Friday. I would say Friday at the latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey...

havnt been on in a few days its mad this site moves so fast:D... i had a a challenging few days a friend of mine is home from oz so havnt been at home as i on mid-term aswell...

Thursay had wrap for lunch and lots of fruit and den i had to do a 5 hour shift in my parents chipper which wasnt planned so i was starving and had no dinner with me:eek: that was really hard but i only ate two chips as i was busy thank god and der was nothing healthy to eat in my parentd house so i got a curly wurly and chickatees and thats all i ate all day which wasnt good for me either:(.

Then today was meeting friends for lunch so had two slices of homemade brown bread with tuna, full fat mayo(they had no light mayo:mad: i did ask) lettuce and tomato and didn even have a cappucino had diet coke instead:p. Then for dinner i had a bag of chips and 1 chicken fillet roll from chinese and mayo dip.

It was hard but im proud of myself for not falling off track:D...
    So tomarrow i have a christening and sunday dinner out(still have 47 weeklies left).

Being hetic week so have 2 more days to keep on track den its back to work and normal routine :D...

Sorry for the rant everyone:)...

.........one of my favs,2 carrots,an onion,2 spuds and a veg stock cube,boil up,simmer for 20 mins or so,blend it if u like it smooth,or blend half if u like some bits of veg in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Monife wrote: »
    Tempted to try the Quorn mince but I am very fussy and worried it won't taste nice...?

I tried the Quorn mince and have to say that I really didn't like it, i'm very fussy too, I had it with my usual bologonese sauce but hated the texture of it, I love mince beef so definitely won't be eating it again.

layla,so sorry to hear about ur mam,hope all goes well for ye x

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

kildareash wrote: »
    Layla, I seen your post this morning but only getting a chance to reply now. So sorry to hear this, but you have the right attitude.
    With your healthy eating and weight loss you will have the strength (mental and physical) to help her through it.
    Forget about your meltdown...you were trying to cope with bigger things. Today is a new day ;)

Went to doc this morn and turns out I have a pretty bad kidney infection.
    While WW is great in a lot of ways, I haven't been drinking cranberry juice (or any kind of juice really) over the last few months, coz I felt it was unnecessary spending. Anyway, as I'm prone to infections I'm just going to have to sacrifice something else and drink a glass of cranberry juice everyday. I suppose that's where my weeklies could come in handy.

But on the plus side, even tho I know the scales said I was up this week, my trousers are nearly falling off me. It was like someone just cut a few pounds off me at some stage yesterday! My friend works in a charity shop and so I'm gonna ask her to keep a look out for some new work trousers for me. No point going and spending a fortune on something that will only fit me for a few weeks (I wish!)!

Layla sorry about the bad news, hopefully they got it in time. There is lots of info around on the benefits of healthy fruit and veg juices for people going through chemo etc, so give her a hand with some good nutrition choices that will be good for both of you. I will try to find the name of a good book on that subject.
    Kildereash, you can get cranberry tablets at a health shop, that should save your points, I used to take it as I found the cranberry juice a bit too acidic!

Taking my bloated ass off to bed with lucozade sport and Nurofen and strepsols!
    I must be coming down with something.....just feel blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

F*ck off scales! .....yeah yeah yeah i'll have to deal with you in the morning....but god....blah just feck off

Thanks SAexpat. I'd never heard of them before but a friend recommended them to me tonight. Deffo going to get some tomorrow.

@Lady Lainy...hope ur feeling better tomorrow. The neurofen shld help fight anything off. Loads of vitamin c too!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Cadyboo wrote: »
    I think that they are totally taking avantage of the Irish, they always do. The reason is because they can. There is so much variety in UK with slimming clubs. They even have some slimming clubs that do fitness classes along with wi and meetings and they are still cheaper than ours!

IMO I think 10e to be weighed is crazy!!! But we are all still going to do it.

I agree, even the Irish website is pathetic compared to the uk one. They are always having specials over there with free joining , free calculator etc, WW is good but the cost is OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I could be wrong here but I think you need to ensure you include protein after the gym - depending on the work you do though, have a good look round the health and fitness forums here and you will advice on this,

Good luck in the morning although i dont think you will need it, I was dreading my meeting this week thinking i wouldnt have done well but still managed to be down a pound. I still have about five stone to lose but am happy tro lose it slowly this time and keep it off!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

hollyhock wrote: »
    just spent an hour and a half reading posts!!!! i had been good all week and hadn't used all the 49 extras but STS last nite,bit dissapointed but hopefully next week will be good!:rolleyes:
    Hopefully you will have a whopper of a loss next week, however any week you dont go down is a week you dont go up!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement